Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I hope someone can provide some insight into which type I might be. I often get both INTJ and INFJ. I have read both profiles and relate to both of them.

1. When working on a project where do you place your emphasis? the process of putting it together? or the final product? (Do you experiment with your perspectives to create ideas? )
A: All of it. I get most of my enthusiasm from starting it though.

2. Are you a realist? Are you more of a no nonsense type of person? (I find these people like to call bullshit on everything)
A: No.

3. Would you say you make decisions quickly? or do you take a while coming to a conclusion, because you hope you're not missing some vital information that will change your mind?
A: I like to make decisions quickly if I am pressed for time. If it's something that can wait, I will make a loose decision and adjust accordingly when new information comes in.

4. Do you ever experience nostalgia? For instance being able to completely remember a mood of a past experience/time?
A: Yes. I can remember how I felt about the world (mood-wise)at a certain moment in my past. Sometimes, I get so lost in it that I can bring it the present for a few seconds.

5. Are you of the rebellious sort? The sort who rebels for no reason other than to rebel against authority?
A: I am rebellious, but only if I think there is a good reason. If I feel the people in authority aren't qualified, then yes. Or if something doesn't make sense to me.

6. When watching a film and critiquing it? Do you critique it based on details in the film, for instance on how you thought a certain portion of it was un-realistic (or something along those lines) or based on the idea or point they were trying to get across/how well they got it across? (It can be a combination of both sometimes too) (an example would be for example, critiquing Passion of the Christ, do you think the movies retarded because no one can live as long as he did with that much blood loss, or because of the fundamental errors the movie makes when trying to make its point, and the way it tries to connect the audience to that point?)
A: Both. I critique unrealistic portions of the movie, but I can usually overlook it, unless it is glaringly obvious. I get annoyed most when they fail to get the point across in a sufficient manner. Like when the timing is completely off and they could have milked certain parts to connect to the audience.

7. When debating with others, do you ever get the feeling or state for that matter, that you can see where your opponent is coming from? For instance I have gotten into arguments over things I honestly don't believe (or could care less if it were true), but it all started when someone would tell me about a certain topic and how this certain stance is stupid.Then I would say well, I can see why they'd think that or how it could be possible, then they'd start arguing with me as if I had a stake in it.... Do you feel you do anything like that?
A: Yes. But I usually make it known that I don't personally believe in it. Unless I'm really lazy.

8. Do you notice symbols in the world, do you ever try and wrap the symbol back to an idea that you believe?
A:All the time. I always tend to think there is some grand connection between certain relationships and ideas.

9. Are you hurt by criticisms? Do you get personally offended when people try and criticize you? or are you thick skinned?
A:It depends. If their criticisms had already crossed my mind, I wont be offended. I just think of it as them being honest. However, if I hadn't thought about it before, then yes.

10. Say for example your learning about cameras in school, would you be more inclined to go home right away and read a whole shit load on cameras so you feel confident in your knowledge of cameras? or would you feel perfectly comfortable when the teacher calls on people to come try it out, to just hop up there and start using it?
A:I would definitely research it. I like being prepared.

11. When you are out do you worry about how people will interpret any action you take? (sort of in a seinfeld sort of way, where they over analyze actions people make, trying to find their true motivation) Do you feel a sort of pressure from this?
A:Sometimes. But I think that's because I usually like analyzing people's behavior.

12. In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?
A: I get bothered a little but I usually don't go and help them...unless I'm feeling friendly.

13. Do you find yourself ranting to your friends about how a certain something could have been done way easier? Or how someone went about doing something (anything like a project,work,etc.) was really stupid and you could have done it way better and in a more simple fashion?
A: Yes. I like efficiency.

14. how does your average day go in general,
A:Well, apart from schoolwork, I'm usually researching stuff of interest online, watching the History and Science channel, or writing in my journal. Sometimes I paint..although I'm not very good at it. And I usually watch a movie with my INTP hubby.

15. what things do you value the most,
A:Independence, alone time, integrity, my sleep, people I care about....

16. what things regularly bug you
A: miscommunication, assumptions, conflict that involves someone attacking the other person instead of ideas.

17. what do you value most in other people and what qualities do you find most repulsive in others,
Value in others: patience, tolerance, honesty, authenticity, Integrity, and rationality
Repulsive: Arrogance with no real reason to be, Controlling, Irrationality, insensitivity

18. how do you evaluate people in general,
A: By the vibes they give off, body language, certain word usage, how they react to their environment and/or certain people.

19. how do you arrive at your decisions
A; I analyze all the choices, imagine hypothetical situations and see which one can withstand most of those, and then choose the most rational. I also check to see which choice my heart favors and that will be an extra reason to choose a certain option. If I am stuck between two very rational options, I choose the one I innately wanted to.

20. what factors are you most likely to pay attention to when deciding on things.
A: context, versatility, efficiency, how other people will be affected....

21. Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality?
A:My mood often varies. I often come off as mysterious or mystical to other people. I can empathize with people but there is often a barrier and I feel cold and distant.

22. Anything that makes you stand out from other people that you know?
A: I am more introverted then most people I know. I genuinely like being alone for long periods of time. I can entertain myself for weeks with my imagination. I dread social events.

23. What do you yourself think are your strengths and weaknesses?
strengths: I'm highly curious, always question everything, logical, have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, can see different perspectives, supportive, and patient.
weaknesses: I can be too critical, stubborn, too much of a perfectionist, often emotionally moody, and anxious too often.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Judging from your answers, I would say that you are definitely an INTJ, perhaps with high Fi. You said you like efficiency and that you value rationality, both traits found in INTJ's more than INFJ's (especially the latter trait). You also seem like you analyze your environment a lot.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I have INFJ feel especially where you note you dislike conflict where one person is attacking another and not his or her ideas.

Would you say that you often align your feelings to others or how you are expected to feel like? Is it difficult for you to peg how you yourself really feel?
Or would you say that your feelings are mostly your own but you align your logic with what the outside world says is logical course of action to follow?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
6. When watching a film and critiquing it? Do you critique it based on details in the film, for instance on how you thought a certain portion of it was un-realistic (or something along those lines) or based on the idea or point they were trying to get across/how well they got it across? (It can be a combination of both sometimes too) (an example would be for example, critiquing Passion of the Christ, do you think the movies retarded because no one can live as long as he did with that much blood loss, or because of the fundamental errors the movie makes when trying to make its point, and the way it tries to connect the audience to that point?)
A: Both. I critique unrealistic portions of the movie, but I can usually overlook it, unless it is glaringly obvious. I get annoyed most when they fail to get the point across in a sufficient manner. Like when the timing is completely off and they could have milked certain parts to connect to the audience.

7. When debating with others, do you ever get the feeling or state for that matter, that you can see where your opponent is coming from? For instance I have gotten into arguments over things I honestly don't believe (or could care less if it were true), but it all started when someone would tell me about a certain topic and how this certain stance is stupid.Then I would say well, I can see why they'd think that or how it could be possible, then they'd start arguing with me as if I had a stake in it.... Do you feel you do anything like that?
A: Yes. But I usually make it known that I don't personally believe in it. Unless I'm really lazy.

8. Do you notice symbols in the world, do you ever try and wrap the symbol back to an idea that you believe?
A:All the time. I always tend to think there is some grand connection between certain relationships and ideas.

9. Are you hurt by criticisms? Do you get personally offended when people try and criticize you? or are you thick skinned?
A:It depends. If their criticisms had already crossed my mind, I wont be offended. I just think of it as them being honest. However, if I hadn't thought about it before, then yes.

10. Say for example your learning about cameras in school, would you be more inclined to go home right away and read a whole shit load on cameras so you feel confident in your knowledge of cameras? or would you feel perfectly comfortable when the teacher calls on people to come try it out, to just hop up there and start using it?
A:I would definitely research it. I like being prepared.

11. When you are out do you worry about how people will interpret any action you take? (sort of in a seinfeld sort of way, where they over analyze actions people make, trying to find their true motivation) Do you feel a sort of pressure from this?
A:Sometimes. But I think that's because I usually like analyzing people's behavior.

12. In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?
A: I get bothered a little but I usually don't go and help them...unless I'm feeling friendly.

13. Do you find yourself ranting to your friends about how a certain something could have been done way easier? Or how someone went about doing something (anything like a project,work,etc.) was really stupid and you could have done it way better and in a more simple fashion?
A: Yes. I like efficiency.

14. how does your average day go in general,
A:Well, apart from schoolwork, I'm usually researching stuff of interest online, watching the History and Science channel, or writing in my journal. Sometimes I paint..although I'm not very good at it. And I usually watch a movie with my INTP hubby.

16. what things regularly bug you
A: miscommunication, assumptions, conflict that involves someone attacking the other person instead of ideas.

19. how do you arrive at your decisions
A; I analyze all the choices, imagine hypothetical situations and see which one can withstand most of those, and then choose the most rational. I also check to see which choice my heart favors and that will be an extra reason to choose a certain option. If I am stuck between two very rational options, I choose the one I innately wanted to.

20. what factors are you most likely to pay attention to when deciding on things.
A: context, versatility, efficiency, how other people will be affected....

21. Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality?
A:My mood often varies. I often come off as mysterious or mystical to other people. I can empathize with people but there is often a barrier and I feel cold and distant.

23. What do you yourself think are your strengths and weaknesses?
strengths: I'm highly curious, always question everything, logical, have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, can see different perspectives, supportive, and patient.
weaknesses: I can be too critical, stubborn, too much of a perfectionist, often emotionally moody, and anxious too often.
That sound A LOT like me!!! :crazy:

And I totally see why DarkAutumn wants to claim you as an INTJ... :laughing:

I will vote for INFJ (with a strong Ti admittedly)...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Okay, so we're all a little biased...

It's entirley possible that she is an INFJ. I voted for INTJ because I 've seen more INTJs who express their Fi than INFJs who express their Ti (for girls at least, society pressures them to be more "emotional").

Here's a great article about type preference. It's a long article, but if you scroll down a bit, it has the clearest explanation for F vs T that I've seen. Maybe it will help.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
It's entirley possible that she is an INFJ. I voted for INTJ because I 've seen more INTJs who express their Fi than INFJs who express their Ti (for girls at least, society pressures them to be more "emotional").
That is a very good point. And I would be the INFJ with a strong Ti, so there's my bias... :)

@Priskilla: It's just a hunch I've got, but maybe reading through these to threads and seeing which one you relate to most could be helpful...
http://personalitycafe.com/infj-forum-protectors/6359-you-know-youre-infj-when.html
http://personalitycafe.com/intj-forum-scientists/15067-you-know-you-intj-when.html

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have INFJ feel especially where you note you dislike conflict where one person is attacking another and not his or her ideas.

Would you say that you often align your feelings to others or how you are expected to feel like? Is it difficult for you to peg how you yourself really feel?
Or would you say that your feelings are mostly your own but you align your logic with what the outside world says is logical course of action to follow?
I'm leaning more towards the first set. Would it be possible to provide examples though?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts