Personality Cafe banner

28001 - 28020 of 37195 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feel like I have a large amount of self control/self discipline e.g - gym, diet, sleep but I am so uptight I can't seem to relax and let loose once in a while.. everything seems to have to be so serious otherwise it's as if it's not worthy of my time...

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮INFJ 666 sx/sp🇺🇸💃🏻💋
2,705 Posts
I can't sleep.
I have a lot of nervous energy.

My husband is looking for a new job, so I'm about 90 percent certain that means relocating. I'd hoped that he'd get a job here, but it's not looking that way. He got a call from a place close. but it's on the other side of the city, so I'd not want him to have to make that hellish commute everyday. So, either way we are going to have to move, which sucks ass. Moving across town is easier than across state or even out of state.
But he's made it through the 3rd round of interviews, so fingers crossed.

We need to downsize anyway, because our house is too damn big.

So much going on, and so many things up in the air. And I'm such a control freak that I HATE the unknown. I need to plan and organize and strategize. So, I'm trying to focus on one thing at a time, and that's cleaning out all of the junk we've managed to accumulate over the past few years and stage our house to put on the market.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Well, Saturday's about done, innit?

I tried, tried, tried to get up early after only a wee bit of sleep. Didn't work, but I did try. I absolutely hate sleeping through the majority of Saturday. It's quite annoying. I even came home early, went to bed early, fell asleep quickly (which surprised me as I didn't think I was that tired) and all that... and I set my alarm for 4.5 hrs of sleep. Didn't happen. Set it for 5.5 hrs... also didn't happen. Got that straight 8 in though... and would've slept longer had mom not woke me to go to chow.

Oh well.

RN once again texted me when she knows I'm sleeping to ask me if I wanted to go to a food thing that's happening locally. Well... no. Even if I had been awake, I wouldn't really want to go. I've gone in the past and it sucked. Not the food... the food was good. You have to pay just to walk into the space... and then you have to pay to get food. And also wait in line for fucking eons. I think I waited in line for like 30-45 minutes the last time I went.

And then, you get your food and there's not place to sit and eat it because they're are 50 bazillion people there and only 10 tables. (Ok... perhaps an exaggeration, but not as much as you'd think.) And hot... it's held in a parking lot now. In the sun. Aren't any trees in a parking lot. It was hot today.

None of this sounds like fun to me. Now... had I had a regular sleep and been awake, would I have gone? Probably. I wouldn't really want to, but I would. Because she wanted to go... and because I need to leave the house once in a while and interact with some of humanity, even if some of humanity is fucking stupid and/or ignorant and far from what I want to be around.

As it turns out, I was sleeping. So that problem was solved for me. I asked if we were going to hang out tomorrow and her reply was Yes, I think so. Which actually means, talk to me tomorrow, cuz... probably not. *shrugs*

Next weekend is football on Friday, concert on Saturday and then... I dunno what on Sunday. Maybe nothing but rest.

The bigots in my neck o' the woods (in forums) are screeching bloody murder about this removal of Confederate monuments. And screeching bloody murder about the Libtards coming to take down the Jesus statues! Wake up 'murica! :rolleyes: You can't talk to these knuckleheads, either. You can't reason with them. They don't accept history. They don't accept reality. They do know how to Google, though. I love those replies that come from someone who has/had no fucking clue, but found some shit on Google. And goddamn it, if it's on the internet, it's the truth! Fuck you!

Fuck you! That was an actual reply to me. :tongue: They get flustered when you keep challenging their nonsense with facts... and when they run out of nonsense, they get really angry and start with the name calling. (Actually, a lot of the time they start with the name calling outright. Cuz why wait?)

Flustering fucktards is right amusing, I have to say. I have to do such things with some caution... lest I find this sorta thing way too fun. I don't need yet another addiction to find the time for! :tongue:

Some of the descendants of Confederate leaders want the monuments to come down.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/us/confederate-monuments-stonewall-jackson-lee-davis.html

If the descendants of are asking them to come down... nobody else should really have much to say about it. If the descendants consider the monuments overt symbols of racism and white supremacy... perhaps we should take their word for it? (Not that it's not obvious, but you know...)

I may well have had relatives that fought on the side of the south. And perhaps on the side of the north as well. I don't really know. I'll probably find out one day, though. It won't change my opinion, though.

More of those nazi fucktards are finding out there hate spewing has consequences. ‘My life is over’: 21-year-old Charlottesville marcher whines over ‘outing’ by anti-fascist group

Didn't any of these knuckleheads know they were going to be filmed? And that footage would end up on the internet? And that people would see what they are? Apparently not. Seriously?

Silly nazi rabbits.

Watched some Little League World Series today. The only baseball I can watch without being bored outta my skull. Watched Australia lose to Dominican Republic. Even had to wait out a 2+ hr weather delay. The Aussies were up at 2-0 at the start, but the DR team went on a run. I think it was 6-2 at the start of the weather delay. After the delay, the Aussies rallied... thought they were going to pull off a win, maybe. But... just didn't have quite enough. Game went to DR 8-7. Good game, though.

Then on to boxing. Watched the undercards... sorta... they were boring as fuck. The main event was Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo. Both undefeated fighters, both holding two championship belts for the weight class (Junior welterweight)... the winner would hold all the belts and be the undisputed World Champion.

Went three rounds before Crawford got the tko on Indongo with a wicked left to the body.

I didn't expect it to be a long fight and I didn't expect Crawford to lose... so I was right on both counts. Good the fight was on ESPN and not a ppv thing.

Speaking of ppv fights... McGregor vs. Mayweather is next weekend. I won't see it as I'll be out of town and I'm not sure I'd have paid to watch that fight anyway... not because I don't want to see it but because the price was more than I'm willing to pay. I hope beyond hope that McGregor wins... I like him. And Mayweather is a bitch who beats women.

I need to be off to bed. So I don't sleep all day and because I took drugs and they're starting to work. :tongue:

For what it's worth...

·
Banned
3,328 Posts
Yesterday I learned that regular smoke detectors are ineffective 55.8% of the time which I found to be alarming (pun intended). It's because smoldering fires create bigger particles which normal smoke detectors aren't designed to detect (they only detect smaller particles).

All this managed to re-awaken my childhood fear of house fires. I had never been in a house fire or a fire of any sort but I used to believe when I was little that house fires happen spontaneously (like a tornado or something) and there's nothing you can do to prevent them. It would keep me awake at night. As I got older, apparently I developed a false sense of security in these cheap smoke detectors. So we got top of the line smoke detectors that actually work. So my childhood fear was re-awakened and put to bed all in one day. It was pricey but I think it's worth the investment because you can't really put a price on safety (says the type 6).
My family had a house fire when I was 7. Power surge during an ice storm (surge protectors are a worthwhile buy, folks). No one was hurt, and the integrity of the house was intact.

The initial shock was obviously awful. I remember sitting at my grandmother's house and just balling my eyes out, along with my siblings. But after that, it was kind of awesome for a little kid who wasn't having to deal with all the paper work. The fire happened on December 15th, so we got to go Christmas shopping with a hefty load of insurance money. I was literally a kid set loose in a toy store and told to get 5 of whatever I wanted.

My parents certainly had the worst of it, though. As they put it, doing the paperwork for insurance was absolute hell. My siblings and I knew that the #1 rule during that time was do not bother mom and dad when they're doing paperwork. I'd never seen anything stress them out that much before, or since.

So yeah, I'd say the new alarm was worth it for you. :tongue:

silly nazi rabbits
My new go-to response for all this B.S. :laughing:

It's a whole lot of fun living below the Mason-Dixon line and being surrounded by Confederacy sympathizers. I just do not get it. These are the same folks who claim to be super patriotic, and yet they're fighting to preserve the "legacy" of people who tried to split the Union. It's such a frustrating case of people trying to have their cake and eat it, too.

·
Registered
356 Posts
It's a whole lot of fun living below the Mason-Dixon line and being surrounded by Confederacy sympathizers. I just do not get it. These are the same folks who claim to be super patriotic, and yet they're fighting to preserve the "legacy" of people who tried to split the Union. It's such a frustrating case of people trying to have their cake and eat it, too.
It's also strange how these people don't seem to be nearly as anti-Neo-Nazi as they were anti-Nazi...

·
Registered
93 Posts
I no longer take naps, I try and I am really tired but I find an interesting topic in my head. Then I ask myself a hour later wasn't I suppose to take a nap? College is probably going to burn me out everyday so maybe I will soon. Haha I'll hope I don't sleep through the time to do my homework. I hope I get this financial aid and tuition wrapped up and out the way finally. Only one more week left. Hope my student ID looks alright. I'm so sleepy

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Saddened to hear of the death of Jerry Lewis, whose series of greats ending in 1964 with what I consider his masterpiece The Patsy enriched cinema and society immeasurably. It has become chic to decry him; but those who do that just don't know how to engage with his unique and generous talent.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts

Snowflake (almond, coconut, and black blend) tea, Tchaikovsky "winter dreams" symphony (no. 1), a number of lovely new sweaters...starting to look forward to winter a little:)

Reactions: Vivid Melody

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
My new go-to response for all this B.S. :laughing:

I can only imagine. I'm in a red state so I hear it a lot, too. And these yahoos aren't southerners... these just far right knuckleheads. It literally makes me want to slap them in the head for being stupid. It hurts my brain to even try to figure out where they're coming from... trying to give people the benefit of the doubt, you know? But they're idiots and they won't shut up, so it's very hard. Fucking with them is fun, but I might have to stop for my own sanity.

Today I read that 1) The Civil War and the Confederate monuments have nothing to do with race... people just say that to cause more hate. 2) The blacks need to get over slavery. None of them were slaves and none of us owned them. 3) They're trying to change history! That's what ISIS does! 4) Blah, blah, blah, blah, fuckity, blah, blah.

Yes... the Civil War had not a single thing to do with race. Or owning Knee Grows. Nope. Just a figment of the left's imagination! (And besides... the slave owners were Democrats! Lincoln was a Republican! So there! Pffffffffft!)

I'm rather amused that they suggest blacks get over slavery and move on... whilst they're still clinging to the failed remnants of a treasonist state. You forget... stop your whining! But if you take our monuments down, we're going to scream bloody murder!!!

Oh yeah... almost forgot this one! Someone posted that the people who are "triggered" and "offended" by the Confederate monuments, just want to be black. And nope... I'm not kidding. :rolleyes:

It's also strange how these people don't seem to be nearly as anti-Neo-Nazi as they were anti-Nazi...
Right?

~~~

Just as an aside that has nothing to do with that stuff, but it's a Civil War thing; If you're ever talking to someone about the Civil War... the actual war... and they're proclaiming to know what they're talking about... ask them what their "favorite" Civil War battle is. Your posers will out themselves immediately.

If you don't know why, you might be a poser yourself. :wink:

Well... yesterday I woke up with a headache, I had a headache all day. I went to bed with a headache and woke up with a headache. I'm getting a headache right now, as a matter of fact.

I should've known with my head wanting to bang along like it was doing, sustained, for more than 24 hrs... that some shit was brewing. Weather shit, I mean. Not noggin' shit... though it could've ended up that way, it just didn't.

Whilst I was sleeping and not long after I went to bed, a storm rolled through. It didn't do much to us here, but it wreaked some serious havoc in the city. Trees down... as in uprooted, branches down, power lines down, shit smashed... and apparently, trampolines went missing. Flying through the air to who knows where! (Ha. I made a rhyme.)

There was no storm warning issued. Or watch even. The airport said the winds were only 58 mph. The storm wasn't near the airport, it was on the other side of the city. Estimates (via damage) are wind speeds of around 80 mph.

:shocked:

I know.

I slept through that. As I said, it didn't get us bad. Just some wee branches and some leaves down, that's it. Another storm rolled through at 0500ish... I woke up for some reason (thunder?) and heard what I thought was thunder... and my head hurt, so I so I said Fuck off, Mother Nature!, rolled over and went back to sleep. I was planning on getting up around 0930... but only slept until maybe 0630. Bah.

Contacted RN around 1030a... she was hit by the storm. Not badly, but enough to make a mess of the yard and pool. She didn't really wanna hang out cuz of that mess and that was ok with me because, as I said, I woke up with a headache. The headache did go away eventually... but I had it most of the day. And now it's back... probably because I'm tired. *shrugs* And I'm really quite tired and I'm not really sure why. Not like I woke at 0300 or anything like that. I probably slept 6 hrs or so.

Anyway...

So... I laid about on the couch and gamed for a while... and watched tv. Then ended up outside with the pup later in the morning. Still gaming and watching tv. Took mom out for some seafood. I had a gift card, so I gorged myself. I really like lobster and crab... and I really like eating. A lot of it. There may be some sort of gastro intestinal revolt at some point in time, but it will still have been worth. Yes it will.

Watched GoT and then the movie Sully...

And now, here we are. And I'm fixing to go to bed and rest my head. (I rhymed again! On my way to being a poet!) Since my head wants to hurt and all that nonsense. Probably fall asleep to something on the Netflix or something.

Four day work week next week. That makes me so happy, you don't even know. :cool:

Leave you with this, cuz it's that time...

·
Banned
3,328 Posts
Yes... the Civil War had not a single thing to do with race. Or owning Knee Grows. Nope. Just a figment of the left's imagination! (And besides... the slave owners were Democrats! Lincoln was a Republican! So there! Pffffffffft!)
Having just read a very, very long Thomas Jefferson biography, this statement cracks me up. Again, these same people who claim to worship America are the ones who can't get even the most basic facts of history correct.

Reactions: warweasel

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮INFJ 666 sx/sp🇺🇸💃🏻💋
2,705 Posts
Anyone have a cool way of watching the eclipse tomorrow or today? (Depending where you are) Also I've heard it can be harmful to pets, my dog isn't too big and I don't think he'll look up at the sun but the possibility worries me a bit when I'll need to take him out.
Make an eclipse viewer out of a shoe box.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's weird how different INFJ's can be across generations. I made my mom take the test and she tested as INFJ which makes sense. You'd think that'd make for some really good bonding for the both of us, but no. Combination of being much older, emotional immaturity, and general guardedness makes it a really difficult relationship.

·
Banned
11,472 Posts
Anyone have a cool way of watching the eclipse tomorrow or today? (Depending where you are) Also I've heard it can be harmful to pets, my dog isn't too big and I don't think he'll look up at the sun but the possibility worries me a bit when I'll need to take him out.
We cut a piece of a garbage bag and looked through the plastic, we were able to see it quite easily.

Still kind of dangerous, so we looked through no longer than a few seconds.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Having just read a very, very long Thomas Jefferson biography, this statement cracks me up. Again, these same people who claim to worship America are the ones who can't get even the most basic facts of history correct.
Indeed. Today, the same person posted a meme about how many US (Union) troops were killed in the Civil War fighting to end slaverly... and we're still called racists!!!!!

Never mind that just yesterday, they were supporting the monuments to the Confederate troops who killed all those Union soliders who were fighting to end slaverly. Apparently, they're unfamiliar with irony, as well.

They also keep screeching that people should learn some history and shut up until they do. :rolleyes:

Oh... and they're the second person now on that forum that's said the only people that have anything to complain about are the Native Americans. They said that nobody else gets to complain because they all came from somewhere else. Apparently, being taken against your will, staked into the ship cargo holds like cord wood and being brought here against your will is the same as immigrating here.

Who knew?

~~~

We were in the path of totality here... but it was cloudy. Not that I cared, as I was sleeping anyway. But my mom was disappointed. My sister had bought glasses and my mom went over there around noon thirty to watch it all go down. But, alas, that didn't happen. They got to watch it get dark and feel the temperature drop... but we're socked in. Storms heading here as we speak... so they saw nothing.

Others did... some in bits, some through haze... depended up where you were, I suppose. I was in bed. So, there ya go. :tongue:

Been watching the state police's video of massive traffic jams from people leaving the sites were they were watching. I'm glad I didn't have to try to get to work in the midst of that shit. Both of the major roads I take were packed with people crawling at a snail's pace. I'm sure by the time I go to work they'll all be back from whence they came so it should be clear sailing.

Apparently, Lord Dampnut took a gander at the eclipse without the special glasses. Not a long gander, to be certain... but a gander just the same. Because, well... you know.

Jerry Lewis and Dick Gregory both died yesterday. Or maybe Gregory died the day before, I don't recall. No matter, they're both still quite dead, and that's the point really.

I saw both a lot as a kid. I can't recall where it was I was seeing Gregory... I thought he had shown up on Sanford & Son a few times, but IMDB says no. An older friend said he was on scores of talk shows back in the day. Perhaps that's where I know him from... whatever the dealio was, I was familiar with him somehow. Comedian and activist. I don't recall any of his humor, though, and to be honest I'm not sure I ever saw any of it. Maybe some, but I don't recall.

Jerry Lewis... where to begin? I really liked Jerry Lewis back when we were both a whole hell of a lot younger. I stopped liking him somewhere around late grade school. Why? Because he wasn't funny. He had one schtick... and only one. Pulling faces and flapping about like an idiot.

Now... when I was young and he was young... that was pretty ok. I mean, he was good at it. I liked his stuff with Dean Martin quite a bit. I loved Hook Line and Sinker... I liked a lot of stuff he did, with Martin and without.

But as I got older I liked that flailing about like an idiot humor less and less. And as he got older and older... well, it just... it was horrid. Watching a young skinny kid flap and flail about is somewhat amusing. Maybe really amusing, depending upon the situation. But when dude starts getting old... and then really old and he's still trying to play that? It's tired, it's stupid, and it shows how truly one dimensional he was.

Let's just say that, after I became an adult, he grated on my nerves terribly. I also don't think he was a particularly nice person, either. That's what I've always heard even from way back in the '70s. And there is video proof more recently.

For the record, I also feel the same way about Lucille Ball. The only difference is that I couldn't even stand that woman when I was a kid. I never found her funny, only annoying. She, too, had only one schtick... and I didn't like it. She was a very astute business woman, however, and apparently a raging bitch just as Lewis was an asshole.

Lewis' death is one of those things that are recognized, however, for the end of an era... the last bits of something that was way back in the 60s. All gone now.

Watched the penultimate episode of GoT last night.

I knew that Viserion would be lost, but that knowledge didn't make me any less upset about it. I think I was more upset by the loss of that dragon that I have been for any human character. But... I'm always more upset by animal deaths than people deaths when it comes to shows. I hate that the creepy ice king dude will have a dragon now. Our dragon. Bastard.

I was also quite on the edge of my seat during the battle when our band of merry heroes is surrounded by chilled walkers. I was afraid we'd lose more than one secondary character, to be honest. I mean... it's getting close to a time when secondary and probably even main characters are going to meet their fates. We just lost Thoros, though... which is... better than I expected. I kinda thought The Hound was a goner as well.

And bye bye Benjen Stark. Though he's only been a (important) bit player here and there, with long absences in the between, I've always liked that character.

Well... I suppose I should be on my way. Work some more on those photos of Brent's boy. I'm a bit more than half way through and mom is over the moon for them, so that's good. As long as mom's happy, everyone's happy!

Some Postmodern Jukebox for ya...

28001 - 28020 of 37195 Posts