Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
My ex boyfriend was ISTP I think. He was very private. it's hard when there are two very private people in a relationship with each other. We didn't communicate or do things. It ended pretty quickly.

Reactions: lavendersnow

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Not been great for me personally. As @lizw47 said, they were extremely private.

As a private person myself, I thought I understood this well but ISTPs seem to be the only type who's reservedness just cannot gel with me. We ended up not being able to ever talk about anything personal because I felt conversations were always one sided. I'd be asked a question, I'd answer, but if I ask the same question back - it gets ignored and the conversation will quickly turn to a new topic.

People have called me secretive because I'm not an open book - the ISTPs in my life have made me understand what it feels like to be on the opposite side of that - conversations with them go nowhere because they aren't very open. I notice when I'm around ISTPs for a long time IRL, I feel quite uncomfortable - they ask a lot of speculative Ti leading questions but aren't very receptive to answering any themselves, so then it feels like I'm being interrogated. And I know, because they've said, that it's because they like me and enjoy talking to me, but I don't see it as an equal conversation.

Yet, somehow I attract a lot of IXTPs, ISTPs in particular. But we soon find we can't really give each other what the other wants. I want a deep mental connection - the ISTPs I've known have been exceptionally guarded and not very respectful of their own emotions, let alone others. The minute any type of emotion or feeling comes into the conversation, they become scatty, unreliable and run away. I think it's mainly down to their inferior Fe. It was hard witnessing them constantly offending and or hurting people's feelings due to unintentional tactlessness - and if you point it, it becomes an essay answer trying to explain why they're pushing certain people away. These are particularly immature people though, I don't think it's necessarily reflective of all ISTPs - but I haven't met one that I've been close to.

I am always intrigued to hear of INFJs who say they have made a connection with the ISTPs they know - but I've only spoken to less than a handful who have been able to say much about an ISTP/INFJ success.

One major issue I have in conversations with them is they like immediately practical talk and I like theorising about anything I find interesting - which they don't tend to appreciate. If it doesn't have an immediately tangible consequence, they don't have the Fe consideration to be willing to talk about things that aren't their expertise. ENTPs do, which is why they're one of my favourite conversation partners - I can talk about anything and everything with them. I feel I'm walking on eggshells when I talk to ISTPs.

The ISTPs I've been around have shown me even more so that I require an extroverted partner in crime - otherwise I feel forced into the extrovert role to keep conversations going when they seek me out. It's strange, they'll hit me up often to talk but then it's me who does all the talking - it just doesn't work.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
ISTP's are pretty much the only type that I just can't 'feel out'. I can just never tell what's going on with them.

·
Registered
433 Posts
What's your personal experience with ISTPs?
It's called "activity" relations, very common pairing of types: Secrets of INFJ Love Types

The biggest hurdle is that the ISTP is too unemotional and sometimes abrasive in a way that seems offensive to the INFJ. They have what's called "cold-blooded" communication style in socionics, which a warm-blooded feelery creature like INFJ finds difficult to handle without having second thoughts. Often INFJs and ISTPs connect through activities and find it fun to go out together, but when they spend more time alone one-on-one with each other the ISTP acts too cold and aloof for INFJ, and too controlling if the relationship progresses deeper. ISTPs are dominant with a rational judging function so they desire more order and predictability in INFJ's life than INFJ will put up with. On the bright side, they manage to accomplish a lot together if they combine their efforts.

There is also a Facebook group dedicated to exploring this relationship type with lots of good discussions: INFJ & ISTP Relationships

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd be asked a question, I'd answer, but if I ask the same question back - it gets ignored and the conversation will quickly turn to a new topic.
Your whole post just summed up my basic struggle with this ISTP I'm friends with. We get along fine but there's not that connection there, like say with an ENFP, which is unfortunate because I want so desperately to peek into their mind. We can have very intense, heated moments of emotions being misunderstood & blown far out of proportion. Other times, we can talk deeply or just laugh together for hours. They have told me they only want to talk about simple (aka practical) things now. Which is a huge disappointment because it disregards my interests entirely in favor of theirs, as opposed to the conversation being equal. They make me feel like they're doing me a solid, as if I want to talk to them just to hear myself. I just don't get it, really, when we first met they claimed to be an intellectual but now they want nothing to do with it. When they make me stir the conversation, they look genuinely intrigued but god forbid I turn the conversation around on them. Their interest is only sparked if I mention something they already know, whereas I'm looking to find new concepts. I feel there's so much potential in them & I want to keep them in my life, I just don't know what to do. As you said, "walking on eggshells".

BTW, it's worth noting that we originally thought they were INTP. I'm not positive if they are ISTP since they think MBTI is too tedious to test. That's fine, just means I have to analyze them more precisely & objectively. I would put money on them being ISTP though & most seem to agree.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Your whole post just summed up my basic struggle with this ISTP I'm friends with. We get along fine but there's not that connection there, like say with an ENFP, which is unfortunate because I want so desperately to peek into their mind. We can have very intense, heated moments of emotions being misunderstood & blown far out of proportion. Other times, we can talk deeply or just laugh together for hours. They have told me they only want to talk about simple (aka practical) things now. Which is a huge disappointment because it disregards my interests entirely in favor of theirs, as opposed to the conversation being equal. They make me feel like they're doing me a solid, as if I want to talk to them just to hear myself. I just don't get it, really, when we first met they claimed to be an intellectual but now they want nothing to do with it. When they make me stir the conversation, they look genuinely intrigued but god forbid I turn the conversation around on them. Their interest is only sparked if I mention something they already know, whereas I'm looking to find new concepts. I feel there's so much potential in them & I want to keep them in my life, I just don't know what to do. As you said, "walking on eggshells".

BTW, it's worth noting that we originally thought they were INTP. I'm not positive if they are ISTP since they think MBTI is too tedious to test. That's fine, just means I have to analyze them more precisely & objectively. I would put money on them being ISTP though & most seem to agree.
I can't do it. I just can't find any common ground with them, of all types I've come into contact with. Even ESTJs, who aren't my favourite, I can get along with in the work place but ISTPs are just on another level of dissatisfying to me. Everything has to be on their terms, their lack of Fe won't allow them to consider what might work for you also.

'Walking on eggshells' is always the way I've found perfect describe my interactions with ISTPs. They lack Fe so they have no problem running out on you without any sort of warning once the conversation approaches a topic they don't care for. It's all their way or nothing. I find most of the issues I have with ISTPs are replicated in INTPs but to a far lesser degree. I can stand to converse with INTPs even if they're not my favourite conversation partners - they have highly theoretical and conceptual minds, I appreciate that. They want to talk about ideas, I'm all about ideas. ISTPs don't care about that. They want activities, and if you aren't entertaining them with activities, they'll bounce.

It seems to be a pattern I see in other INFJs also. We can get along with INTPs despite their inferior Fe because of the intuition we have in common - we both crave theoretical knowledge. ISTPs are very no-nonsense, pragmatism driven people who I never see entertaining anything that doesn't immediately interest them.

Like you mentioned, I too have had ISTPs in my life clearly outline how the relationship is going to go down from the outset - as if they're doing me a favour. As if we're marking out a contract - it feels unnatural and it's all things they want, not considering what I might want. They do seem to feel like they're being nice by letting you talk about yourself. But as an INFJ, I'm a reserved person, I don't want to talk about myself all day long. I want a give and take, but they don't give anything and they're not very consistent or reliable either. I've known them to drop off the face of the earth for months not bothering to ask how I am, then for days straight bombard me with texts and calls because now they want me to entertain them.

Everything is on their terms as you explained.

As @Sylas mentioned and other INFJs have in the past, ISTPs make for 'activity' partners. They feel at their most connected to people when they're physically doing things with them - chatting isn't enough for them and that sucks for me. I'm not a hugely active person but if my friend is valuable enough to me, I'll try anything at least once if they show enough interest - I want them to be happy and return the favour since they make me happy. ISTPs aren't like that, they're more similar to ESTPs who want to know that you can entertain them - if you can't, they have no issue finding someone else to fulfil that role. That deep connection isn't necessary to them and it just makes the relationship feel so shallow, superficial and empty to me. It's not something INFJs appreciate - being told the emotional or personal side of the relationship has to wait until they are ready - which in my experience, is never.

The only INFJs I've spoken to who have had any luck getting along with them have only said it works because they're doing everything the ISTP wants - I can't and won't do that. That's not fair nor fun. When I first made a thread about types INFJs get along with the most and least, I was interested to see if anyone had similar experiences to me - and by far, ISTPs had the most complaints. Now it's not at all shocking for me to hear that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been friends with an ISTP since we were 13, we're early 20's now and have grown apart, but still keep in contact because we have a commitment to each others - outcome in life- is how I feel about it. We shared our pain, humor, inner fantasy worlds, far fetched hopes for our future, stuff like that. They could confide in me, because I didn't judge them, or try to tell them what to do. We had a friend who would overstep her boundaries, and one day was too much and out they went. Though, ISTP was more forgiving than me, I think it's inf fe?, they can be passive with committing to judgement's.

There are parts of this person I find frustrating, but I calm myself, because that's what friendship is- you can't meet every need, and it's shitty to demand that of people and would ruin things. I wish I did hear more from them now, but I've accepted what is. On the occasion we get to see each other again in person, conversation flows as it always did.

Inf Fe with ISTPs commonly shouldn't be a problem, because they usually don't start drama, wanting to be left alone/not bother with people they don't care for. It's just unfortunate for those who haven't met ISTP's they're compatible with

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only INFJs I've spoken to who have had any luck getting along with them have only said it works because they're doing everything the ISTP wants - I can't and won't do that. That's not fair nor fun. When I first made a thread about types INFJs get along with the most and least, I was interested to see if anyone had similar experiences to me - and by far, ISTPs had the most complaints. Now it's not at all shocking for me to hear that.
I really appreciate your insight, I will keep it in mind so I don't get so let down in the future. I'm going to try my hand in going along with what makes them happy, to test the waters on if it will exhaust me or not. This person is pretty valuable to me, even if the people around me don't understand why. I have seen smalls pieces of them opening up that not even people closest to them are aware exists. I figure, if they mean enough to me it might not be as draining, seeing them happy is enough to satisfy me. I also keep in mind that they are incredibly shy with a slight case of social anxiety, so it's usually for the best that I take over. Maybe I can find a middle ground with memes? LOL

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's called "activity" relations, very common pairing of types: Secrets of INFJ Love Types

The biggest hurdle is that the ISTP is too unemotional and sometimes abrasive in a way that seems offensive to the INFJ. They have what's called "cold-blooded" communication style in socionics, which a warm-blooded feelery creature like INFJ finds difficult to handle without having second thoughts. Often INFJs and ISTPs connect through activities and find it fun to go out together, but when they spend more time alone one-on-one with each other the ISTP acts too cold and aloof for INFJ, and too controlling if the relationship progresses deeper. ISTPs are dominant with a rational judging function so they desire more order and predictability in INFJ's life than INFJ will put up with. On the bright side, they manage to accomplish a lot together if they combine their efforts.

There is also a Facebook group dedicated to exploring this relationship type with lots of good discussions: INFJ & ISTP Relationships
My main problem is trying to lure the ISTP out of his home to do activities, actually! I am well aware of his extreme introverted nature, so I try my hardest not to be pushy. Do onto others, ya know? It's just difficult to correlate that aspect of what everyone is saying with my situation in specific. I imagine if we went out in public I would appear quite over the top & goofy, his best friend is an ENFP so he seems to enjoy that about people.

I have seen first-hand proof of that last part, we worked together for a little while & we made a pretty good team. He put up with my silliness, I wasn't always so headstrong about my job as it was very mentally draining. He would steer me in the right direction & offer help if I couldn't handle something. I consoled him when our managers were being unnecessarily harsh. Our mentalities meshed well, I loosened him up & he set me straight. He was almost parental at times, I would often jokingly say "You're not my dad!". Glad his viability was always apparent to me, one less surprise!

I'm just trying to wrap my head around this stern box he puts himself in. My boyfriend (ENFP) calls him a Stepford Wife. Ah, I can't judge though as I'm sure the way I live my life can be equally frustrating to grasp. My attempt here is to only find some middle ground to strive towards more harmonious times, he is quite a lovely friend & his body language appears accepting of my angsty turmoil-- LOL. I'll take what I can get, I suppose. :p

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I really appreciate your insight, I will keep it in mind so I don't get so let down in the future. I'm going to try my hand in going along with what makes them happy, to test the waters on if it will exhaust me or not. This person is pretty valuable to me, even if the people around me don't understand why. I have seen smalls pieces of them opening up that not even people closest to them are aware exists. I figure, if they mean enough to me it might not be as draining, seeing them happy is enough to satisfy me. I also keep in mind that they are incredibly shy with a slight case of social anxiety, so it's usually for the best that I take over. Maybe I can find a middle ground with memes? LOL
Memes are life lol

I totally don't blame you for trying. I'm always open to having my mind changed - I like it in fact. It's no fun to feel like you always have people figured out - I want to be shown that a person can be a unique addition to my life, with views and ideas that I can't conjure up all on my own. I would welcome new people into my life of types I'm not generally attracted to if they felt different, maybe when we're both more mature - maybe then the ISTP/INFJ thing could work on an acquaintance/colleague level. Otherwise, I'm just going to steer clear for now if I see the same negative traits appearing again. But I won't shun 'difference'.

Good luck :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Memes are life lol

I totally don't blame you for trying. I'm always open to having my mind changed - I like it in fact. It's no fun to feel like you always have people figured out - I want to be shown that a person can be a unique addition to my life, with views and ideas that I can't conjure up all on my own. I would welcome new people into my life of types I'm not generally attracted to if they felt different, maybe when we're both more mature - maybe then the ISTP/INFJ thing could work on an acquaintance/colleague level. Otherwise, I'm just going to steer clear for now if I see the same negative traits appearing again. But I won't shun 'difference'.

Good luck :D
I spoke with him last night, keeping in mind that I can easily make him feel cornered. Although it took an awful lot of patience & I had to simplify a lot of the things I was saying, it was received well on his part. The last time we spoke we left on negative terms, I admit I went into the conversation very agitated, impatient & on edge. What I think I realize now with ISTP types, searching for deeper meanings will only lead to trouble, considering they are surface level people. I'm overjoyed that the conversation went well this time but I am heartbroken as he finally opened up in a way I've never seen. I believe he's depressed, or having some sort of internal conflict. He said it was difficult to explain, I'm just happy he didn't avoid his emotions. INFJ kicked in real hard & I wanted to cry seeing his frustration & confusion in his eyes. He's opened up before, but not like this. I tried my best to give him a pep talk, now 24 hours later & I'm still thinking about it. I'm worried about my friend but this could possibly be a breakthrough? I suppose my question is, have you ever experienced an ISTP with depression? I'll probably head over to the ISTP forum & see what advice than can give me there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I feel like INFJ/ISTP can get along with each other very easily. Whenever I'm near an ISTP I feel a strangely strong bond with them. I think it's because our functions are similar. But yes like other explorers they're not really keen about talking about things, they like to do physical activities.

I can also never get angry at an ISTP for some reason.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been friends with an ISTP since we were 13, we're early 20's now and have grown apart, but still keep in contact because we have a commitment to each others - outcome in life- is how I feel about it. We shared our pain, humor, inner fantasy worlds, far fetched hopes for our future, stuff like that. They could confide in me, because I didn't judge them, or try to tell them what to do. We had a friend who would overstep her boundaries, and one day was too much and out they went. Though, ISTP was more forgiving than me, I think it's inf fe?, they can be passive with committing to judgement's.

There are parts of this person I find frustrating, but I calm myself, because that's what friendship is- you can't meet every need, and it's shitty to demand that of people and would ruin things. I wish I did hear more from them now, but I've accepted what is. On the occasion we get to see each other again in person, conversation flows as it always did.

Inf Fe with ISTPs commonly shouldn't be a problem, because they usually don't start drama, wanting to be left alone/not bother with people they don't care for. It's just unfortunate for those who haven't met ISTP's they're compatible with
My ISTP friend & I get on pretty well, there's no boundaries like there is with so many people. As you said, there are bound to be differences regardless of type. You have to decide if those differences are major enough to consider the friendship incompatiable. He's important enough to me to look past any differences & try to see through his world. I hope you & your friend can rekindle a friendship mirrored of the past.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I spoke with him last night, keeping in mind that I can easily make him feel cornered. Although it took an awful lot of patience & I had to simplify a lot of the things I was saying, it was received well on his part. The last time we spoke we left on negative terms, I admit I went into the conversation very agitated, impatient & on edge. What I think I realize now with ISTP types, searching for deeper meanings will only lead to trouble, considering they are surface level people. I'm overjoyed that the conversation went well this time but I am heartbroken as he finally opened up in a way I've never seen. I believe he's depressed, or having some sort of internal conflict. He said it was difficult to explain, I'm just happy he didn't avoid his emotions. INFJ kicked in real hard & I wanted to cry seeing his frustration & confusion in his eyes. He's opened up before, but not like this. I tried my best to give him a pep talk, now 24 hours later & I'm still thinking about it. I'm worried about my friend but this could possibly be a breakthrough? I suppose my question is, have you ever experienced an ISTP with depression? I'll probably head over to the ISTP forum & see what advice than can give me there.
That's great news!

:shocked: I'm really happy something has come out of this for you.

I think I have seen one ISTP in particular showing signs of depression which aggravated some of his already not so nice traits. He's been particularly volatile towards me.

A pattern I have personally seen in ISTPs and INTPs in my life is that many of them will eventually open up to me, but like a clam out of water. They'll expose their vulnerability for a second and then it is as though the potential consequence of being open with me or anyone else becomes too great for them, it flashes before their eyes like an Ni snapshot of a doomed result of their willingness to share - and they suddenly clam up, so to speak. And the conversation drops off as though they never steered it that way in the first place. Any further attempts to show them you can be trusted are thwarted because they only reply to questions or statements about completely unrelated topics.

The one ISTP I mentioned above was slightly different, he has opened up to me but he's quite aggressive in doing so. One thing he opened up about, probably the most dear to him was that he was done with one-night stands and wanted to settle down. I was admittedly shocked, which is very very rare for me. Up until this point, he only ever broadcasted how great unattached relationships were because he was better than a monogamous relationship, refused to be tied down and didn't need anybody in his life. As he's approaching 30 now, I think he's getting lonely and his behaviour has started to change, just a little bit - he seems to be suddenly reflecting on the lack of effort he's made with women in particular.

He said the former to me, and when I replied, he systematically shut down and couldn't bare to go any further. My questions were simple and I don't think very invasive, since he brought it up. I asked 'Why the change in heart?' pretty much. His demeanour and way of talking shifted like he'd revealed too much and felt too exposed to give reasons that could have been: loneliness, the desire to be in love, wanting kids, wanting to have stability for once etc. And since he has pretty obsessively tried to get me to sleep with him before this heart-to-heart ever came about, I think he was a little embarrassed since he'd sworn, from the day we met, that monogamy was for losers.

A lot in his demeanour has changed - he seemed to be regretting a lot of life choice and this was his shield for feeling exposed. The conversation eventually changed, he denied that he meant what he said (about wanting to settle down) - called the idea stupid, me stupid for liking the idea of monogamy (which I'd said previously, not in this conversation) - went on a tangent about how he didn't need anybody and left. I was never the type to ask him deeply personal questions, I don't even know if he has brothers or sisters or where he was born to this day - because I know he views that as information that could potentially hurt him. But his reaction was pretty accusatory and childish. He is extremely guarded.

In hindsight, I think it's obvious he's depressed. He has problems connecting to people for a number of reasons. He's an arrogant smart-ass for one and will find any reason in a conversation to show that he is 'better' or 'superior' to you and two, he fears being in love or being loved or even just liked because he doesn't know what to do with it. His social skills are pretty terrible and I think this is why he's relied on sex for a connection and nothing else. He doesn't have any friends that I know of, either.

His Fe is the weakest of all ISTPs I've ever met. And as you said, it took me so long to accept that ISTPs are very surface level individuals - trying to read really deeply into their behaviour isn't (most of the time) going to do you any favours. They aren't schemers (that I know of) and don't often plan what they say or do before saying or doing it. They just do it because it felt right in the moment. They are very in the moment people which is naturally foreign to INFJs since we are very future orientated and lack Se. We want to consider consequence and effect.

It's a bit frustrating because I find ISTPs so adverse to emotional or even just personal topics that I can't really get anything out of the ISTP forum when I go there but I hope you achieve something there that I couldn't. Mostly I see people bringing emotional topics to ISTPs like 'How would you react if...' and they'll talk about how the question was stupid, doesn't apply to them and fundamentally, they just won't answer it.

There words can appear cryptic, but that's because INFJs are symbol driven and care about what words translate to - ISTPs rarely seem to say anything other than exactly what they mean. Which is a blessing in a way - who doesn't love clarity? But to INFJs, it can be a bit difficult to gel with.

In particular, I found this particular ISTP's depression affected both his already weak Fe and his weak Ni. The conclusions he comes to about what people think of him when he's in his depressed state screams paranoia - he has nothing to back up his gut feelings, but they're incredibly strong to him. And as someone as practical as ISTPs tend to be - valuing data before anything else, even he hates this part of himself. But it also translates to how he'd see me for example - he doesn't value Ni in me because he doesn't value it in himself. Unless you can point to a concrete object that is right in front of him, he will question the validity of everything you say - his views are always better, to him. If you say something, it is as though he becomes the unhealthy version of an Ni-dom and he believes he can see the deeper meaning behind everything you say - even when you're trying to be 'surface level' with him and say exactly what you mean. No metaphors, no symbols.

It's like having someone ask you to paint a picture, you paint it all in red and he tells you, "No, what you were going for is to convey what 'blueness' feels like. I know that was your intention, I'm correct." - but the picture is in fact... just red. There's nothing else to it. That's where the walking on eggshells only continues - everything is under their highly volatile Ti-Ni microscope and their poor Fe won't communicate it in a conversational way - it can appear like an attack. But maybe my example is more extreme that what you were thinking of - I'm not sure. I hope it helps, in some small way.

These are some of the traits I see in depressed ISTPs: they can bee volatile, perhaps very macho at times, have extreme avoidance of emotional subjects and they come to deeply held, very wrong conclusions that can't be shaken.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Never really got along with them. There have been few common interests but definitely a cognitive connection. Both value smarts but live entirely different lives.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
In particular, I found this particular ISTP's depression affected both his already weak Fe and his weak Ni. The conclusions he comes to about what people think of him when he's in his depressed state screams paranoia - he has nothing to back up his gut feelings, but they're incredibly strong to him. And as someone as practical as ISTPs tend to be - valuing data before anything else, even he hates this part of himself. But it also translates to how he'd see me for example - he doesn't value Ni in me because he doesn't value it in himself. Unless you can point to a concrete object that is right in front of him, he will question the validity of everything you say - his views are always better, to him. If you say something, it is as though he becomes the unhealthy version of an Ni-dom and he believes he can see the deeper meaning behind everything you say - even when you're trying to be 'surface level' with him and say exactly what you mean. No metaphors, no symbols.

It's like having someone ask you to paint a picture, you paint it all in red and he tells you, "No, what you were going for is to convey what 'blueness' feels like. I know that was your intention, I'm correct." - but the picture is in fact... just red. There's nothing else to it. That's where the walking on eggshells only continues - everything is under their highly volatile Ti-Ni microscope and their poor Fe won't communicate it in a conversational way - it can appear like an attack. But maybe my example is more extreme that what you were thinking of - I'm not sure. I hope it helps, in some small way.
This part right here, couldn't be truer. That is the major flaw of the ISTP I know, now that you say it he does come off a bit neurotic at times. I possibly don't notice as I'm considerably paranoid myself. He doesn't seem nearly as turbulent as the ISTP you know, though, I wouldn't even fret with someone like that.

Our specific situation has levels of certain circumstances I don't feel appropriate to be posting about publicly. It can get pretty intricate & personal, but I have a feeling everything might be OK now. Let's hope the script doesn't flip like it did with your ISTP, I would give up at that point. As for the ISTP forum, I received useful answers & reassurance. Although, I was pretty timid to be in uncharted territory.
:tongue:

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
This part right here, couldn't be truer. That is the major flaw of the ISTP I know, now that you say it he does come off a bit neurotic at times. I possibly don't notice as I'm considerably paranoid myself. He doesn't seem nearly as turbulent as the ISTP you know, though, I wouldn't even fret with someone like that.

Our specific situation has levels of certain circumstances I don't feel appropriate to be posting about publicly. It can get pretty intricate & personal, but I have a feeling everything might be OK now. Let's hope the script doesn't flip like it did with your ISTP, I would give up at that point. As for the ISTP forum, I received useful answers & reassurance. Although, I was pretty timid to be in uncharted territory.
:tongue:
That's very good and I'm glad you've had a great deal of more luck than I have :kitteh: Thumbs up for the future of your relationship. I hope it all goes well.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I feel like INFJ/ISTP can get along with each other very easily. Whenever I'm near an ISTP I feel a strangely strong bond with them. I think it's because our functions are similar. But yes like other explorers they're not really keen about talking about things, they like to do physical activities.

I can also never get angry at an ISTP for some reason.
xNFJs and xSTPs are natural matches for each other and tend to click together. If you take a look at their cognitive functions, they have exactly same ones in different order. In socionics these 4 types are part of what's called "Beta" quadrant.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts