Personality Cafe banner

37081 - 37087 of 37087 Posts

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
We have a curfew here and the National Guard still deployed. I don't think this is going to go away any time soon. Obviously I don't condone looting, destruction of property and all that... and I don't know who's been caught at it here, but seems the ones (that city police chiefs are willing to talk about, anyway) that are being caught at it elsewhere are quite often outside instigators. White supremacist groups, anarchists, Antifa and perhaps even some influencers from Russia and ISIS.

I'm not sure we're a big enough city to attract such attention.

I watched some last night, as you can read in the post... some of the protests and what not. The protest at the Capital building here was peaceful. No tear gas, no scuffles with State Troopers... nothing. The troopers were standing on the stairs of the capital with their shields, but they were resting their shields on the ground in front of them, rather than holding them. Nobody approached them, they did not approach anyone. The protesters demonstrated peacefully and then moved along.

The protest down the street at the Hall of Justice was more ugly. The Sheriffs Dept. decided to disperse the crowd, as soon as they started moving, people started confronting them. Water bottles started getting thrown, shields came into play... a young lady was thrown to the ground by her hair by a deputy and tear gas was shot, less then lethal, people arrested, etc, etc, etc.

It was hard to watch and not notice the difference in response by the law enforcement and the effect it had on the response of the crowd. Legally the Sheriff's dept. was well within it's rights. It was an hour after the curfew, they told the crowd to disperse (after letting them hang out for an hour or so) and they didn't.

I just wonder if maybe... if the deputies could've shown some sign of solidarity? Some sort of we hear you sort of thing and not been as aggressive, perhaps the crowd would've responded better?

I don't know. It's hard to say. Tensions and emotions on both sides are very high. I just think that if cooler heads would prevail a little and maybe work together to help disperse the crowds and stop the violence, maybe that might actually work a little bit better than just... doing what you're legally allowed to do, you know?

Sometimes you have to bend/break the rules a bit to do the right thing.

This is not the right thing. Like... seriously. What the fuck.

Keep it classy, SLCPD (Salt Lake City, UT).

Another interesting thing to me during this whole thing that's going on is that there are cops that are being fired for police brutality (excessive force) during protests that are taking place because of police brutality. I mean... seriously? There are a metric shit ton of cameras all 'round, including the media, and you can't control yourself? I get being upset and frustrated and angry (both sides) but... if you are a police officer and you know there are cameras watching every move you make and you still cannot control yourself? You're probably in the wrong career field. Just sayin.

I don't know what the evening will bring here. No alerts have popped up on my phone or anything, so we'll see.

I had the puppos outside before sending them off to my mom's room so I could get ready for work. It's nice and warm outside today... 90s. About time... the weather's been so ugh lately. 90s is pretty warm and I don't like baking, really, but there was also a lot of wind... lots of wind... so, it wasn't as bad as all that. I didn't even have to turn the patio ceiling fan on or anything.

I did a little gaming whilst the big pup laid about (his favorite hobby, lazy slug!) and the wee pup chased the disc I was tossing to him every couple minutes. (Didn't want to over do it, it being hot and he not being acclimated yet) I'm sure they're both going to sleep well tonight. That will make my mom happy. Usually they sleep pretty well, but sometimes they're restless because they know I'm not here. My poor laddies. 🐶🐶

The protesters are the Hall of Justice again. Curfew is in 3 mins. (9p tonight as opposed to the 8p of last night) The people speaking were telling people to remain peaceful and resist, but not fight or destroy or burn. So... we'll see how that works out I guess.

Work is still it's boring covid-19, low population self right at the moment. Total of four on my unit. Malachi was a secondary yesterday (as was Isaiah) and since I had so little clothes, he folded them in the laundry room for me... so I literally had pretty much nothing to do all night long. Mal folded and sorted... so I all I had to do was assemble my sets and put them away. About... 5 mins? Maybe?

Talked with Malachi for a while. Because I could, for a change.

We were remembering stuff. Before Sam quit, he would walk around all high and mighty and be a dickhead and what not, supervisory wide. And we were remembering he and Phil together (as supervisors) after Brad (supervisor) left. Brad was basically what kept them honest. When he quit, Phil and Sam ran amok. They would change people's (quite often Malachi's) post assignments so that all their friends would be available to meet in the max security unit and play video games all night. (Usually golf... cuz more players could play at once)

And Sam & Phil and their cronies would call around on the phone and order pizzas... just for them. I remember the first time I caught them at it... I was going outside for break and walked past the training room and they were all in there with the door shut (it locks if it's shut), with their pizza and bread sticks and wings and stuff... chomping away.

I was never included. Malachi was never included. Kate was never included.

And then they talk about teamwork. 🖕

Gotta dip, I've run outta time already.

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
A much better night in the city last night. The protesters at the HoJ were peaceful... lead by high school students. Unlike the night before, there was no law enforcement presence at all. The protesters did their bit and then left. No violence, no nonsense. They marched to the capital building where the state police and the national guard were hanging out. Law enforcement only approached protesters to kneel with them for 9 minutes, in memory of George Floyd. And that was that...

There were some idiots in a different part of the city trying to loot a Target store, but they were not related to the protest and they where a few miles away, so... yeah.

The difference in the crowd of protesters when there was a high (riot gear covered clad) presence of police officers vs. when there was no law enforcement presence was... night and day. I honestly don't know why they (the sheriff's dept.) didn't do this the night before. I mean, it seems common sense to me... that by bringing in and massing a metric shit ton of officers, in full riot gear (with other officers on the roof with all manner of weapons aimed down at protesters) that you might actually be escalating a situation, even if that wasn't your intent.

I dunno. I'm looking at it from a corrections perspective, I suppose. When we have a shit show happening (and we have had riots before in my facility) we don't have any guns. Or pepper spray. Or tear gas. Or riot gear. Or batons. Or dogs. Or flash bangs. We got none of that.

We have our words and our hands/feet. That's it. (We do have a couple of shields and I think like 3 helmets, but that's it) When you and your adversary are standing on equal ground like that... when you've no more weapons or means to protect yourself than they do? You tend to learn to use your fucking words. You learn how to de escalate and how to remove players who are causing escalation. (Sometimes it's intentional, sometimes it's not, but they still gotta go) You my still end up going hands on, but a lot of times you can prevent doing that by just using your words.

The only thing I recommend not doing when using your words is the reflective listening technique. It's really not effect on people over the age of about... 10 yrs old. You pull that shit with me and I'm going to be even more pissed. What I do recommend is listening. Listening first. Asking questions. And then trying to work out a solution. Sometimes the solution, once all parties have calmed down enough to chat, isn't even a huge dealio.

It's hot outside. That's part of the reason I'm inside. The main reason is because I stayed up too late this morning and now tired because I didn't get enough sleep. And being outside in the heat, with a tired noggin' seemed like a good idea to end up with a headache, if not an outright migraine. No sense in trying to get shit started when I can just stay inside today and have a bit of a nap or rest here in a bit before going to work.

That time this morning went by fast. Next thing I knew, it was well past my bedtime. I need to watch the time better, I guess. Lest I suffer for it on the other end.

My niece had a bit of heart surgery today. It was not a serious surgery. Well, I mean... it was surgery, on her heart, but as far as heart surgeries go, it wasn't a serious issue that was being corrected nor was it a serious surgery in correcting it. And by serious, I mean like life altering/life ending. She got that done today, she's home already.

She started have this (non life threatening) issue with her in high school. I don't know the exact name of it (I did at one point years ago, but I've forgotten)... basically, part of her heart (a wee part) sometimes loses it's shit and decides to dance to the beat of it's own drummer. So she had an ablation. And hopefully that will stop it's nonsense.

My mom had to go in for a echo last week cuz they thought something was going on with her heart... and the results came back and her heart is fine. She just needs to up her bp meds a bit... the pressure was a bit (not terrible) high and causing some sort of a ruckus. So... yeah.

Lots of nonsense going on in the background.

Nothing else really going on around here. Business as usual. Work is boring. Not to much to note there. Though I did get back another leave request for July... so now I have 3 four day weekends in a row. I also peeped the schedule and they have me marked off on July 5... but not July 4 or 6. Which... what's the point of having the 5th off all by itself? There is no point. So... it seems pretty obvious that I'll be working over the holiday. Even though they will have had four months to cover those shifts.

Of course, I though one other one was going to end up like that and in the end, it ended up approved... so stranger things have happened. But... we have so few part timers. And even less that want to actually work. Even less than that who want to work 3rd shift and even less than that who want work a holiday... even though that's the entire reason that they're hired... to cover vacations and holidays.

We've hired three more, but I'm not holding my breath on that. I was so excited when they hired three like about six months ago... never have seen any of them working. Not once. Ever.

I was exciting because when they're brand new, they tend to work whatever is available. And then two weeks to a month later, you never seen them again. Or rarely and it's never on 3rd shift. Dickholes.

July is going to be awesome, though, regardless. I'm going to working very little of it. So... when my leave gets denined for the 4th-6th... I'm wondering what to do... should I take off two days two weeks in a row in August then? Make it like... five weeks in a row that I have four day weekends?

Jesus... Natalie's fucking head would explode. :p

I'm not doing any of it to annoy her, for the record. Just like I didn't take 3 day weekends for 8 weeks back during the winter to annoy her. I just didn't want to be at work. Wasn't thinking about her at all.

I might go to RN's this Friday. She asked me last week if I wanted to come over, but by the time I saw the message (I'm not one whose phone is attached at the hip, particularly when I'm at home) hours after she sent it and then she wanted me to come over and it was like... 730p... and I had dogs out and I wasn't dressed and hadn't showered and... I just said that maybe we could meet up this week and hang out.

It should be a good day for pool time, too. It's supposed to be hot as fuck all week. So, we'll see how it goes. I can only take the big pup. I don't want any dog fights. The wee pup would be terrified and he's not good with strangers (people or dogs), either. I don't want anyone to get bit. I want to bring him and see how it goes, but if it goes poorly, then I have to load him up and drive all the way back home. I dunno.

I think he'd have a blast with pup that she got last spring. If he could chill balls long enough to realize she doesn't want to eat him or whatever it is he thinks strangers are going to do with him. He's such a fucking spaz! Big pup loves everybody... he's not a problem at all.

Moderators on a local forum I belong to are like... sigh. Every month or so, they decide that doing something or other is causing a problem... and then you can't do it anymore. The current new motives are that you can't (general) questions and that you have to have a photo (your own photo, not one snatched off the interwebs) on every post. Because... I have no fucking idea. Other than the reply of too man people are asking general questions, explanation. I pretty much stopped posting maybe a year or so ago when one of my posts was removed for violating the rules... despite other people having (repeatedly, before during and after) violating the same rule. And no, it wasn't anything that could be construed as negative in any way shape or form, for the record.

People are confused. I'm not. Moderators on forums tend to be like this. I've been on forums since way back in the pre world wide web days. Back in newsgroups and shit. It's moderators across the board (broadly speaking) and for years. I'm not sure why... some mods micromanage the piss outta stuff.

I've had bad moderator interactions on every forum I've been on, including this one. It's just how it works. (Not saying all moderators are this way, some are quite cool. Some are quite not.)

I had my own forum once, eons and eons ago. I didn't moderate it. Figured everyone was a grown up and as such they were quite capable of sorting shit out themselves. I had only one rule and that rule was Don't Be A Dick. I never had to boot anyone. Of course, it was a smaller forum, not like a had a thousand or three people on it, but... still.

I get that larger forums need some guidance, as it were... a little community policing or what not. And that's fine... it's when the moderation is illogical or silly or just... weird. Like... da fuq, dude? I don't do well with shit that doesn't make any sort of sense. I think I might've mentioned that before. :unsure:

Well... think I'm going to go have a lie about for a while before work. I'll leave you with this because I actually like the hurdy gurdy. This is a little different than what I'm used to hearing from a hurdy gurdy, but I like it.

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
omg something happened here and i feel so lost lol o_O
Yeah. It sucks, too. The death knells of PerC.

~~~

Last night. Woot. 😁 (Man, I miss all the little drinking emojis...)

I tried to be able to go home early tomorrow morning by 1.25 hrs, because I have 1.25 hours of PTO that I need to get rid of before I lose it, but... we don't have enough staff. (Gee... shocker, that.) So. I'm doing it on Saturday. Which is kind of a waste... I mean, I get to go home early, but it's not like getting an early start on the days off or anything, it's just going home early and... nothing.

Not much I can do about it. My choices were Saturday or Sunday. Didn't really matter, both would amount to the same thing in the end, so I just took Saturday, since it is closer and since I'm leaving, Natalie won't be able to do so. 😜 No, I really didn't do it to mess with her... I really wanted to do it tomorrow, just ended up being Saturdays. But... yeah. Two birds, one stone, eh?

Work is so fucking boring. I was on max security last night. My one night of something different is the exact same thing in a different location. Yay me. There's a bit more to do over there because there are more youth over there as half the unit is for quarantine... for new inmates. Two weeks they spend locked up in that unit... most of the time in their cells. (Because only one can be out at a time. One out, disinfect. Next one out, disinfect, etc.)

On 3rd shift it's not a thing, of course. There's just twice as many kids. And even that ain't much.

I had a sore foot this morning. I had a wrinkle in my sock... didn't bother me until the night was about over. By the time I got home, I wanted nothing more than to rip my boots off and find out what was making my foot hurt so much. That's when I found the wrinkle in the sock. Amazing how much something as little as that can cause all matter of ruckus.

Went to sleep (it still hurt) and dreamt that I had pain in my foot and when I looked at it there was this weird growth thing going on. Well... it didn't look like a growth, really. It was kinda squarish and then had a top that sorta looked like bloody, splintered bone. So... dream me decides this is probably bad and goes to the hospital. I tell them about it and they pull my sock off (no idea why I would've put a sock back on) and instead of one icky lump thing going on, there are now three. They look clustered like... broccoli or some shit.

The nurse is looking and it picks at one of them a bit and then just pulls the top off. It's like... crumbly black shit.

And all I could think of in the dream, at the point in time, was that they were going to cut off my foot. I thought it was gangrene. But, you know... I woke up, so I didn't get any confirmation from any doctor or anything.

Usually things like that don't enter my dream. Like things happening around me or to me don't end up in my dreams. I think my foot was probably still hurting a bit from the wrinkle when I went to sleep, that's probably why I dreamt what I did. But who the hell knows? Brains are weird.

Someone asked me today what I would have done had I been present when George Floyd was being murdered by members of the Minneapolis police department. And you know what? That's a really good question... and not a very easy one to answer.

While I'm 999.9% sure I would have intervened, the dealio is that I don't know when I would've done that. As a civilian, even as someone who works in the law enforcement arena, there is some caution to be used when confronting police. Yes? And as a member of the law enforcement arena, all other things being equal, I would still likely not attempt to intervene right away.

It's not fear, it's more like... a hesitation to step on the toes of members of another agency. And it's not the gang mentality... more like professional courtesy + the belief (hope) that these are reasonable officers, reasonably trained professionals who will be able to self regulate.

Feel me? It's not a fear to intervene and piss someone off... or even get arrested or whatever, it's the belief that they are you. That they are a professional and have been trained and out in the streets in uniform... and that because of those things that will act as you would act under the same circumstances. (This is hard to explain...)

So I don't think I would intervene directly. I pretty much know with 100% certainty that I would not. But... I believe most certainly that I would have intervened when it became apparent that they were going to self regulate and correct the problem of their own accord.

That's what I would have done, I believe, had I been there when George Floyd was being murdered. Now... at this point in time, after having witnessed that? I think now I would react much more quickly. For the sake of all involved. After watching that man die right in front of me (on video, of course)... yeah. Just... I would act now and probably pretty quickly. (still giving whomever is doing the nonsense, the opportunity to self correct.)

I hope that others would now do the same. Physically react to the situation in order to stop it. I'm not saying to beat the piss out of the cop, but... push, shove, wrestle to the ground... whatever. I don't know that people will... people quite often tend to be very placid when such things happen. Don't want to get involved, don't want to get hurt, etc.

I get that, but still. Do something. Of course the problem with physically intervening is that you're going to go to jail for it. You should be aware of that... and you may have to ride those charges out if nobody's filming. So... there's that, too. One has to think through all the consequences, which is why intervention is a hard decision to make.

Got the news rolling in the background. Not because of protests, but because of the weather. It's about an hour out, but it don't look good. That's fun. Six years ago today, I left for work an hour late (I called, of course) due to the weather being downright shit. (70 mph winds, rain, ping pong ball sized hail) I had no desire to be stuck out on the interstate or whatever, in the midst of any of that nonsense.

You know the weather ain't good when the local news weather peeps are all at work and doing live broadcasts and live updates and all that fun stuff.

I hope it doesn't rain too much. I really want to be able to play with the puppos in the morning. We didn't play outside tonight because it's really hot and I didn't want to be out there and then have to go to work and be hot (our ac is questionable most of the time) whilst wearing a mask and breathing my own hot air all over myself. (This morning, the first thing I did after letting the dogs out was take all my clothes off. (except my drawers) Not even kidding. I was so fucking hot... and not it's warm over night, too, so you can't even step outside to cool off! Bah!

Anyway. 'Tis that time. Be safe out there people. And do better, eh? We should all do better.

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
It's like... 2p and I'm just waking up. Kinda bums me out, man.

I'll probably go outside here in a bit, let the dogs have some fun.

I didn't really sleep in, as it were, though obviously I've slept late. It's not my fault. I stayed up all day yesterday, playing with the dogs. All. Day. Well over 24 hrs. Had some chow, napped on the couch for a while (so the pups could still play, but mostly they were tired like me) before going to bed. Went to bed around 10p or thereabouts.

Woke at midnight to the scream of my (electric) carbon monoxide detector in my bedroom. The thing lets out a high pitch, blood curdling screech. Like... fucking seriously annoying. And it's set off because the power went out. (That's the only time it's ever screamed at me!) I can hear the storm outside. Wind... things banging off the house... rain.

Fantastic. Have to navigate out to my living room... and this is all down in the cave, understand... at night, without power. Dark as fuck. The only light I had was the brief bits that would light up when lightening would flash in the laundry room window. Made it without banging into anything or stubbing any toes ('tis my house, after all) and picked up my flashlight and my phone.

Thought I should find out if there was a tornado or some shit going on outside.

There wasn't. Just the same weather as the night before. It just started right on top of the city this time (as to an hour away and the coming here) and went north (my side) as opposed to south.

80 mph winds, torrential rain, lots of thunder and lightening. No hail. Some place had hail, they were talking about it on the phone, but not us.

Had 30 minutes of storm and 2.5 hrs without power. Yay!

After the storm passed, I went outside with my flash light to see what damage we had (to see if any of our trees came down, because trees did come down in other places) and didn't see anything. Lots of large limbs down and lots and lots and lots of small branches down. But nothing that caused damage.

Then I went back to bed. But it was so quiet. I normally sleep with the fan on (on high) and the tv on. (Volume on, but lowish) I sleep better when there's some noise. Not a lot, but some. Also... have this noise in my room cancels out most of the noise from outside during the day. Or dulls it enough that it doesn't wake me.

So... I spent probably 45 minutes not sleeping and being annoyed by that because I was really tired. Finally, I decided that I would find a podcast to listen to (fall asleep to) on my phone. So I found one about serial killers and listened to that and finally that put me to sleep.

Only to be woke up when the power came back on, of course. The tv came on... and my brain just knew that there were two different things "talking" at once. How it knows such things in my sleep, I have no idea. Got up then and put the fan back on and turned my phone off... and back to sleep I went.

But the dogs woke me up early. Too early. Bah. So, I let them out and had some breakfast. And I had to make breakfast twice because the wee pup stole my fucking sandwich off the counter whilst I was putting the meat away, the little fucker. I let him keep it. Not like I was going to eat it after all... but made him share with the big pup.

Little fucker has never done that before, ever. Must've just been way too tempting! I wasn't very happy about that, but... whatever. He's cute, so he got away with it. He's lucky!

After breakfast, I went to lie back on the couch for a while and... I've been knocked the fuck out ever since. Which is awesome cuz I'm not like stupid tired anymore. Yay.

I noticed at work that Natalie started doing her paperwork all the sudden. (She'd not been doing parts of it for at least two weeks) As much as it aggravates me that she's so lazy, I'm not a snitch... someone will figure it out eventually and take care of it. The parts that she wasn't doing weren't particularly important or anything like that, so whatever...

Then this past week, I saw that she had done it. I said something to Isaiah about it and he was like Oh, about that... Montrelle tore her ass up. Told her to do her job, he was tired of her telling him no and then not doing shit. He pretty much lost his shit on her.

Ok. Well. Montrelle is our other supervisor. But he mostly works 2nd shift... except on Thursday and Friday. Then he's the supervisor on 3rd shift because it's Kelly's days off. And he's new(ish) and still doesn't know what the fuck he's doing and he's the one that keeps telling Rita to go help Natalie do her job.

So, apparently, when he tells Natalie to go do something she says no. Just flat out tells him no and ignores him. And finally, after all this time, he got tired of it and flipped his shit on her. Which she really needs. She's so used to Kelly (and Sam) kissing her ass and letting her do (or not do) whatever she wants. All she has to do is pitch a fucking fit like a 2 yr old and she gets away with not doing what she's supposed to be doing.

Hell, even Montrelle has been making Rita go in there, after she's finished her own work, to go help Natalie do hers. (And remember now, how little there is to do because of our extremely low population and how bored I am? I can't even imagine having someone come help me at this point in time. With what?!?!)

About time someone kicked her in the ass.

Shit, that time last winter when they were installing the new cameras and intercoms and stuff and we had to all be in max security (inmates, staff and supervisors) all night long. And I was on the max max part with my inmates and Sam came in there and told me to sweep in there. I said I'd consider it. Which was just a smart ass reply to him. (I had every intention of sweeping it because there was a large dead bug under one of the tables and it was bugging me... but I was going to do it when I felt like, which was not right that moment)

Sam, immediately goes to Kelly and starts trying force her to write me up for refusing to sweep the floor. Immediately. And I know this because he did it within earshot of Isaiah who was listening thinking da fuq?! I mean, seriously... Sam is immediately going to write me up? Really? The only reason I didn't get written up is because Kelly refused and Sam is too much of a coward to do it himself.

Wonder what he thought when I later swept the floor? And mopped it. Because I was bored. And brought him the (dangerously) broken mop? I just did that because I felt like it at the moment. Isaiah didn't tell me any of what happened until the next day. (It would've been hard with all of us in the same area, after all)

No kind of bias against me showing there at all. 🖕

Someone on one of the local forums asked what white privilege is... truly wanting to know and to have a open (and civil) discussion about things. Some people, of course, were not civil at all and went off on their rants about there being no such thing and blah, blah, blah, blah. Others, including myself tried to explain it.

Thing is, it's hard to explain. I used two examples. This one...

This one is about privilege in general... but it works for race as well.

Immediately people had to jump in and to say that there were white people in the back, too (there were) and that they wouldn't get many steps ahead, either. Had to point out that whilst there were white people in the back (a few) there were no black people at the front. Since this is about privilege in general, it's not 100%, but pretty good, I think.

Then I shared this one, which is probably better.

The woman in in the video is Jane Elliott. She's been teaching and speaking about racism (anti racism) since the day after the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King was assassinated. She is well known for the blue eye/brown eye experiment... which teaches us about bias. (And has been replicated in various forms for the past 50+ years) Chances are, if you've had any type of psychology classes at all, you're probably at least aware of these social experiments in some form or another.

The original poster was quite happy about the information he got and he was quite annoyed by the people that were being outright dickheads and not choosing to have civil discourse. (It wasn't about agreeing or disagreeing... it's just that some... most... of those that disagreed were less than civil about it, let's just say...)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Warning: Kinda graphic.

My step-dad is a badass. Crazy and determined, but badass. The other day we had a really bad storm and it knocked a lot of trees in the neighborhood down. We have a tree in the front of our house that is slowly rotting from the inside so he decided it must come down before the next storm takes it down with the powerlines.

Instead of waiting for my brother and sister's boyfriend to help him, he climbed a ladder with a chainsaw and tried to do it himself. Watching him stand on a small broken branch was anxiety inducing so I went inside after saying over and over again it was a bad idea and I don't feel good about it.

15 minutes later I hear someone run into the house and my sister yelling, "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" I ran into the living just in time to watch my youngest brother running into the house bawling his eyes out screaming that his dad got hurt. My heart dropped. I got to the door and my step-dad turned to me, his whole upper body was covered in blood.

The chainsaw had bounced off the tree (while he still on the ladder) and hit him in the face and hand. It sliced him from his mouth to his cheek about an inch in and caught the top of his wrist. The chainsaw also bounced on his chest but luckily he was wearing a thick thermo and the material got caught in the chainsaw.

As my brother was calling for an ambulance, he kept saying he don't need to go until my mom yelled at him and said his cheek is literally split in half.

He reluctantly went to the hospital and you know what his crazy ass did when he got home? Stood by the front door and said he's gonna try again.

Next day he really did try again, but this time no ladder. And he got that motherfucker down.

Also, this incident also exposed who the racist is in our neighborhood. We live on a quiet street so when there's an ambulance and cops cars and people all frantic, it's bound to draw some attention. Apparently the old lady across the street came outside just to yell something about our people (we're Asian) and coronavirus and slammed the door shut.

It's kind of crazy how the mind of a racist person works, you see an emergency and people in distress and first thing that comes to mind is that you need to be vocal about your hatred?

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Warning: Kinda graphic.

My step-dad is a badass. Crazy and determined, but badass. The other day we had a really bad storm and it knocked a lot of trees in the neighborhood down. We have a tree in the front of our house that is slowly rotting from the inside so he decided it must come down before the next storm takes it down with the powerlines.

Instead of waiting for my brother and sister's boyfriend to help him, he climbed a ladder with a chainsaw and tried to do it himself. Watching him stand on a small broken branch was anxiety inducing so I went inside after saying over and over again it was a bad idea and I don't feel good about it.

15 minutes later I hear someone run into the house and my sister yelling, "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" I ran into the living just in time to watch my youngest brother running into the house bawling his eyes out screaming that his dad got hurt. My heart dropped. I got to the door and my step-dad turned to me, his whole upper body was covered in blood.

The chainsaw had bounced off the tree (while he still on the ladder) and hit him in the face and hand. It sliced him from his mouth to his cheek about an inch in and caught the top of his wrist. The chainsaw also bounced on his chest but luckily he was wearing a thick thermo and the material got caught in the chainsaw.

As my brother was calling for an ambulance, he kept saying he don't need to go until my mom yelled at him and said his cheek is literally split in half.

He reluctantly went to the hospital and you know what his crazy ass did when he got home? Stood by the front door and said he's gonna try again.

Next day he really did try again, but this time no ladder. And he got that motherfucker down.

Also, this incident also exposed who the racist is in our neighborhood. We live on a quiet street so when there's an ambulance and cops cars and people all frantic, it's bound to draw some attention. Apparently the old lady across the street came outside just to yell something about our people (we're Asian) and coronavirus and slammed the door shut.

It's kind of crazy how the mind of a racist person works, you see an emergency and people in distress and first thing that comes to mind is that you need to be vocal about your hatred?

Jesus Christ! He's lucky he didn't cut his own damn head off! I hate chainsaws. I've never used one. I would, if I had to, but I don't like them. They're stupid dangerous. One little (or big) slip and nothing good is going to happen. I'm glad he's ok... and it wasn't worse!

Determined, though, eh? :p God love 'em for taking that motherfucker down! He won! And he will have some bad ass battle scars too!

Two of my cousins are Asian as well. Well half, of course. They've had shit slung at them since the covid-19 thing. It pisses me off and whomever is doing that shit is glad I'm not around when it happens, that's all I have to say. I don't worry about them getting hurt so much because they're Asian and female. I worry more about my black cousin... cuz he's black... and a young dude, you know? If some stupid racist shit goes down, he's far more likely to be the victim of it than they are.

Racists need to just... rot. Die and rot. Fuckers.

37081 - 37087 of 37087 Posts