Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
infj philosophers like plotinus,plato, and even infj poets like Leo Tolstoy and fyodor dostoevsky and infjs in general have this spiritual quality to them . like they very holistic,alot speaks on the true inner self,like tolstoy said you are just a mirror and peoples insults are only a reflection in the mirror,that sought of thing,like ehkart tolle an infj speaks on how he found his true self,inner self,being one again,or one with the whole,infjs are very good at seeing there inner core of being,very poetic,like alot of infjs tend to follow this enlightenment were they enjoy seeing themselfs in that space,i cant explain it,but how do you guys identify with this?,i think perhaps infjs are good at understand the ego vs true self?,

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
If those people you mentioned can be considered INFJ then I would argue that all of them had the ability not just to identify their inner self but also conceptualize their opposite and by extension their Jungian shadow as well.

It can also be argued that the level of introspection of INFJ's coupled with Ni and more importantly Fe which helps understand human motivation lends quite well to the ability to separate personae and inner self.

Reactions: naren and odinthor

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If those people you mentioned can be considered INFJ then I would argue that all of them had the ability not just to identify their inner self but also conceptualize their opposite and by extension their Jungian shadow as well.

It can also be argued that the level of introspection of INFJ's coupled with Ni and more importantly Fe which helps understand human motivation lends quite well to the ability to separate personae and inner self.
hey this is what i was looking for.so tell me more about seperating persona from the self?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
hey this is what i was looking for.so tell me more about separating persona from the self?
Well I can only speak about what little I have read of those people and my own personal experiences.

The Brothers Kamarazov from Dostoevsky is a stark contrast of two modes of being. Plato's dialogue about the soul has a similar nature.

In terms of separation it simply comes down to awareness and the ability to concretize your understanding of your motivations and actions. It really comes down to what you do not what you say or feel.

This usually comes about in the form of an exercise that is always questioning one's motivations and actions and ruminating about them until such a time that you can distinguish when your actions are shaped by your persona or your true inner self.

At times there is a mix no doubt but there is a always a sharp contrast between certain aspects. In my experience it is wise to ensure that the sharp contrast isn't too far apart and one's persona is a partial reflection of one's inner self. Otherwise you can run the risk of formulating your identity based on persona and then fall into a well of despair once enough of your true self has accumulated and gone unrealized.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts