Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if any other INFJs feel really connected with nature?
I haven't found any posts about it and am quite surprised because it is one of the things that I feel really distinguishes me from other people.

My whole life I have always loved and valued nature

I am also prone to being quite judgemental of those people who are preoccupied with material things such as cars and clothes and makeup.

I feel it is due to the fact that I have always thought truth is the most important thing in life, and I have always felt I am quite good at perceiving it. Nature to me is the only thing I can say is TRUE so I feel a really strong value and love for it- and consequently hate pollution, be it through car/ factory pollution or just all the crap material stuff we keep buying and don't even need!!

I hope another INFJ can relate to what I am saying and I don't just sound strange =P !!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nature is my life. :)
As are animals.
They're all just so innocent and pure and like you said, true.
I'm vegetarian.
Life is good sometimes....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey catherinemules!
I can completely relate to what you are saying! Nature is definitely something that I feel such a strong connection to, and it helps when the people-world doesn't seem as accepting...I love walking barefoot or lying down in the grass. Being in nature can really help one connect with iNtuition as well:wink:

·
Super Moderator
11,743 Posts
Hi,

I haven't found any posts about it and am quite surprised because it is one of the things that I feel really distinguishes me from other people.

I am also prone to being quite judgemental of those people who are preoccupied with material things such as cars and clothes and makeup.

I feel it is due to the fact that I have always thought truth is the most important thing in life, and I have always felt I am quite good at perceiving it. Nature to me is the only thing I can say is TRUE so I feel a really strong value and love for it- and consequently hate pollution, be it through car/ factory pollution or just all the crap material stuff we keep buying and don't even need!!

I hope another INFJ can relate to what I am saying and I don't just sound strange =P !!!
No, hun, you don't sound strange at all!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hi,

I feel very much the same way that you do, and I'm so glad you brought this up. I hadn't seen anyone else start a thread specifically about this. But if you check out the thread on what makes you happy, you'll find that the majority of us are very much affected by the beauty of nature. Sometimes I feel it is the only way to balance myself - to be someplace wild and beautiful, or be in my garden.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nature lover here! I had an opportunity to work in NYC but couldn't see myself living there. Central Park is nice but I don't want to have to travel to see grass & trees.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Couldn't live without the long silences, the beauty of the trees, wildflowers all summer long, the foxes that live in my neighborhood (I could live without the skunks). Bears, birds, etc. Having the breeze blowing through my hair while I admire the deep blue sky. Did I mention the quality of the silence in nature? Beautiful and full of imminence: anything wonderful could happen! (I live in the Rky Mtns of Colo. Notice my avatar? I see that every day. Well, the clouds aren't always there.)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can relate to this too. Feeling the wind or the rain on your skin, hearing the leaves in the wind, staring at the clouds, walking in the forest are pure and intense moments of peace for me. And yeah, that silence... :)
I mostly enjoy spring and autumn, when nature is changing, it's so beautiful.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I just wanted to elaborate on this a little because I've been thinking about it a lot since it was posted.

I don't know if others feel this, but I feel deeply connected to the planet somehow. When an environmental disaster occurs, like the oil spill in the Gulf, I am deeply affected. I weep for all the people who are made ill, all the creatures who will suffer and die, the ruination of an entire ecosystem. I hurts me deeply. I know a lot of people can't understand this, some even ridicule it, but it's very real for me. The ruination of our planet kills me inside. I'm constantly aware that we are only an extention of the Earth. We are the Earth. If the Earth is sick, then we are. It is not possible to escape this. Why cannot people see that there is no way to separate ourselves from nature without causing grievous harm?

My mom says I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders. I believe she is right.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I grew up in the mountains and spent part of my childhood on a farm. It was a big part of my life and I have always enjoyed the wild. Hiking, climbing, camping. Some of the best times. I'm not political about it - it wasn't something I ever had to have some epiphany about. It was just always there from the beginning.

Romans says that God is revealed in his creation but men do not see because their hearts are darkened. It seems plain to me that to understand the divine, the thing to do would be to go into the woods and lighten your heart. It may sound sappy but I believe it is just that simple.

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just wanted to elaborate on this a little because I've been thinking about it a lot since it was posted.

I don't know if others feel this, but I feel deeply connected to the planet somehow. When an environmental disaster occurs, like the oil spill in the Gulf, I am deeply affected. I weep for all the people who are made ill, all the creatures who will suffer and die, the ruination of an entire ecosystem. I hurts me deeply. I know a lot of people can't understand this, some even ridicule it, but it's very real for me. The ruination of our planet kills me inside. I'm constantly aware that we are only an extention of the Earth. We are the Earth. If the Earth is sick, then we are. It is not possible to escape this. Why cannot people see that there is no way to separate ourselves from nature without causing grievous harm?

My mom says I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders. I believe she is right.
I feel this way too. I often just cannot understand how other people don't feel part of nature like I do... But if I talk about it to many people they usually tell me to "Just lighten up" or "Don't worry about it", but it is a constant struggle because I love the earth so much

·
Registered
85 Posts
Although I was born and raised a city girl, I find great joy being in nature. Working in my garden is a sanctuary from this face-paced world. There are a lot of lakes and forests less than an hour from our home...my husband and I enjoy spending time hiking paths, watching cranes and swans, or fishing. What I love the most is to sit still and listen for the rustle of leaves, waiting for a small inquisitive visitor to approach me. "Nature is a temple, ready and waiting for worship."

Reactions: Dalien

·
Registered
473 Posts
Romans says that God is revealed in his creation but men do not see because their hearts are darkened. It seems plain to me that to understand the divine, the thing to do would be to go into the woods and lighten your heart. It may sound sappy but I believe it is just that simple.
True. That's how I feel about it too.

Reactions: Windblownhair

·
Super Moderator
11,743 Posts
I completely connect with nature. I tend to bring the outside in.

·
Registered
802 Posts
For me, the best way to start my day is by taking a long walk outside. My friends always want me to hit the gym with them, and I've tried to explain to them that I enjoy being outside as much as I enjoy the exercise, but they just don't relate. I love seeing the seasons change, and even when the weather isn't prime, I love my time outdoors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is it weird that I'm very indoorsy yet connected to nature? I suppose you could say that I love being in nature, and I love animals and everything, yet I don't much like outdoor activities, like sports or such. :bored:

·
Registered
440 Posts
i live in the most crowded part of seoul which i am so so so gutted about
i want to move to either greenland or iceland it is the biggest mission of my lifetime
and i like lake parks
going to lakes or ponds or river or the ocean
i love hills that don't have too much trees but occasionally have some
look at the birds
look at the colours of the grass, leaves, flowers, sunset, lotus, lillys, auroras, reflections, water and so on
nature, in the right place, truly soothes me inspires, excites, relaxes, and nourishes me

so i guess i appreciate nature too

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is it weird that I'm very indoorsy yet connected to nature? I suppose you could say that I love being in nature, and I love animals and everything, yet I don't much like outdoor activities, like sports or such. :bored:
That's exactly the same as me...but I don't enjoy sports and other outdoor physical activites (other than perhaps hiking or walking but only if it is somewhere where there is lots of nature to appreciate). Mostly I just love to sit and appreciate nature and feel it's spirit.

Reactions: Anima XI
1 - 20 of 31 Posts