Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm thurisasTale, a quite meddlesome INFJ that has finally gotten herself to make an account here. Well, I'm actually new to the whole forum thing and hasn't really thought about making an account before. Really, it's all pretty much thanks to the fact that I think I need to talk to people about things I don't want to press my real-life friends and family with. Sorry about taking all my pent up feelings to you guys...-__-'

Either way, I'm pretty much to much of a meddler and peacekeeper in my family and the only one that can make my dad and stepmother come to an agreement most of the time. Really, I'm my whole family's personal therapist and it's driving me mad because, sure I'm studying psychology and pedagogical subjects in school but it's not like I really know what I'm doing most of the time. The only reason I don't just shut myself in my room or ignore everything is that I hate conflicts and especially so when it has to do with people I love. It also makes me mad when they start arguing in front of my little sister, which is four. It doesn't really make it easier that I'm having a lot of problems of my own, like suffering from chronic depression since I was fourteen and stuff (though I'm pretty good now I still have to take my daily happy-pills to prevent myself from going down into a dip).

Okay, either way, I guess this was quite the sad excuse for a happy Hello-here-I-am! But, yeah, I guess this is what you will get as I wanted to give you my reason for joining this site and stuff... Sorry for the ranting I guess but I think I really wanted to get this stuff off my chest as soon as possible. It's something that I learned to do after the bad phase in the depression was over: Talk, write or paint or something, anything to get it out of you. Because seriously, it helps a lot more than you'd think.

Well, anyway, I guess that I'd like someone to give me a tips or something? Maybe someone to tell me something along the lines of: Feel ya bro, let's hug or/and make pretty rainbows together and sing that I Love The World song. I don't know, just something. Even a Welcome! would be awesome. :)

(Wow, I really sound like I crave attention, don't I? Like, Come here everyone! I have cybercookies filled with weed to make you addicted! And I just write this for attention! (Which I'm not, I'd really like your responses because this is some real issue for me. Okay, I'm rambling. Just gonna post it before my mind comes up with something even more awkward...)

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings thurisasTale and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum thurisasTale. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome to PerC mate! You'll love it here. I just joined too everybody seems so nice. As INFJ's, you and I have been dealt a tough hand but I wouldn't have it any other way. To put it lightly, the world is a not very nice place sometimes and what's going on in our heads is so much more attractive than whats going right in front of us. We know how much better the world could be and thats extrememly profound because we know exactly what we ourselves should work towards. You probably already know this but us INFJ's are extremely different from the rest of the society and society sometimes reminds us that in unsavory ways. Though INFJs are a diverse lot I think we all have this connection that we're all like minded people and we're all in this together. Despite our pseudo-outsider status we have a lot to offer society and we at least have one another to guide eachother. You've definitely come to the right place because we're all basically dealing with the same things that you are. We've all come here to better ourselves, understand eachother, have fun, and bounce around some new ideas. The INFJ community here is great, you'll fit right in and I'm sure you'll find other unicorns to fart rainbows with.

As for dealing with your family, I don't know all the details but there is nothing wrong with taking a step back from it all a bit. I come from a good family but I never felt as close to them as other people do with their families so maybe its weird of me to be comfortable with stepping back from it all. You know, everybody says that "family is the most important thing blah blah blah" and maybe they're right. However, when it comes down to it the greatest common denomator in your life and most important thing will always be you. People come and go and nowadays family spreads out. You've got to do you, love yourself, and put your needs first and foremost. Doing those things is a little un-natural for people like us but you'll thank yourself a million times over for it later. You're going to know what "doing you" and "stepping back" means for yourself a lot more than I do or at the very least you're going to be much better equipped at finding out what that means. Afterall, I'm just a stranger on the other side of the world so take what I say with a grain of salt. Anyways, hopefully I didn't get more into this post than you'd appreciate (I have a habit getting way into things). Feel free to private message myself or anybody else here if you've got a problem you need help working out. Everyone is super nice here and wants to help. I hope you got something from my post and if it was only a tiny sliver of insight I'll still be happy. Anyways, good luck and cheers!

·
Registered
20 Posts
NEWBIES DETECTED !
I just joined as well, basically have 0 friends here so... *cautiously approaches*

As an INFJ, who's also a newbie in my current school, I do feel lonely sometimes. Not to mention that INFJs can't easily get along and connect with other people (or is it just me?) So was hoping to get new friends here that I can share my problems with as well :3 Your reason is pretty much like mine. Oh- and ranting is not entirely wrong, ya know ;) Don't apologize

I hope someone near you gave you a long, big hug or something, cause you definitely deserve one. Handling a troubled family and life are not simple, and for you not to give up - it's something I admire :) I hope you're doing well. I hope you're eating healthy, and get enough sleep (even though it's pretty much impossible). I hope happiness finds it's way to you. I really, really do. And I'm not saying this because it's what people commonly say to comfort others, but because I strongly feel what you've been through and I believe that each living, breathing human should spend the rest of their lives accompanied by laughter and joy. Including you!

P.S. : Sorry for any grammatical mistakes! AND WELCOMEEEEE

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi there, welcome to the forum! I'm also new here but, man, I'm really sorry to hear about all the stress in your life. But luckily, if talking about it makes you feel better then there's plenty of people here who will gladly hear you out. I've been depressed and anxious as hell myself since I was fourteen but so, even if you can't find anybody else who will listen I'll gladly hear you out. Sorry if that came across as weird or rambly, I wish you the best of luck!

·
Registered
154 Posts
As a fellow INFJ who has been pushed into the family counselor rôle more than I care to admit and has struggled with depression for years...

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro-l-877-9359.jpg

Huggles will be dispensed upon request. :tongue:

Welcome to the forums, though! I suspect that you will find plenty of interesting and engaging folks here, and if you don't mind my saying, you sound like a fun person to get to know. You ought to pop into the INFJ forum if you haven't already, we're all pretty fun people. :proud:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts