Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
i'm sure there is a lot of shit wrong with my head and things like that but none of it will change anything about my answers

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/27523800691/in/explore-2016-06-11/
it looks like a typical wildlife photo but thats not a very typical looking duck (if it even is a duck), i've actually never seen that type of duck and it probably doesn't come from the northern hemisphere because it looks like there are bamboo shoots in the back and it looks like a warm place in that picture (but i could be completely wrong). in regards of how it makes me feel, i find the green tones pretty calming and also props to the person who took the picture, its hard to take pictures of animals, especially in motion so i'm sure whoever took that photo is somewhat proud (because they should be)

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
i'd most likely get pretty angry/frantic at first if it were my favourite band because i don't want to end up being late or missing the concert entirely. i don't know shit about cars so i would probably ask any of the people i'm with if they have any idea of what could have happened, if nobody has a clue, i'd probably try to take a look around to see if the damage was something that could be fixed by someone who wasn't an expert (aka me) and if not, i'd check for cell signal or look around for any kind of signs or civilization because apparently we're in the middle of nowhere but the next question says we end up making it to the concert so it doesn't really matter what i do cause we make it anyway.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

i'm not really a party person but if everyone else is going then i may as well try to have a little fun and about the driver thing, it depends on who the driver is. if it is someone who i can trust then i would probably be less worried and let myself have a bit of fun rather than if it were someone who i didn't know very well because if i didn't know them, i'd drink less and keep an eye on them to make sure they don't drink and if i can't stop them then at least i didn't drink so then i could drive them all back.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
again, it depends on what they say, if it's something really serious then i would probably get slightly worked up and say something back and once i've calmed down a bit, i'd question them to find out where they got that idea/opinion from so that maybe hopefully we can find a common ground on the issue and compromise or i would just try not to let it get to me to avoid conflict because we're probably all tired after that concert+party and everyone has their own opinions right?

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
i'd probably do some self reflection, this still depends on the situation, on whether or not i believe that this habit/belief is "good" or not after that experience and i might try to change the way i think.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
i'm not really sure to be honest, i'm still really young and i don't necessarily think that i have any super strong opinions but i do believe that everyone has the potential to be good and true to themselves, i didn't think this way before but as i started to become more open minded, i realized that people aren't that bad sometimes and if they are, there's usually an understandable reason. i dont think that everyone is good though, this world has a lot of work to do because we're all a mess and we're only getting worse.
another belief is that the news and media are supposed to make us all scared because it helps keep us in line.
a few more beliefs that i have:
the government has secrets.
none of us are really free.
people are usually really gullible and jump to conclusions a lot.
my life is insignificant at the moment.
grades dont determine intelligent and a lot of people don't realize that.
music is important.
everyone is important in their own special way but in the grand scheme of things, none of us really matter

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) i think differently compared to my peers, i'm not sure why but i feel as though i'm ahead of a lot of my friends in the sense that a lot of things that i did/experienced a few years ago, everyone is experiencing them now and i'm moving onto new things already. i'm really indecisive and open minded. i feel older than my peers/more experienced. i'm never really "in the moment" i'm usually thinking ahead and i'm kind of waiting until i peak. i'm in my head a lot. externally, i wear somewhat different clothes/have a different style and listen to different music and try to sort of branch out my interests whereas most people are really boxed in and are afraid to swim against the crowd. i'm trying to find myself, others havent even begun. b) i would probably change my vagueness and how i can never verbalize what i'm thinking and i can never get my thoughts together. i dont come across as very smart because its difficult to find a way to let out the things in my head.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
i usually listen to my hunches and gut feelings because about 9/10 times, they're right. sadly i try not to act on them because there's always that possibility that i'm going to be wrong but then when i realize that i wasn't wrong at all, i regret not acting on that feeling. i guess they're triggered in stressful situations, when i'm scared but they also occur often when i'm just watching a tv show or observing the people around me and i can usually tell how an event will play out. my life is literally just full of "i told you so" moments.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) listening to music, working towards goals, learning new things that i care about even if i can't really apply it to everyday life. just knowledge in general i guess. i also get really energized when debating about things i believe in strongly (i know my beliefs weren't clear AT ALL in the 6th question because i can't really think of any on the spot but when i have a friendly debate with someone or i have the chance to express my opinions, i get pretty giddy about that) b) being around people can energize me and drain me at the same time because i love my friends and i love learning about people and being around someone else who's not myself is always fun but usually after prolonged interaction with people i feel like death.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
about outward behavior, i try to repress my twitches and urges (e.g, picking my fingernails, biting the inside of my lip, tapping my fingers, moving my leg, messing with my hair etc) because those usually just end up in me messing up some part of my body (like my fingernails for example) and then i regret it even though i can never actually stop that even if i try and it's really annoying. about my thought process, sometimes really random inappropriate thoughts just appear (and i'm not talking only sexual, although those do appear as well) and i'm just like "brain, what the fuck". i try not to laugh at things i think of at random times and i try not to laugh when i'm angry because that happens a lot too. i talk about a lot of really mundane things with my friends i guess because whenever something big or important happens in my life, i dont want people to worry or think differently about me & i don't want to be annoying about it but a lot of things happen in my life that i probably shouldnt keep to myself but i always do.

alriGHT THAT WAS LONG AND PERSONAL, IF YOU CAN TELL MY TYPE FROM THAT MESS THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW BECAUSE I AM HAVING AN IDENTITY CRISIS, THANK YOU FOR READING BECAUSE IF YOU GOT HERE THEN YOU PROBABLY READ ALL OF ^THAT^.

·
Boaz & Jachin
ESTJ; LSE-Te; 6w5; 631; Sp/Sx; DC; TN
14,734 Posts
@voidedneptune
Why did you skip Q.0?

"but the next question says we end up making it to the concert so it doesn't really matter what i do cause we make it anyway." made me chuckle.

"i would probably change my vagueness and how i can never verbalize what i'm thinking and i can never get my thoughts together. i dont come across as very smart because its difficult to find a way to let out the things in my head." that sort of wraps up this whole thing. Everything you say seems like it could be said by anyone like as if it's all "small chat". Or maybe I just have a high standard for people to be more clear on what they are saying (and mentally ill).

"it looks like a typical wildlife photo but thats not a very typical looking duck (if it even is a duck), i've actually never seen that type of duck and it probably doesn't come from the northern hemisphere because it looks like there are bamboo shoots in the back and it looks like a warm place in that picture (but i could be completely wrong). the green tones are pretty calming though." I feel bad for your English Literature teacher since that was really like just "state the obvious". Though you do go through the history and facts of the birds, more interested in facts than imagination.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@voidedneptune
Why did you skip Q.0?

"but the next question says we end up making it to the concert so it doesn't really matter what i do cause we make it anyway." made me chuckle.

"i would probably change my vagueness and how i can never verbalize what i'm thinking and i can never get my thoughts together. i dont come across as very smart because its difficult to find a way to let out the things in my head." that sort of wraps up this whole thing. Everything you say seems like it could be said by anyone like as if it's all "small chat". Or maybe I just have a high standard for people to be more clear on what they are saying (and mentally ill).

"it looks like a typical wildlife photo but thats not a very typical looking duck (if it even is a duck), i've actually never seen that type of duck and it probably doesn't come from the northern hemisphere because it looks like there are bamboo shoots in the back and it looks like a warm place in that picture (but i could be completely wrong). the green tones are pretty calming though." I feel bad for your English Literature teacher since that was really like just "state the obvious". Though you do go through the history and facts of the birds, more interested in facts than imagination.
did you come here to help me determine my type or just let me know what you thought about a few of the things i've said here?

also, are you saying that mentally ill people are immediately more clear about what they're talking about just because of that? idk that whole statement just seemed a bit unnecessary but i'm not even sure what you meant by that paragraph.

do you want me to make up a story for the duck or something? it's a really simple picture, i didn't think it was supposed to make me think about the universe but if you want me to start talking about duck theories or some shit then let me know.

·
Boaz & Jachin
14,734 Posts
@voidedneptune
I can't help you if what you write isn't anything much of value. Of course mentally ill people are, since you can see their symptoms therefore you are clear of their illness.
Anyways enough chit chat.
I'll do the same what I do this other guy.
Have a look at these and see if you relate to anything, then post what your relations are and out of 10 how accurate it is to you:
http://mbti-notes.tumblr.com/post/120027854992/how-functions-work-dominant-se-estpesfp
http://mbti-notes.tumblr.com/post/120104389987/how-functions-work-dominant-ne-entpenfp
http://mbti-notes.tumblr.com/post/120192495537/how-functions-work-dominant-te-estjentj
http://mbti-notes.tumblr.com/post/120279193432/how-functions-work-dominant-fe-esfjenfj
http://mbti-notes.tumblr.com/post/120443007842/how-functions-work-dominant-si-istjisfj
http://mbti-notes.tumblr.com/post/120527622637/how-functions-work-dominant-ni-intjinfj
http://mbti-notes.tumblr.com/post/120611652457/how-functions-work-dominant-ti-istpintp
http://mbti-notes.tumblr.com/post/120699248482/how-functions-work-dominant-fi-isfpinfp

Some websites might vary slightly on the description, but it's a nice starting point to get a flavor of what each function is about.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@voidedneptune
I can't help you if what you write isn't anything much of value. Of course mentally ill people are, since you can see their symptoms therefore you are clear of their illness.
Anyways enough chit chat.
I'll do the same what I do this other guy.
Have a look at these and see if you relate to anything, then post what your relations are and out of 10 how accurate it is to you:
How Functions Work: Dominant Se (ESTP/ESFP) - MBTI Notes
How Functions Work: Dominant Ne (ENTP/ENFP) - MBTI Notes
How Functions Work: Dominant Te (ESTJ/ENTJ) - MBTI Notes
How Functions Work: Dominant Fe (ESFJ/ENFJ) - MBTI Notes
How Functions Work: Dominant Si (ISTJ/ISFJ) - MBTI Notes
How Functions Work: Dominant Ni (INTJ/INFJ) - MBTI Notes
How Functions Work: Dominant Ti (ISTP/INTP) - MBTI Notes
How Functions Work: Dominant Fi (ISFP/INFP) - MBTI Notes

Some websites might vary slightly on the description, but it's a nice starting point to get a flavor of what each function is about.
i'm just going to ignore that first sentence and just say thanks for those links, i'm already quite familiar with the functions but here's how much i relate to them on a scale of 1-10
Dominant Se (ESTP/ESFP) - 2
Dominant Ne (ENTP/ENFP) - 7
Dominant Te (ESTJ/ENTJ) - 6
Dominant Fe (ESFJ/ENFJ) - 7
Dominant Si (ISTJ/ISFJ) - 5
Dominant Ni (INFJ/INTJ) - 8
Dominant Ti (ISTP/INTP) - 7
Dominant Fi (ISFP/INFP) - 8

·
Boaz & Jachin
14,734 Posts
@voidedneptune
INFJ is the most likely.
Ni 8, Fe 7, Ti 7, Se 2
INTJ has some potential
Ni 8, Te 6, Fi 8, Se 2
INFP highly unlikely
Fi 8, Ne 7, Si 5, Te 6

Have a look at these so you can see the difference between INTJ and INFJ:
INFJ - MBTI Notes
INTJ - MBTI Notes

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@voidedneptune
INFJ is the most likely.
Ni 8, Fe 7, Ti 7, Se 2
INTJ has some potential
Ni 8, Te 6, Fi 8, Se 2
INFP highly unlikely
Fi 8, Ne 7, Si 5, Te 6

Have a look at these so you can see the difference between INTJ and INFJ:
INFJ - MBTI Notes
INTJ - MBTI Notes
thanks dude, i was debating whether i was infj or intj when i first started this whole thing but i know i'm definitely not intj. thank you for your input.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
You guys, I found the entire back and forth about the duck photo hilarious. I'm lol'ing. Sorry but it's funny. That duck.

And I don't understand what mentally ill people has to do with anything either btw.

I came here to type you and I still can if you want further input.

·
Boaz & Jachin
14,734 Posts
You guys, I found the entire back and forth about the duck photo hilarious. I'm lol'ing. Sorry but it's funny. That duck.

And I don't understand what mentally ill people has to do with anything either btw.

That duck photo was the utmost important part of the whole quiz, and seeing that the person likes literature I felt a little disappointed to see only a basic interpretation of the photo.
That duck didn't get any justice, our hearts are out for you.
Swim safely now.

Reactions: sometimes

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

no need to apologize about the duck thing because i agree, that was pretty funny.

it would be very much appreciated if you could try to type me based on this (even though apparently nothing that i've written here has any value).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know this thread is probably long gone by now but I've come to realize that I somewhat lied about Ne and Te (aka I didn't think it through very much) and Ne is more like an 8 and Te is more like a 3 (Si might also be around 6 because I took a cognitive functions test and apparently I use Si more than I thought). Now I'm not that INFP is definite (or why would I have made this thread in the first place) but it's starting to seem more likely than before even though I still have many doubts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts