Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am not sure where to post this so I apologise in advance if this is not in the right thread.
Anyway I would like to share some of my experiences that are still a mystery and quite a phenomenon to me. The reason why I want to share this is because I am trying to find an explanation to these experiences and hopefully even find other people who have had similar occurences.

1. Time warp phenomenon?
I remember from the age of 6 until around the age of 16/17 I used to have these "episodes" where I would hear these other worldly voices/whispering ( I promise I am not crazy lol) and while I was hearing this everything around me changed. Either all of my movements would suddenly be in slow motion and I would perceive movements around me to be fast paced as if I was watching a movie in fast forward or the opposite would happen where my movements would be fast paced and the movements around me would be in slow motion. Whenever this happened I would feel as though I wasn't really present in my body, as if I was having an out of body experience of some sort. Also this happened mostly when I was in a very quiet place and also when I was focuses on something or maybe zoing out. To this day I have no idea what this was and why it suddenly stopped, I kinda miss these "episodes" as well because they made me feel quite euphoric.
I have to add that I always just like most, if not all INFJ/HSP'ers live in my head and also philosophy and analyze alot.
I remember as a child I used to constantly check if I was really present in my own body because I was and still am very aware that this body is only a temporary suit and that the real me is more than what I can see...so I used to ask my parents frequently if I was really "here" and what "here" really meant.

2. Synethesia?

I always associate numbers with gender or letters.
For example for me 1 = man, 2= female 3 = female 4= male 5 = female 6 = female 7 = male 8= female 9= male 10 =male

3. Pareidolia?

I always can see images / figures in inanimate objects or unusual places and these images are very detailed and can come almost to life like a movie.

One time I saw a man dressed in what seems like 19th century attire with a cane in my towel and he looked as if he was walking towards me.

And at my parents place on the floor of the upstairs toilet I discovered this little man with african/black features who seems to be walking up some stairs with a brief case in his hand and for some reason the first time I saw this figure the name George popped into my head and I have been calling him by this name since then, and this might seem like I am complete mental but I do enjoy going into that toilet just to see that little guy and just stare ( I would even dare to call him my friend) :) and he is also a lawyer, don't ask how I know this...hahaha

So those are three main mysteries/ phenomenon in my life that I wanted to share and hopefully I do not come off as I belong in an asylum.

Yesterday I watched the movie Lucy and it got me thinking about our brains and the functionalities of our brains and what would happen if we could use more than 10% of our brains and then all of these experiences came back to me again and got me wondering if I was maybe accessing some parts of my brain that are normally in a dormant state. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
662 Posts
That's ... unreal o_o

No ... I do not have these experiences -except for during lucid dreaming ... or in sleep paralysis when you start to see things, and they are not always nice things ... and be aware that spirits can lie, so take everything they say with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow you've had sleep paralysis too? It's the worse thing ever! I haven't had it in a while and I thank God for this. I've seen demons and all kinds of spirits and have been attacked by them. I believe sleep paralysis has to do with spiritual attack and not just your brain playing tricks on you. I am not sure if the experiences I mentioned are also of a spiritual nature but I wouldn't rule it out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just wanted to throw out there that we do use 100% of our brain, just not all at the same time.
Common misconception. Lucy was a good movie though!

Not sure if I'm an INFJ but I pretty much always know what people are going to say before they are going to say it. I know how situations are going to play out, my dreams often come true, and most movies/shows are way too predictable. I have a special talent where I always know straight away if two characters are going to become involved sexually/romantically (or is that something everyone can immediately tell? I dunno).

I don't think all INFJs experience what you've mentioned and I definitely don't think it's confined to INFJs, either. It's possible that it's more common in the INFJ type though

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is a very curious case. Although I've never experienced anything to that degree, it's possible that it comes from your Ni and Se working together to slow/accelerate your mind. When I zone out, I totally zone out, but time does seem to go weird. I'd say it's because you may have a much higher Se, and you "wake" yourself out of deep thought while your brain is still in its intuitive thinking mode.

As for seeing people or objects in things, this is a regular occurrence for most people, but iNtuitives may find it easier, and focusing on it may keep it in your head. I've noticed that some carpets look like they're waves of lava, slowly moving up and down. Other times, I'll see a face in a chair, but forget where it is. It's a skill well worth developing as it can present ideas and thoughts that never would have come up.

I'd definately consider researching these and how cognitive function work a bit more and tell us what you find. I'm very curious as to what may come of your study.:wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts