Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I need help. I have tested infj the past few years though I have tested as enfp the very first time I took the mbti test. I am confused between the two because my behaviour is much too carefree to be an infj. I am adventurous, fun loving and can be silly around those I am very close to.

However there are times when I feel quite infjish...I don't seem very extroverted in social situations. I am not inclined to demand attention. I'm also pretty private; I dislike questions that require me to reveal aspects of my private life (with new people). I'm not sure if this is a coping mechanism though. The past few years have been very tough and life altering (miscarriage, relationship problems etc). I am also not inclined to just say whatever is on my mind to just anyone. I am also very devoted to my wifely and motherly duties - it requires me to be orderly and I try the best I can to do this. With new friends/acquaintances I enjoy just listening. I'm prone to people telling me their life story/think we are closer friends than we really are when I haven't known them for a solid enough time for that to even be appropriate (in my mind). I also have a strong empathy for others. I'm alittle secretive....etc

My sister and best friend say I have a fanbase (I don't know how this happens!) I am now married to an istj (whom I adore and have been with over 10 years - complete opposites but it works great) with a wonderful toddler. Around my husband and my daughter, I am extremely free spirited and a big kid at heart. I adore spending time with my little girl, laughing, playing, going on little adventures etc. I also ramble nonsensically to my husband about all things which annoys him quite abit so I've learned to limit it and find other outlets. Anyway I will answer the type form..

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I am too adventurous, carefree and love fun!

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
To be happy. For great/memorable experiences to share with my little family.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I was in high school. I had a good few friends I was very close with. I laughed non stop and was openly silly with everyone because I was comfortable.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I'm made to feel like an airhead or not very intelligent or when no one takes me seriously enough (happens quite abit)

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
How I feel about it, how it effects those close to me, how it may be beneficial in the long run

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Hmm not sure :/

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
My sister and husband (boyfriend at the time) use to go on these random road trips. place would be picked out prior but once we arrived, we adopted the anything goes attitude...we did anything on the spur of the moment. My memory of it is pretty dreamy in a nostalgic kind of way...

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I think I'm more prone to theorise, memorise and definitely need to put it into practice to get the hang of it

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Well as a mother I have to be to get anything done. But prior to this, not very...haha

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand the principles behind it while also looking for information to support it (if that's possible)

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Hmm...I tend to do both :/ however, if it violates or goes against my personal beliefs or what I think is my true self, I can fake it but not do a very good job of it

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before I speak...I enjoy both settings. Both can be equally as stressful though. Sometimes one on one convos lack the fluidity of a group setting (I feel pressured to carry the conversation and it is annoying when the other isn't responsive) and most times group discussions lack the intimacy and depth of one on one convos

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
My past impulsiveness makes me more inclined to think through now. Yes actions speak louder than words (being married to an istj I have learned this all the more!)

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
It depends on my mood and who it is. If it were a close friend or my sisters then yes, I would go out most likely. Otherwise, I'd choose to stay home and watch my favourite show. I feel with those I'm not very close with, I need to be adjusted to the idea of hanging out with them. I must prepare myself.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Pretty emotional, paranoid and um annoying lol

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Arrogance, no humility

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Ideas, people, the news, God (I am a Christian), hypothetical situations, mbti

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Details - boooorrrring

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They see me as very warm, outgoing and caring...people magnet. I don't see myself as a people magnet and I sometimes feel I'm much more serious than people assume

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Going for a walk/exercise out in the sunshine, read, long and deep conversations with a close friend/my sisters, go out shopping for house decore, take my little girl to the park, to the lake, to the beach etc basically I think I'd be out and about. Not necessarily with a big group of people, I just like little adventures and I love to enjoy life

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I can see why you're confused. Before I present my opinion:
Does the principle of social interaction exhaust you? Are you naturally inclined to get alone in your own private zone?
I know those is some straightforward questions, but please think carefully when answering.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure. Does constant chatter via text and fb messenger count as social interaction? Being a stay at home mother I don't get out as much as I'd like. But even still, I am always interacting with someone. I do need time alone but not too long after I am messaging someone and initiating ideas for a catch up. I Need to see people and be around others atleast once a week otherwise I become depressed and sad. The prospect of having no friends makes me feel worthless...

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Does constant chatter via text and fb messenger count as social interaction?
Yes. Yes, it so very much does.

The prospect of no friends makes you feel worthless? That's a pretty interesting way of putting it. Do you mean like you rely upon seeing yourself in the context of others?

Reactions: Mrs_bea22

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. Yes, it so very much does.

The prospect of no friends makes you feel worthless? That's a pretty interesting way of putting it. Do you mean like you rely upon seeing yourself in the context of others?
Hmm I think what I mean is, having others to be around makes me feel like I'm putting myself to good use? I like analysing people, seeing how they think, what their passions are and helping them actualise these passions. I find people very interesting and if I'm not around others after a time of reflection or if I'm not maintaining friendships, this desire in me becomes unquenched and I become slightly depressed.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Hmm I think what I mean is, having others to be around makes me feel like I'm putting myself to good use? I like analysing people, seeing how they think, what their passions are and helping them actualise these passions. I find people very interesting and if I'm not around others after a time of reflection or if I'm not maintaining friendships, this desire in me becomes unquenched and I become slightly depressed.
Have you taken this test before? Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes Not that it should be taken too seriously, I'm just curious about what pattern of results you might get....

Reactions: Eudaimonia

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
You can be enough on the border that you may well be considered both. If you read through the profiles and analyse from the description to the way you think you are it might help you to decide one above the other. I was tested out as ISTp but after reading the profile of the personality type, I decided that I was more the Feeler even though I'm nearly 50/50 of the Thinker to the Feeling... if you see what I mean. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you taken this test before? t that it should be taken too seriously, I'm just curious about what pattern of results you might get....

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************** (34.4)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.1)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************* (45.8)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.5)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.3)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************** (20.5)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************** (26.3)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.7)
excellent use

i was sure my ni is higher than that :/ hmmm interesting

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************** (34.4)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.1)
limited use
excellent use
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.3)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************** (20.5)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************** (26.3)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.7)
excellent use

Hm, nothing groundbreaking. Or at least nothing more than you already seemed to be :p But at least it's confirmed now...

Is there anything in particular that you think is INFJ about you?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hm, nothing groundbreaking. Or at least nothing more than you already seemed to be :p But at least it's confirmed now...

I guess I'm not as talkative and am very hesitant to reveal things about myself to others. I'm alittle secretive - there are things about me that would surprise people close to me. Maybe even shock them. I hate answering questions about myself...but I'm not sure if this is due to being ashamed of my past? There are hidden sides to me. I'm not good at verbalising myself and very often am taken for an airhead. I'm not very articulate verbally, but am a lot more at ease via written form. That's all I can think of at the moment...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Oh and I'm very good at figuring out various perspectives on matters. Is this an ni quality?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I guess I'm not as talkative and am very hesitant to reveal things about myself to others. I'm alittle secretive - there are things about me that would surprise people close to me. Maybe even shock them. I hate answering questions about myself...but I'm not sure if this is due to being ashamed of my past? There are hidden sides to me. I'm not good at verbalising myself and very often am taken for an airhead. I'm not very articulate verbally, but am a lot more at ease via written form. That's all I can think of at the moment...
Maybe due to high presence of feeling? I don't know...

Oh and I'm very good at figuring out various perspectives on matters. Is this an ni quality?
This could very easily be some expression of Ne. Anything else? :p

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
excellent use
excellent use

I was going to post here that I see a LOT of Ne in your answers in the OP and Ne is very different than Ni. This confirms it for me. If it's between INFJ and ENFP, I'd say ENFP for relatively certain.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was going to post here that I see a LOT of Ne in your answers in the OP and Ne is very different than Ni. This confirms it for me. If it's between INFJ and ENFP, I'd say ENFP for relatively certain.
Hmm that's interesting! My best friend is Entp and seems to know her Ne pretty well. She says she doesn't see Ne in me at all when we talk, but I wonder whether her Ne is stronger? How do you differentiate between the two? and can you tell me how Ne is obvious in my replies and op? :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
How do you deal with projects or matters or interest?
Do you have a certain amount of topics of interest and you give them extensive focus, or do you get intrested in something for a while and quickly move on?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How do you deal with projects or matters or interest?
Do you have a certain amount of topics of interest and you give them extensive focus, or do you get intrested in something for a while and quickly move on?
I have a long history of jumping from one endeavour to the next. Whether it be hobbies or career ventures :/ It wasn't until I married that I decided to stop taking my poor husband for a ride to knuckle down finish my arts degree. But even then I have no idea what to do with it! It was hard for me to stay focused on finishing my degree because I kept wondering whether I would be better off doing something else.

Now im a lot more put together because I have to be I suppose. I have to make lists to keep myself in check. I thought this was a jish trait but I now realise it's a preventative measure. I'm not good at finishing/focusing on one thing(s) but I'm trying to be better at it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have a long history of jumping from one endeavour to the next. Whether it be hobbies or career ventures :/ It wasn't until I married that I decided to stop taking my poor husband for a ride to knuckle down finish my arts degree. But even then I have no idea what to do with it! It was hard for me to stay focused on finishing my degree because I kept wondering whether I would be better off doing something else.

Now im a lot more put together because I have to be I suppose. I have to make lists to keep myself in check. I thought this was a jish trait but I now realise it's a preventative measure. I'm not good at finishing/focusing on one thing(s) but I'm trying to be better at it.
Yeah.. you're not INFJ..
ENFP is very likely.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Hmm that's interesting! My best friend is Entp and seems to know her Ne pretty well. She says she doesn't see Ne in me at all when we talk, but I wonder whether her Ne is stronger?
Well, she would know better than me. I'm speaking as a Ni-dom whose primary experience with Ne is in my Ne-aux INFP mate.

I also don't know that one Ne-dom's Ne could be "stronger" than that of another Ne-dom. If it's your dominant function, then it should be pervasive. That said, I don't know if or how the differences in your respective judging functions (Ti versus Fi in the aux position) would play out. If your friend associates Ne with a Ti-aux-flavored version of it, your Fi-aux-flavored version might be harder to recognize.

But I'm just speculating. I mean, I could just be wrong.

How do you differentiate between the two?
Ne = breadth, looks at many possibilities

Ni = depth, tries to narrow things down to explore one thing (or a small number of things) in depth. Ni looks for the bigger picture, so don't confuse depth focus with small picture focus though)

Speaking of that, a question for you: How do you experience brainstorming sessions (where the goal is to generate as many ideas as possible without constraint)?

and can you tell me how Ne is obvious in my replies and op? :)
Note: it occurs to me that this is not just me looking at Ne by itself, but Ne in comparison with INFJ's Ni-dom:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I am too adventurous, carefree and love fun!
I associate Ne with a need for wide-ranging freedom to take in broadly available Ne perceptions and possibilities. I would think a Ne-dom would be quite adventurous because a wide range of experiences would "feed" Ne with information.

Ni is curious but can dig down deeper and seems to need less freedom to roam widely. Fits with the depth vs breadth thing in my mind.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I'm made to feel like an airhead or not very intelligent or when no one takes me seriously enough (happens quite abit)
Ne can have that affect. It's breadth and bouncing-around quality can be almost puppy-like and I can see where that could read as someone not to be taken seriously.

In contrast, It seems to me that Ni's laser (depth/pinpoint) focus tends to come across as more serious.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
My sister and husband (boyfriend at the time) use to go on these random road trips. place would be picked out prior but once we arrived, we adopted the anything goes attitude...we did anything on the spur of the moment. My memory of it is pretty dreamy in a nostalgic kind of way...
Again, I see that open, wide-ranging, don't-plan-ahead-welcome-all-experience Ne approach.

Oh and I just saw this:

Breadth. Range of possibilities rather than narrowing focus and depth. Ne. IMO.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts