Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
First of all, I want you to know that English is not my primary language. So sorry for all the mistakes that I will make (and maybe all the mistakes that are already there ((lol) that three is the magic number))).

So, I'm not new on the MBTI system. It's been for now almost 2 years that I've made a lot of research on this system (cognitive functions, loops, matches, etc.) For almost 1 year, I thought that I was an INFJ. Somehow, I wasn't always sure : I'm always not sure about everything, in fact. Anyways, for now, I'm someone how confused on my own type. Some of my friends and I think that I might be an ENTP. For now, I would say that it's the type that I can relate for the most in general. Therefore, I'm writing this post to have some externals points of view. I know that you guys are not pros ((maybe for some of you, which I doubt) and doubt my own doubt)) but I feel curious about it.

So let's have a general perspective of my personality :

Firstly, I'm a 17 years old boy who feel awkward to do this post (not in the sense of shy). I'm pretty lazy, couch potato guy and sophisticated low-philosopher. I mean, I don't have any interests in having a structured life. I also don't very have some ambitions (for now) and moral standard (I think this is just a waste of time). Note, that I'm not depressive. Actually, I love debate on intellectual subject, analyse, acquire knowledge, questioning, drink beer with friends, play music, have sex with my girlfriend (I try to be honest in my general life!). I think that I'm a quick thinker and analyser who sees pattern and subtleties very easily (Ne). I love humour like sarcasm and irony as god and.. I hate religion. I'm very creative, generate a lot of ideas, quick to laugh, subversive, and I want to have maximum of fun when I can. I don't have linear kind of life or thoughts. Somehow, I'm asking to myself if this very me or the person that I want to be. I mean, I think that I have those qualities or defaults (depend on how you see this), but I don't really know if this really me. When I tough I was an INFJ, I was showing more my lovely and gentle side, still if I felt that I was not very a feeler. I tend to figure people emotions very easily but don't always care. Unfortunately, I have an emphatic side that I can't ignore (if could, I would not have it). Plus, I thought that I was an Ni (implies Se on inferior) user because of the quickness of my thoughts (which was a mistake, because it's more Ne), the way that I always feel disconnect about the material world, my kind of obsessive side and many more. I'm pretty sure that I have the Ti/Fe axis and feel that I'm a bit more T. For the INFJ, the Ti is the tertiary, so I thought that it was well develop or that I was on a Ni-Ti loop. But I would add that I don't feel that I have a universal truth or a spiritual side, which refers more to the Ni and INFJ. On the other side, I'm not a sentimentalist (I don't base my judgement on feelings) but I'm kind of emotional (I got a lot of emotions). But, when I was younger I was even more emphatic that I am now. Plus, I would say that I'm more an ambivert that a extrovert or introvert. I love social interaction as I found them boring and useless. But I think my extroversion comes from the wideness of my ideas (Ne). And on the social world, I'm more the marginal one who thinks differently and challenged the conventions. And I know that both of those types can do this (the INFJ is more soothing). So in general, I'm asking myself if this is really me or the person that I want to be, because I feel that I have traits from the INFJ and the ENTP. The big problem it's that I have a hard time figuring if I'm Ni or Ne : it is surely this question that will demystify my type.

In general, I think this description fits more to the ENTP that the INFJ. But, what do you guys think of this? INFJ? ENTP? Jerk? INTP? ISTJ?

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings IronicEd and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum IronicEd. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
166 Posts
English isn't my first lenguage (I'm from Spain) so if you don't understand something, sorry.

If I read your description I may think in an ENTP, but in general both posibilities can be possible.
You must think in Ne-Ni. Forget Ti, Fe and sensing functions. If you were 2 years in MBTI, can't you choose Ni or Ne? That's the point. Don't think in your emocional side. Don't think in your humor. Think in your dom-function.
I don't have any friend ENTP (or any friend I talk usually with) but I have INFPs and INTPs who have Ne as auxiliar function. They're all day changing their opinion. I say: My INTP friend think in a theory, he talk to me or to another person, he improves his theory at the moment he's talking. He usually need conversation to think better (but not always) and other things. This is a Ne-characteristic. I think in ENTPs are more easily to notice.

As an ENTP you and INTPs can resolve a problem easier if you're thinking about it until you have the answer. Ni-doms usually need to go and do another task because the answer come to your head without problem.
Ne-doms or Ne-auxiliars usually have an brainstorming that Ni-doms don't have. If you have Ni you can say: If you do this, the company breaks. *Two months later* The company breaks (or no, depends of your last decision). If you have Ne... You say: OH, GOD, A NEW POSIBILITY, YAY! *do it* *company breaks*

You must think about Ne and Ni. ENTPs an INFJs have Ti-Fe and Fe-Ti, so may distinguish thinking about auxiliar and terciary it's difficult.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
16,495 Posts
Greetings @IronicEd

I would suggest you take the time to complete this survey in the "Guess my Type Folder" (Post your answers in there and people will help you).

You may also want to take this cognitive functions quiz. It will help you nail down which cognitive functions you prefer most.

Reactions: IronicEd

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Hi, IronicEd.

Welcome. Enjoy your time learning with us.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@My type : ENTP? INTP​? INFJ? R2D2?
Go to that thread, if you want to live (is it clearly more precised).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts