Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I was just wondering if the INFJ or similiar personality types have similar taste in music and movies:

Here is some stuff I like.. I tend to enjoy music with a lot of instruments... I probably prefer electronic but I love the electric guitar and drum&bass... I think I tend to love any kind of music that is seemingly complex and with many melodies/musical layers.. progressive electronic/rock are prob my fav:) However, any top 40 stuff is also great if you are hammered and dancing.. but that's just a guilty pleasure for me

Music: Iron and Wine, Goldfrapp, The Postal Service, The Knife, Hooverphonic, Emailiana Torrini, Portishead, Sia, Blonde Redhead, Squarepusher, Royksopp, Mum, Vincent Gallo, The Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Kanye West, Dungen, Dream Theatre, Magneta Lane, Mogwai, Lamb, Delerium, Leonard Cohen, The Dears, Bloc Party,The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Pink Floyd, Fever Ray, Lady Gaga...

As for movies.. I enjoy long (trilogies are the best), seemingly boring movies that are very subtle and that you can watch multiple times because its layered like that... movies that focus on the characters and their interactions with reality..

Movies: Contact, Lost in Translation, Fight Club, Requiem for a Dream, Punch Drunk Love, The Machinist, L.I.E., Sideways, Baraka, Xiu Xiu: The sentdown girl, Croupier, Lolita, Trainspotting, Rounders, Pulp Fiction, Donnie Darko, American Psycho, Fear of Loathing in Las Vegas, Garden State, The Pianist, Waking Life, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind, In the Bedroom, Spring summer fall winer, Inglorious **stards , anything by Michel Gondry, The Last Life in the Universe

·
Registered
23 Posts
Unfortunately I went over both your list and our interests are almost polar opposites. I guess I like music with an edge. Its kind of hard to describe.

Here's what I like: Three Days Grace, There for Tomorrow, Sick Puppies, Slipknot, Skillet, Rise Against, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Fall Out Boy, Bullet for my Valentine, 30 seconds to Mars, Paramore, Killswitch Engage

HATE RAP AND COUNTRY...sorry

As for movies, I saw a few that were alright, but none of my favs. I love war movies, sci-fi, or just documentaries about history or an important issue usually political in nature.

Here are some: Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, The Patriot, Apocalypse Now, Behind Enemy Lines, The Red Baron, Inconvenient Truth, Sicko, Future of Food, Wal-mart: The High Price of Low Cost, The Ground Truth, Enemy at the Gates, Shindler's List, The Goebbels Experiment, Letters to Iwo Jima, STAR WARS, The aviator, Charlie Wilson's War, Gods and Generals, many others

Hate Twilight!!!!! :angry:

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's sort of rare for me to find true enchantment in external entertainment... /it is hard to impress me/. u.u
I seem to like to made up my own things, or find the few things that match my internal image.
For entertainment, I like Ef ~ A Tale of Memories, Serial Experiments Lain, and Eraserhead. I also like to explore through images, quotes, and ideas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts