Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that a lot of fictional characters get incorrectly typed as INFJ. I thought it could be fun to list one character that you think is an INFJ and one character that you think is incorrectly typed as an INFJ.

INFJ - Atticus Finch

No Way - Mulan

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
Belle from Beauty and the Beast— false? She’s a Disney Princess, there’s always going to be some NFP going on.

Um.... false.
NFP Atticus Finch as is Scout and Harper Lee herself— Fi is apparent on every single page, front and center. “Walk in someone else’s shoes”. INFJ (perhaps ENFJ) Dill and/or Truman Capote, though, and Dill’s/Capote’s reactions were puzzling to Scout/Harper (but I think they are somewhat characteristic NFJ reactions) and she described them in the book.

Elizabeth Bennett (from the book) as NFJ and Jane Austen as NFJ, I argue “true”.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Interesting idea this one. Let me try!

INFJ - Colonel Kurtz from Apocalypse Now(and of course, his book inspiration, Mister Kurtz).

False INFJ - Dr. Hannibal Lecter. I really don´t know why some people type him as an INFJ. I never felt it though.
Another example of a mistyped INFJ would be Darth Vader. Some people just tend to type cool villains as INFJs for some reason.

·
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
2,833 Posts
Is: Norman (The Promised Neverland - since I just finished it, so it's on my mind. He definitely gave me that familiar vibe other INFJ characters give me. I found him relatable).

Not: Elsa (Frozen)
I don't see it. She has the troubled misunderstood loner thing going on sure, but I don't remember getting any strong Ni or Fe from her. Maybe I missed something.
"Let it Go" seemed like the Fi national anthem. lol Granted I only watched the first film. Not sure if she came across more INFJy in the 2nd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts