Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey INFJs, what are you life goals?

Like what kind of life do you imagine yourself living or working towards?
Eg. Do you want to travel everywhere? Will that be your job? Do you want to settle? Do you want to be more independent? Will you have a family? Dream home? You want to live in a hobbit hole? Career? Significant other? Etc Etc...

Paint me a picture of what you want out of life. :penguin:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Live the life my soul intended, always admit and understand that no matter what i claim to know and understand i actually don't know shit, the more information, facts, knowledge, experiences the better, to never grow roots and always assume there is something else out there that i have never seen, thought of or figured out. To take care of those who can't take care of themselves, to treat animals with .he same kindness and respect i give all humans and to help raise the consciousness of all living beings.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Realistically speaking? I used to expect and want quite a lot from life, and when most of it was denied it only produced all sorts of pain and disappointment. I've come to the point in my life when I realized that most of the dreams I had and goals I used to strive for are either unattainable due to many circumstances, or I never really wanted/needed them that much to begin with. Literally the only thing I really want is not to walk through life by myself, a special person who'll be able to understand me fully (and endure my negative aspects). If anything else shows up along the way it's just a bonus.

Obviously, I don't exactly have a life goal, except to make life as least painful as possible for myself and those close to me. I'd also mention "getting to know myself better" but that's not really a goal per se, it's my default mode.

Oh, and I always wanted to write a novel, that's one of the few wishes I still have. I don't know what it would be about though :biggrin:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Life goals:

- Write a few more books and have them published
- Become a well known motivational speaker
- Travel world
- TED talk
- Start a scholarship fund
- Run another non-profit organization
-etc.

Reactions: coma

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wonderful replies. Yeah, feel free to say anything that really comes to mind. There's no format to this. You can tell in details or write that long list if you want. I ask this question because I'm interested what ideas are going to come up and also it helps with comparing with other INFJs I know irl.

Obviously, I don't exactly have a life goal, except to make life as least painful as possible for myself and those close to me. I'd also mention "getting to know myself better" but that's not really a goal per se, it's my default mode.

Oh, and I always wanted to write a novel, that's one of the few wishes I still have. I don't know what it would be about though :biggrin:
Life is about taking risks, learning, and being able to bounce back from it. It's a very humble beginning like what @54-46 ThatsMyNumber conveys in his post. I think it's well worth the while to write up a novel. Buy yourself a nice journal or pen even. I find that that makes the whole process feel more special. We need to get you brainstorming. You don't have to write it all in one go, you can write bits and pieces, here and there or take ideas you see going down on the forums of PerC. Then maybe decide how you might want to put it all together when you have enough material. What I'm trying to say is it's important to at least start it and see how you feel about it. Look at @lizw47 , she's already written books.

@lizw47 what is the etc.? Does it go on? Mind expanding if it does?

9,999 Posts
Have a durian a day.

Reactions: Hiraeth
9,999 Posts
Are you the OP of this thread, 6 years later... you realized your hunger for Durian was too great.
I probably ended up having somewhere between 100 and 150 durians in 2016, so 365 per year seems like a reasonable goal. My cat loves durian, too, so I need to keep 'em coming in.

Reactions: coma

·
Registered
383 Posts
Life is about taking risks, learning, and being able to bounce back from it. It's a very humble beginning like what @54-46 ThatsMyNumber conveys in his post.
I started out as very ambitious when I was younger, the usual I want it all attitude, but I failed due to circumstances I couldn't affect or my own shortcomings so I decided to take it down a notch and told myself - OK, you failed at reaching these lofty goals, let's see what you can do with what you've got at your disposal. It's mostly baby steps, little things but there's a lot of them, and I'm content with them as they are. One thing's for sure - I'm not as anxious or depressed as I used to be because I'm actually making progress. Happiness in small things.

I think it's well worth the while to write up a novel. Buy yourself a nice journal or pen even. I find that that makes the whole process feel more special. We need to get you brainstorming. You don't have to write it all in one go, you can write bits and pieces, here and there or take ideas you see going down on the forums of PerC. Then maybe decide how you might want to put it all together when you have enough material. What I'm trying to say is it's important to at least start it and see how you feel about it. Look at @lizw47 , she's already written books.
I've already written a few short stories and I enjoyed writing those, but out of 50+ people who read them, only one understood what I was trying to say :ssad:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've already written a few short stories and I enjoyed writing those, but out of 50+ people who read them, only one understood what I was trying to say :ssad:
Are you writing to have others relate to you? Or would you need other's approval of it?

I write poetry on and off. I know some poems others won't like but I like them the way they are because they mean something to me and they sound good to me. But maybe you might not take this perspective?

I don't know what you write, never seen your stuff but if anything, it's worth mentioning that I don't know a lot of people who aren't into Allen Ginsberg. His stuff is so wild, I love it, however I know a lot of people will probably hate it or not at all understand what he's portraying. Anyway, you can always post some samples in one of the sticky threads if you ever feel up to it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Are you writing to have others relate to you? Or would you need other's approval of it?

I write poetry on and off. I know some poems others won't like but I like them the way they are because they mean something to me and they sound good to me. But maybe you might not take this perspective?
Writing is a cathartic experience for me as a writer, of course, but what's the point of art if nobody else can enjoy it? For instance, when I compose music people always find so many different things in it, but when I write prose... they don't see anything in it at all.

I don't know what you write, never seen your stuff but if anything, it's worth mentioning that I don't know a lot of people who aren't into Allen Ginsberg. His stuff is so wild, I love it, however I know a lot of people will probably hate it or not at all understand what he's portraying. Anyway, you can always post some samples in one of the sticky threads if you ever feel up to it.
I've shared some of my poetry in one of those, but there's no thread for prose. Here's an example.

·
Registered
207 Posts
things I want to accomplish in life:
-feel more confident in myself and my abilities
-start a youtube channel (i love music, probably interested in starting cover videos)
-i want to be an engineer (environmental, specifically)
-meet a romantic partner who I really feel connected to (would we have kids though?? not sure)
-maybe teach a class on MBTI someday
-travel a lot, i want to see the world!!!

Reactions: INForJoking
1 - 12 of 12 Posts