Personality Cafe banner

27981 - 28000 of 37076 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Google Calendar reminding me 35 minutes after an event started. Ended up missing psychotherapy. :dry:

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮INFJ 666 sx/sp🇺🇸💃🏻💋
2,628 Posts
Going through old videos, and OMG I hate the sound of my own voice. It's weird as hell hearing it from the other side.

My mom took and had all of my old theater and chorus performances transferred from VHS to DVD.

There's some great ones in there and there's some that I want to never see the light of day.
My husband wants to have family movie night, starring Me as a teen.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Its cool you like the concept of watching other people game though. Like when people ask me if I watch anything on TV, I'd be like 'no.' And I feel sort of unsure about explaining that I do actually watch stuff, just that it's watching other people game that interests me nowadays. Since you watch Twitch, I know you get it, how it can be really entertaining to watch broadcasts of gaming. It's a skill thing for me. I'm just blown away by how good the pro's are at these games!

My favourite Twitch channels are MembTV (crazy Spanish guy, mostly broadcasts but also occasionally plays Age of Empires II - he's an elite ranked player but is semi-retired now and just prefers streaming and commentating on other elite games and tournaments; his enthusiasm for the game is infectious and endearing) and Legend of Total War (a self-described short tempered, foul mouthed Australian, who is probably the best player of the Total War games of all time; his obvious skill and his often comical fits of angry swearing also makes his channel highly entertaining).
Yesss I was with my friends last weekend and one of them was waiting in the car with me and I turned on a stream and she said, "Are you watching people play games right now?" I said yea. She thought it was fascinating because her boyfriend does the same lol. I grew up watching my brother play games ALL the time (and in my room :rolleyes:) so it's like being a kid again. You should check out CDNThe3rd when he gets on. He's super funny and all about being positive. He's pretty much my favorite.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Every INFJ (or everybody in general xd) SHOULD watch the film "About time". It's not about romance, I would say that it's just a little part. This film is much more than just a typical romantic movie. It makes me happy, it makes me feel hopeful. IT'S A INCREDIBLE MOVIE that makes me cry, in a sad but happy way.
I...I just recommend it A LOT LOT LOT.

·
Banned
3,328 Posts
Apparently today was "say whatever pops into my head" day for my ESTP coworker.

ESTP: "Did you know that more Chinese people died in WWII than Jews?"
Me:" ... No?"
ESTP: "You know how Europeans have 'universal healthcare.' They actually don't. You pay the government, then you pay the doctor to see you first."
Me: "Still sounds preferable to being 80k in debt because of some broken limbs, but maybe that's just me."
ESTP: "You know I hit a deer once and it cost me $40,000?"
Me: "... Why?"
ESTP: "I killed it with my face. Had to get my face fixed."
Me: "Are you trying to tell me that you headbutt a deer to death?"
ESTP: "Yes! I have pictures!"
[proceeds to show me pictures on his phone]
ESTP: "It ran through my windshield and hit me in the face."
Me: "That's a tad different from what you just described, but okay."

Some time passes...

ESTP: "What's that song? The one that's like 'NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA, COCAINE!'"
Me: "Maybe if you give me an even vaguer hint I can figure it out for you."
[proceeds to repeat this song over, and over]

At least life isn't dull.

·
Banned
3,328 Posts
My Mom is an ESTP. Every day is "say whatever pops into her head" day. I'm exhausted within 5 minutes of being around her...
:laughing: Oh dear. For me it's a mixture of exhaustion (if I'm exposed to it for too long) and amusement. I'm kind of amazed at the information fountain that bursts out of them.

·
Banned
1,723 Posts
I keep sinking into the silence no matter how loud the world is.

Sometimes out there I feel like a whole different person.

And still I know I am both of them.

It started when you were gone. After you disappeared I have been afraid of going home. And that was a long time ago. I started to sink into the world the way I once sink into you. Now it would be impossible to be there for you anymore. Even if you were somewhere to be found.

I never saw your body and still I have buried you so many times. But only because you needed to go to the same grave with my old self. I could not live with our ghosts walking around. I know you didn't expect that. That might be the first thing to ever suprise you.

But there was nothing pretty about your death. Only pain and desperation. Anxious times.

And still it's nothing compared to what you must have felt. That's the untold part of sad stories - those who write them are always the lucky ones. Those you don't write anymore are the ones I feel sorry about.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Apparently today was "say whatever pops into my head" day for my ESTP coworker.

ESTP: "Did you know that more Chinese people died in WWII than Jews?"
Me:" ... No?"
ESTP: "You know how Europeans have 'universal healthcare.' They actually don't. You pay the government, then you pay the doctor to see you first."
Me: "Still sounds preferable to being 80k in debt because of some broken limbs, but maybe that's just me."
ESTP: "You know I hit a deer once and it cost me $40,000?"
Me: "... Why?"
ESTP: "I killed it with my face. Had to get my face fixed."
Me: "Are you trying to tell me that you headbutt a deer to death?"
ESTP: "Yes! I have pictures!"
[proceeds to show me pictures on his phone]
ESTP: "It ran through my windshield and hit me in the face."
Me: "That's a tad different from what you just described, but okay."

Some time passes...

ESTP: "What's that song? The one that's like 'NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA, COCAINE!'"
Me: "Maybe if you give me an even vaguer hint I can figure it out for you."
[proceeds to repeat this song over, and over]

At least life isn't dull.

Was it this song? The only ESTP that I know that I know is my brother-in-law. He's very similar to how you described. :laughing:

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I'm pretty sure Lord Dampnut is digging his hole deeper still... I just don't have the energy to see what the asshat was about today. It's tiresome trying to keep a handle on it.

The people trying to defend him are also quite tiring.

There are more nazis losing their jobs over Charlottsville...

And there's this fucktard nazi who's now scared for his life. (Despite the fact that he say We're not non violent... we'll kill people if we have to)... but now he's scared and people are "ruining his life"... his "enemies" are trying to ruin his life.

Makes me wanna cry big fat tears. :rolleyes:

Shit... closed the article before I put in the link. Anyway... the nazi I was talking about is featured or somewhat featured in a short HBO doco about Charlottsville. I'll find it if I can... I'm not that motivated at the moment.

I'm not sure if this is the entire doco or not, but it's over 20 mins worth. And this Christopher Cantwell is the now scared nazi.

I finished those two books... the first two of the Monument 14 trilogy. I finished the 1st book and the 2nd book before work was even done. As I said, they're very easy reads and when I'm not interrupted a half a billion times I can get through a whole book pretty damn easily. Especially a young reader's book.

It was... meh. There's just too much suspension of belief for me... The concept is somewhat interesting, I suppose. But there was just a lot of... that makes no sense kinda stuff going on. I'm sure kids would probably really like it, though, since all the main players are kids and what not.

I'll look and see if they have the 3rd book tonight. If they do, I'll read it. What the hell. I'm already two books in, right? Might as well finish it out. Of course, if they don't have the last book I'll not care. As far as I'm concerned, it probably shoulda ended at the end of book 2... the loose ends weren't that loose and there was no need to tie them up. Not in a post apocalyptic setting.

It was a nice, peaceful night for me. Sitting about doing fuck all. Tonight? Who the hell knows. Like as not I'll be sitting on the unit helping with 4" suicide watch. At least it won't be me getting up and down all night long. It had better not be me, at least. I think I've done more than my fair share of that nonsense already.

We'll see about what this weekend brings. Supposed to be good swimming weather, so perhaps we'll head to RN's... she suggested as much earlier in the week, but I've heard naught from her since. But that happens... no big dealio. And even if I don't go, I'll still have the weekend to do some stuff.

I'm thinking if I don't go over there, that I should grill up the corn in the freezer. Our neighbor gave us sweet corn a couple weeks ago. Wrap that shit in some bacon... and grill it up... that would be yummy, eh? Maybe have ribs with it. That would be delicious. We'll see what happens when the weekend gets here, I guess.

Either way, it should be a good weekend. All weekends are good, aren't they?

Next weekend starts the football season for high school. I'll have a three day weekend. Friday shooting the game, Saturday going to a concernt... and then I'll still have Sunday. Huzzah! That's good times. And there'll be a few more of those lovely 3 day weekends coming up, as well. I'm not sure if I have two in a week just yet or not. Probably should mark that shit down on a calendar, eh? So I have something to look forward to, yeah?

Well... got about a half hour before I needs to be off. Going to work on editing some more photos!

Be good, minions.

·
Banned
619 Posts
And there's this fucktard nazi who's now scared for his life. (Despite the fact that he say We're not non violent... we'll kill people if we have to)
Seeing a group of (young) males attack others always reminds me of this.

In Collapse, Jared Diamond explains that one of the methods the Pacific Ocean island society of Tikopia traditionally employed to avoid overpopulation was to periodically - when there were too many of them - force a number of their own to leave the island in canoes. Because of the dangerous seas surrounding the island, this was often a death sentence.

Those forced to leave were typically young males - the most aggressive and volatile force in the society, most likely to cause trouble.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yesss I was with my friends last weekend and one of them was waiting in the car with me and I turned on a stream and she said, "Are you watching people play games right now?" I said yea. She thought it was fascinating because her boyfriend does the same lol. I grew up watching my brother play games ALL the time (and in my room :rolleyes:) so it's like being a kid again. You should check out CDNThe3rd when he gets on. He's super funny and all about being positive. He's pretty much my favorite.
Holy crap, I didn't think that might be an INFJ thing, I love watching people game! Freaking same! I grew up watching my older brother play all manner of games, even falling asleep to him playing tf2 or dota (we had a small apartment). The sound of mechanical keyboards and the subtle like... Intakes of breath and mumbled curses is like a lullaby to me. I love playing games, sure, but I almost always have some stream or youtube video going at the same time. I like seeing how impressive people are at games, but also their reactions.

·
Banned
3,328 Posts

Was it this song? The only ESTP that I know that I know is my brother-in-law. He's very similar to how you described. :laughing:
Hahahaa, I think this was actually it!

Coincidentally enough, I have an ESTP brother-in-law as well. I used to hate his guts when he was dating my sister (ISTJ -- go figure), but he's grown on me. I think he was the one who taught me what to expect from ESTPs. :laughing:

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
Yesterday I learned that regular smoke detectors are ineffective 55.8% of the time which I found to be alarming (pun intended). It's because smoldering fires create bigger particles which normal smoke detectors aren't designed to detect (they only detect smaller particles).

All this managed to re-awaken my childhood fear of house fires. I had never been in a house fire or a fire of any sort but I used to believe when I was little that house fires happen spontaneously (like a tornado or something) and there's nothing you can do to prevent them. It would keep me awake at night. As I got older, apparently I developed a false sense of security in these cheap smoke detectors. So we got top of the line smoke detectors that actually work. So my childhood fear was re-awakened and put to bed all in one day. It was pricey but I think it's worth the investment because you can't really put a price on safety (says the type 6).

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮INFJ 666 sx/sp🇺🇸💃🏻💋
2,628 Posts
There was a rattle snake off our side yard today.
A neighbor managed to kill it, but I'm pretty much done with hot weather and creepy crawlies. But we are suppose to have a hot fall.

Speaking for creepy crawlies, a neo Nazi group was distributing fliers in local neighborhoods and sticking them on cars in parking lots.

Buying a deserted island in the Caribbean is sounding more and more promising.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Holy crap, I didn't think that might be an INFJ thing, I love watching people game! Freaking same! I grew up watching my older brother play all manner of games, even falling asleep to him playing tf2 or dota (we had a small apartment). The sound of mechanical keyboards and the subtle like... Intakes of breath and mumbled curses is like a lullaby to me. I love playing games, sure, but I almost always have some stream or youtube video going at the same time. I like seeing how impressive people are at games, but also their reactions.
I actually know a girl who may be INFJ who said the exact same thing. She used to watch her older sister play games all the time. When I told her about Twitch she was so excited lol.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Well, howdy... Steve Bannon is out of the White House. I believe that's everyone from the original party gone... but for Lord Dampnut and Pence. Been in office 7 months and... yeah.

I think the problem, besides Dampnut being a blazing moron, is that he doesn't really want the job of President. Title? Title of President of the United States? Yes... he wants that. To actually be the President of the United States? No... he doesn't want that. It's just too much of a hassle.

There is some banter that he's getting ready to resign. I'm not sure if that'd surprise me or not. On one hand, as I said, he doesn't want the job. The job is a tedious job for grown ups. However... the job is power. Though I'm about 110% certain he doesn't want the job, I'm also about 110% he doesn't want to give up the power.

That's a bit of a quandry, isn't it?

There was a house that exploded in the city a while back (earlier this week or late last, don't recall), that completely leveled the house and severely damaged multiple other homes in the area. The two parties in the house, were blown out of the house... and are suffering severe burns over 100% of their bodies. Pretty crazy shit.

Was talking to a cop last night at work and she said that the investigation into the explosion was now a criminal investigation. It was natural gas, but... the wife had filed for divorce (after 45 yrs of marriage) and there was "a shit load of accelerant" in the house. The suspect the wife was held there against her will whilst the house filled with natural gas... then KABOOM.

Murder/suicide. But... the both survived. Well... so far. Alex's wife has a client who works the burn unit at one of the local hospitals and she was told that there was little chance these people would survive their wounds. They're older (mid to late 60s) and severely burned through out.

So... now you got someone who's fucked with their lives, their families lives, their friends lives and a good many neighbor's lives... all because you were unhappy about getting a divorce? Seriously, dude. The fuck. Just fucking... shoot them and yourself. Still fucks with the family and friends, but leaves the damn neighborhood outta it.

Guessing... he wanted it to be seen as an accident. For insurance purposes, perhaps? I dunno. That bit hasn't hit the press yet... well, any of that, not even the murder/suicide bit. Us at work... hell, even my mom, suspected such... but, yeah. Crazy shit.

Last night was easy enough. The shut down half of the unit I work... move the 3 of 4 boys from that unit over to max and just closed that half of mine. Helps with staffing on day shifts. 4" suicide watch girl and 14 yr old angry attack every girl were both to leave today... so hopefully, they did. Both a wonderful losses for the facility. Or as Alex said last night Tomorrow night will be like Christmas! :tongue:

Me and Alex were secondaries... since there was no 2nd half of the unit, Mary didn't need anyone's help. I hung out in booking and talked to that cop for a while (me and Alex both... and Sam, too, once in a while)... probation was interviewing a female to see if she was going to be booked into our facility, taken to a shelter or other placement, or returned home. This process took about 1.5 hours or maybe a bit longer than that, actually. (The cop returned the girl back home after talking to the parents)

I had to "deep clean" the booking area, so I sorta did that after the area was clear of other human beings. By sorta I mean... I'm not a fucking janitor... so I wiped things down, swept a bit and called it good. Alex had "deep cleaning", too. As we were leaving, by his conversation, I gathered his deep cleaning was about as thorough as mine.

All this because the building is a fucking sty and there's an inspection in two weeks. :rolleyes:

I watched a little tv, hung out with Rita for a while... hung out with Alex for a while... went outside for a while... and then it was time to go home. Easy peasey lemon squeezy. And the night went by fast. Hoping for more of the same for tonight. Perhaps without the deep cleaning nonsense. If there's not much to do... I may just hang outside most of the night. Until the bugs start to annoy me, anyway.

I was reading on one of the local forums... a frequent and bigoted poster there today proclaimed that, as far as he was concerned there are no minorities except Native Americans. For some reason, he's not biased against them. Also, I don't think he understands the definition of "minority".

Minority; A part of the population differing from others in some characteristics and often subjected to differential treatment. Also, the smaller in number of two groups representing a whole.

According to the 2010 Census the population of these United States is 63.7% white, 16.3% Hispanic or Latino, 12.2% black or African American, 4.7% Asian, 1.9% mixed race, 0.7% Native American or Native Alaskan, 0.2% some other race, 0.15% Hawaiian or Pacific Islander.

Hmmmmmm... nope. Don't see a single "minority" there. Nope. :rolleyes:

Guess you gotta tell yourself something to justify your bigotry... right?

Here's that Christopher Cantwell nazi fucktard dude. During Charlottsville when he was talking all manner of racist shit and after, when he's crying like a little bitch.

I find this rather amusing, to be quite honest. I think this nazi fucktard expected more white folks to be on his side, for some reason... and it's not turned out quite the way he thought it would. And now there seem to be consequences for his nazi bullshit. And that makes him very sad and cry big ol' nazi fucktard tears.

I'm glad the weekend is almost upon us. I'm ready for the weekend. More ready for next weekend's three day excellence, but I'll take whatever I can get right now. Tonight should go quickly and happily... or at least tolerably... and then, off into the sunset.

Napping and gaming and maybe swimming and totally not being at work.

Not being at work is the important bit, of course. Anything but that.

My bil got rear ended on the way home from work. Didn't hurt his truck much, cuz it's a truck. Dunno how it's going to effect him. He has a fused cervical spine (broke his c-spine in a car accident when he was a teenager... broke the spine, didn't injure the spinal cord) and horribly bad back... it doesn't take much to put him out for two or three weeks. I hope that doesn't happen... it's tough on them financially if he can't work because of his back.

Well... 'bout time for me to fly.

I'll leave you with this, though. Step up and be a part of the solution. If you're standing around gawking, filming or just doing nothing, you are a part of the problem. (The man who intervened here was later recognized by the community.)

27981 - 28000 of 37076 Posts