Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I notice a love of sci-fi, and goofy humor here.
Perhaps.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm a nerd I admit, but can't say I like Sci-Fi :wink:.

·
Registered
298 Posts
definitely the nerds of the NF community. i feel equally related to NTs as i do NFs... and everyone knows those guys are NERDS.

:crazy:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yep, another nerd here. In fact, I'm so nerdy I'm almost INTJ! :laughing: I like sci fi, pop science, computers, and lots of other generally nerdy things. Proud of it too!:proud:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
yes..
i'm not really into sci-fi though, or even fantasy or even technology
but i am a fanatic for specific things <_<

i've never actually been welcomed into nerd circles but i am a geek :crazy: probably a mutation.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yes, Sci fi nerd, reporting in.
I'm pretty sure Sci i is about the nerdiest pastime of INFJ, as its imaginitive and usually has a moral to the story, and has heroics, and edge of seat saving the world kinda stuff going on.
I very much doubt you'll find many NF's into 'hardcore' nerd territory, as it doesnt really speak to NF idealism.
G. x

·
Registered
644 Posts
I love scifi and fantasy, and have done ever since I was a kid.

Though I think my tastes in most things are pretty eclectic. What I find apealing about scfi and fantasy is that people over come imposible odds, and it involves a lot of imagination...it provides interesting thought experiments and moral issues, to give my brain a work out.

If those come up in other genres I will enjoy them too, but this is primarily where I find this.

I'm not into the more hard core Nerdy stuff though: Dungons and Dragons, the 80 fantasy with women in brest plates, anything related to WarHammer.

I am into more moderen and contempory fantasy and scifi, though I love classics like War of The Worlds, Day of the Triffids or Lord of the Rings. I don't like the really corny stuff though...unless it's so corny it becomes almost a parody.

·
Registered
130 Posts
To be fair I think you'll find a love of anything and everything here.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The only INFJ I've met likes motorbikes, English litterature and ... that's pretty much it! Spending time on the Internet looking up bikes, selling bikes, buying bikes... LOL

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only INFJ I've met likes motorbikes, English litterature and ... that's pretty much it! Spending time on the Internet looking up bikes, selling bikes, buying bikes... LOL
You're pretty.

·
Registered
726 Posts
yes, here we go nerd alert... people stop and stare at me for my nerdiness and I can "hear" two ideas in the stares:

1) She's so freaking nerdy... Weird.
2) OMG She's just like ME!!! (stay calm, stay calm, stay calm)...

People with reaction #2 usually make the effort to become my friends. People with reaction #1 usually ignore me for the rest of whatever. :laughing:

·
Registered
97 Posts
So I dressed as Leia for the Star Wars return to theaters once, and we watched all the new Battlestar Galactica on Netflix last year. I guess that counts, huh.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
(I must have been the only one who noticed she's listed herself as an ENFJ.)

I'm more nerdy when it comes to languages. I like some good sci-fi, but the only mainstream sci-fi series I ever followed in earnest was Stargate SG-1 (more into sci-fi literature, and yes Ender's Game is great). Fantasy is too frivolous for me, and I can't stand Lord of the Rings (I actually liked The Hobbit, but the writing in LotR was so dry and drawn out that it bored me. I never finished reading the last book.)

A have a very passive interest in technology, but I swear to god it's all about smartphones these days, nothing interesting to read up about. I'm more interested in reading about science, and I'm contemplating a future career in nursing so I'm starting to do research and get nerdy about medical things.

·
Registered
473 Posts
we watched all the new Battlestar Galactica on Netflix last year
Me too! I was completely addicted until it was all over. :crazy:

I'm starting to do research and get nerdy about medical things.
Man, I've been a medical nerd for years. It's to the point where my family has given me an honorary, but obviously worthless, doctorate. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.