Personality Cafe banner

22021 - 22040 of 37195 Posts

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
I am a feeler. How long will it actually take for me to really understand that? How long will it take for me to stop trying to find the rational inspiration and use it to rule emotions?

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I am a feeler. How long will it actually take for me to really understand that? How long will it take for me to stop trying to find the rational inspiration and use it to rule emotions?
One of my goals on 2016 it's starting to hear my heart instead of locking myself in my head and running in circles.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
My power cord for the laptop came today. The correct one even. May wonders never cease. So... that's good. I have already been playing Cities Skyline on the thing. I'll have to dl more of my Steam games, though... at least the ones I prefer to play the most.

I also bought my future dragon's home today. Decided on a slightly smaller house than I had originally picked out. Reading the sizes of the habitats is one thing, seeing them in person is another all together. I think the size I got will be just perfect... the other size would've been good too... probably much larger than it needed to be, though. I think this size will be more suitable and it fits where I wanted it to go quite nicely.

Took mom out to chow after that and then stopped by my friend's house so my mom could see his new puppy. I really needed to get batteries too (the remote for the tv in my bedroom is dead as hell) but decided not to stop and do that today. I might get them tomorrow on my way to RN's...

It's 7p and I feel like going to bed already. Probably a good thing I went back to sleep after waking up at 0430 this morning, or I'd probably be passed out cold on the couch right now. As it is, I'm moderately tired... but probably won't go to bed for a while.

I've got to get some more decor for the dragon's house. I have a log bit and a fake climbing vine thing in there... plus food & water dishes... that's it. Need some hidey spots and some fake plants and shit. Make it look nice. Then it will be time to find just the right dragon. That's a bit off, though. Right now? Making the perfect house.

Ok... think I'm going to go play me some Cities Skylines whilst watching something on the tv and lying about on the couch like a slug. Cuz I can do that now. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Ok... think I'm going to go play me some Cities Skylines whilst watching something on the tv and lying about on the couch like a slug. Cuz I can do that now. :tongue:
As someone who hates snow, how do you feel about the new snow update coming later this year?:laughing: The trams will be a welcome addition.

Reactions: warweasel

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #22,028
Part 4:

The man walked forward, unsure of where he was headed until his face hit the wall and he hit the floor. He got up and reached out, feeling the wall and the cracks that were in it. Was he already in the labyrinth, or does he need to find the entrance? Which direction, right or left? He decided to hug the left side of the wall, walking right, until he came across a corner. Uncertain if changing directions would help, he decided to press on the same way he chose at the beginning.

After a bit of wandering through the darkness, though, he began to hear a voice telling him to follow it. Thinking it was something that would help lead him out, he began to follow it. Around corners and long halls he progressed until the voice had led him to a dead end. Something latched on refusing to let go no matter how much he shook about. Figuring he was just wasting his energy trying, the man decided to press on and go back to hugging the left wall. He refused to let one mistake stop him.

Then he heard it again. Could it be real this time? Foolishly, he decided to follow it again. Twists and turns led him to another dead end where the same thing happened. Again and again he would make this mistake as he was being weighed down. Then another voice called out. Could this be it? Please, anything to get me out of this maze! It was to no avail, as again he took on another burden. It was around 30 steps through the labyrinth that he succumbed to the weight and collapsed out of exhaustion.

But then, something peculiar happened. That presence that was there before could be felt again, even though it was unseen. The man closed his eyes, and rested. When he woke up, there was nothing around him. He was dead center in the middle of the labyrinth surrounded by 4 torches and the weight that was on him was gone. Confused, cold, alone, and afraid, the man sat there feeling trapped. He felt that no matter what direction he took he would end up lost again. Then, just as he was at his lowest, a voice he had not heard before began to speak.

"It is all an illusion. The only path...... is forward."

The man began to cry. He felt as though the words were another lie, so for a long time he sat there. Could hours have passed? Days? Weeks before the day he moved again? Nobody knows, but after long enough he decided to get back up. Maybe he should heed those words. The man felt a burning sensation in him as his battered body began to take one step, then another, and then another in the only direction he knew anymore: forward. He walked in front of him and came up to a wall. He put his hands on it, pushing, until it fell down. He did the same through every wall that was in his way. Pushing and pushing, he eventually ran out of walls. The only thing that lay before him was another door, light seeping through in its familiar way. With one last step, he moved forward as he pushed on the door, opening it. He went through to a room where the floor looked like water.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Haha @warweasel I can't seem to play Skylines really. Too perfectionistic so get annoyed by the need to unlock through those levels but also hate to disable normal gameplay. Guess I just go back to Caesar III because well I'm pretty much perfect in that:

''I've heard there are jobs here. I want to be a lion tamer!''

Really this is the game that made me proficient in English, searching all kinds of words when I was about 10 years old like prosperity and what else is important in life.

Well leaving this place again since there is ''No sign of crime around here''.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I could watch the 'Still Alice' final scene a hundred more times...

Actual Spoiler

“I dreamed we were there. The plane left the tropopause, the safe air, and attained the outer rim, the ozone, which was ragged and torn, patches of it thread-bare as old cheesecloth, and that was frightening…

But I saw something only I could see, because of my astonishing ability to see such things:
Souls were rising, from the earth far below, souls of the dead, of people who had perished, from famine, from war, from the plague, and they floated up, like skydivers in reverse, limbs all akimbo, wheeling and spinning. And the souls of these departed joined hands, clasped ankles and formed a web, a great net of souls, and the souls were three-atom oxygen molecules, of the stuff of ozone, and the outer rim absorbed them, and was repaired.

Nothing’s lost forever. In this world, there is a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we’ve left behind, and dreaming ahead.
At least I think that’s so.

—Tony Kushner

·
SAY MY NAME
8,468 Posts
This is a fucking awesome S15. Why is it that West Straiya has all the best cars?

s15 6 speed | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Wanneroo Area - Ridgewood | 1100690723

I spun out in the wet the other day on Camden Valley Way, it felt like I was driving with the LSD adjusted to deliver max initial torque and acceleration sensitivity to the rear wheels (which is what you do if you want to set up a car for drift driving/gymkhana). But I don't have an LSD, and as far as I am aware those figures should be no different to the ordinary settings for an RWD drivetrain. So the next morning I decided to take a look at my tires, see what's up. And I discovered... this!

Crazy ass camber wear! The front two tyres and the driver's side rear tyre are totally bald on the inner ring, not so much as a millimetre of tread. In places there's so little rubber left I could feel the steel radial when I ran my fingers along the worn edge. Somehow, the passenger side rear tyre has very little camber wear compared to the others. There's still tread on them, for starters.

So I'm going to get a new set, a primo set of tyres. I got these current ones on the cheap, and they're those shitty made in China ones which are like plastic. Well now it's time to shell out for some good ones drool.gif

@%1;

·
Registered
266 Posts
Lol recently I've being thinking a lot about how and why I am an INFJ when my family are all TJs??
I feel like the ugly duck :dry:

Reactions: warweasel

·
Registered
24,003 Posts
That feel when someone implies you're not important enough for anyone to care. t.t

·
нånD gяênåDê
3,421 Posts
Y'all make me seriously want a home gaming console. Me only has a non-XL 3DS, and it doesn't seem immersive enough for me.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Honestly, I feel like I'm being pulled in two different directions. I need peace of mind. I need things to slow down.

It's also frustrating when you start to trust someone just enough, but when you're finally vulnerable and open with them, you realize maybe you can't lean on them. I want to be open and not be judged. I want to not feel guilty. I want support. I feel like my fight or flight response has been activated. It's probably not good to be making decisions in this state . . .
Need to take a couple of deep breaths.
Wish I could nap away all the stress instead of this aching feeling of tears that won't fall.

22021 - 22040 of 37195 Posts