Personality Cafe banner

37361 - 37380 of 37431 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I am forever fascinated by the thought that there are nearly 8 billion people on this planet, yet we are our own person. I have control over a whole person, and that’s a pretty awesome thing. Nobody else can control me but me. I mean, there’s some amount of control I guess & one could bring up a lot of arguments about ways people are controlled. But ultimately, we control our thought processes & all we are capable of accomplishing. Yet so many of us waste it. We waste ourselves. We throw away so much potential. Every human has unfathomable potential and we take it for granted. Anyway WORD SALAD.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
It was in the 60s here. On Christmas week. Weird. 🤨

It's supposed to snow tomorrow, cuz... yeah. That's how weather works in the middle.

It's actually been unseasonably warm nearly all of "winter" so far. So much so that when it got actual cold last week, I thought the thermostat was going out in my truck because the heat wasn't as warm as usual. Then it got warmer again and the heat was blasting... ohhhhhh... well, that's good then.

The other day Kelly asked me to diagnose her dog. Older female dog, sudden (large) mass down around the groin area... not there one day and there the next, she said. Ok... well, it seemed likely to me that it was probably a hernia. She's older, she's female, it's in an area for a common dog hernia, an inguinal hernia. I Googled images and showed her what they look like and she said that's what her dog looked like.

Well, she had to take both of her dogs to the vet yesterday and discovered they're both dying from cancer. The dog I thought had a hernia is full of cancer, probably uterine cancer (she didn't tell she'd never spayed the dog)... that dog has 1 to 3 months. Her other dog, which she already suspected was dying, is also cancer ridden and has only days.

I felt bad for her, that's shit news to get. Find out both of your wee furry ones are dying on the same day. Ugh. I was also bummed out because I was wrong. I was sure it was a hernia. She said it came on suddenly and she didn't tell me the dog hadn't been spayed, so... both of those things were misleading. The tumor was probably there for a while, she just didn't find it. I know some tumors can grow super fast, but they don't grow from nonexistent to a very large mass overnight.

Got Todd's gift yesterday. Two hot chocolate "bombs". Like bath bombs, I guess. You drop them in a mug and then pour hot milk over them and stir till things are properly melted and there ya go. His wife made them. She makes things, mostly popcorn, and sells it. Because she doesn't work. I've heard tell that the stuff is pretty good. I'm kinda interested in trying the balls... but I'll probably wait until Christmas night or something. When it's actually cold again.

Todd was going off last night after briefing about all the politicians that were posing for "fake" vaccination photo ops, he tossed out Nancy Pelosi's name and I think he would've tossed out others if he had any more to throw out there. He said there were photos and videos and the cap was still on and blah, blah, blah.

When I got into central control, all I could find were photos debunking the claim that Todd was making. The photos in question were from only one angle where you couldn't really see anything, but some orange... but when you see the photos of the same event from a different angle, you can clearly see that the orange thingy isn't a needle cap... and you can clearly and easily see the needle.

I figured such would be the case. Any time one of my wing nut coworkers goes on some rant about some photo or video about someone (insert liberal) they hate doing/saying something untoward I can usually find the photo or video in question and easily debunk it in about... 5 to 10 seconds. They so want to believe the nonsense, they shut their wee little brains off and just roll with it.

Natalie did this once with Obama. He said this and that and that in this speech! On film! It was all horrible stuff about tearing apart the country and what not, too. So I had her text me the link to the video and within that 5 t0 10 second frame debunked it by having the smarts to know that any time Obama said bad things in the video, it switched from being focused on him and panned out to the crowd. What a convenient way to cover up words not matching actions!

Also, the entire unedited video and transcript were readily available. I told her why the video was fake and how I knew, then sent her a link to the actual video and a transcript of the actual video. She didn't have any replies to that.

The fact that these two (and others) run around calling other people sheep is pretty amusing to me. Makes me wonder if they're not in the QAnon crowd. They're about of that mentality and intellect, so I'd not be surprised at all.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
I am so tired.

I did not sleep well today. Or long. I was sleeping along pretty well until I had to pee... then heartburn decided it'd like to get itself going and that was the end of sleeping. I don't usually get heartburn, but mom bought some cheap ass frozen pizza from Walmart and... that's all it took.

So. I slept for about 3.5-4 hrs. So. Works going to suck. And then I have to go to pt right after. And tomorrow we do Christmas with the fam, too. I'm going to be tarred tomorrow, y'all.

That phrasing reminds me of the book I'm reading; Where the Crawdads Sing. I'm enjoyed it quite a bit so far, it's nicely written and a good story, so far. I'll probably finish it tonight. I have one more book waiting in my queue to read and then I'll be out of books again. Damn it. Crawdads is about a little girl who grows up, abandoned, in the marsh and swamps of North Carolina back in the 50s and 60s... and a murder.

I've really only a couple of complaints of the book and they're just little things that bug me personally and don't take away, at all, from the story. 1) I think the forensics of the book are ahead of what forensics would've actually been for the time period. 2) Names of some of the characters would've been a rarity for the time period. (ie, names that are more common in the 90s/2000s than the 1940s when most of the characters were born.) But that's me. Things like that I notice... because I do.

My last book is some sort of murder mystery, I think. It's the first in a series... so if it's good, I'll have more to read. But we'll have to see. It was recommended to me by my uncle so... I'm not sure of his reading tastes, let's just say.

It snowed today. Yesterday was 63F and todays the winds blowing 50+ mph and it's snowing. My nephew, on his drive from his house out here to his parents' house, had a big rig jackknife right in front of him... scared the piss outta him. The driver was able to drive out of it without anything bad happening, but my nephew said that's about the most scared driving he's ever been.

So. I'll have a lovely drive to work, likely.

He was out for our mini Christmas just for him as he can't attend tomorrow because of work. The girl child bought him a bunch of clothes because she doesn't like that way he dresses. :ROFLMAO: Sisters, man. :p He looked totally put out wearing this stuff, too. Khakis and fancy shirts... he looked fine, as far as the clothes went, but you could tell he hated all of it. She apparently disapproves of his baggy jeans and tshirts.

He wears baggy jeans because he's hard to size. He's tall, with long legs and big quads. So... if he buys jeans/pants that fit his waist, he can't get them over his big ass quads. (I feel him, I've massive quads... I also wear loose fit jeans and jeans that are at least one size above the size I actually wear (then cinch 'em down tight with a belt).

Which is why I declined to remove my belt at the airports when the boy and I visited Scotland and Ireland. Iffin I take my belt off and raise my hands above my head, my jeans will be down around my ankles, lickety split. As lovely as all my drawers are, I didn't think everyone across four countries needed to see them. 😁

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
I hope you can get some good rest, @warweasel. Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas! Hope you're having a fabu day! And yes... I did get some sleep, finally! Of course, since I fell asleep around 630p last night, I'm now awake at 0300, but... whatever! It's all good!

No word makes me shut down faster than the word “what”. I don’t like the word hate, but I hate that word.
Lord, your head would implode here... my mom can't hear shit, sooooooooooo... :p

~~~
🎅

Ho ho ho and Merry Christmas, you filthy animals! Hope you all are enjoying the holidays to the best of your abilities.

Mine is over. It was last night... it was brief (about 2.5 hrs) and that was that. It's not the all day affair that it was when I was a kid. Now it's more like a wham bam thank ya ma'am sorta deal. Part of it, for me, is my mom. She's afraid if she's not in bed by 630p, she'll turn into a pumpkin or something. The other part is that, other than my wee niece, there aren't any children and the adults have places to be. (Home is distant for my bro & sil, plus the boy has work and the girl child & the OLB have to do more than one Xmas, etc.)

It basically goes like this now; Eat. Open gifts. Go home. The end.

I'm not fundamentally opposed, honestly, but it'd be nice to be able to talk to those I don't see in person often, especially during the pandemic. But... it's all good, I suppose. And today's all for myself. Though I'm not sure what we're eating tonight because I just looked in the fridge and it's bare. Quite, even.

Which reminds me... my mom was in such a hurry to go to bed last night (we got home at 630p) that she left the food she brought home (we celebrated at my dad's gf's house) just sitting on the kitchen table. Had I not noticed it there before I came down to the cave, it would've all been left to spoil overnight. Good job, mom!

I found out a couple of days ago (Tues) that my nephew has a gf now. And the gf has an ex bf who's... I won't use the word psycho, but... yeah. He was abusive (verbally) and now he messages (Facebook? I'm not sure) my nephew all the time, wanting to meet him here and there to talk.

So. That's fun. My nephew is just ignoring him, but... you never know with this kind of shit.

Today, I shall game. And nap, most likely... being up so early and all. (I was out of bed at 0300, but was awake about an hour earlier than that.) I have some new games on Steam I'd like to step into and then work some more on Spiderman... get through that and get onto other things that I've not finished on PS4... and then, maybe replay Days Gone... I do hope there is a sequel, they set it up so there could be... but I really did enjoy that world and that game.

And laundry. That's what there is for my schedule today. Exciting! 🤘

Because I'm a drummer... I leave you with a coupe of versions of my favorite Christmas song.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I want you to be the one to fall in love with me, so I'm not the one who ends up getting hurt.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Merry Christmas! Hope you're having a fabu day! And yes... I did get some sleep, finally! Of course, since I fell asleep around 630p last night, I'm now awake at 0300, but... whatever! It's all good!
3:00 am wake-up is not fun, but I’m glad you got a solid 8 hrs in first!

Lord, your head would implode here... my mom can't hear shit, sooooooooooo... :p
Haha my post was unclear. I don’t mind a “what” when one can’t physically hear me. That’s no biggie jiggy.:) The type of “what” I hate is when one doesn’t understand what I’ve just said. I guess how it’s said matters too. If it’s someone I really care about, I’m hyper-sensitive to it. Anyway. Life goes on. 🙂

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Haha my post was unclear. I don’t mind a “what” when one can’t physically hear me. That’s no biggie jiggy.:) The type of “what” I hate is when one doesn’t understand what I’ve just said. I guess how it’s said matters too. If it’s someone I really care about, I’m hyper-sensitive to it. Anyway. Life goes on. 🙂
Ah, yes. The Blank Stare crowd. I feel ya. I work with a great many of that lot. It's painful.

~~~
Is the work week over yet?

It's not bad, honestly. I just don't wanna. And I've not been sleeping well at all, which is likely due to the fact that I'm an insomniac who is currently out of insomniac meds. Yay!

I've also not been "cold sleeping" since my illness a week or so ago, whenever that was. Since I was all feverish and had chills, having the window open was not really an option. And I've not gone back since then... I probably should, as I do sleep a lot better when it's in the low 60s in my bedroom. But, I won't do that just yet as we're looking at an incoming winter storm. Since the window in question is a huge crank out egress window, I don't want it open if it's going to be all snowy and doing freezing rain, lest it get stuck open.

Though I've had snow on the (inside) window sill before, it's something I try to avoid. Also, it needs to be clear in case we need to conserve heat if the power goes out or some such thing.

Work is... blah. I'm reading a book called Memory Man. About a big (and fat) former footballer, former cop now private investigator who suffers from hyperthymesia and synethesia after taking a blow to the head on his first and only play in the NFL.

It's standard PI stuff, but it doesn't hurt my brain to read, so that's good news. I believe this character is in a series, so I might buy more iffin I like this book well enough. This is the last of the books I bought a while back. I tried to read them slow... but it hasn't worked very well.

Malachi surprised me this morning. As we were walking out to our vehicles he called Natalie an ungrateful bitch. I was plenty shocked. Malachi doesn't talk like that. He will tell people things they don't want to hear, but he's never angry about it, or rude or malicious in any way, shape or form. He's not saying anything to beat you down, he's trying to help you by telling your what you're doing (saying, whatever) is a no go... not acceptable and... chances are he's hinted this to you repeatedly before he ever comes out and directly says anything to you.

I've never ever ever in 20 yrs ever heard Malachi call anyone a name. Not for any reason, ever. So... the fact that he did? I about fell the fuck over, right in the parking lot.

Natalie was pissed because she had 4" suicide watch. She doesn't like to do anything, except run outside to smoke 50x a night, so this is more than a little inconvenient. (And 4" suicide watch sucks no matter who has to do them.) And this is was the 2nd night in a row, so she's even more annoyed.

Malachi was our secondary so he was doing his work and then stopping what he was doing every 15" to go onto Natalie's unit and help her out with rounds, paperwork, searches and laundry. He did this all night long, except when he was doing my breaks.

He did all of her rounds, even the 4" one, whilst she did her laundry because if someone else does her laundry she complains about it. (Not because she wants to do it, but because she doesn't want to do 4" checks, mind you.) She did all of her laundry. There was one set of sheets in the basket... she didn't fold them. Nor did she return the laundry basket to the laundry room.

As Malachi was walking out the door of the unit at 0555 she told him to not forget the sheets and basket because that's the secondary's job. Malachi ignored her and walked out the door... and in the parking lot called her an ungrateful bitch. He did 75% of her job last night and she couldn't be bothered to fold two sheets (whilst she was folding other laundry, mind you) and return the laundry cart.

Malachi will always help you. No matter what. I've done nothing but come walking out of my unit, limping from arthritis and had him show up do to rounds for me for the rest of the night. Without asking... he just does. He doesn't care, he has strong work ethic, never complains about having to do anything, ever. He'd do your job and his job and someone else's if you asked him to and he wouldn't complain or do a bad job. He'd just do it, no problem.

I'm not sure he'll be doing anything for Natalie anymore. Isaiah, Walter, Todd and Billy won't help her and this is why.

I'm not sure Natalie will come to work tonight. She was whining last night about her back hurting, which may or may not have actually been hurting, but whenever she starts to whine about something, that usually means a sick call is impending. Particularly if there is some other goodness like oh... 4" suicide watch stuff going on.

Dealing with Autumn and Joe... Malachi had to run up at the end of the shift and tell them to assign Natalie and the part timer, Aaron, to cover posts after he and I left. Because at 0555, they still hadn't done that. And if you don't tell people like Natalie (and any part timer) what to do, they'll do nothing but what they're already doing. So last minute, those two are trying to sort out how to cover the last 30 minutes of the shift with just two people. Five minutes before that needs to happen is not the time to start figuring it out.

And it's like this every time they're left alone.

I guess. It's that time. Interested to see how tonight plays out. 😁

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Ah, yes. The Blank Stare crowd. I feel ya. I work with a great many of that lot. It's painful.

~~~
Is the work week over yet?

It's not bad, honestly. I just don't wanna. And I've not been sleeping well at all, which is likely due to the fact that I'm an insomniac who is currently out of insomniac meds. Yay!

I've also not been "cold sleeping" since my illness a week or so ago, whenever that was. Since I was all feverish and had chills, having the window open was not really an option. And I've not gone back since then... I probably should, as I do sleep a lot better when it's in the low 60s in my bedroom. But, I won't do that just yet as we're looking at an incoming winter storm. Since the window in question is a huge crank out egress window, I don't want it open if it's going to be all snowy and doing freezing rain, lest it get stuck open.

Though I've had snow on the (inside) window sill before, it's something I try to avoid. Also, it needs to be clear in case we need to conserve heat if the power goes out or some such thing.

Work is... blah. I'm reading a book called Memory Man. About a big (and fat) former footballer, former cop now private investigator who suffers from hyperthymesia and synethesia after taking a blow to the head on his first and only play in the NFL.

It's standard PI stuff, but it doesn't hurt my brain to read, so that's good news. I believe this character is in a series, so I might buy more iffin I like this book well enough. This is the last of the books I bought a while back. I tried to read them slow... but it hasn't worked very well.

Malachi surprised me this morning. As we were walking out to our vehicles he called Natalie an ungrateful bitch. I was plenty shocked. Malachi doesn't talk like that. He will tell people things they don't want to hear, but he's never angry about it, or rude or malicious in any way, shape or form. He's not saying anything to beat you down, he's trying to help you by telling your what you're doing (saying, whatever) is a no go... not acceptable and... chances are he's hinted this to you repeatedly before he ever comes out and directly says anything to you.

I've never ever ever in 20 yrs ever heard Malachi call anyone a name. Not for any reason, ever. So... the fact that he did? I about fell the fuck over, right in the parking lot.

Natalie was pissed because she had 4" suicide watch. She doesn't like to do anything, except run outside to smoke 50x a night, so this is more than a little inconvenient. (And 4" suicide watch sucks no matter who has to do them.) And this is was the 2nd night in a row, so she's even more annoyed.

Malachi was our secondary so he was doing his work and then stopping what he was doing every 15" to go onto Natalie's unit and help her out with rounds, paperwork, searches and laundry. He did this all night long, except when he was doing my breaks.

He did all of her rounds, even the 4" one, whilst she did her laundry because if someone else does her laundry she complains about it. (Not because she wants to do it, but because she doesn't want to do 4" checks, mind you.) She did all of her laundry. There was one set of sheets in the basket... she didn't fold them. Nor did she return the laundry basket to the laundry room.

As Malachi was walking out the door of the unit at 0555 she told him to not forget the sheets and basket because that's the secondary's job. Malachi ignored her and walked out the door... and in the parking lot called her an ungrateful bitch. He did 75% of her job last night and she couldn't be bothered to fold two sheets (whilst she was folding other laundry, mind you) and return the laundry cart.

Malachi will always help you. No matter what. I've done nothing but come walking out of my unit, limping from arthritis and had him show up do to rounds for me for the rest of the night. Without asking... he just does. He doesn't care, he has strong work ethic, never complains about having to do anything, ever. He'd do your job and his job and someone else's if you asked him to and he wouldn't complain or do a bad job. He'd just do it, no problem.

I'm not sure he'll be doing anything for Natalie anymore. Isaiah, Walter, Todd and Billy won't help her and this is why.

I'm not sure Natalie will come to work tonight. She was whining last night about her back hurting, which may or may not have actually been hurting, but whenever she starts to whine about something, that usually means a sick call is impending. Particularly if there is some other goodness like oh... 4" suicide watch stuff going on.

Dealing with Autumn and Joe... Malachi had to run up at the end of the shift and tell them to assign Natalie and the part timer, Aaron, to cover posts after he and I left. Because at 0555, they still hadn't done that. And if you don't tell people like Natalie (and any part timer) what to do, they'll do nothing but what they're already doing. So last minute, those two are trying to sort out how to cover the last 30 minutes of the shift with just two people. Five minutes before that needs to happen is not the time to start figuring it out.

And it's like this every time they're left alone.

I guess. It's that time. Interested to see how tonight plays out. 😁
‘Tis.😕

I don’t mind from most people, its the norm I experience I guess. I can spew ridiculousness, I don’t expect everyone to follow my ridiculousness. It’s when it comes from people I really care about. Geeze Louise do I hate it.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
‘Tis.😕

I don’t mind from most people, its the norm I experience I guess. I can spew ridiculousness, I don’t expect everyone to follow my ridiculousness. It’s when it comes from people I really care about. Geeze Louise do I hate it.
Indeed. I've had to deal with that quite a lot, far more than I ever thought I would, in the past four years.

~~~
So... any bets on whether Natalie showed up last night? Well, if you were playing along, no... she did not show up last night. Which... surprise! :rolleyes: Malachi and I knew that when we left, that she'd call in sick for last night. It's what she does. She's terribly predictable.

Malachi was still wound up about the whole situation. When I walked into the building last night he was, in a very animated fashion, describing the previous night's events to Joe. When I walked in, he said Ask War! Ask him!

It was quite bizarre because this is not how Malachi acts. Ever. Yesterday morning he called Natalie a bitch and last night he was still animated about the whole situation. He must've been really pissed off. I mean, I knew he was angry just because I know Malachi... but damn. I've never heard him call anyone names, ever, and then to still be upset about the whole situation in the evening? Yup.

Of course, Kelly was going on about how that's going to stop and all that nonsense where it concerns Natalie's behavior. The problem is, that it's just lip service... and we know that because Kelly and Sam created this monster by letting her get away with murder... and we've been told in the past about this is going to stop and that won't happen again and by damn, I'll tell her something, etc... and nothing changes.

About the most that will change is that she will tell Natalie to stop hiding the laundry cart from the other agency in the facility. Because that little dude (supervisor) was pissed... trying to carry this heaping helping of laundry from the laundry room to their unit in just his arms. (And he's wee... I have to say that although I understand his anger and he had every right to be pissed, it didn't make it any less amusing to watch him trying to carry all that laundry. :p)

He went off on Kelly about that shit. I'm glad he did.

Last night was also when I heard about the fun everyone had during the holiday. Autumn decided to set up games for everyone to play and had prizes and what not. Trivia and bingo and that kinda thing. She was really nervous that it wouldn't be well received, but she wanted to try to do something fun for everyone that had to work on Christmas Eve and Christmas night.

Malachi and Joe said it was a lot of time. They won prizes donated by Autumn's husband's company and they were, apparently, nice prizes. (Nice warm hats and the like) Malachi and Joe said everyone had a good time and had a lot of fun, except...

Natalie!

As my daddy always said Some people would bitch if you hung 'em with a new rope. 😁

Not much else going on here. I slept sooooo good today. I was so ready for a good sleep as I haven't really slept well in probably a week or so. It felt really nice. I was also way too warm in my bed, because I woke up drenched in sweat. That's what happens when you're used to cold sleeping, I suppose. Sleep warm and your body is like da fuq?!

Read a news article about one of my former inmates. Apparently, on Christmas Eve day (or Christmas day, I forget), he was inside the Walmart threatening people with a machete. Because, what else what you do in Walmart? Seriously.

I always called the kid pumpkin head or jug head because he had this huge fucking melon. Big dude. Both he and his older brother Christopher were big dudes... but this one from the Walmart, also had a ginormous head. I had them both at the group home and then at my current job. They were in both of those places for incest. (They spent a lot of time molesting their younger siblings.)

Christopher was murdered in April of 2016, in front of his children (ages 5, 3, and 1) whilst dealing drugs out the house. (This one of those murders where I knew both the victim and the perpetrators. Good times.)

The Walmart machete wielder was lucky that nobody with a conceal carry permit was in the store at the time he was making threats to people. That's a really good way to get your ass shot off. Especially considering the size of the dude... he's a BIG dude. Took the cops 45 minutes to talk him out of his weapon and arrest him.

Good to see another former inmate going on to become a productive member of society. 🤨

Snow storm headed this way. Should be getting going about the time I have to drive home, of course, then it will get worse as the day goes on. Should make going to work tomorrow night interesting. It wouldn't be bad if I could be the only one on the road at the time... it's not me I'm concerned with, after all. It's all the other yahoos that don't know how the fuck to drive that are the problem. If it were just me, I could motor along with no problems whatever. But... it's never just me, quite unfortunately.

I applied for a job at the police department... records something or other. Pays well enough (not nearly as much as I make, but decent.) So, I have three applications out currently; this job with the PD, the dispatch job with the state police and a records type job with local emergency management. (And EM is in the same facility I work at now...)

I won't get any of these jobs, mind you. I probably won't even get interviews. But I did put out applications, bitches.

I won't get them because our director will block the PD and EM jobs and I've already not gotten the dispatch job just a few months ago. But... I am nothing if not persistent. And nobody can say that I haven't tried.

Well. I'm off to have a lie about with the pups.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
@warweasel Good job submitting those applications, you never know! Pummel those bastards with persistence :)
It's probably pointless, to be honest, but it's also free. Since most of the applications are for the same governmental agency, the application is basically pre filled out for me (but for some supplemental questions for each position) so, it costs me all of about 5 minutes.

Besides, I hate when people bitch about their situations but do nothing to improve their station. If you're not going to do anything about it, why complain? Unsuccessful as I may be, at least I try! 🤘

~~~
Well. We gots the snow here... which means I need to leave for work on time and not dilly dally when my alarm goes off. I don't think the roads should be terrible, because they've had all day to work that out, but still. You just never know.

There was probably 3"-3.5" of snow on the ground by the time I got home this morning. It'd been snowing for about 4.5 hrs straight by that time. Big fluffy snowflakes at first, then just wee little blowy things. Which is probably good else we'd have had snow up to our assholes. I'd say we got about 6" all told.

By todays standards, for the area, that's pretty significant. I know there are people who are climate change deniers, but I've been a live for more than half a century (that sounds far older than it actually is!) and the climate has changed significantly in just the time I'm able to remember. We used to get quite a lot of snow (and quite a lot of severe weather in the summer), but we just don't anymore. What we do get is less in precipitation totals and less in frequency.

Last night, Kelly was talking about Autumn and how she's had to be "mean" to her about a few things because she just doesn't have the ability to retain information and she really needs to because she's a supervisor and left by herself (and to train Joe to some degree) and... yeah.

Then she says that she thinks she has Autumn figured out. Well... this I had to hear, so I asked her to explain. And... she thinks that Autumn is jealous of one of her siblings. Because, as it turns out, one of her siblings is a famous person. A comedian, author, writer (tv), actor, emmy award winner... (and yes, I know who that person is and no, I'm not going to share that information.) And Kelly thinks that Autumn is jealous and that's why she's trying to write books (she has written/published books... but nothing anyone's actually read) and why she married money and all that other fun stuff. She said Autumn and her famous sibling don't get along and Autumn said it was because of an age difference. (I checked the sibling's age and whilst I don't know exactly how old Autumn is, I know she's younger than I am... and so there can't possibly be a significant age difference between she & her famous sibling...)

Well. That sorta makes sense. I guess. And it's weird. To find out one of your supervisors has a famous sibling, I mean. And when I pulled up photos of said famous person, there's a fairly strong familial resemblance. (I did know who the famous person was prior, I just wanted to see if I could see a resemblance and yup... it's there.)

And... now it's time to get going. Hope the roads aren't craptastic.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
It's probably pointless, to be honest, but it's also free. Since most of the applications are for the same governmental agency, the application is basically pre filled out for me (but for some supplemental questions for each position) so, it costs me all of about 5 minutes.

Besides, I hate when people bitch about their situations but do nothing to improve their station. If you're not going to do anything about it, why complain? Unsuccessful as I may be, at least I try! 🤘

~~~
Well. We gots the snow here... which means I need to leave for work on time and not dilly dally when my alarm goes off. I don't think the roads should be terrible, because they've had all day to work that out, but still. You just never know.

There was probably 3"-3.5" of snow on the ground by the time I got home this morning. It'd been snowing for about 4.5 hrs straight by that time. Big fluffy snowflakes at first, then just wee little blowy things. Which is probably good else we'd have had snow up to our assholes. I'd say we got about 6" all told.

By todays standards, for the area, that's pretty significant. I know there are people who are climate change deniers, but I've been a live for more than half a century (that sounds far older than it actually is!) and the climate has changed significantly in just the time I'm able to remember. We used to get quite a lot of snow (and quite a lot of severe weather in the summer), but we just don't anymore. What we do get is less in precipitation totals and less in frequency.

Last night, Kelly was talking about Autumn and how she's had to be "mean" to her about a few things because she just doesn't have the ability to retain information and she really needs to because she's a supervisor and left by herself (and to train Joe to some degree) and... yeah.

Then she says that she thinks she has Autumn figured out. Well... this I had to hear, so I asked her to explain. And... she thinks that Autumn is jealous of one of her siblings. Because, as it turns out, one of her siblings is a famous person. A comedian, author, writer (tv), actor, emmy award winner... (and yes, I know who that person is and no, I'm not going to share that information.) And Kelly thinks that Autumn is jealous and that's why she's trying to write books (she has written/published books... but nothing anyone's actually read) and why she married money and all that other fun stuff. She said Autumn and her famous sibling don't get along and Autumn said it was because of an age difference. (I checked the sibling's age and whilst I don't know exactly how old Autumn is, I know she's younger than I am... and so there can't possibly be a significant age difference between she & her famous sibling...)

Well. That sorta makes sense. I guess. And it's weird. To find out one of your supervisors has a famous sibling, I mean. And when I pulled up photos of said famous person, there's a fairly strong familial resemblance. (I did know who the famous person was prior, I just wanted to see if I could see a resemblance and yup... it's there.)

And... now it's time to get going. Hope the roads aren't craptastic.
Not pointless. If nothing else, you can be proud of not just resigning yourself & giving up. Fighting for something new. I’d say have confidence, expect to get one of the jobs because you know you could do them & do them well. But yes, I get the “preparing yourself for disappointment” mentality. It’s natural, disappointment is the worst. The problem is we set ourselves up for failure when we expect & accept disappointment, though. It changes our whole attitude & willingness to fight. So I hope you keep applying until those mofos realize you’re not giving up. :)

I am intrigued by this work situation. IS IT TRUE? IS AUTUMN JEALOUS OF HER FAMOUS SISTER? That seems too obvious. And who is this famous person? It’s a mystery & I must solve it.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Not pointless. If nothing else, you can be proud of not just resigning yourself & giving up. Fighting for something new. I’d say have confidence, expect to get one of the jobs because you know you could do them & do them well. But yes, I get the “preparing yourself for disappointment” mentality. It’s natural, disappointment is the worst. The problem is we set ourselves up for failure when we expect & accept disappointment, though. It changes our whole attitude & willingness to fight. So I hope you keep applying until those mofos realize you’re not giving up. :)
Well. Not wholly pointless, I suppose. There is always a sliver of possibility, no matter how small. But as I recently told one of my former supervisors (Brad, we still email back & forth), I've likely as much chance of actually getting one of these jobs as I do of winner the Powerball... which is astronomically unlikely. So, not entirely pointless, but just about.

I was confident about the state police job. Everyone I knew, including Jake (former supervisor) who works there for security, said I was a shoe-in... and yet, here I am. I got an interview, but everyone working there was under the age of 30, including the supervisor. Most were probably under 25.

I applied again, of course, because that's how I roll. But I have a feeling that I won't even get an interview this time.

I have little optimism for the job situation because; 1) I've historically had job finding issues. 2) Ageism is a thing and getting an entry level (non degree required) job (that pays well) when you're over the age of 55 is right next door to impossible. 3) I've been actively applying for jobs for the past 3.5 yrs. I've gotten one interview. (And one fake interview). One. One. And that was for the dispatch job that I was supposed to be a shoe in for...

C'est la vie, no? I still keep trying just because that's my nature. I don't give up easy and I have staying power... but I'm also a realist and the reality is, I'm likely to finish out my career right where I am. I'll either make it until retirement (only 8.5 more years to go), I'll rage quit or I'll they'll fire me.

{QUOTE}I am intrigued by this work situation. IS IT TRUE? IS AUTUMN JEALOUS OF HER FAMOUS SISTER? That seems too obvious. And who is this famous person? It’s a mystery & I must solve it. [/QUOTE]

As am I. Or I was. That was interesting to me for about one shift. Is that what's going on with Autumn? Jealousy? Well, maybe. That's Kelly's assessment, anyway. But is she truly jealous? Well... I dunno. I don't know her like that. I've learned that she's someone you can talk to but not have a conversation with, if that makes sense?

I don't know man. I've never had relatives that were rich and/or famous, you know? Would I be jealous right now if my sis or bro were out on the left coast rubbing elbows with famous peeps and making serious bank whilst I dread five days of every seven because I have to work for a living?

Well. I'm not a jealous person by nature, but... I can't say with any certainty that I wouldn't be seriously envious. Not of the famous part... but the $$$ part. I could stand to be on that side of the fence, for once. I'd hope if my sibs were made of money, that they'd be kind and share the wealth... because I would, but I know a lot of families that aren't about sharing... soooo...

~~~
Nothing much else going on around these parts. Got my Steam gift card today. So... I can see about getting a couple of games I tucked away on my wish list. PT in the morning, doctor appt. for the 'bow at noon. I'm going to be tired. I'm tired right now and I've not even started. I've almost finished my book, too... so I'll have nothing to do tonight.

I liked the book, Memory Man, but I have to say that I was annoyed because the author broke one of the rules of writing detective/mystery fiction and it's a pretty important rule; The bad guy has to be part of the story in some fashion. Part of the fun of reading (watching, etc) a Whodunnit is trying to sort it all out along with (or before!) the protagonist. You can't do that if the antagonist doesn't exist in the story line until the very end. And that's what Memory Man's author did... and that's annoying. (This is why there is the saying that truth is stranger than fiction... fiction must make sense!)

It's annoying because every single character line in the book then, is a red herring. The reader cannot solve the mystery. The reader can't even come close to solving the mystery. What's the fun in that???

Now... did the book suck because of it? Eh. Not really. But it makes me really leery of buying anymore of this author's books. I don't like having my chain yanked, thanks.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Well. Not wholly pointless, I suppose. There is always a sliver of possibility, no matter how small. But as I recently told one of my former supervisors (Brad, we still email back & forth), I've likely as much chance of actually getting one of these jobs as I do of winner the Powerball... which is astronomically unlikely. So, not entirely pointless, but just about.

I was confident about the state police job. Everyone I knew, including Jake (former supervisor) who works there for security, said I was a shoe-in... and yet, here I am. I got an interview, but everyone working there was under the age of 30, including the supervisor. Most were probably under 25.

I applied again, of course, because that's how I roll. But I have a feeling that I won't even get an interview this time.

I have little optimism for the job situation because; 1) I've historically had job finding issues. 2) Ageism is a thing and getting an entry level (non degree required) job (that pays well) when you're over the age of 55 is right next door to impossible. 3) I've been actively applying for jobs for the past 3.5 yrs. I've gotten one interview. (And one fake interview). One. One. And that was for the dispatch job that I was supposed to be a shoe in for...

C'est la vie, no? I still keep trying just because that's my nature. I don't give up easy and I have staying power... but I'm also a realist and the reality is, I'm likely to finish out my career right where I am. I'll either make it until retirement (only 8.5 more years to go), I'll rage quit or I'll they'll fire me.
Oh yeah, I remember you saying this before. Those big buttheads. The politics end of some businesses can be such bologna. I think I offered to beat them up for you for their shenanigans so I’ll offer again I WILL KARATE CHOP SANDWICH THEM IF YOU’D LIKE

Good for you. Keep slamming them with...
you? 😄

{QUOTE}I am intrigued by this work situation. IS IT TRUE? IS AUTUMN JEALOUS OF HER FAMOUS SISTER? That seems too obvious. And who is this famous person? It’s a mystery & I must solve it.
As am I. Or I was. That was interesting to me for about one shift. Is that what's going on with Autumn? Jealousy? Well, maybe. That's Kelly's assessment, anyway. But is she truly jealous? Well... I dunno. I don't know her like that. I've learned that she's someone you can talk to but not have a conversation with, if that makes sense?

I don't know man. I've never had relatives that were rich and/or famous, you know? Would I be jealous right now if my sis or bro were out on the left coast rubbing elbows with famous peeps and making serious bank whilst I dread five days of every seven because I have to work for a living?

Well. I'm not a jealous person by nature, but... I can't say with any certainty that I wouldn't be seriously envious. Not of the famous part... but the $$$ part. I could stand to be on that side of the fence, for once. I'd hope if my sibs were made of money, that they'd be kind and share the wealth... because I would, but I know a lot of families that aren't about sharing... soooo...[/QUOTE]

Yes, it would seem natural to have some jealousy in that situation. As for money? No thank you. Grass is always greener on the other side. I’m of the mindset that being rich with physical things is the opposite of a blessing. I did see something recently though about people that won the lottery and how they actually were more happy. Or something along those lines. Which is the opposite of what I’d thought. Idk how they measured it, I didn’t read the article, just saw the heading. It seems a bit impossible to truly measure. Now I wish I’d read it. Maybe I’ll go digging. I guess one can find evidence for both cases (being happier with more money/being a “curse” having more money). Too many outside factors in play to truly measure. ANYWAY 😬 Side tangent

·
Registered
557 Posts
No word makes me shut down faster than the word “what”. I don’t like the word hate, but I hate that word.
HaHa, i totally piss a colleague off at work, when responding to something he says with What !. More often often or not i heard what he said, but it it still comes out my mouth, and im not sure why... ho hum

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Oh yeah, I remember you saying this before. Those big buttheads. The politics end of some businesses can be such bologna. I think I offered to beat them up for you for their shenanigans so I’ll offer again I WILL KARATE CHOP SANDWICH THEM IF YOU’D LIKE

Good for you. Keep slamming them with...
you?
🤘 That's the plan!

Yes, it would seem natural to have some jealousy in that situation. As for money? No thank you. Grass is always greener on the other side. I’m of the mindset that being rich with physical things is the opposite of a blessing. I did see something recently though about people that won the lottery and how they actually were more happy. Or something along those lines. Which is the opposite of what I’d thought. Idk how they measured it, I didn’t read the article, just saw the heading. It seems a bit impossible to truly measure. Now I wish I’d read it. Maybe I’ll go digging. I guess one can find evidence for both cases (being happier with more money/being a “curse” having more money). Too many outside factors in play to truly measure. ANYWAY 😬 Side tangent
It's not about things, though. I don't need a lot of things nor do I particularly want a lot of things. Having money is security, though, and opportunity. So many people live with little to no financial security in their lives and opportunity is hard to come by without a lot of work, penny saving and persistence.

The main things I'd do if I had serious bank right now is buy a big old splotch of land, build a new house, fix my car, buy a new truck (Which I'm probably going to do, $$$s or not, soon.), pay off all debt for the sibs and... depending upon the amount of money I had, build them their dream homes. I'd pay off my niece's student debt... and if the nephew & niece wanted a house, I'd build them one. And I'd spend money traveling.

~~~
Happy 2021 peoples.

I missed the ball drop. I think I went to bed around 9p or so. Give or take 30 minutes or so. I looked at the clock, is what I mean, and I saw a 9... so... yeah. (The wee little clock on the tv, with one eye, whilst I was half asleep.) I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere near the midnight hour and be conscious. Not last night. Iffin it were tonight, I'd have been there with bells on.

I didn't sleep much yesterday because of the physical therapy and then the doc's appt. with the surgeon a bit later. They were spread out so that I couldn't come home from pt and catch 40 winks. I had time to stop by the pharmacy, come home and have lunch, then about an hour to kill before I had to leave. So... yeah.

By the time I got home from the surgeon's it was after 1p... and I was about to die. Slept on the couch until chow time, then back to the couch to watch (sleep through) tv and then finally got up and went to bed. And here we are.

Exciting, I know.

Today is a holiday, but not really for me. Well, I'm getting paid for today, so there's that. I don't mind at all getting paid to be at my house, doing my own thing. (How do I get that full time gig?) I mean that it's not a holiday in that it's just a normal day off. There was a time when NY Eve and NY day was a proper holiday for me and mine... but that day's come and gone.

Today... I think will be a gaming day. Gaming and maybe some movies. Or a movie. I dunno. I don't feel like doing either right at the moment because I'm sleepy. I've slept all night, but I feel like going back to sleep. So... if I decide to watch a movie now, that's exactly what I'll end up doing. Gaming? I don't feel like it right now and I'm not sure I'd be good at it at the moment, because I feel sleepy.

Decisions, decisions. 🤨

·
Registered
INFJ
253 Posts
To recap from my last post, I tested negative for covid, despite having symptoms. I quarantined at home with my parents (we all had the same symptoms; my mom tested positive). I had no energy to decorate the tree, but luckily I was able to put lights on it before we got sick. The only ornament I was able to put on the tree was a Santa wearing a mask with a pouch full of cleaning supplies, which I felt represented how the year went and how I was spending Christmas. It took me longer than usual to wrap presents and when I was putting them under the tree, I got very lightheaded and almost passed out. Since I couldn't see any family members, I put presents in a box and placed them out on the porch when they came to pick them up (and drop off presents). I started feeling better on Christmas day. The following day (12/26), I woke up feeling revived and symptom free. It was nice after having a headache for 10 days. I was able to go back to work that following Tuesday.

My family and best friend all pitched in to buy me a TV for Christmas. My previous one died late September and I chose to buy an Nintendo Switch over a TV in October, due to the console being a rarity these days.

This morning, I learned that my favorite YouTuber's sister (who was in a lot of her videos) passed away last night after complications with her medical conditions. She struggled for 20 years with a slew of medical issues (lupus, end stage renal failure and was on dialysis, fibromyalgia, seizures, rheumatoid arthritis, anemia, severe anxiety and panic disorder, and insomnia), almost died a number of times, and her body eventually gave out. She was 34. Even though I don't personally know any of them, being able to watch them the past few years, they became my friends. I was shocked to hear of the news and I cried. My heart aches for her family and I wish them comfort in the memories they cherish.

·
Registered
INFJ
253 Posts
Here's some videos that feature Mayra, who passed away, just for the sake of sharing. They took the MBTI test awhile back and Mayra was an ENFJ, Elizabeth (it's her YouTube channel) is an ISFP (but has tested before as an ENTP), and Mari is an INFP. Mari has a twin sister, Meli, who is an ENFP.

They tend to change their content to whatever they are currently into. They are really into kpop so that's majority of what they cover. But every now and then it's random things like in these videos. I just think they are hilarious and Mayra was fun and chaotic.

Left: Mayra, center: Elizabeth, right: Mari

Left: Mayra, center: Elizabeth, right: Mari

Mayra in red, Elizabeth in black

Left: Mayra, right: Elizabeth

37361 - 37380 of 37431 Posts