Personality Cafe banner

21981 - 22000 of 37079 Posts

·
Banned
3,328 Posts
My laptop has been broken for a couple of weeks now, so I almost feel out of the loop.

Here we go again! :proud:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Musing of the day: as someone that uses PerC, Twitter and LinkedIn I frequently see lonely people online that seek nothing more than a voice, identity or attention, does nobody seem to notice that anonymity and 'presence' add to feelings of isolation and loneliness rather than curing/eradicating the basic human need for connection and companionship?

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
Alienware peeps are being very apologetic and promising a power cord now. Will believe it when I see it. I'm not answering them now, unless they ask a direct question of me. I'll only be contacting them if I have to send another profanity laced email cuz they've fucked something else up.

I really do need to get to be earlier in the morning. I got to bed late today (not but much, but still) and then I woke up too early on top of that... so now I'm tired which is a shit way to start the night. I'll have a lie about here in a bit... maybe catch a few winks or if nothing else... just chill and be warm.

Supposed to snow again tonight. :dry:

Not much, but still. Gross. And it's cold. I'm quite done with winter now, thanks.

The boy paid me some of the money he owes me for his airline tix from vacation. He paid half some time ago, in one big lump... but he still owes me the other half. Well... most of the other half now, as it were. He said he'd probably get the rest of it (nearly $1000) probably pretty soon as he'd sold a gun and was waiting on payment for that, which would then be my payment.

Excellent. Not that it matters, really. I mean, I want my money back obviously... and I trust him to pay it back. (Not that I'd let him forget anyway, but he's not the kind of kid that'd blow you off like that anyway.) It doesn't matter because that money is long gone. Nearly a year gone already. I wasn't budgeted for the blow of having to buy his tix too at the time, but... I long ago recovered and the money is... well, not missed.

Still nice to get it back, though. My future dragon needs a house, after all. That's the biggest expense and I've been waiting a bit to get it... I may be able to do that soon. I've already gotten some stuff for inside his house. Buying bits and pieces as I happen to hit the pet stores for supplies for the other critters that live here. Far less taxing on one's pocket book to do it that way. And... the house will be all set up and ready to go before I even think of getting the dragon home.

I want to make sure everything is going good with the house before I bring a dragon home as I don't want to kill it straight away or something like that. It's cold down here... and a dragon needs warm... so I'll have to be sure I can keep the house warm enough and make adjustments to ensure that. All of that before the dragon moves in.

So, yeah. I won't have time to get his house this weekend most likely. Maybe next weekend though.

It's the bottom slide to the weekend now. Yay! Our population at work is extremely low... though my unit holds 1/3 of the facilities entire population, which brings me no happiness. Especially since the majority of that population is now female and we all know how I feel about female inmates. :dry:

I should be down to only two males by the time I return tonight. Not sure why the population is so low, but we've even closed units because there aren't any inmates to house in those areas. Crazy shit.

All in all, it should be an easy night. Just play my games and chill. Read that book in the between. Go home. Yay.

I gotta see about taking some Sunday nights off soon... just a couple in a row maybe. Ben wants the hours now that he's been fired from full time but allowed to stay on part time. (I have no idea... fucking admin, though.) Not gonna do anything till probably February, though. I got training coming up here in a bit and then I have a three day weekend already the first week of February... but maybe after that. Or early March. Or something. I dunno.

Ben wants hours and I wanna stay home. I think we can help each other out. Just a matter of sussing out when and all that.

Well... time for me to go have a lie about, cuz I'm cold now. See what's on the tv. Probably nothing much, but I hope to nap through whatever I find anyway, so it's all good!

·
Registered
512 Posts
It all start to make a little bit more sense now.
like a puzzle on which I was unconsciously stuck; but I found another piece.
How could I've missed that piece.
How could Jung have missed that piece. It changes everything what we know about dreaming.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Had a great sleep last night thanks to a sleeping pill. I don't want to get hooked or for them to lose effectiveness, so I pick my spots. About 2 a month. I remember the good old days when I could sleep like a baby except for the morning wood.. Now, I sleep like shit and wake up with stiffness in my joints.

Shift work and the 40's. Do not want!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Having the realization that I can choose to not be angry is nice.
I was thinking along these same lines today. If I get rid of negative thoughts, then there is more room for positive ones :D

-----

I'm also going to call up my friend that I haven't seen in a year and a half. So excited:)

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Musing of the day: as someone that uses PerC, Twitter and LinkedIn I frequently see lonely people online that seek nothing more than a voice, identity or attention, does nobody seem to notice that anonymity and 'presence' add to feelings of isolation and loneliness rather than curing/eradicating the basic human need for connection and companionship?

Yes, I see it quite clearly.

~~~

War, I agree 1000%! Questions, answers, dialogue, research, rinse, repeat. No reason for people to get their panties in a wad or boxers in a bunch as the case may be. :wink: (For the record, I'm referring specifically to the post regarding conversations on religion, politics, etc.)

I have a cousin and she and I vehemently disagree on politics. She bashes, and is honestly mean about it. I had the misfortune of merely asking her to calm her criticisms and not use vulgar language and she got terribly ANGRY at me. :angry:

In retrospect it's quite humorous. :laughing:

(There I go again finding something quite funny that is probably inappropriate! hahaha)

~~~

I have some good news on the "a" word. I completed the portion of the prep that causes me the most distress. All that's left is compilation of spreadsheets into files. HALLELUJAH!!!!

Which translates to I'm about 70% complete now. Enough, that was too much "a" talk!

~~~

Tomorrow night I think I'll paint a bit on the Eiffel Tower and see where it goes. Maybe I'll accidentally paint something abstract! :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
The normal ride down the escalator wasn't so normal this time.

This big lady in front of me with her grocery cart tripped during the short jaunt just before the mouth. You know, when you were a kid and if you had a childhood, you'd pretend to jump over it before the jagged thing pulls the strings off your clothes and eat you up...
(See, I still identify with that fear just a tiny little.)

I weigh nothing more than a stick and having only the experience of carrying dumbbells of 3 kg, my struggle in pulling the poor old lady up was UNREAL. My imagination went wild, I swear we were going to flip and flop and the rest of the people behind me would have crushed us to our graves. For some weird reason, I actually end up pulling her the last second. Sorry to say, but really, there goes my workout for the month :sick:

I got my offer from a university to do Psychology, yay! :laughing:

Tomorrow night I think I'll paint a bit on the Eiffel Tower and see where it goes. Maybe I'll accidentally paint something abstract! :laughing: :laughing:
My better artworks are mostly improv accidental :laughing:

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
The normal ride down the escalator wasn't so normal this time.

This big lady in front of me with her grocery cart tripped during the short jaunt just before the mouth. You know, when you were a kid and if you had a childhood, you'd pretend to jump over it before the jagged thing pulls the strings off your clothes and eat you up...
(See, I still identify with that fear just a tiny little.)

I weigh nothing more than a stick and having only the experience of carrying dumbbells of 3 kg, my struggle in pulling the poor old lady up was UNREAL. My imagination went wild, I swear we were going to flip and flop and the rest of the people behind me would have crushed us to our graves. For some weird reason, I actually end up pulling her the last second. Sorry to say, but really, there goes my workout for the month :sick:
Ugh. I have that strange leftover childhood dislike of escalators. I blame X-Files for that one.

I got my offer from a university to do Psychology, yay! :laughing:
Woohoo! Congrats :cheers2: Sounds like a brilliant fit for an INFJ.

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
Me in my tighty whities no less! :laughing:

War, I agree 1000%! Questions, answers, dialogue, research, rinse, repeat. No reason for people to get their panties in a wad or boxers in a bunch as the case may be. :wink: (For the record, I'm referring specifically to the post regarding conversations on religion, politics, etc.)

I have a cousin and she and I vehemently disagree on politics. She bashes, and is honestly mean about it. I had the misfortune of merely asking her to calm her criticisms and not use vulgar language and she got terribly ANGRY at me. :angry:

In retrospect it's quite humorous. :laughing:

(There I go again finding something quite funny that is probably inappropriate! hahaha)
Drives me crazy, honestly. And here I am... a little blue spec in a big red sea here. Makes talking politics (or even religion) a very tricky proposition. People are wholly unreasonable and lose their ever loving minds if you dare question them or not tow that particular line, whatever that particular line may be.

I don't get it honestly. You don't have to agree, but you don't have to be a dick about it either.

I tend to not discuss politics at all. It's just too... inflammatory most of the time. Religion is a bit different. Politics, people will actually attack you and be exceptionally foul. With religion, it's just the usual screeching of HEATHEN!:laughing: and that's about it.

Ugh. I have that strange leftover childhood dislike of escalators. I blame X-Files for that one.
Eugene Victor Tooms. Creepy little fucker.

~~~

Came home early. 1) We had an abundance of people. 2) I got really sleepy and then my brain started to hurt. So... fuck it. Came home 2.5 hrs early. Going to head off to bed early. Get some extra sleep. I certainly didn't get enough of that yesterday. I think between the lack of sleep and the weather (a nifty front rolling through) is trying to set off a migraine. Something I neither want or need. So... I'll pack it in shortly, go take some drugs and go nighty night.

And tomorrow's the end of the work week. Huzzah!

Taking mom out for chow tomorrow night and then stopping by my buddy's house to see his new puppy. My mom wants to see the new puppy really badly... so my friend said it'd be cool to stop by for a while so my mom can get her puppy fix. Of course, I wanna see the puppy, too. Love puppies... puppy breath... all that fun stuff.

No snow yet. It's supposed to do so, though. Fucking weather. :dry: At least it's not stupid cold outside. Cold... just not stupid cold. Tolerable cold I can deal with... stupid cold? Not so much. Well... I can, but I don't wanna.

Ok. I guess I should be on my way to bed. Been home an hour already (had to eat... was starving!) and here I sit wasting my precious extra sleeping time! Silly lad.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
warweasel said:
Drives me crazy, honestly. And here I am... a little blue spec in a big red sea here. Makes talking politics (or even religion) a very tricky proposition. People are wholly unreasonable and lose their ever loving minds if you dare question them or not tow that particular line, whatever that particular line may be.

I don't get it honestly. You don't have to agree, but you don't have to be a dick about it either.

I tend to not discuss politics at all. It's just too... inflammatory most of the time. Religion is a bit different. Politics, people will actually attack you and be exceptionally foul. With religion, it's just the usual screeching of HEATHEN!:laughing: and that's about it.
This all sounds very familiar. A majority of people here simply vote out of party loyalty, which is usually a result of birth. At the local level, both parties can only recruit the least capable and most corrupt town citizens to run for public office.

I actually find most religious people are open to some form of debate. Some are too astonished at finding an nonbeliever to respond angrily. The heated debates are among the religious. The churches here always separating into separate churches over small conflicts, thus eroding their power base. Unfortunately, a few churches are like personality cults.
No snow yet. It's supposed to do so, though. Fucking weather. :dry: At least it's not stupid cold outside. Cold... just not stupid cold. Tolerable cold I can deal with... stupid cold? Not so much. Well... I can, but I don't wanna.
We are supposed have 14 inches (35 cm) on the ground here by tomorrow evening. The 40+mph winds are just an added bonus. Unfortunately, I waited until today to do some grocery shopping. I'm sure it will be chaos. While everyone is grabbing bread and milk, I will be grabbing beer and chips.:laughing:

21981 - 22000 of 37079 Posts