Personality Cafe banner

37021 - 37040 of 37084 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
A home health care nurse will come see my dad at least two times a week. They'll teach us how to properly take his blood pressure and sugar levels. My twin has made up a schedule, so that all of us siblings can distribute our time in helping. I feel that it is fair. Thus far my dad seems coherent enough. He'll be taking some dementia medicine that will slow it down some.

I rested pretty much all weekend, because of my pulled wisdom tooth. Not too much pain, i'm thankful for that. I managed to work on one of my pieces and created another in the meantime. That made me feel good.

I started watching that netflix show, After Life (Ricky Gervais). Hahahaha, I was sold when the kid calls Gervais' character a "pedo" and Gervais says to the kid: "I'm not a pedo, but if I were, you'd be safe, you pudgy ginger cunt."

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
A home health care nurse will come see my dad at least two times a week. They'll teach us how to properly take his blood pressure and sugar levels. My twin has made up a schedule, so that all of us siblings can distribute our time in helping. I feel that it is fair. Thus far my dad seems coherent enough. He'll be taking some dementia medicine that will slow it down some.

I rested pretty much all weekend, because of my pulled wisdom tooth. Not too much pain, i'm thankful for that. I managed to work on one of my pieces and created another in the meantime. That made me feel good.

I started watching that netflix show, After Life (Ricky Gervais). Hahahaha, I was sold when the kid calls Gervais' character a "pedo" and Gervais says to the kid: "I'm not a pedo, but if I were, you'd be safe, you pudgy ginger cunt."

I'm glad that you have help and are each having a go at it. My friend, he didn't have any help. The family lived half the country away (he is was born here, they were born on the East coast... his oldest sibling, now deceased, was nearly as old as my parents) and so they weren't any help. Friends helped as much as possible, but things became overwhelming. It's really too much for one person to do, day in and day out. Between the care and watching the decline, I mean. It's a tough one, for sure.

Ricky Gervais... I love that dude. He has zero fucks to give! I've not yet seen that show, but it's on my list!

~~~

There was a brawl on max security just before we arrived last night. Two lads arguing turned into fisticuffs, assistance calls and all that fun stuff. (They're big dudes)

What were they arguing about, you ask? (Ok, you probably didn't, but I'm going to tell you anyway) They were arguing about who has killed the most people. That devolved into set trippin' and arguing over who's legit (a real gang banger) and who is not.

You know, normal teenager stuff. :rolleyes:

Staff and a supervisor on the unit saw it coming and tried to get in between them, but... they're so fucking big and strong. They were able to get at each other despite two of our people being right there.

One kid is about... 6'2", probably 200 lbs or so. The other kid? My eyes are level with this nipples. And I'm 5'8"... so... I don't even think I come up to his shoulder. Dudes like... 6'6"-6'7"... maybe taller, probably 240 lbs or so.

Derrick (2nd shift supervisor) is about 6'3" and 230 lbs and the smaller kid shoved him out the way like he wasn't even there. Walt was on the 2nd kid... Walt's about my height and about 200 lbs or so... he got run through as well. They were able to drag them apart once the blows started and by then, other staff were responding so it didn't get any further than that.

What's interesting to me is that sometimes on 1st shift, they'll have a female working that unit. I don't think that should happen. Not trying to be sexist or anything like that, but can you imagine? They blew through two decent sized guys like they weren't even there. How's a female going to stop them? She's not... and she's not going to be able to separate them, either.

I'm all about equal rights and I believe woman should have the opportunity to work in any field they choose, doing the same work as men. I'm all down for that. But this? That's irresponsible, and a threat to safety and security. I'm sure some females would be offended that I said as much, but Jesus Christ, it's common sense.

So. That was their fun. We didn't have any. Kelly explained during briefing that Audrey is a new temp supervisor (figured) and will start training on Tuesday. Yay. A TEP... love them. :rolleyes: Well... as long as she leave me alone, it's all good. And... maybe we'll find out now if she's actually capable of speaking... since I've never once her heard talk in the two years she's been there.

Will also be interesting to see if Natalie sucks up to her or rides her like a pony. Either is possible. :tongue:

Natalie didn't come to work Saturday and then dipped out early yesterday. She had to work the other unit (max) which... just working a unit is below her and currently max has like... twice the inmates because half is max and half is quarantine. So... she actually had to work and all that fun stuff.

She left at 0400... with 2.5 hrs left in the shift. Which seems ridiculous to me. It probably means that she doesn't have very much vacation time, so could only afford to leave 2.5 hrs early. She sure is going to be sad when I'm taking off all these nice days in the summer, since she spent all her vacation blocking me out during the winter.

Silly rabbit.

There's really not much else going on around here, I suppose. Not much to do... it's just work and home. Back and forth and forth and back. It's tedious, really. I mean, it's not much different than what I'd be doing anyway, but... it is, as well. If I just had to stay at home, I'd be fine. But it's work, too... and then no rewards on the days off. No heading off to have chow somewhere or the weekly trip to the bar for chow. That makes me sad.

I was supposed to go to a graduation this weekend, which is why I had taken this Sat/Sun off in the first place. But, now they're hoping to have graduation at the end of July. Poor kids, wanting to celebrate the end of the high school career and the new beginnings they're headed to and they can't.

Honestly? It wouldn't have bothered me. I didn't want to attend my graduation ceremony. The parentals demanded, of course, so I went. But... gads, how boring and yuck. By the time graduation rolled around, the seniors had been out of school already for like... two weeks? Something like that and I, for one, had no desire to return for any reason whatever. Mail the diploma, I didn't care.

My parents cared, though. So... that's how that went. I had a graduation party. I don't remember any of it. I remember trying to hide out in the house, away from all the people, as much as possible. I remember doing this specifically, because I remember my cousin finding me in my bedroom. She wanted to make sure she congratulated me in person. I appreciated that. We were really close back then... as she is the only one of my cousins who is my age.

I hated all of it, wanted none of it and had to suffer through all of it for the benefit of other people. Yay.

I know I'm not the only one who feels/felt that way. I do think we're in the minority, though.

Part of it, for me, was not wanting anything else to do with school or any of that shit. As far as I was concerned, it was over and done with and all this other stuff was unnecessary nonsense.

Another part was having a spotlight shined on me. Being the center of attention. Having to walk across a stage, whilst everyone is looking at you, to shake some dude's hand. Being the center of attention at a party at home. People praising you and congratulation you and hugging you and... it's all about you you you you.

I dislike things that are all about me. I don't like that kind of attention. It's weird. It's uncomfortable. I mean... I'm all for being the ruler of the free world... from the shadows, whilst the talking head is out front. Out front and being the center of attention is not my kind of gig at all.

Which is why I could never be famous. I would not do well. As a result, there would be a high probability that others would end up not doing well, either. You know? Fucking people following you around all the time, taking your picture, stalking you, interrupting everything fucking thing you do.

Ugh. No thank you.

I'd take the money, sure... but not the rest of it. Fuck that shit.

Leave you with this... we lost Jim Croce way too soon. He was only 30 yrs old when he was killed in a plane crash in 1973.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
I. B. Free.

Thank the stars. You know how long a night lasts when it's the last one before a big break? Forfuckingever, that's how long.

But it's done. And here we are. :m0827:

Getting ready to head to the couch in a minute or three. I'm getting a headache, so I know I'm tired even though I don't feel especially so. Nap until chow time, I suppose.

Chow's already ordered and paid for. Got a couple of pizzas and some bread sticks on order for chow time. All mom will have to do is drive over and pick it all up. The pizzas were on sale... buy a large, get another large for half price. Sounded good to me. Do we need two large pizzas for just me and mom? Hell no. But... tomorrow, there will be leftovers. Mmmmmmm... cold pizza...

I'm really excited about that pizza, just so you know. We haven't had take out pizza in... forever. I really like pizza. Probably too damn much, honestly. But... what's not to love?

Night went by reasonably quickly, despite me not having a thing to do. Only one kid showered, so... laundry took all of... a minute? Well, however long it took me to fold a set of clothes; sweatshirt, shirt, pants, drawers, socks, towel, wash cloth. So... maybe two minutes, tops. And that was my night.

I wrote a bit. Something that's been banging around in my head for... yeesh... two years? I start, stop, start, stop. Rewrite the whole thing. The premise remains the same, but... yeah. I have no idea. Will it go anywhere? Probably not. But, tonight it needed to come out, this version... and it's not like I didn't have the time, sooooooooooo...

It just sucks to write at work because I have to do the pen/paper thing. Which means that I have to rewrite the whole thing over into the pc and... sometimes, that's the turn off. It's just such a pain in the ass. I'm not set up for that, so... no place for my paper to sit where I can comfortably transfer or whatever.

And then... there is the matter of my handwriting. It's not great when it's good... and after 11 pages, which is what I wrote today, it's really bad. It just gets progressively worse, the more I write. Probably because my hand is trying to keep up with my brain. And I write the same way on paper as I do when I type. Forget words, add words that don't belong, spell things wonky donkey... or spell them right, but it's such a cobbled up mess, I can't tell if it's spelled right or not.

Not like I fucking proof read or anything, eh?

So, yeah. That took up a fair amount of my time, honestly. I was quite absorbed and time flew by. Maybe I should spend more time writing there? Get my fiction on or something?

I should write about what I do. There's a million stories there. It's just... that seems weird to me. I mean... first, I'd have to have a story, which I don't. Then... do I tell it from the juvenile inmate perspective? Do I know what they're perspective is, even? (Yes. Kinda sorta) Or do I write from the perspective of a CO? It'd be an easier story, I think, to write from the kid's view... just because it's their life, eh? I mean, it's sorta the CO's life, too... but where's the story?

These are the reasons I don't. I just don't know what I would do or where I would go with it. Maybe some day, though. I'd never say never, cuz I know how that shit plays out sometimes.

I'm really hungry for that pizza now, just so you know... like, mouth watering hungry. Goddamn.

The big pup was on my bed last night when I was trying to get out of bed. Put my hand down by the pillows as I was sitting up, just as he decided to dig in my pillows (to rearrange to his liking) and I got 70 lbs worth of dog paw/claws raked across my knuckles. That was pleasant. :dry:

It now looks like I've punched a wall. An area of abrasion covering the knuckles of the fuck finger and ring finger... plus swelling and bruising, cuz why not. This goes nicely with the finger on the other hand with the broken blood vessel that turned the whole damn thing purple. (That hurt, too. Jesus.)

What's annoying is the stupid abrasion. I don't know if it's so goddamn annoying because it's on top of bruising and swelling or if it's just because only a wee layer of skin was removed. I dunno. But it's goddamn annoying. Especially when it's rubbing on a glove all night and getting squeezed every time I had to reach into my pocket for my keys.

I think it would've hurt less if he'd have taken a whole damn chunk out of it, honestly.

Damn dog doesn't have any idea how fucking big his... he's never had a clue. He doesn't mean to cause harm, but sometimes he does. (Nothing bad, mind you.) Like... squashing my damn toes all the time. He is the king of dropping to the floor with one or the other of his elbows smashing my toes. I've never had a dog be so damn precise with an elbow to the toes. Seriously.

Anyway... here's this, cuz even though I'm a CO and not an inmate, this is how I feel right about now...

·
Registered
13,722 Posts
Maybe you INFJs would understand as you guys cross the worlds of feeling and thinking. I'm watching opera, specifically Roberto Devereux. The part I'm watching 32 minutes in is all feeling. There is a world of structure and meaning out there which is the world of making sense for me (I'm INTP) and here you have these people doing only feeling and disregarding factual things: https://www.metopera.org/

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
I'm a little more than halfway through my mini staycation right now and I can tell you with all certainty that I need to be retired.

Seriously, though.

My life is so much chill right now. Not a worry in the world. Gaming, watching tv, napping, playing with the puppos. Grilling food every night, drinking adult beverages, sitting on my patio enjoying the lovely weather that I normally would be missing because I'd be asleep.

Yup. I need to be retired.

I can't be, mind you. I just need to be.

I do at least need to get out of this job, but... we've all known that for a while now. Not like that is something new. I'm hoping that when the new school year is getting close to starting that the city's school district will either reopen or revisit the applications for the job I applied for there. It was open, I applied... and then the 'rona hit and nothing's happened.

It's the same job our part timer (and former full timer) Eddie has, just at a different school. Basically, you're sorta like campus security. But you really don't do too much... because I asked Eddie a bunch of questions about it. Like if I'd have to run all over the building responding to stuff, if I'd be expected to put hands on kids, etc. and so forth. And basically he said no to all of the above. The schools really don't want anyone but the school resource officer to put hands on kids (you can, but it's like emergency stuff only), you don't respond because there are so many staff... unless you're right on top of an incident, but the time you'd get to one somewhere else, it'd already be taken care of.

Basically, Eddie said you just walk around and chat with the kids... let your presence be the deterrent to the behavior.

I can do that. I'd actually enjoy that. I like kids. Not enough to live with them, but they're fun in short bursts. I'd also have all weekends, holidays, school breaks and summer off. Which would be quite ok with me. An entire summer to fuck off? Hells yeah. That'd almost be like being retired, eh? Plus the school system has a proper, old school pension... not this 401k bullshit.

And... my childhood friend/neighbor's husband is also the SRO (School Resource Officer) for that particular school. So... I'd already know the cop I'd be working with...and reasonably well, too. I mean... I know a lot of cops because of work, but I know this guy in a whole different way. I've been to his house, his family gatherings, his kid's graduations, etc. We're not chummy, necessarily, but that's mostly because we've never had the opportunity to be so.

This is like the perfect semi retired job I could have, I think. Make far less than I do now... not because pay's terrible (it's far less than I make, but for the area, it's above average), but because you have so much time off. But that's ok. That's what I want. I can use my 401k to pay off my house (since the new job would have a pension, I wouldn't need it) and then... making what I'd make there would be excellent money, because I'd have no bills at all, but for the utilities, insurance and the like.

But... the 'rona came along and fucked it all up. I'm hoping it'll show back up in the late summer or something. I'd like to apply for it again. I'd so take that job in a heartbeat. Snap it up immediately. Hells yes.

I'm currently just now writing to kill some time. Waiting for the weather to get right... which it's doing quite rapidly. It's going to be a lovely, warm day. I knew that when I woke up at 0730 or whatever and it was already 61F. Nice. I just checked the weather app and it says it's 72F right now. So... me and the pups will be outside probably as soon as we're done here.

Yesterday, I spent all day outside with them. From about 11a on... had to wait for the temps to get reasonable. It finally ended up really nice outside, but it took most of the day to get there. When I first went out, had to wear a hoodie and my fingers were freezing... but eventually, I lost the hoodie and it was nice enough that we didn't come inside until about 830p or so.

Nonstop play. We all slept well last night. :tongue:

We didn't even eat chow last night. I had to run some errands early yesterday afternoon and on the way home, I got some food for me and mom. After eating that, neither of us were hungry when chow time arrived. So... we just skipped it. I had some ice cream when me and the pups came back in and they had their food... but yeah. That was it.

Watched a few minutes of tv after that and then went to be around... 11p, I think? I dozed off on the couch a little bit after the news and... yeah. We were all tired. (We were up at 0430 in the morning, again, after all... did manage to sleep in today, though!)

I could seriously get used to this life.

Broke a leg on my patio chair, though. I have the only remaining chair of the original set. Some time ago, my mom decided the chairs were no good and threw them all away. Except mine, cuz I had a fit! (Now I wish I'd have saved them all somewhere) She tossed them and bought these wickedly uncomfortable, hard ass chairs... that's why I made her keep one of the originals for me. I hate the chairs she bought... they're horrible.

But last night, when I scooted my chair back away from the patio table, one of the legs, at the bottom, bent under. Fucker had rusted away and when I pushed it back (with me still in it) it just folded under. I kicked it back out, but... obviously, that was a temporary solution.

I showed my bil what happened (he asked when he saw me kicking the chair leg!) and he asked for the chair... he went and ground off the broken leg and then the other side to match it. About two inches off the the back legs of the chair.

Tada! Chair fixed! It's a wee bit shorter, obviously and it leans back a bit more (easier to sleep in and yes, I have!) so it's a bit tougher to get out of... (I sink in to it... and now, I sink in and tilt back. I've shit knees, you know!) but... all in all, it was a good save. Cuz I immediately went to looking for single patio chairs and that's next to impossible to find... then I looked for pairs and they all either looked too low (patio table is like kitchen table height), too uncomfortable or were just way too expensive.

I did find some nice like... patio sectionals. I think that's what I would buy next... I have the room for it. Eventually, I'm going to need to build a tv box thing... because eventually, we'll need a flat screen tv (we'll run out of old box tvs eventually) and I'll want it in some sort of plexiglass box or something... so it can be hung outside and be not so easily stolen. The box would be easy enough to make, it's just a matter of getting it done eventually, then mounting it. It'd have to be something that could be opened so the tv could be removed in the winter... openable, but lockable. Yeah?

I think the sectional and a mounted tv would be lovely. I may never go into the house again, until winter!

This was posted on one of the local forums by a Lord Dampnut supporter...

idiot trumptards 01.jpg

These dumb fuckers are so convinced that the covid-19 is a hoax to get them all locked away in their houses, take away their liberties and rights and ruin everyfuckingthing because... it's a damn demoncrat hoax! Wake up, people!

Seriously. These dumbfucks don't get it. And... they think they're being oppressed. They have seriously put up photos of Jews being herded off to concentration camps and are comparing stay at home mandates and what not to be in the same vein as the Holocaust.

And no... I'm not kidding. Do a Google search.

Regardless... put that into your brain for a moment; People in this country are feeling victimized to the point that they're comparing social distancing to the fucking Holocaust. Ok? The fucking Holocaust... you know? Where six million Jews were murdered? Yes... they're comparing social distancing (stay your ass at home) to six million people being murdered.

Because those things are so fucking similar.

These people are dangerous fucking stupid.

And it's not just that. It's that they're proud of being fucking stupid. Stupid people used to have the good sense to keep their stupid to themselves. Because they were mocked and ridiculed and learnt their place. But... the stupid have been emboldened... and they won't shut the fuck up now. They've a hero and he's fucking stupid and he never shuts up... so they're attempting to live up to that standard.

It's quite bizarre, honestly.

I keep looking for other countries to move to... unfortunately, due to finances, it's not like to ever happen. Primarily, I've been looking to Ireland (my 1st choice) and Denmark. I love Ireland, I loved being there... it fit, for me. Like a home I've always known, but have never been to? Kinda like that.

I know fuck all about Denmark, but I have family there. I have no idea who they are, mind you... I just know that they're still there. Both of my great grandparents on my dad's maternal side were born in Denmark and didn't come here until the 1910's... and I know they're entire families did not immigrate, so I know I have a shit load of people still in Denmark and probably Sweden as well. I know some of my great grandmother's people used to write the evil grandmonster from Copenhagen... and that was back in the 70s. So... yeah.

My great grandmother was born in Norre Uttrup and had relatives in Allborg... there are probably some still there, I'd imagine.

But... again... unless a shit load of money falls in my lap, I'll still be here... yay.

I don't hate this country. Not at all. I'm starting to hate what it's becoming and I'm really fucking hating the stupid fucks. And they are everywhere these days. Crawling out of the woodwork. Some people I didn't even know where stupid fucks until 2016... and it was like... as soon as Lord Dampnut came to power, they shed their normal skins for idiot skins...

And even that would be ok if they could just manage to shut the fuck up. But they can't. They can't make a single social media/forum post without saying something fucking stupid... usually having not a thing to do with the actual topic, mind you... it is truly bizarre to me.

Apparently, they don't have anything else to do but sit at home and find dumbfuck memes. Or something.

Anyway. It's 75F now... and not even 11a... time for me and the pups to migrate to the patio for the day. We will have a dumbfuck free day... believe that. Just games, tv, adult beverages, a few cigarettes, disc tossing, basking in the warmth and sun... and pups. Can't forget about my boys. They're my loves, you know...

Leave you with the Animals...

You gotta love Eric Burdon's voice, don't ya?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yeah... it was last week. Thanks! I am now closer to 60 than 50. Da fuq did that happen?! :tongue:

The Wolf Among Us has graphic novels as well. I've not read any of them, so I don't know anything about them. The game is really nice, though. The story's really good and it's almost more movie than game. Most of the game consists on of making choices in how to respond to others in the game. (And the others remember how you respond)
Ohhhh like choose your own adventure books :hearteyes:
There are a few fighting scenes, too, which just amounts to having decent reflexes, really, to follow on screen indicators quickly.
Completely unrelated: I used to love the game River City Ransom when I was a kid & my husband found it. We spent more hours than I care to admit playing it the other day. It was both not as good as I remember it being and also BETTER than i remember it being. YOU PICK UP GARBAGE CANS & CHAINS & HIT PEOPLE & EAT HAMBURGERS & GET POWER PUNCH ABILITIES.

So, because it's mostly watching, like a movie, it is quite engrossing and it really does pass the time. It also makes you forgot that the characters are the Big Bad Wolf, Snow White, Beauty, Beast, Ichobod Crane, Georgie Porgie, Jack Horner, The Woodsman, Bloody Mary, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, etc, etc, etc.

And the game plays out as if they are tv episodes. After each episode that you finish you get a preview of the next episode. And you also get data on your decisions. (How your decisions stack up against other players statistically) And when you start a new episode, you get a last time on The Wolf Among Us break down. Quite cool way to structure the game.

And that was a whole lotta talking about something you're probably not that interested in. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
This actually sounds like a lot of fun! Lots of storyline, I like that. Sounds like an interactive book. I'm not big into video games, but occasionally I really get in the mood to play them with my husband. It can be a super fun thing to giggle about & bond over. Especially if also drinking beer. I'm assuming it's single player though? No need to answer that, I'll google it. It was a pointless question. :shocked::happy:

Hope you're doing well @warweasel!

aLsO the cement dragon story made me laugh

·
SAY MY NAME
8,466 Posts
I. Am. Tarred.

I've been up for well over 24 hrs now. It was such a nice day, seemed a waste to sleep through any bit of it. Nice 80F with no wind and no humidity to speak of... great day for the puppos to be out, great day for disc tossing which made the wee pup extremely happy (and hopefully as tarred as I am!) and a great day for patio perching and gaming.

That was my day. Spent on the patio. Just fuckin' chillin'.
Out on the patio, we would sit
And the humidity, we would breathe

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Ohhhh like choose your own adventure books :hearteyes: Completely unrelated: I used to love the game River City Ransom when I was a kid & my husband found it. We spent more hours than I care to admit playing it the other day. It was both not as good as I remember it being and also BETTER than i remember it being. YOU PICK UP GARBAGE CANS & CHAINS & HIT PEOPLE & EAT HAMBURGERS & GET POWER PUNCH ABILITIES.
Yes, very much like a choose your adventure book. I'm not sure how much it effects overall game play, but your choices do change things. At least in this game. There is a second Wolf Among Us game, I believe, but I've not played it. There is also an entire The Walking Dead series done in the same vein. I've played the first two of them and own the four game series, I've just not gotten around to playing them yet. And there is a Game of Thrones game... but things had gone a bit downhill by then. The story is fine, playing is fine as always, but the choices you make seem to have little and less impact on the actual game. I still enjoyed it... though it ended on a cliff hanger and the series wasn't continued. Mostly because TellTale Games belly upped.

This actually sounds like a lot of fun! Lots of storyline, I like that. Sounds like an interactive book. I'm not big into video games, but occasionally I really get in the mood to play them with my husband. It can be a super fun thing to giggle about & bond over. Especially if also drinking beer. I'm assuming it's single player though? No need to answer that, I'll google it. It was a pointless question. :shocked::happy:
It is single player. I suppose one could play with someone else as far as getting imput as to what choices to make, but one would have to confer quickly, as you don't have a huge amount of time to make up your mind. It would be interesting to play separately and then compare the choices made at the end of each episode in the game.

I mean, I found that I typically make choices that weren't very popular... in that not very many other players made the same choices. I played as if it were actually me in the shit and... well, I'm an INTJ... so, there wasn't a lot of sentiment or that kind of stuff in my decisions. Just logic and survival. I expect that's the reason my choices were, typically, in the low percentages.

Hope you're doing well @warweasel!
Doing quite well at the moment, thanks. That will end Monday night when I have to return to work... because I don't want to, damn it... and I have no choice. But... currently? Hells yes, all's good in the 'hood. I hope things are spiffy in your 'hood too!

the cement dragon story made me laugh
:cool:

Out on the patio, we would sit
And the humidity, we would breathe

That's perfect, mate! Maybe I'm in the wrong country? :tongue:

~~~

Waiting for the temps to bump up a little bit more. It's not terrible out right now, mid 60s... but I don't feel like putting on pants... or shoes... or maybe even a shirt... so it needs to be a wee bit warmer lest I freeze my boys off.

It was quite warm yesterday... I don't know if it hit 90F or not, it was 87F at chow time and it might've gotten a little warmer after that. I dunno. It was absolutely beautiful. No wind to speak of and very low humidity, which is rare for this neck of the woods. So, it was quite warm, but it didn't feel oppressive.

We went out at about 11a or so and stayed out until 930p. Just chillin' on the patio, playing with the boys. Watching (listening, really) to Live PD on the tv, tossing a disc for the wee pup... talking with mom when she was out. Talking with my sis' daycare kids over the fence. Drinking Guinness... lots of fucking Guinness. And gaming of course.

And yes... I absolutely can game for ten straight hours, multiple days in a row. Thanks for asking.

Would I get bored with it if I were free to do it every day, all summer long? Probably not. My ass would probably get tired of it, too. So... if I could do it every day, all summer... I probably would. But not for so many hours straight. I mean, I wasn't on my ass all 10 hrs yesterday... I moved around, played with the dogs, ran about the backyard like a psychopath, knocked out a few push ups here and there (before and after I went outside)... I mean, I'm fit... so I do need to move about a bit.

Anyway... I'd probably do all manner of things if I had every day all summer to do them. I shove as much gaming in as I can now because I know in just a few days, I'll be back to having little time to do any serious gaming. Perhaps if that wasn't the case, I'd not be so inclined to play for so many straight hours.

But so what if I do? That's my business, innit? Indeed.

Someone was burning a fire nearby last night. It smelled so good. I dunno if there were using it for cooking or s'mores or just for the sake of having a fire to sit around... but man... it smelled like summer. And camping. It was wonderful. I don't even know where it was, but I sure did enjoy smelling it!

My sis and bil had to cancel their trip to Vegas in June. I told her she wasn't going like... two months ago. I mean, it seemed pretty obvious that this 'rona nonsense wasn't going to be going away anytime soon.

Anyway... she's not amused. She's trying to find some place to go. Considering Florida now... cuz, you know, not a lot of 'rona going on there and they have open beaches! :rolleyes: Her words to me were I'm going somewhere, I don't care where!

Okey dokey. I don't get it. I get wanting a vacation. Not working for a week or two. I get it. I am enjoying my mini vacation quite a lot. But... why you gotta go somewhere? In the midst of a global pandemic, yet? I don't understand why the asses just can't stay home and just... chill. Get on a plane and go to 'rona infested states... seems like a great idea, don't it?

And she's goddamn determined, too. I think it's silly and foolish. And... if they go to Florida, I hope she's not planning on my mom helping her with the daycare kids for two weeks when she comes back... cuz my mom's not. I mean, my mom might want to, but if she wants to do that then she needs to move her butt over there. I'm not fucking around with this shit, because I can't get sick like that.

Because it would be my fucking luck that I'd get it and end up on a ventilator in a medically induced coma for three or four weeks. Because that's just how my fucking life works. I couldn't afford the medical bills, for one thing... even with insurance. And secondly, who's paying the bills when I'm not getting paid? And would I still have a job to return to once I was recovered? (Just because you're out of the hospital doesn't mean you're well enough to return to work!) That's not a guarantee at my agency. Not with this director.

So... yeah. Nobody from this house will be going to that house for at least two weeks if they decide to go to some 'rona place.

This whole 'rona thing hasn't really impacted my life at all. The only difference between pre 'rona and now is that I can't go to the bar on Friday evening for chow. That's it. It has had zero effect on my life outside of that. I still have to go to work every day, being essential and all that... and well, during the work week I don't do anything anyway. Work, eat, sleep. That's about it.

So... yeah. Nothing's changed. I'm still doing exactly that. (Well, not right at this moment, obviously, but whatever) It would have had more of an impact if I still had weekends off. Cuz when I had weekends off, I would go hang out with people... every weekend or at least every other weekend... at least for one day of the weekend.

But... now that I don't have weekends off (and everyone else does)... well, ain't going to hang out anywhere anyway, so this is just normal at this point in time. Basically, everyone else is being forced to live there life as I am forced to live mine. Can't go anywhere, do anything, can't see your friends... that's been my reality for about three years now.

So... welcome to my world. Fun, innit? :tongue:

That actually just occurred to me, honestly. Now everyone else is getting a taste of not being about to go places or hang out. Different reason, same result. I was really angry at first, too. But guess what? I didn't have any choice in the matter and eventually I got the fuck over it.

Silliness.

There's so much of it, eh? Local forum today... some knucklehead going on about covid-19 being the biggest political hoax in history and when called on it (the hoax killing thousands of people) dumbled down with thousands of people die of heart disease and cancer and nobody freaks out and bans beef or cigarettes!

Never mind that heart disease and cancer aren't communicable diseases and all that, mind you... :rolleyes: sarcasm stupid.jpg

Seriously, though.

Hmmmmmmm... the temp is steady staying at 66F. I think we've got some clouds or something blocking the sun. My weather app says it's raining, but I don't hear any rain hitting my stove pipe. I know today's not going to be as nice as yesterday, warmth wise, but... it's supposed to make it to 70 at least.

I think I'm going to have to put on pants, goddamn it. :frustrating:

No mas pantalones!

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

The things you find on YouTube... a Thiarna déan trócaire. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yes, very much like a choose your adventure book. I'm not sure how much it effects overall game play, but your choices do change things. At least in this game. There is a second Wolf Among Us game, I believe, but I've not played it. There is also an entire The Walking Dead series done in the same vein. I've played the first two of them and own the four game series, I've just not gotten around to playing them yet. And there is a Game of Thrones game... but things had gone a bit downhill by then. The story is fine, playing is fine as always, but the choices you make seem to have little and less impact on the actual game. I still enjoyed it... though it ended on a cliff hanger and the series wasn't continued. Mostly because TellTale Games belly upped.
Ok well that sounds very fun, I am definitely going to try to persuade the husband to get it. I am not good with gaming terminology so this may be a stupid question, but what is the gaming system it goes with? Or can it go with multiple systems? We have a switch & PS4, I believe. Or is it a computer game? Are those just called PC games? :puffer:

Stopped watching Walking Dead when that bad guy started killing people with his spiky bat. Story line got replaced with gore. My husband still watches it. I kind of peek up at it. It seems now that bad guy is a good guy? I do love when stories do this- make the antagonist have redeeming qualities so you're left confused & feeling weird for cheering for an awful person. Like Dexter. The most lovable serial killer to ever serial kill. Game of Thrones-loved the books. Less impact of choices has little appeal to me though, so PASS. :redface-new:

Baha stopped after blood & gore & intense violence ^ I CAN'T EVEN WATCH ANIMAL PLANET WITHOUT CRYING

It is single player. I suppose one could play with someone else as far as getting imput as to what choices to make, but one would have to confer quickly, as you don't have a huge amount of time to make up your mind. It would be interesting to play separately and then compare the choices made at the end of each episode in the game.

I mean, I found that I typically make choices that weren't very popular... in that not very many other players made the same choices. I played as if it were actually me in the shit and... well, I'm an INTJ... so, there wasn't a lot of sentiment or that kind of stuff in my decisions. Just logic and survival. I expect that's the reason my choices were, typically, in the low percentages.
Underlined: Yesssssss
Bold: Ok this is super interesting to me and I'd like to make everyone I know play it & compare the decisions they made & analyze why & what it says about them FuNnNnNNN :smilewoot:

Doing quite well at the moment, thanks. That will end Monday night when I have to return to work... because I don't want to, damn it... and I have no choice. But... currently? Hells yes, all's good in the 'hood. I hope things are spiffy in your 'hood too!
Is PerC *** out curse words now?! :shocked: Oh I hate that about vacation time. Sometimes I can't enjoy it because I'm so focused on the end. I always think "Ok, I still have X number of days, yay! But soon it will be done & I'll be so sad & look back to when I thought this & think to myself WHY DIDN'T I JUST ENJOY THAT MOMENT" and I do that every single day until it's done WHICH IS STUPID. So I'll be a hypocrite & say just try to enjoy the now haha. :) And i'm doing peachy keen billie jean :wink:

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Ok well that sounds very fun, I am definitely going to try to persuade the husband to get it. I am not good with gaming terminology so this may be a stupid question, but what is the gaming system it goes with? Or can it go with[multiple systems? We have a switch & PS4, I believe. Or is it a computer game? Are those just called PC games? :puffer:
It is available for PS4, pc and Xbox. I also have it installed on my tablet, though I'm not sure if that is an option that's still available. Had to Google that... it's available for Android based systems on Google Play. For pc, you can get it on Steam. Yes... computer games are just called pc games these days.

Stopped watching Walking Dead when that bad guy started killing people with his spiky bat. Story line got replaced with gore. My husband still watches it. I kind of peek up at it. It seems now that bad guy is a good guy? I do love when stories do this- make the antagonist have redeeming qualities so you're left confused & feeling weird for cheering for an awful person. Like Dexter. The most lovable serial killer to ever serial kill. Game of Thrones-loved the books. Less impact of choices has little appeal to me though, so PASS. :redface-new:
Ah... Negan. My favorite character, actually. He was brutal and certainly had his dickish moments with his little dictatorship he had going on at Sanctuary, but... I don't think he was ever a total asshole or a total murdery douche canoe. He is a good leader, a strong personality and he's smarter than the average bear... he outsmarted the "hero" Rick at every turn. He also really likes kids and he's funny as fuck. Which... his humor is what got me in the books. He swears like a sailor and he's just fucking hysterical. He's amusing on the show, too. And Jeffrey Dean Morgan does a bang up job of portraying the character.

Baha stopped after blood & gore & intense violence ^ I CAN'T EVEN WATCH ANIMAL PLANET WITHOUT CRYING
The Walking Dead series may not be for you then, but it is a really good story. There is some minor gore in The Wolf Among Us, as well. It is about murders, after all. You don't see them, but they happen. And as Bigby Wolf, you control the amount of violence against others at his hand.

Underlined: Yesssssss
Bold: Ok this is super interesting to me and I'd like to make everyone I know play it & compare the decisions they made & analyze why & what it says about them FuNnNnNNN :smilewoot:
Agreed. That's one of my favorite parts of all those games... seeing how your choices stacked up against everyone else who's played. As I said, I'm practical and logical, so most of my choices were not the more popular ones. Shocker, I know. :cool:

Is PerC *** out curse words now?! :shocked: Oh I hate that about vacation time. Sometimes I can't enjoy it because I'm so focused on the end. I always think "Ok, I still have X number of days, yay! But soon it will be done & I'll be so sad & look back to when I thought this & think to myself WHY DIDN'T I JUST ENJOY THAT MOMENT" and I do that every single day until it's done WHICH IS STUPID. So I'll be a hypocrite & say just try to enjoy the now haha. :) And i'm doing peachy keen billie jean :wink:
Censoring swears? I dunno. Not that I'm aware of... but I suppose stranger things have happened.

I have enjoyed my moments, for sure. Another day of chillaxin' with the puppos... all day. It's great for me, great for them. They're going to be sad when I have to go to work and we can't spend all day outside playing and what not. Poor pups. We'll only be able to do that on the days off and when it's more summery out, in the mornings after work. Otherwise, we just get a bit of time after chow during the week.

Being outside all day and playing is so much better for them, being a working breed and all. Normally, they'd both be pestering the shit outta me whilst I was doing my writing here, but now? Right now they're both knocked the fuck out. :tongue: And we'll all sleep good tonight, for sure. (Last night was wonderful... we were all so tired!)

Tomorrow's the last day. Le sigh.

~~~

Another day of sun and fun and gaming and tv and adult beverages... all outside on the patio. Wasn't as warm today, but it did finally a respectable temperature. I did put on pants, though. And a sweatshirt. My patio has a roof... roof = shade, shade in the cool weather is chill. With a breeze, even more chill. So... yeah.

No being like Donald Duck today. :sad:

Ordered food delivered from the bar. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. And they were fast as shit. And the food was really warm as well as it melted the lid of the bottom container. Styrofoam you know. It just shriveled up. Didn't hurt the food none, thankfully. It was all quite delish and I even had my Guinness... since I've a supply at home for my extended weekend.

Man cannot survive without Guinness.

I'm not feeling especially tired at the moment, so I think I'll watch telly for a while. Not sure what... I've still got a backlog of things that I've meant to watch and still haven't. But... I may just put on something like Criminal Minds on Netflix... cuz I'll probably fall asleep and if that's what I've got on, it's not a big deal if I sleep through some of them.

I really have to watch Westworld, too. I think the season finale is tomorrow. Maybe I'll binge that when I have to stay up all night tomorrow night, in preparation of going back to work. I'm not sure I could get it all watched in that time, but I could surely put a nice sized dent in it, for sure.

So... I'm off to cuddle the pups on the couch and see what mine eyes can see on the tv.

I'll leave you with the Playing For Change concert that was live streamed yesterday. Good stuff, always.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Slept in till 0930 this morning. Starting to work my way back into going back to work mode. Ugh. I so don't wanna.

But... today is still a free day, so that I will enjoy. I'm off to the shower here in a minute. I think I'm going to need pantalones again today... and I didn't take a shower yesterday, cuz... fuck it. Scent of a man and all that fun stuff. :tongue:

Seems today's weather will be a lot like yesterday's weather, unless the sun comes out. We seem to be a bit socked in at the moment, though it's still supposed to reach mid 70s. So... it'll be a nice day. Pleasant even. It's 68F out there now... so I should probably get into that shower... don't want to waste a moment of my last day sitting in the house.

Leave you with this... I love these guys! I think if there is ever another Red Dead game, that these guys' music should be all up in it. I don't even know what you'd call this, honestly? I call it modern bluegrass. *shrugs*

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Oh hey... me again.

Shocker, I know. :tongue:

My last day of freedom is done. Bummer dude. :sad: I still have all of the night. I may nap for a while in front of the tv and wake up later to do some gaming until the morning hours and night night time arrive. We'll see. I kinda want to play The Forest and I kinda want to have a nap. I think it's best to nap now and play later.

I really like that game, but I don't really try to finish the story line. I just like building and exploring, hunting and fucking up cannibals. I'd probably do better with the story if I didn't get so goddamned turned around in the caves. Me and my spatial issues, I guess. Even with a map, even with videos of others doing it... I still get hopelessly lost and run in circles, finding exactly dick.

But... that's ok. I just like building shit. Any game where I can build things and I'm a happy camper. Build cities, build houses, build families, build fortresses, build civilizations? All good to me.

I'm easy like that. :tongue:

I'm also full of emojis tonight for some reason. :eek:h:

Nothing happened today. It was glorious. A lovely day that got warmer than I thought... though cloudy. But that was ok as I think it would've been pretty steamy had the sun been out. It was nearly 80F without it, soooooooo... There was no wind to speak of... no rain, no nothing.

Well... pollen. Lots of fucking tree pollen. Aggravates the hell outta my allergies, it does.

Gamed, listened to music, drank Guinness and tossed a disc to the wee pup. All fucking day long. 'Tis the life. Quite unfortunately, it's only for a while. The pups are going to be sad come tomorrow... when we sleep all day instead of play all day. Poor doggos.

I suppose I should get on that couch and get something going on the tv, so I can get my nap in sooner rather than later. Else I'll be sleeping too late, getting up too late and then I won't be getting enough sleep for the worky work tomorrow night. Ugh. I don't really need to return sad and fucking tired.

Maybe the place burnt down whilst I was gone?

Wishful thinking. I'd have seen that on the news, if it were so. Le sigh.

Anyway. I'm off. Oh... I had today (and yesterday, for that matter) off for the matter of Brent's younger son's graduation, which was supposed to be today, but... you know the 'rona fucked that all up. Trying for July for a party now. We'll see, I guess.

Happy Graduation G... I hope you had a great day, despite the suck of the 'rona fucking everything up. Congrats on the scholarship and best of luck, always. I'll catch up with ya in July hopefully. Have a fun summer... soon fun summers will be a thing of the past. Trust me!

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
One night down... two more to go. Yay.

It is so easy for me at work right now... it's almost embarrassing. It's also exceptionally boring. Like... even more boring than it was a couple of weeks ago.

I have four inmates. Four. Total. Half a unit... and that half only has four boys.

There's like... nothing to do. I mean, rounds... don't get me wrong, those never stop. I could have one kid and I'd still have to do rounds. So, like... that's always there. But you know how long it takes to check four boys? About a blip of time, that's how long. And it's weird... I had so much time between rounds that I kept thinking I was missing them... that my timer didn't go off.

And every time I checked? It was still counting down. Crazy shit.

Paperwork and laundry for four boys is... nil, really. I mean, it exists, but it's so very little that... it might as well not even exist.

I'm not complaining... but I'm sorta complaining. :tongue: My complaint is the boredom. Holy fucking shit is it boring. It'd be one thing if I could bring my laptop right now and play some games or something. But nope... can't do that. I have games on my tablet, indeed... but... I get bored with them very quickly. Some of them don't work right now, as I've not been connected to the internet with that tablet in probably four or five years... so the licensing on some games has run out, others need updating...

So, it just leaves a few that still work properly... and since they're mobile games, they get a bit boring after a while.

We're to the after while part right about now, for the record. I spent most of the night daydreaming whilst playing spider solitaire. (3 suits... I won six times last night. Woot.) That game I can play for hours, because I'm always going to win the next hand. :tongue: And I'm not sure why I play it at all, honestly, cuz though I do win... sometimes quite a lot, most of the time I lose and it just really and seriously pisses me off. :wink:

I forgot today was Cinco de Mayo. I'm not sure how I forgot that since yesterday was Star Wars Day... but I did. And we even had tacos... on Cico de Mayo/Taco Tuesday. I doubt my mom even planned that... she has no idea about anything like that. I had to explain to her why people on tv kept saying May the Fourth be with you all day yesterday. :tongue: She'd probably be surprised that she had tacos on Cinco de Mayo.

Cinco de Mayo is... day two of my three day work week this week. I'm going to have to take more of those six day weekends were two of the days are at the back of one week and two are at the front of the next. Not only do I have six days off in a row, but I also have two short, three day work weeks, that way. And that's awesome.

Of course... I want to take more three day weekends in July... so we'll see about all that soon. I might put in for another here in a minute. I still haven't gotten my leave approved for the fourth of July... if that gets denied, I'm going to be downright pissed off, as it is my favorite holiday of them all. I hate when they make me miss it.

I haven't missed it for some years now, but the last time they made me work on the 4th, I was so steamed all night long that I gave myself a migraine. Man, I was pissed off. So, by the time I leave there not only am I still seriously pissed off, but now I also have a noggin' that's banging out a rhythm I can't dance to... and... as if that weren't enough...

I go out to my car and have a flat tire.

Had someone... anyone... said anything stupid to me right then and there, I may have actually killed them. I didn't want to change the tire (migraine) so I limped it across the street to the free air hose they have... only to find out it's shut off on weekends and holidays... so I have to limp it further up the street to the gas station and pay for air.

Which also pisses me off. I'm spending money. On air. The fuck.

And so I have a sit on the ground and start pumping air in my tire. Ever been around one of those pay to air up things when they're running? Sounds like they're going to explode, make a terrible racket, they do... so I have to listen to that... with a head splitting migraine, whilst I'm seriously pissed off... until my tire's full.

And then I have to drive my ass home, 30 minutes, with my head just fucking beating.

I called in sick for that night. July 5th... and then get accused of abusing sick leave as revenge for having to work July 4th.

Because yeah... I get that it seemed like that, and case in point... I did kinda call in because my leave for the 4th was denied, but it wasn't intentional. I didn't say to myself self, get really pissed off and cause yourself a migraine, then make sure your tire is flat when you leave and then have to pump air through that noisy ass machine so you can call in sick on July 5th, cuz that'll learn 'em!

I was really pissed off and I got a migraine. I'm assuming they were related only because of the way I get angry. As I said a week or so ago, when I get really pissed off... my blood actually feels like it's boiling. So... linking being seriously pissed off to the migraine, seems legit. But it's just a guess... a fairly educated one, but still a guess.

I could've had July 4th off and still ended up with a migraine. It's possible it would've happened whether I was at work or at home.

Anyway... all that's to say, I get really pissed off when I have to work the 4th. Seriously pissed off. I'll be annoyed if I don't get the other holidays off (after 21 yrs, I should damn well get them all off, if I ask for them), but not like I will if I have to work the 4th.

It remains to be seen, I guess.

I'm off to rest on the couch for a while... got out of practice doing this work/stay up all night nonsense.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
@warweasel I have to go feed my kids supper so I don't have time to comment on your full post, but I just wanted to say quickly that I told my husband about the game. He looked it up on Amazon & started laughing. The kids were in the room so he sent me a text saying "This is what came up when I looked up the game" with a screenshot AND IT WAS A NEKED LADY POLE DANCING :shocked: :shocked::shocked: bahahahahaha I couldn't tell if he was mortified or pleased his wife directed him to a game with a hot stripper on the cover. He said "It gets really good reviews" SO I THINK HE WAS HAPPY. Ii hope. :puffer:

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
@warweasel I have to go feed my kids supper so I don't have time to comment on your full post, but I just wanted to say quickly that I told my husband about the game. He looked it up on Amazon & started laughing. The kids were in the room so he sent me a text saying "This is what came up when I looked up the game" with a screenshot AND IT WAS A NEKED LADY POLE DANCING :shocked: :shocked::shocked: bahahahahaha I couldn't tell if he was mortified or pleased his wife directed him to a game with a hot stripper on the cover. He said "It gets really good reviews" SO I THINK HE WAS HAPPY. Ii hope. :puffer:
Yes... she's (not a main character) a pole dancer in Georgie Porgie's Pudding 'n Pie Club.

Georgie Porgie

georgie porgie twau.jpg

Georgie's a bit of a prick, lol.

As I said... the story is made of fairy tale/fantasy beings, but it's not a game for children. It's about murder and mayhem, after all.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
After 7 years of MBTI obsession and PersonalityCafe presence, I am proud to announce that I have started a Youtube channel on MBTI. :heart: I explore my MBTI insights and other things related to the 16 personality types, cognitive functions, etc.

Check it out here if curious:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9-IaRDIl4XjJIkad3RVuMA?view_as=subscriber
I watched a few of your videos and really enjoyed the way you clearly describe functions! :encouragement:
You’re clear with your communications and get your point across in a ‘ To the point ‘ and understandable way. Thanks for sharing your new channel and I will be sure to keep watching. You made me smile, too because I could see similarities in your mannerisms with myself and other INFJs. :smilee:

37021 - 37040 of 37084 Posts