Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister commented I sound a lot like the INTJ description (we were reading descriptions together to find out about our mum), so I was wondering what everyone else thought.

Form:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
My sister commenting, so I guess Te vs Fe.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why? I want to be able to change things for the better, help my friends and family grow and become what they could be, and to achieve their dreams. I also want to achieve my dream of becoming a published author, not necessarily as a job, but just to be able to do it.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way. Having conversation with my sister, mum and ISFJ friend respectively - we all discussed interesting topics and kept on the same wavelength for a change (usually, I tend to lose people when I try to explain things because I'm not good at putting my thoughts into words). Also, when I was really into writing and managed to write over 2,000 words in an hour (a new personal best). Also, in university and school when I've been sailing through classes, but really enjoying them (mostly English Lit, and, at university, Japanese). Also, when I was sat by myself, waiting for my sister (can't remember where) and I was just watching the world - feeling completely at peace.

4) What makes you feel inferior? When people tell me I'm bad at something, or I can't do it, or make some unfair, close-minded criticism of me. Or when I start watching people and realise that thing - you're actually a small thing who's going to disappear one day (depressing, I know). I also don't like people going on and on over something about me, good or bad - it makes me very uncomfortable and feel strange.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) What would work best, the people involved, what could be achieved - I guess looking at potential, but weighing up the cost of people around me - e.g. wanting to spend a day writing: look at how much can be realistically achieved, if my family/friends have stuff to do as well (so I'm not just leaving them), what kind of plan I'd be following. I quite like thinking about decisions, but don't like making them.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome? I like to work by myself - very, very much. I hate group work. I get exhausted trying to listen to everyone's opinions, then diplomatically say what I'd like to do - then getting ignored (lol). I love working on projects on my own, so I can create what I want and do it in the way I feel is best. (Maybe that's just me being a control freak?)

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it? When I was reading 'Ender's Game', and several other very good books (no idea why it's 'fun', but it is). When I was writing interesting, easy scenes, or plotting the next bit. When I was reading through information on writing. Going on Personality Cafe. Going to the cinema. Going to bookshop cafes. Walking around the university library.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc) I like to look at stuff a lot first, and read about it. e.g. my sister and I want to do a comic together and I'd be the writer, so I went onto several different sites, found examples of comic writing, tips etc. and put them next to plots I already had (because I'm focusing my inspirational creativity on a novel) and sort of... got them to fit. I like thinking of stuff a lot before I do it.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as? Organised chaos - my desk looks a complete mess, but I know where everything is, as long as I thought it was something necessary (I did lose a booklet because I didn't think I needed it). I tend to know when deadlines are and am always early. I don't like waiting until the last minute for anything. I get to train stations about half an hour before the train's due and always have the right change/ticket out for the bus long before it's at the stop.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it? I look at new ideas and consider them for a long time. I tend not to make decisions about them in terms of good or bad, but useful or not useful - like information-wise. I love being told/shown new ideas and exploring them in my head.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself? I feel that if people are worried/upset/angry, I can't be peaceful. I know they're there, being unhappy, and I want to make it right - especially if it's about an argument. I do tend to lose time for what I want to do, unless I'm being stubborn/annoyed, then I just do what I want. I don't tend to be swayed by group consensus, but I do make compromises easily. I really don't like seeing people upset.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions? I think too much before speaking. Sometimes I think so much, I forget I haven't said anything and people get confused. I like speaking to people one-on-one because I tend to get a better level of communication - group stuff is usually small talk, which is tiring and quite dull. I tend to stick to speaking with one or two people most of the time out my friend group (if they get grabbed by someone else in the group, I'll go to the other one).

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words? I tend only to act quickly if the situation really needs me to - like jumping in the way of a bully as he went to hurt my friend at the time. I prefer to consider all the angles, then choose one way to act. I also have to weigh all the variables up - like if it'll upset anyone, or if something will go wrong.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favourite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do? I say I'm really busy and ask them to call me earlier next time. I apologise a lot for not being able to go but, deep down, I'll be a bit annoyed they didn't think to plan it in advance. I generally don't go out on Saturday nights though, so it's unlikely to happen :)

15) How do you act when you're stressed out? Hyper-critical of everything, irritable, depressed, fatalistic - generally pretty badly if it's bad stress. For mild stress, I tend to withdraw a lot and obsessively think about the cause to try to resolve it, but if it can't be resolved, I'll keep getting more stressed or let it go.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people? If they're close-minded - there's nothing worse than close-minded, unimaginative people who just accept everything. Acceptance is good, but not with everything - like people who accept physical violence against them, or accept they are going to be physically violent. I don't believe in destiny, I believe that everyone can be better and should actively try to improve themselves. I also can't stand cruelty or arrogance in people, but lying is probably one of my most hated things.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people? Ideas. For stories, about films or books, about what might happen in a hundred years, or what might be living out there. I tend to blend reality and fiction a lot when I discuss things with people, if I'm leading the conversation. Usually, though, I let them lead. I find it more interesting if people say what they feel/think with not previous bias.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life Food, clothes, house stuff, money. I don't like them very much - I used to wish I could photosynthesise instead of eat because eating/food is kind of boring. I don't like financial stuff like insurance - I've tried understanding it, but my eyes just glaze over. Clothes just kind of get me by - I have a lot of plain coloured t-shirts, jeans, trainers etc. I like comfortable things. I don't like having to think about money, so my money management skills used to be awful - I've got a lot better since coming to university (I tend to save over spend).

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ? Shy, serious, worried, kind, nice, head-in-the-clouds. Kind of boring words. I think they're not exactly wrong, but that's only one side of me - I tend not to get angry around friends or strangers. I also don't share all my ideas with anyone, so they couldn't understand parts of me (my fault, lol). I think they'd never say I was mean or spiteful. I actively try not to be.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Going for a walk if it's nice. Reading books, watching a film, hugging my cat, writing, listening to music, going online, going to the cinema, buying a new book, getting a coffee in a cafe, getting my time to myself a bit, being able to just lie down and relax.

That took a while - sorry it's so long D8 Thank you in advance for replies.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
INFJ. Definitely an Fe type. You have that propriety. Also, this is so Fe (not Te):

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself? I feel that if people are worried/upset/angry, I can't be peaceful. I know they're there, being unhappy, and I want to make it right - especially if it's about an argument. I do tend to lose time for what I want to do, unless I'm being stubborn/annoyed, then I just do what I want. I don't tend to be swayed by group consensus, but I do make compromises easily. I really don't like seeing people upset.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
INFJ. Definitely an Fe type. You have that propriety. Also, this is so Fe (not Te):
Haha, thanks :) I kind of thought that would be the reply, lol!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts