Personality Cafe banner

221 - 240 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
OMG. Hilarious! Well, next time , perhaps age question should be addressed earlier lol
What's your limit in terms of age? Personally, at 33 i wouldn't date anyone younger than 28. I wouldn't mind older men as i find them more settled and generally more interesting. Having said that, there are exceptions. ENFPs and ENFJs can be very mature at young age. Well, ENFPs have childish side to them anyhow.

-Ob.
INTPs like to talk in a thinker way. They don't hit you on the head like an ENTP might do. I had to make sure he's got ulterior motive before I'd kill that idea. ;-)

I don't mind dating younger. 10 is sort of my limit for now, assuming the guy is not wanting children. I don't like older guys; many are getting too set in their ways and minds. The oldest guy I had dated was 8 years my senior, a Si dom I think. He's thin faced and prone to nostalgic. I felt like walking on egg shell to not hurt his fragile ego and spending too much effort to change his tendency to be melancholy and treacly.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
INTPs like to talk in a thinker way. They don't hit you on the head like an ENTP might do. I had to make sure he's got ulterior motive before I'd kill that idea. ;-)

I don't mind dating younger. 10 is sort of my limit for now, assuming the guy is not wanting children. I don't like older guys; many are getting too set in their ways and minds. The oldest guy I had dated was 8 years my senior, a Si dom I think. He's thin faced and prone to nostalgic. I felt like walking on egg shell to not hurt his fragile ego and spending too much effort to change his tendency to be melancholy and treacly.
Anything high maintenance is off limit for me nowadays. If it is too difficult, well it is not for me lol
I do have couple of friendships where being around one another is so easy and effortless. So, i am looking for that now. These people do exist. Coincidentally enough they are ENFP & ENTPs. My best friends ever. Love them to bits.
-Ob.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
OMG. Hilarious! Well, next time , perhaps age question should be addressed earlier lol
What's your limit in terms of age? Personally, at 33 i wouldn't date anyone younger than 28. I wouldn't mind older men as i find them more settled and generally more interesting. Having said that, there are exceptions. ENFPs and ENFJs can be very mature at young age. Well, ENFPs have childish side to them anyhow.

-Ob.
Interesting question. Would you mind opening a thread with that in mind? I would, but I'm not the one that came up with the idea and I think this is your work.

Reactions: _Observer_

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Interesting question. Would you mind opening a thread with that in mind? I would, but I'm not the one that came up with the idea and I think this is your work.
You can create thread if you want to. I simply expressed my own view. I think these things are highly individualistic as such and there is no right or wrong answer .
-Ob.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
-Ob.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Anything high maintenance is off limit for me nowadays. If it is too difficult, well it is not for me lol
I do have couple of friendships where being around one another is so easy and effortless. So, i am looking for that now. These people do exist. Coincidentally enough they are ENFP & ENTPs. My best friends ever. Love them to bits.
-Ob.
It's a good policy to stay clear off a high maintenance mate. Life is too short. I don't care to teach or improve a guy nor do I want to hoist myself up to his standard. It's better to be somewhat on a similar level (career, finance, circumstances, life style etc.) to achieve 1+1 is greater than 2 situation. :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
The thing that attracts a INTP to a INFJ is typically your Fe. Most INFJs are warm and sociable.
I've noticed this too. I've also noticed that Ti is good at cutting thru our necessary bullshit, which is a welcome change.
I wonder abt longterm compatibility tho. I think intps like to hang around because I reach out to them and make them talk about themselves, not realizing that I'm a conniving manipulatress underneath it all. my guess is that they're actually attracted to this once they realize what's going on but it takes them a while as reading people is not always a strength. but I think they can understand us once they decide that we're interesting and worthy of the mental effort.

btw all my data on intps is several years old at this point; don't spend too much time around their preferred habitats these days.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I admire INTPs honesty and thier tendency to be straight forward. Just like INTJs INFJs have trust issues and are very reluctant when sharing their feelings.
Another admirable trait is their intelligence, it resembles that of an INTJs but unlike an INTJ they are more considerable and less arrogant.
For INFJs you'll find their is a immediate attraction and chemistry they share which is good for both types because they rarely share this with any other types. An INFJ will be comfortable expressing themselves and an INTP will talk your ear off with knowledge, theories or whatever projects they are currently obessesd with. Haha
Another positive is their willingness to give each other space and understand one another which is very important when it comes to both these types.
This could be the golden couple though I might add it is very rare to find a INTP girl let alone an INFJ guy...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
The way I see INTPs is a bit... disappointing really. I get this constant sense that they rationalize feelings. Which is like saying you're trying to start a fire by rubbing 2 water jets together. I know there will be arguments on how cool INTPs are and how logic is so awesome. I just don't see it. I have my own logic, so I don't need it. I do love feelings and intuition.

Let's try to make it a bit more example driven. I like the series called "Lie to me". The guy is obviously an ExTP smth smth smth. The whole movie is centered on detecting lies through logic and science. However, I can tell when there is something wrong even before they find out that there is something wrong. Little pieces that I can't explain that don't match up. They eventually get there, they notice and then I end up saying, what took you so long, it was so obvious. I may not be able to pinpoint what exactly it is as my Ni is not laser guided, but it is like a detector that beeps louder as I get close to the problem.

See? That's something actually boring about logic types. They need to take that loooooong boring trip to get anywhere. I can foresee where the road leads. They need to take quite a few steps before they can realize. Sure, I may not know the finer details of something, but I know the general details. And that's enough for me. If it's important I'll spend time learning about it. If not, I can eject and distance myself from the issue.

Nobody has time to check items one by one from a list. Get a clue! Jump to the essential stuff.

And the fact that they rationalize feelings so much is so damn annoying. Feelings are felt. Not rationalized, not explained to oneself, it's not numbers, but art. How do you rationalize art? Even if there is someone that rationalizes and actually explains how the hex color makeup of a painting influences the release of certain neurotransmitters and that is why we feel happy when we see this picture... ugh... boring. Mind melting boring. Feel it, dammit!
I can relate to everything that you just explained haha

The worst is when they ask you to explain in detail how you reached your conclusion. Like Fxck! Do you want me to explain it in Apple's and Bananas too! INTJs are a nightmare sometimes INTPs are a little more easy going but still come across an immature INTP and you'll see just how annoying they can be sometimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
INFJ's are hot. I don't like the stereotype of them being like pocahontas. I like the way they are mysterious and they are just different. Like you look at one and you're like she is so hot and quiet and like where did she come from. I want to say hi to her and see if maybe we can be like friends or something and get to know her lol this run on sentence is her fault but im just joking its mines uhh well I'm just going to close this like they are like portals to another dimension :spacecraft-1:

·
Registered
61 Posts
There's a cute INTP guy in my area who is gay and single but I'm only 17 and he wants to date 20+ guys.
Shame because INFJ/INTP pairings tend to work out quite well. I admire their honesty and their logical thinking.
Out of the IxTPs I've met though, I do agree that they tend to rationalize their feelings and try to make logical sense of them instead of just experiencing them, which I can find a bit frustrating sometimes, but that's probably just because I'm highly emotional and I always get caught up in my feelings, so maybe I'm just jealous that IxTPs don't really experience that, lol.

(Anyway, my ideal partner would be an ENFP - I get along with them so well and we have a ball. It's so effortless, we just get each other, we're like inside-out versions of each other).

·
Registered
21 Posts
I could definitely see myself with an INFJ. They're the people who get me and understand me. I can talk about my theories and ideas with them and they don't think I'm crazy. They're also very emphatic, which I value a lot. However, my current love interest is an ESTJ. There was this one INFJ girl I liked a lot for back in the day, though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lol I'm an INTP and I think I might have gotten close with a few infj's or so but I kind of like the fact that they are like mysterious and quiet and that they have great abilities to understand things. Like INTP's are known for understanding things into depth so I think it would be a great matchup. Plus INFJ's are feelers with Ti and that sounds like they can understand when we need our private space and also still remain close to an appropriate extent. I also like how INFJ's can blend in and us INTP's stand out like red pants or blue pants :crazy: It seems like it could be fun, I wouldn't mind getting lost with an INFJ.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As an INTP I could look at a pretty girl and be like wow I would so like date you and maybe sleep with you but I wouldn't say anything like that because i know how weird it could be or the potential reactions would just be hilarious but also awkward.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hahaha our Fe is quite the treat, we are just extremely selective in who we share it with. So, from outside of a romantic relationship (and even inside of one, if we aren't mature or don't feel emotionally secure with our partner), we can appear very dry and rather dispassionate, however our partners know the truth.

Our love is very passionate and pure, almost childlike, and it is because of that we know it isn't for everyone. Our emotions are a gift we give only to those who have proven they can appreciate them for the gift that they are.

Immature INTP's are unaware their Fe exists at all.

Remember that the inferior process is the process that defines truth and purpose for the personality type (according to Jung). It's the one that opens us to our greater selves and our subconscious mind. For the INTP, that is love. Love is a tricky thing for us, but in the end it is that feeling of nonsensical, logic-defying love and union that lets us see the dichotomous relationship between emotion and thought. It opens us to our own inner realms of being and it is an extremely personal and intense process.

I think this is why INFJs and INTPs do well together. INTPs love to have that connection with someone, because it is so rare that we can feel comfortable in our heart-space without feeling a need to analyze or criticize it. It seems easier for us to connect with INFJs in that space, and INFJs seem to love that they can bring that out of us. They smile inside when everyone else says "Does he have emotions?", and the INFJ gets to think back to all the special moments we showed them and only them just how deep our emotional ocean can go. They love being that confidant, and we love them for it as well.

Both of us seem to love the underlying communication we can have that no-one else sees. The little look in public that pretty much says "Just you wait until we get home.", which goes totally unnoticed to everyone else. The little smile that follows. The level of physical and emotional communication can be very fulfilling and intense. I often begin to prefer not using words at all with my partners, or very little. My mind is so racy and I tend to be so verbose (can ya tell?) within the rest of my life that I want to save the quiet, soft, intimate moments and not spoil them with meaningless critical conversation; just savor the moment for what it is. Talk is cheap, and my love and emotion certainly isn't, so when I express it, words just never seem to do justice. INFJ's love being the sole person with whom we express that side of ourselves, and we love feeling that a part of ourselves which is so illogical and unfathomable is appreciated, loved, and understood.

That is what INFJ and INTP love is about. Exploring a huge, uncharted internal ocean together. Diving a little deeper every time. We both share the desire to have a partner that 'means' something. A soul-mate.

The thing is, we don't even know how deep our emotional oceans are. I still don't know. It's uncharted waters for us. The depth of emotion I have can stop time, but only when someone is right there with me riding the waves.

Thus far, only an INFJ has done that; and I daresay she will never forget it.

This. This. This. This. This. I am just getting to know an INFJ. Wow......

·
Registered
6 Posts

INTP: I need you to check my essay, esse!

INFJ: Okaaaaay

~18 seconds later~

• INTP: Did you look at my answer for number 4? Did you?
  • INFJ: Not there quite yet.
  • INTP: But did you look at it?
  • INFJ: Ryan! I am working my way through. I'll get there in a little bit. Sheesh.
  • INTP: Buuuuuuut you should really look at number 4....
  • INFJ: RYAN!
  • INTP: It asks about my feelings
  • INFJ: But you don't have feelings.
  • INTP: I know **giddy excitement**. Just, just read it.
  • INFJ: **reads aloud**Number 4--What unexpected emotions did your last clinical experience evoke?
  • "I am actually a Borg, sent from The Collective in order to infiltrate the human species, and ascertain facts regarding their technological sophistication. When they become worthy, they will be assimilated. My current programming does not comprehend your query, as I do not yet have a subroutine for "emotions". I am Borg. You will be assimilated. I am Borg"

*gigglesnort*

Yup. That's me! Ha! I'm enjoying this thread. Thank you for keeping it going!

·
Master
1,886 Posts
That is what INFJ and INTP love is about. Exploring a huge, uncharted internal ocean together. Diving a little deeper every time. We both share the desire to have a partner that 'means' something. A soul-mate.

The thing is, we don't even know how deep our emotional oceans are. I still don't know. It's uncharted waters for us. The depth of emotion I have can stop time, but only when someone is right there with me riding the waves.

Thus far, only an INFJ has done that; and I daresay she will never forget it.
This is such an accurate description of INFJ- INTP romance.

I thought for a long time that I needed an extroverted partner to bring me out into the world but what I really needed was someone share internal worlds with. INTP and INFJ relationships are a Ti-Fe adventure that you explore with different intuition. I'm so happy that I found my INTP Wife @zanah0dia here on PerC. It's the most satisfying relationship that I've ever had and probably will ever have.

I highly recommened INTP and INFJ type pairing, especially if the INFJ is some what Ti focused.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought for a long time that I needed an extroverted partner to bring me out into the world but what I really needed was someone share internal worlds with. INTP and INFJ relationships are a Ti-Fe adventure that you explore with different intuition.
This is what I thought, as well. I was married to an ESTP and there was NO connection. It was exciting, at first. He brought me out into the world, his world; however, I did not fit in. I was so uncomfortable. The outside things I wanted to do, he had no interest in. He felt trapped by me. We couldn't communicate. He did not understand me at all.

I am getting to know an INFJ and it is so different. It is early days, so.....time will tell.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Hey, I created my account here because of @ThePermiePagan's posts in this thread! ;) And I ended up in a relationship with an INTP that I met here. ThePermiePagan changed my life, without even intending to do it. :))

221 - 240 of 256 Posts