Personality Cafe banner

37381 - 37400 of 37431 Posts

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
To recap from my last post, I tested negative for covid, despite having symptoms. I quarantined at home with my parents (we all had the same symptoms; my mom tested positive). I had no energy to decorate the tree, but luckily I was able to put lights on it before we got sick. The only ornament I was able to put on the tree was a Santa wearing a mask with a pouch full of cleaning supplies, which I felt represented how the year went and how I was spending Christmas. It took me longer than usual to wrap presents and when I was putting them under the tree, I got very lightheaded and almost passed out. Since I couldn't see any family members, I put presents in a box and placed them out on the porch when they came to pick them up (and drop off presents). I started feeling better on Christmas day. The following day (12/26), I woke up feeling revived and symptom free. It was nice after having a headache for 10 days. I was able to go back to work that following Tuesday.

My family and best friend all pitched in to buy me a TV for Christmas. My previous one died late September and I chose to buy an Nintendo Switch over a TV in October, due to the console being a rarity these days.

This morning, I learned that my favorite YouTuber's sister (who was in a lot of her videos) passed away last night after complications with her medical conditions. She struggled for 20 years with a slew of medical issues (lupus, end stage renal failure and was on dialysis, fibromyalgia, seizures, rheumatoid arthritis, anemia, severe anxiety and panic disorder, and insomnia), almost died a number of times, and her body eventually gave out. She was 34. Even though I don't personally know any of them, being able to watch them the past few years, they became my friends. I was shocked to hear of the news and I cried. My heart aches for her family and I wish them comfort in the memories they cherish.
Glad you are feeling better. I had a similar experience, but tested negative for covid as well. I had a headache a lot of that time and I had no energy whatever. I slept for two straight days and only got up to eat. It only lasted 4 days, though. Wonder if it's some sort of covid parallel type illness or just some weird bug going around? (My supervisor had the same thing and tested negative as well.) Or maybe mild covid with false negatives?

Sorry about the passing of your friend. Sounds like she had a rough go at it.

~~~
It's the wee hours. I'm awake. I'm trying to do laundry, but there doesn't seem to be any detergent. There was enough for one load. I have two. Hopefully, enough uni shirts got into this load so that I don't have to wear something that's by lying in the laundry basket for two days. I wish I had known that when I went to the store yesterday... I'd have bought some. I even asked mom if we needed anything... and she would've known we were out of laundry detergent because she did laundry yesterday. Goofy woman.

Speaking of being a goofy woman... at chow last night, I was watching tv and my mom was drinking water. And all the sudden she moves the glass away from her mouth and water starts spewing back out. Like someone doing a spit take, but not as violent as all that.

I was all like... 🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨... 😂😂😂😂😂

I laughed till there were tears and my body hurt. Even better, when I stopped laughing (for a moment) and asked her what the hell that was about, she said... I don't know why I did that. Which lead to more laughing myself silly. At least her silliness didn't cause me any injury... because it has before.

My mom has always been unintentionally hilarious. When I was a teenager, we were all gathered around the table and I'm not sure what the convo was about anymore, but my mom's reply at one point was I can't hear you very well, I don't have my glasses on!

This statement hit me immediately in the funny bone. I had a mouthful of homemade chicken noodle soup... with the big, fat noodles. I was trying not to do a spit take at the kitchen table so instead of soup flying out my mouth, it flew out of my nose... which... hurt. A lot.

I spent probably 15 mins in the bathroom trying to blow those wide ass noodles out of my sinuses...

Which is somewhat amusing now, but was absolutely not even remotely amusing at the time. Noodles do not belong in sinus cavities, is what I'm saying and getting them out of sinus cavities is unpleasant. (Some you can shoot out your nose, some you have to suck out like a snot loogie... it was horrible!)

Last night was chill. Got a couple of new games with my Steam gift card that finally arrived in the mail. I'd like to thank the Fraternal Order of Police for their $100 donation to my gaming addiction. Usually, our union throws some dumb party that half of the members can't go to (because of work)... so it was nice to actually get something useful from them for a change.

I got a couple of early access games and an older game that looked interesting. I got Metro Exodus, Grounded and The Infected. I still have some cash to spend, but that's all that looked interesting to me at the moment, that wasn't stupid expensive. I'm trying to get a lot of bang for the buck here, kiddos.

I started on Grounded last night. Had no idea what I was doing, so the first bits were just... having fun, but being slightly annoyed (and lost)... and then I figured out shit. Shit that I probably should've figured out sooner, of course, but whatever. It's a survival game, but of a little different flavor... so it's more... fun, I guess. And not so much Oh My Gawd I'm Going To Die, as it were.

There's dying in this game as well. I've done so several times.
🤘 But it just doesn't seem as painful, for some reason. I've always been able to retrieve my backpack and move along, though I've died a couple of times trying. (Fucking spiders!) I think it'll be a fun little time killer of a survival game.

I also saw that there was a pretty decent update to Subsistence, which is my current favorite survival game. So, that's cool. Ice fishing! Yay! And other things... I've scratched so little off the surface of that game so far... and I need to scratch harder before winter gets there or I'm going to end up in a bad way... again. Working on it, slowly but surely.

Well. I think I'm off to play something for a while. Maybe give The Infected a first look... haven't installed Metro yet, cuz that's a big install. I'll put them up to install as I'm heading out the door to work.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
HaHa, i totally piss a colleague off at work, when responding to something he says with What !. More often often or not i heard what he said, but it it still comes out my mouth, and im not sure why... ho hum
Does he look like he wants to give you a karate chop sandwich when you do it? 🤺EN-GARDE:)

I don’t mind a “what” when someone can’t hear what I say. I do mind a “what” when I say something & someone looks at me like I’m an idiot followed by a “what?!” That shit hurts. Even worse: wut. I WILL DROP KICK A PERSON TO JUPITER that’s a lie my insides melt into a sad puddle & I try to change the topic & end the conversation. At least if it’s someone I care about, anyone else it doesn’t really bother me. ANYWAY.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I can’t stop thinking about a moment of regret from yesterday. I was walking my dog at a nearby lake & came around a corner to see a very white, obviously freshly shave head. I hate that my first thought was so focused on how white the head was comparatively to the neck, and wondering why this guy had shaved his head. As I got closer, I realized she was a female. On her lap was a little girl, they were snuggling & laughing on a bench facing the water. It was a very beautiful moment & my heart instantly hurt as my brain processed that this was more than likely a mom going through chemo. I couldn’t stop watching them. Shortly after I passed, the thought that I should offer to take their picture to capture that moment crossed my mind. But then I panicked about wrongly assuming she was a chemo patient & overthought things. In all of the memories I have of my mom, she was bald. I knew this lady was a chemo patient. I was so angry with myself for getting stuck on my pride & looking silly & completely lost an opportunity to capture the most beautiful moment of these two. Eventually I’d decided it was too late to turn around, and settled myself on the plan that I’d offer on my way back if I saw them. I didn’t. And I’m still angry with myself today for being a stupid butthead. I hope this woman is able to have many, many more years with this child & the precious moments like I witnessed are not numbered.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Today is my mom's birthday. She's old. 😁

That's not a bad thing, of course. She was trying to convince me that she was a year younger than she was... but I called her out on it and made her tell me her real years. Then she said I hate getting old. To which I replied that she should be glad to be getting old because the only other option would be to get dead and that she should appreciate her years as so many are never afforded the opportunity to see her age.

Yes... getting old sucks in so many ways. But I also know better than to take that aging stuff for granted. I have friends who didn't survive their teens. Their twenties. My stepmom was only two years older than I am now when she died.

It's also the 6th anniversary of getting our cat. I got him for my mom's bday 6 yrs ago... as our old cat had passed away earlier that year and my mom really missed him. She wasn't sure about it at first, but now... since her dog passed away earlier this year, I think she's even happier to have the cat around. He's a loving cat, wants to be around people and wants his pets and what not and I think that's good for her when she's spending most of the day alone.

I did find the cat locked in my mom's bathroom tonight. I was taking the pups up to my mom's room for the night and I went in to use the bathroom whilst the dogs were still outside and... at first I saw the cabinet under the sink open and some towels kinda pushed out... I searched for the cat in there before closing it, because I know he's been shut in there before... but no cat. Then I turned the corner to use the toilet and there he was, sitting on the throne just as regal as could be.

No idea how long he'd been locked in... but I suspect he was in the cabinet when he got that way.

I found out tonight that one of my friend's is in at home hospice, end of life care, etc. They have copd and I know they've been getting worse, health wise, for a few years. I've not seen them in person for several years now... my hours being a big part of that, but also that we live several states from one another... it was an 8 hr drive to meet half way.

I knew the end was getting closer... the email replies have gotten to be fewer and more far between and I had always chalked that up to their being unwell. They have a small farm, too, and a few animals... I imagined a lot more of their spare energy was spent caring for the animals, rather than replying to emails... and that's ok. I hope that the animals will be well cared for after... I'm sure there are plans in place, this not being a sudden thing and all that.

This would make me so very angry.

Officials investigating after dog put down, leaving owner devastated

I'd be devastated and that'd bring me to someone's going to get hurt levels of pissed off.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
My friend that went into hospice yesterday died early this morning. :cry:

The email from their son (who also sent the email concerning hospice) was waiting for me when I got home from work. That was a shit way to end the day, if you must know. Though... I guess I'm glad that the end was quick. I mean, I think that's better than being on hospice and just... lingering in one's death throes so to speak, you know? That's not good for the dyee or their family and friends. Once you know the end is nigh, quick is better me thinks.

Vaya con dios, my friend. You will be missed.

So I returned to work last night after the days off to find out there were multiple assaults whilst I was gone. One of them a serious, x4 inmate vs. staff assault on max security. The others were inmate vs. inmate. Ish.

Friday, the first assault happened when two kids on my unit got into a fist fight for who knows what reason. The smaller boy (who's been involved in multiple assaults/fights) said he was jumped by the larger boy. Which is as possible as any other reason. Staff was able to sort of intervene enough to keep them from killing each other until more staff arrived. (The staff on that unit was a part timer. Nice guy... but short and nearly as round as he is tall.) The smaller boy had to go to the hospital to have a wound around his eye sutured.

That night, on max security... the boys over there were being extra, not listening, etc. It was close to lock down time anyway and Kent had had enough of their nonsense, so he told everyone to get to their doors and get ready to lock down... and they ignored him. He continued to tell them this, repeatedly, and they ignored him. Then one kid started running around doing something (What he was doing wasn't clear in the incident report) so Kent gathered him up to restrain him and the kid started fighting, so Kent put him on the floor.

Control happened to be paying attention and called for an minor officer assist. So, Walter showed up... the other boys were still running around and acting damn fools whilst Walt tried to get them to go to their cells. They refused. Kent was still struggling to keep the kid he had on the floor restrained (the boy was actively resisting/attempting to assault Kent) and at some point one of them ran over to try to attack Kent from behind, so Walt snatched him up and they ended up on the floor... the other kids still not doing what they needed to do, running wild and shit.

Control called for a major officer assist at this point and folks came running. Which just amped the chaos up. There were 2 to 4 kids restrained in various ways at various different times, by various different staff and supervisors during the fracas. Boys kept trying to assault staff from behind when they were on the floor, etc. It was talking two, sometimes three staff to restrain each kid. Some staff were going from restrained youth to another trying to make sure nobody lost control over whomever they had on the floor at that point in time.

One jumped into the fracas late and the refused to go to his cell. When Brett (2nd shift lead supervisor) went into his cell to start removing things (because they destroy stuff when they're wound up), the kid tried to run into the cell and assault him, but he was stopped. He did, however, pick up a large bottle of shampoo and throw it at Brett... which bounced off Brett's face... he threw something else at Brett that hit him in the head whilst staff were trying to restrain him. When that kid was eventually subdued (he had to be removed from the unit completely, fought the entire way even though he was handcuffed and when he was placed in a holding cell in booking, he spit in Adam's (1st shift supervisor) face.

And what were the consequences to all that?

😆Consequences! 😆There weren't any. And that is why the 3rd assault happened.

The kid who had to be taken to booking? He was allowed back on the unit where last night he jumped another kid, out of the blue, for being a "snitch". Alex was trying to write a report and the next thing he knew, this kid is bum rushing another kid, arms swinging like a windmill. (That's the only way inmate's punch, for the record. All haymakers toward the head. Keep yo' hands up!) He was pummeling the other kid (who didn't fight back, just covered up) and Alex made an assist call (always do that first!) and then went and restrained the kid. They were in a tight place (walls & furniture) and in the process of getting him restrained to the floor, Alex lost control of one of the kid's arms.

So, the kid first was punching Alex in the face with his free arm. By the time assistance arrived, he had his arm around Alex's neck, though there was not mention of Alex actually being choked. (It may be that he hadn't had the time to get to that yet or that it was just a bad position for choking) Alex left with a shiner from being pummeled in the face.

Now. Iffin I were Alex, I'd be pissed. There is absolutely no excuse for this assault to have happened. It shouldn't have happened because the asshat perpetrator was involved in the brouhaha the night before, the x4 inmate vs. staff thing. He (and the rest) should've been locked down in their cells 23/1 (one hour out daily, as required by Federal Jail Standards) for at least a week, if not two or three weeks.

You should not be able to participate in a mass assault disturbance (or small riot, for that matter) and then be out walking amongst everyone else like nothing happened the very next day. But... we have absolutely no consequences for behaviors at this facility anymore. None. (Obviously.) And because we don't, another kid was assaulted and Alex was assaulted whilst trying to stop that assault.

Administration got lucky, yet again. Staff won this time. I will say, by reading all the various incident reports (each staff has to write about their involvement) they barely won this go 'round vs. four inmates. They were extremely lucky that only half the unit's population decided to participate in the actual assaults. All were participating in acting out... but half declined to participate in the fracas and were locked down. Had one or two more inmates decided to join in? Things may have turned out differently because we don't have the staffing needed to quickly and safely stop that many inmates during an active assault situation.

Kent, Walt, Owen, Brett, Mai, Gabrielle and Anaya... that's every staff (and two of them are supervisors) in the facility, minus central control. Mai is Viet and is about the size of an average 8 or 9 yr old child. (Well under 5' tall & probably about 80 lbs.) Gabrielle is not much bigger than Mai... maybe 5'1", 110 lbs or so? Anaya is larger and more physical and she was actually helping to restrain kids. Mai and Gabrielle didn't intervene in the physical altercations, instead they locked down the non participants and tried to get the spitter calmed down, before he finally started throwing stuff at Brett and had to be restrained as well.

So... now instead of four inmates being assaulty... let's make it six. (You're unlikely to ever get an entire unit to participate, most of them maybe, but not all of them.) Now you have staff who are being overwhelmed by people trying to assault them, particularly when they are defenseless... and now what happens?

It makes no sense to me... and one day? One day someone's going to get really badly hurt or killed. And then all manner of shit is going to hit the fan. They've been so lucky so far...

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
There was another assault yesterday, inmate vs. inmate. So that's what... 5 assaults in three days?

That's a pretty good string we got going on. It may as well continue, as far as that goes. Not like there are any consequences for beating the piss outta someone, even staff, so... why not?

This assault was against the boy who was assaulted on Friday for being a "snitch". He's pc'd now... which basically means he is being punished for being a target and the victims get to do whatever they want to do. How does that work, you ask? Well... he's to have no contact with any other inmate on his unit, for his own safety. Which means he can only be out for about an hour, maybe two, a day... whilst the others (even those who assaulted him) can be out all day, but for the times the assaultee is out. The assaultee, obviously, can't be out all day because then none of his unit mates would be allowed out at all. (And, for the record, some of them have not yet assaulted him) Can't have that. The poor misunderstood children will suffer!

So... the victim is punished.

I talked to Walter about the x4 inmate vs. assault staff, since he was actually in the midst of that little bit of fisticuffs. He said it was like WWE wrestling going up in there. He told me that at the time, he wasn't sure they (staff) were going to win. And then he said he was too old for that shit. ;) (He is a couple years older than I am, so pushing that 60 yr mark, but he's fit and can hold his own.) He said he hurt all over the next day. I believe him.

I asked him what would've happened had one or two more inmates participated in the assault and he said we'd have lost... we'd have been overwhelmed and we'd have gotten our asses handed to us. Which was exactly my assessment. I mean... that's not rocket science. They had everyone (staff & supervisors) there already, there wasn't anyone else left to respond... so the inmates would've gotten the upper hand, the only thing that could've been done was for central control to call 911 and get the SWAT team up in there and... I'm not sure that a lot of people would make that decision independently, to be honest. But... they'd have to as both supervisors were in the midst of the action, so to speak.

We've had to do that before, many years ago. A female staff was working a unit and started feeling very uncomfortable about the way the inmates on her unit were acting. She left the unit and called for supervisors to come. The inmates took over the unit after she left, because they weren't locked down. They rioted and destroyed pretty much everything. The SWAT team came and... managed to get one of the doors to the unit open enough (the inmates had tied them off, so the couldn't be opened) to send a dog in. That was all that was needed. They were scared to death of getting bit, so they all ran to one cell and locked themselves in before the dog could get them.

The female staff had left in time as the boys admitted that they had intended to take her hostage...

Lord Dampnut is at it again... In recorded call, Trump pressures Georgia official to 'find' votes to overturn election

This behavior is teetering right on the edge of seditious conspiracy. Lord Dampnut sounds like a used car salesman trying to sell this poor bastard a hoopty and using every method in the book to do it, including threats. All you need to do is find some votes.

A few senators and a shit load of congress peeps are going to speak out against the election results. Which is just a publicity stunt that does nothing (concerning the election) but makes "the base" (ie dumbfuck Trumptard morons) all manner of happy... mostly because that lot thinks that Lord Dampnut is still going to be the president for another four years because he won the election by a lot.

I know this because I read it in the local forums all the time. One posted that God wanted Trump to win by the demonrats threatened to murder all the judges and/or their families and that's why all the lawsuits failed, blah, blah, blah. (There was more than that, but it was hurting my brain, so I stopped reading.)

This country's becoming extra... in a totally not good way.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
I have a weather headache. It's annoying.

Thankfully, not a weather migraine, but still an annoyance. The weather is fixin' to go wonky again here in a bit. If it hasn't already. (I didn't look like it when I let the dogs out 30 mins ago, but that was 30 mins ago, soooooo...) I think it's just supposed to rain. Maybe snow tomorrow night. I dunno.

I don't pay too much attention to our local weather guy. My favorite weather guy left a while back (sads) and they replaced him with a little weirdo (that worked there and at other stations previous and that I always thought was a weirdo), but the weirdo at least had some personality. But then the weirdo got fired (for all manner of less than savory stuff) and then we had a stand in dude (who does weather freelance) that I like, but that dude doesn't want to do tv full time (he fills in from time to time) and then the station hired this little...

He may be a lovely man. But he looks like he stepped outta the 1950s and he has zero personality. Not a lick. I call him the invisible weather dude because he so lacks any personality that when he comes on, it's like he's not even there... I don't even notice him. And I like to watch the weather... but he's just... dull and boring and plain and ugh.

So, I now rely on the guy that does the weather free lance. That's how I knew the weather today... but that was a couple of days ago (that he forecast this weather) so it may have changed slightly. That's why I dunno.

I was talking to Natalie yesterday when she came to give me a break and we were talking about my elbow and I said that it's much better than it was (that's true) but not 100% yet (also true) and that even when I was fully healed from this, the other tendon in the same elbow hurt and still needed to be fixed.

You need to wait on doing that so someone else can have a chance to be in control. 🤨

Yes. I always base my healthcare decisions on whether or not it's been a while since Natalie's been in central control. (Which, for the record is the someone else and also for the record, that someone else is usually in central control both days that I'm not in central control... sooooooo...)

I also remember someone else not being concerned, at all, when I didn't work central control for nine months because of Todd's stuff and the shit schedule I was given by Kelly. Natalie was allowed to work in there any time Todd wasn't there and anytime that anyone else wasn't there. Because she's lazy and only wants to work in control.

So, I told her that yeah... I don't really base my health care needs on whether or not she thinks she should have more time in central control, but told her that I wasn't fixing the other tendon in my elbow until probably next winter because I don't want to spend all summer/fall with a bad wing.

She didn't say anything about the first part at all, but agreed with the second part.

And this is the caliber of most of the people I work with... it's all me me me me... it's one of the million reasons why I want to find another job, iffin I can. I'm so done with all that nonsense.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
So...

The trumptards were in full effect yesterday. Which I'm 100% not surprised about. What I am surprised about (and perhaps I shouldn't be?) is the extremely poor policing done in the area and the poor response to a bunch of gobshites busting into the Capital building. And... the fact they (law enforcement & some media/pols) seemed to have no idea that these clowns were capable of such things.

How the hell do you not know and expect this? Seriously?

Yes, the police were out numbered and easily overran. But... why weren't they out there all riot geared out? In full force? Why wasn't the National Guard on hand to back them up. The fact that more use of force was used to move peaceful protestors so Lord Dampnut could have a photo op in front of a church than there was used to quell an insurrection is a bit puzzling, is it not?

It's all so mind bogglingly stupid it hurts me in my head.

I have no problem with protesting... protest away. That's everyone's right, regardless of what side of whatever issue is in the midst of things. Even if what you're protesting is idiotic, well... so be it. Whatever puts the wind in your sails. I'm just curious as to what they thought they were going to accomplish by busting into the Capital building, exactly? Did they somehow think that doing so was going to change anything? Because... no. (I also don't understand the other side burning and looting and carrying on like idiots, either, for the record.)

The thing I find most puzzling about it all, to be honest, is that I don't think they understand fully, the impact of what they've done. Not in the OMG they broke into the Capital Bldg stuff but the damage they're doing to the GOP. There's a real fracture here to the point of almost being two separate parties at the moment. It's like there are three parties now, Dems, Repubs and Trumptards.

And who does that benefit??? Not the Rs or the Ts, that's for sure. They're literally shooting themselves in the proverbial foot with this nonsense. I'm not saying that this is a permanent thing because who the hell knows at this point in time? But... it ain't looking good, kids.

It also makes me wonder about the status of the Electoral College. Without it, the GOP likely never wins another Presidential election. When you have Presidents winning elections only because of the Electoral College and losing the popular vote... that's already setting one's self up to have problems and then you have challenges to this Electoral College by the very people in benefits. Which... seems a bit counter productive to me.

And one of the trumptards/qanon idiots managed to get themselves killed. Which is what I was worried about all along. I was afraid people were going to get hurt... badly... and fortunately, it seems that wasn't the case for the most part. But one death due to stupidity is enough, innit?

The local forums were extra today. One trumptard wrote that Biden wouldn't be President for long, because Harris and Obama are plotting against him, so Obama can be President again and then we would be overrun by the Muslims.

They seem to be lacking like... any idea of how any of this works. And a brain. They seem to be lacking that, too. Thought I'd add that in case it wasn't quite obvious enough.

I don't think any of this nonsense is going to go away soon, unfortunately. I, however, am going to ignore the nonsense for a while. I did like... 9 crossword puzzles last night over the course of my shift and my brain is tired. 😁

Here's a silly little ditty that might make you smile, though. I remember singing this at the top of my lungs as a kid... cuz even kids can figure out the innuendos in this one.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I can’t stop thinking about a moment of regret from yesterday. I was walking my dog at a nearby lake & came around a corner to see a very white, obviously freshly shave head. I hate that my first thought was so focused on how white the head was comparatively to the neck, and wondering why this guy had shaved his head. As I got closer, I realized she was a female. On her lap was a little girl, they were snuggling & laughing on a bench facing the water. It was a very beautiful moment & my heart instantly hurt as my brain processed that this was more than likely a mom going through chemo. I couldn’t stop watching them. Shortly after I passed, the thought that I should offer to take their picture to capture that moment crossed my mind. But then I panicked about wrongly assuming she was a chemo patient & overthought things. In all of the memories I have of my mom, she was bald. I knew this lady was a chemo patient. I was so angry with myself for getting stuck on my pride & looking silly & completely lost an opportunity to capture the most beautiful moment of these two. Eventually I’d decided it was too late to turn around, and settled myself on the plan that I’d offer on my way back if I saw them. I didn’t. And I’m still angry with myself today for being a stupid butthead. I hope this woman is able to have many, many more years with this child & the precious moments like I witnessed are not numbered.
Have you gone back to the place, in the hopes...?

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Well. That was weird. I was writing a post and it all just up and disappeared whilst I was typing. 🤨

It wasn't all that important, I suppose.

A couple of work things; Walter (formerly 3rd shift, now 2nd shift) quit last night. He was in the midst of the x4 inmate vs staff assault and he's a bit older than me... and he knows how close they came to losing that fight (nothing good happens then) and... yeah. I totally get it. Unfortunately, that removes another good staff and leaves us even more short staffed than we already are. Walt exchanged phone #s and email addies with me... so we can stay in touch.

Also... Autumn. She's just... I don't even know what. She keeps parking in the handicapped parking area. Da fuq? She's not handicapped. She's only doing it because she can basically park right at the front door. I've seen this twice this week and, when I brought it up to Kelly, was informed it's been going on for some time. (Which begs the question of why Kelly, the lead supervisor, doesn't fucking say something...)

The first night I saw her park there, I almost asked her what her handicap was. Because... that's just me. But... I didn't. And I didn't not because of any fear or anything like that (trust me, I have no problem speaking my mind) but because sometimes, it's just not fucking worth it and pretty much nothing at that place is worth it.

I think that's one of the reasons Kelly has our monthly "staff meetings" on my days off. The last time (a few years ago) that she had a staff meeting on a day I was there, at the end of it she asked me why I didn't say a word the whole time and didn't I have any issues that I'd like to see addressed and I told her that I had a metric shit ton of issues that I felt needed to be addressed, but they were the same issues I asked to be addressed 23 yrs ago, 20 yrs ago, 15 yrs ago, 10 yrs ago, etc, etc, etc... and not once were any of them ever addressed so, I didn't see the point in even having a staff meeting in the first place, let alone participate in it.

That was my last staff meeting. 😁

I feel like eating candy. A lot of candy. That craving just hit me like a ton of bricks! There isn't any candy in this house, so I'm not able to indulge, but damn it... I really want candy! (I have no idea... I'm not even a candy person, really.)

One of the most amusing things of yesterday is the Qanon peeps eating their own. The poor bastard with the horn hat... he should've used a different costume, man. Too easily identifiable. It's hard to claim that it was all antifa breaking into the Capitol when an easily identifiable member of your own group is front and center in photos and video.

Also; When the left is protesting and/or rioting it's all blm and antifa's fault. When the right is involved in an insurrection/riot, it's all antifa's fault.

They're going all Shaggy on us, y'all.

Wasn't me...

·
Registered
INFJ
254 Posts
My coworker tested positive with covid. She was feeling off with a headache on new years eve and 2 days later, she had mucous in her throat. I kept telling her to to get tested and she did that weekend. We're a small animal hospital, so we have to assume that we've all been exposed. Since then, 2 more coworkers are feeling ill. Majority of us have gone to get tested (I went this morning), including the sick coworkers. I fear covid will run its course through our hospital. I've already quarantined at home with suspected covid (mom was positive but I was negative, both of us had same symptoms of headaches, fatigue, light headed; mom had a couple additional symptoms). I'm afraid of bringing it home again and it being a more aggressive strand. Because what we went through during the holidays was rough enough, I don't want to exceed that.

I think I'm going to start testing weekly. I'm a safe person and do what I can to prevent contracting this, but you can only do so much.

·
Registered
INFJ
254 Posts
I am appalled at what happened at Capitol Hill, yet I am sadly not surprised. I've been worried about civil unrest and a civil war, even. I have been saying all along that Trump is dangerous and yesterday was a prime example of that. It's laughable that Trumpsters are claiming that it was Antifa, since everything went to shit and became violent. Like, how about learning how to take responsibility? You all are spouting about "stop the steal" yet you need Antifa to do it for you? Which is it? This wasn't Antifa. This was Trump Supporters. This was QAnon. This was domestic terrorism. That dodo man with his plastic horns is a known QAnon member. But no, they'll ignore that detail as they ignore everything else that disputes their conspiracies and delusions. Because, "conservatives don't riot, only liberals do." those claims have not aged well.

Could you imagine if BLM protesters had attempted this? It would have been a completely different outcome.

They replaced the American flag with a Trump flag. That is incredibly un-American and frankly, creepy af. Like, hello Nazi Germany.

They set up a noose outside the Capitol.

A man was able to carry a confederate flag into the Capitol.

They scaled walls to get to the Capitol.

They trashed Senators' offices.

They breached the Senate floor.

They broke and vandalized government property.

All because their candidate lost. And he lost fairly. There has been no proof of cheating. But they'll take Trump's words over everything else.

Interesting that Trump ordered police to guard the Capitol during BLM but ordered them not to for the swarm of his followers. The double standard is deafening.

And let me say, Lindsay Graham gets no brownie points for saying that Trump lost after this failed coup took place. It should not have taken the storming of the Capitol for him to say that. I think he only did it because the Democrats have taken the Senate. I also think GOP leaders who have spoken out against Trump after the riot and Cabinet Officials who have resigned, did so as they found a last minute ticket off this sinking ship to separate themselves from Trump and make themselves "look good" by being in disagreement with him over what happened, as if they didn't spend years seeing this behavior right in front of their faces.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
I am appalled at what happened at Capitol Hill, yet I am sadly not surprised. I've been worried about civil unrest and a civil war, even. I have been saying all along that Trump is dangerous and yesterday was a prime example of that. It's laughable that Trumpsters are claiming that it was Antifa, since everything went to shit and became violent. Like, how about learning how to take responsibility? You all are spouting about "stop the steal" yet you need Antifa to do it for you? Which is it? This wasn't Antifa. This was Trump Supporters. This was QAnon. This was domestic terrorism. That dodo man with his plastic horns is a known QAnon member. But no, they'll ignore that detail as they ignore everything else that disputes their conspiracies and delusions. Because, "conservatives don't riot, only liberals do." those claims have not aged well.

Could you imagine if BLM protesters had attempted this? It would have been a completely different outcome.

They replaced the American flag with a Trump flag. That is incredibly un-American and frankly, creepy af. Like, hello Nazi Germany.

They set up a noose outside the Capitol.

A man was able to carry a confederate flag into the Capitol.

They scaled walls to get to the Capitol.

They trashed Senators' offices.

They breached the Senate floor.

They broke and vandalized government property.

All because their candidate lost. And he lost fairly. There has been no proof of cheating. But they'll take Trump's words over everything else.

Interesting that Trump ordered police to guard the Capitol during BLM but ordered them not to for the swarm of his followers. The double standard is deafening.

And let me say, Lindsay Graham gets no brownie points for saying that Trump lost after this failed coup took place. It should not have taken the storming of the Capitol for him to say that. I think he only did it because the Democrats have taken the Senate. I also think GOP leaders who have spoken out against Trump after the riot and Cabinet Officials who have resigned, did so as they found a last minute ticket off this sinking ship to separate themselves from Trump and make themselves "look good" by being in disagreement with him over what happened, as if they didn't spend years seeing this behavior right in front of their faces.
It was a thing, wasn't it?

I went to sleep waiting for the Electoral College stuff to start and woke to a domestic terror attack. Then it took me forever to go back to sleep cuz I was watching the chaos via one open eyeball. I did fall asleep again, eventually, and woke when things were better under control. But... it was a bit of a shock to wake up to... I mean, I expected violence and other stupidity from the trumptards, but I didn't really expect them to storm the Capitol. So a bit of a shock, that.

Kinda like 9/11... I woke up in the midst of that as well. Though this was not near as shattering, it was the same kind of what the fuck as 9/11... just not to the same degree.

And read about some of these trumptard dumbfucks that have been arrested so far. Jesus Christ, they're some whackadoo motherfuckers. Here's one http://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/trump-rioter-arrested-daughter-ashamed

He believed Democrats drain blood from kidnapped kids for adrenochrome. Qanon members believe that Democrats and Hollywood elites take a psychedelic drug called adrenochrome, derived by torturing children and harvesting their "oxidized hormonal fear".

Actually, that's beyond being a dumbfuck... that's more like a mentally ill trumptard dumbfuck. I mean, what kind of mental midget do you have to be to believe something so blatantly ridiculous. Shit sounds like a script from a B movie horror film.

Lord Dampnut should be removed from office. Unfortunately, I don't know that it's worth the effort to remove him at this point. He should've been removed a long fucking time ago... anyone with a fucking brain knew we were headed to this. (The guy who wrote Dampnut's book The Art of The Deal predicted much of this before Dampnut was even elected.) Hell, the fuckwit should've never been elected in the first place. Not an H. Clinton fan... at all... but my fucking dogs would've been a better pick for Prez than this incompetent, unintelligent knob.

As far as people like Pence, Graham, McConnell, Cruz, etc... they should all be forced to resign as well. They are just as responsible for this nonsense as Dampnut is. They fucking knew and they didn't say anything because their mouths were too full of Dampnut cock. They can't pull the cock out and speak up until there's a domestic terror attack... so, yeah. Those words mean not a fucking thing. They are complicit. They have blood on their hands.

I'm now concerned about what kind of brouhaha there's going to be at the inauguration... cuz the trumptards aren't just going to go away because he's going away. I fear they'll be up to worse than they got up to this go 'round.

One of my friends is considering leaving the US now, because of this. He lives in the south... he's in the midst of the trumptard base down there. He owns property (a small resort) in S. America... he's seriously considering selling off his property here and making the permanent move there. I don't blame him, honestly.

~~~
Today was a lazy day. I gamed a bit. Took the big pup and went to the pharmacy and the Tractor Supply. He was really excited to go! When I put his brother out and let him inside, he knew... he started looking to the coat hooks by the backdoor because he knows his leash is there. Smart pup! (I've never actually seen him do that before!)

He also scored big... he got so many cookies! He got a cookie at the pharmacy... the girls over there love him because he's so handsome! and then that the TSC, he got a cookie. A big fucker, too. The girl was loving on him and I told her that he liked to go, but he had a little brother at home that couldn't come because he's afraid of people and people don't ASK before they try to pet so I couldn't risk bringing him. She was sad about that, so she gave me another cookie to take to the wee pup... then she decided the big pup needed another cookie to take home, too, so he wouldn't be jelly of the wee pup when he got his cookie.

And then... he wee pup thought this cookie with stranger smells on it was poison, so he wouldn't it... so the big pup took it and gobbled it up. That's a lot of cookies for a 15 minute trip! 🤘

I meandered through the local forums, but didn't read much. One of the more prolific posters wrote You idiots, you fucked it all up! in reference to the domestic terrorists, of course. The poster is a trumptard, of course, about 2/3s of the forums are and he seemed upset that they'd pulled the nonsense they'd pulled and ruined "it". I wasn't sure what "it" was, so I commented and asked what "it" referred to... and was met by radio silence. Imagine that.

I have a feeling that the "it" was their belief that somehow the Electoral College was going to come out in Dampnut's favor and that these fuckwits from his own team somehow cost them a presidency that they were never going to get in the first place. But... since he didn't supply an answer to the question, I'm only putting a guess out there.

I gamed a bit. Playing just the single missions on Door Kickers. It's a tough little game that's a little game. Big challenge, little everything else. A single mission, if you plan it well, may only take a couple minutes. Before getting dressed to go to the pharmacy, I gave myself 5 missions to play. (Because I didn't want to get dressed and leave the house, but knew I had to, sooooo...) I completed all five in less than 30 minutes. So... 5-6 mins a pop?

Came home and played around with the game a little more. Pre ordered pizza, wings and breadsticks for chow. (Isn't it fucking amazing that you can pre order food?) Then took a nap on the couch for a while.

After chow I told my mom she was snoring earlier on in the day. Just prior to my nap, I came upstairs to let the pups out and the house was quiet as hell. I looked to see if my truck was gone, thinking maybe she'd gone to the store, but it was in the drive. Now... my mom is 80 yrs old, so... when she's quite as fuck, when she's sleeping, there's always a wee nigglin' in the back of my head that she's gone and passed away. Because... that is not outside the realm of possibility when you live with an elderly person.

So, I went to check on her... to see if she was in bed or if she'd gone to my sis' house for some reason. Her bedroom door is open, so I don't think she's in there... but I peak in and she's in bed, asleep. The cat's lying on top of her. And my mom is doing cartoon character snoring.

So, I stand there for like five minutes giggling... until the big pup decides to jump on the bed and give mom kisses. After that me and the pups went back downstairs and took our own nap.

But after chow mom was telling me how she didn't take a nap. I went to bed, but I couldn't sleep. I was like... dude... you were snoring!
😁 No I wasn't! I wasn't sleeping! Ok... so how long was I standing at the door giggling? I don't know. Yeah, you don't know because your ass was asleep and you were snoring like crazy!

My gawd, she's so much fun. She's the most unintentionally hilarious person I know.

Example... This happened several years ago when my mom was still working. She did housekeeping in a retirement home/nursing home. (She worked in the retirement home part) So, she was at lunch with her coworkers, who are all female, of course. They had a hella convo... and I know this because she and I had this convo at chow that night;

She: Do you know what a pocket pussy is?
Me: <nearly spits food all over the table> What?
Me: Uhm. Yeeeesss. Why do you ask?
She: Well, the girls were talking about pocket pussies at lunch and then they asked me what a pocket pussy was and I told them it was money a man carried in his pocket, in case he wanted to buy some pussy.
Me: Okaaaaay...
She: And then they laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. And when they stopped they told me what it was.
Me: I'm sure they did.
She: Are there really pocket pussies? I feel like they were joking me.
Me: They weren't joking you, they really exist.
She: Can you show me one?
Me: <gets out phone, finds a pocket pussy photo>
She: Oh.

😁Old people.😁

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Back to work. Yippee.

I'm laughing in my heart, though. Because of the (most certainly untrue) story of one of the domestic terrorists tasing himself in the balls and then dying of a heart attack. Yes, yes, yes... a joke. An internet meme. I know.

But Jesus Christ I wish it were true. 😁

And because falsehoods and untruths (like election fraud lies & Qanon nonsense) fly around social media like Usain Bolt and never seem to go away, regardless of how fucking untrue and moronic they may actually be... this man will forever be remembered as the guy who tased his own nuts till death whilst in the act of committing domestic terrorism.

Nice legacy, yo. Bet the fam's proud.

One thing I've noticed in the past day or so, since Twitter, Facebook and what not banned Lord Dampnut and Parler got whacked by whomever does what with them (I read, I don't remember. Amazon?) and PornHub banned Dampnut, too... had me a good laugh at that as well. (Don't even know if Dampnut was on PornHub, but still made me giggle.)

Anyway... what I've noticed since those things happened is that, apparently, a lot of people weren't paying attention in civics class when they covered the 1st Amendment. (Or probably any of the other 26, for that matter) Because I keep seeing lots and lots and lots of cries of Twitter, FB, etc violating Dampnut's 1st Amendment rights.

Uhm. No.

The 1st Amendment guarantees you protection of speech, press, religion, assembly and the right to petition from the government. The 1st Amendment protects you from the government. Last I looked Twitter, FB and the like are not government entities. They are private businesses. You do not have any right to use them and they can boot you off if they wanna. And that's not even taking into consideration the TOS that everyone agrees to by joining.

In other news...

I found a call one my phone from late Fri afternoon from the state police, personnel. So. I've apparently gotten another interview with them. Hopefully, there will be a better outcome this time. I didn't see it in time to call back (Because I saw it early this morning) and didn't see it yesterday because I was taking a nap when they called.

So, Monday I shall call them back and set up another interview. That sounds fun.

The alarm has rang. Guess it's that time...

·
Registered
INFJ
254 Posts
It was a thing, wasn't it?

I went to sleep waiting for the Electoral College stuff to start and woke to a domestic terror attack. Then it took me forever to go back to sleep cuz I was watching the chaos via one open eyeball. I did fall asleep again, eventually, and woke when things were better under control. But... it was a bit of a shock to wake up to... I mean, I expected violence and other stupidity from the trumptards, but I didn't really expect them to storm the Capitol. So a bit of a shock, that.

Kinda like 9/11... I woke up in the midst of that as well. Though this was not near as shattering, it was the same kind of what the fuck as 9/11... just not to the same degree.

And read about some of these trumptard dumbfucks that have been arrested so far. Jesus Christ, they're some whackadoo motherfuckers. Here's one http://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/trump-rioter-arrested-daughter-ashamed

He believed Democrats drain blood from kidnapped kids for adrenochrome. Qanon members believe that Democrats and Hollywood elites take a psychedelic drug called adrenochrome, derived by torturing children and harvesting their "oxidized hormonal fear".

Actually, that's beyond being a dumbfuck... that's more like a mentally ill trumptard dumbfuck. I mean, what kind of mental midget do you have to be to believe something so blatantly ridiculous. Shit sounds like a script from a B movie horror film.

Lord Dampnut should be removed from office. Unfortunately, I don't know that it's worth the effort to remove him at this point. He should've been removed a long fucking time ago... anyone with a fucking brain knew we were headed to this. (The guy who wrote Dampnut's book The Art of The Deal predicted much of this before Dampnut was even elected.) Hell, the fuckwit should've never been elected in the first place. Not an H. Clinton fan... at all... but my fucking dogs would've been a better pick for Prez than this incompetent, unintelligent knob.

As far as people like Pence, Graham, McConnell, Cruz, etc... they should all be forced to resign as well. They are just as responsible for this nonsense as Dampnut is. They fucking knew and they didn't say anything because their mouths were too full of Dampnut cock. They can't pull the cock out and speak up until there's a domestic terror attack... so, yeah. Those words mean not a fucking thing. They are complicit. They have blood on their hands.

I'm now concerned about what kind of brouhaha there's going to be at the inauguration... cuz the trumptards aren't just going to go away because he's going away. I fear they'll be up to worse than they got up to this go 'round.

One of my friends is considering leaving the US now, because of this. He lives in the south... he's in the midst of the trumptard base down there. He owns property (a small resort) in S. America... he's seriously considering selling off his property here and making the permanent move there. I don't blame him, honestly.

~~~
Today was a lazy day. I gamed a bit. Took the big pup and went to the pharmacy and the Tractor Supply. He was really excited to go! When I put his brother out and let him inside, he knew... he started looking to the coat hooks by the backdoor because he knows his leash is there. Smart pup! (I've never actually seen him do that before!)

He also scored big... he got so many cookies! He got a cookie at the pharmacy... the girls over there love him because he's so handsome! and then that the TSC, he got a cookie. A big fucker, too. The girl was loving on him and I told her that he liked to go, but he had a little brother at home that couldn't come because he's afraid of people and people don't ASK before they try to pet so I couldn't risk bringing him. She was sad about that, so she gave me another cookie to take to the wee pup... then she decided the big pup needed another cookie to take home, too, so he wouldn't be jelly of the wee pup when he got his cookie.

And then... he wee pup thought this cookie with stranger smells on it was poison, so he wouldn't it... so the big pup took it and gobbled it up. That's a lot of cookies for a 15 minute trip! 🤘

I meandered through the local forums, but didn't read much. One of the more prolific posters wrote You idiots, you fucked it all up! in reference to the domestic terrorists, of course. The poster is a trumptard, of course, about 2/3s of the forums are and he seemed upset that they'd pulled the nonsense they'd pulled and ruined "it". I wasn't sure what "it" was, so I commented and asked what "it" referred to... and was met by radio silence. Imagine that.

I have a feeling that the "it" was their belief that somehow the Electoral College was going to come out in Dampnut's favor and that these fuckwits from his own team somehow cost them a presidency that they were never going to get in the first place. But... since he didn't supply an answer to the question, I'm only putting a guess out there.

I gamed a bit. Playing just the single missions on Door Kickers. It's a tough little game that's a little game. Big challenge, little everything else. A single mission, if you plan it well, may only take a couple minutes. Before getting dressed to go to the pharmacy, I gave myself 5 missions to play. (Because I didn't want to get dressed and leave the house, but knew I had to, sooooo...) I completed all five in less than 30 minutes. So... 5-6 mins a pop?

Came home and played around with the game a little more. Pre ordered pizza, wings and breadsticks for chow. (Isn't it fucking amazing that you can pre order food?) Then took a nap on the couch for a while.

After chow I told my mom she was snoring earlier on in the day. Just prior to my nap, I came upstairs to let the pups out and the house was quiet as hell. I looked to see if my truck was gone, thinking maybe she'd gone to the store, but it was in the drive. Now... my mom is 80 yrs old, so... when she's quite as fuck, when she's sleeping, there's always a wee nigglin' in the back of my head that she's gone and passed away. Because... that is not outside the realm of possibility when you live with an elderly person.

So, I went to check on her... to see if she was in bed or if she'd gone to my sis' house for some reason. Her bedroom door is open, so I don't think she's in there... but I peak in and she's in bed, asleep. The cat's lying on top of her. And my mom is doing cartoon character snoring.

So, I stand there for like five minutes giggling... until the big pup decides to jump on the bed and give mom kisses. After that me and the pups went back downstairs and took our own nap.

But after chow mom was telling me how she didn't take a nap. I went to bed, but I couldn't sleep. I was like... dude... you were snoring!
😁 No I wasn't! I wasn't sleeping! Ok... so how long was I standing at the door giggling? I don't know. Yeah, you don't know because your ass was asleep and you were snoring like crazy!

My gawd, she's so much fun. She's the most unintentionally hilarious person I know.

Example... This happened several years ago when my mom was still working. She did housekeeping in a retirement home/nursing home. (She worked in the retirement home part) So, she was at lunch with her coworkers, who are all female, of course. They had a hella convo... and I know this because she and I had this convo at chow that night;

Me: <nearly spits food all over the table> What?
Me: Uhm. Yeeeesss. Why do you ask?
She: Well, the girls were talking about pocket pussies at lunch and then they asked me what a pocket pussy was and I told them it was money a man carried in his pocket, in case he wanted to buy some pussy.
Me: Okaaaaay...
She: And then they laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. And when they stopped they told me what it was.
Me: I'm sure they did.
She: Are there really pocket pussies? I feel like they were joking me.
Me: They weren't joking you, they really exist.
She: Can you show me one?
Me: <gets out phone, finds a pocket pussy photo>
She: Oh.

😁Old people.😁

They're a crazed cult and it's scary. And all of the GOP that have backed this man up until now are all guilty. Whatever shit they try to say now to backpedel out of the burning building will not erase all the damage they have helped inflict. Like you said, they have blood on their hands.

And even though it's wrong for a president to not attend an inauguration, I think it's a good that Trump isn't going at this point. Because I think we all know he would of had some crazy ass speach that would be in no way praising Biden and would rile up his followers. I just hope with Biden saying it's good that Trump isn't coming, that it doesn't actually encourage the man to show up.

There's talks of Trumpsters planning to attack all state Capitols on January 17th. Whether that's true or not, officials will have to spend the money to properly guard all of locations regardless. It's just insanity that this shit is even happening. There's other talks of them planning something on the inauguration day.

I know Hillary wasn't well liked, but I know she was more than qualified for the job and it should have been hers. We would have been in better hands over this POS. Our country wouldn't be on the brink of Civil War and so devided and falling apart. The world wouldn't be looking at us in the way they are right now.

I'm glad Trump is being banned from all social media. That should of happened ages ago. I can't wait for him to be out of the office. I just worry what damage he will try to inflict when he's out. But at least, and hopefully, it will be limited since he won't have access to all the media platforms that he once had.

And hopefully once he is out of office, the FBI will come knocking and put this asshole in prison.

-------

I worked 6 days straight this week (each 10 hour shifts) since we have a skeleton crew with staff out on quarantine. And I'll be working another 5 days next week. 2 staff members were positive with covid and another 2 out because they weren't feeling good and had pending results. 1 test came back negative, so that's good. Not sure how accurate that result is, though.

I helped scale back the schedule so that we could keep up with it, per what my manager and owner wanted. There's two owners and they are married. One owner is the doctor and the other overlooks 3 animal hospitals. He was pissed that we blocked off the schedule the way we did and he had an argument with our manager yesterday, in front of the staff, and made her cry. He was out of line and he shouldn't of had that argument in front of us all. And our poor manager was also on day 6, jumping in as a tech and dealing with her body pain, and she was already on the brink of tears due to the stressful week. So for him to come in and start yelling at her like that was uncalled for. Him and his wife (the doctor) need to communicate with each other better. Because one wanted it one way and the other wanted it a different way. And I get where he's coming from and the stress of loans to pay and bringing money in, but you have to understand, too, that we don't have the staff right now to keep up with a normal schedule. And we didn't have a protocol in place to follow for this particular situation. Afterwards, he apologized to her and to us. They sat down to implement a plan and they had called me in to go over it, since I'm the front office supervisor.

Overall, I love this hospital and I was shocked by what happened yesterday. There's definitely areas in leadership that could use improvement but overall, it's a good working environment and they treat us well and tell us often that we are doing great and are appreciated.

I have 1 day off, which is today, and I want to do nothing but I have to at least grocery shop.

·
Registered
INFJ
254 Posts
Animal hospitals have been moved back up to tier 1A for the covid vaccine on Friday. As of today, we're able to schedule to get it. Only Monday and Tuesday are available so far, and since I am already working those days, I will have to wait until more dates are available. Hopefully the rest of the week will open up and I can go Thursday.

96 Posts
That’s exactly what I would have done, if I was placed in your situation. I completely overthink things and am always talking myself out of taking social risks because “what IF someone takes it the wrong way” or I’m wrong about the situation. I felt this missed opportunity in my core. ☹

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Well, well.

I was in the shower a minute ago, trying to remember if today was Sunday or Monday. Apparently, it's Sunday and I've only worked one day this week. Seems like I've been there for several days already. Not surprisingly, I suppose.

Not that anything is going on. We're in a quiet period, overall, and my life at work is pretty uncomplicated at the moment. It's just that being in central control thing and being able to zen. Time goes by so fast. It's easy peasy. Maybe if all I did was work control, I'd consider not looking for other jobs.

Nah. Even if it was just easy peasy like this every night until I retire, I'd still choose to leave if I'm able. I'm so fucking done with the place that even when it's mostly good, it's still bad and I'm done. Just. Fucking. Done.

You know a place is shit when someone who's been there 23 yrs and is knocking 60's door is willing to take a significant pay cut and start all over again at the bottom of the totem. Because, that's where I am.

I was looking at the schedule last night, because Natalie wasn't there. And I noticed that she was not there Thur or Fri, either... and it wasn't vacation because 1) she doesn't have any and 2) the people who covered for her were doing ot. (We can't go into over time to cover vacations. If there's not enough people, you don't get vacation.)

So... she's called in sick for at least the last 3 days. It's possible that it's been more than that, that's just as far as my schedule goes. Pretty sure her days off are Tues/Wed... so, yeah. Convenient 5 day weekend... so far.

Which... nobody's crying about it, for sure. I think most are just happy they don't have to deal with her. When she and/or Todd are not around, everything is much more chill. All they do is bitch and carry on about stuff that's not important to anyone else on the planet, but it's like a goddamn tragedy for them for some reason. Just two generally and genuinely unhappy people, I suppose.

And not the brightest bulbs in the box, either. Which... I think plays into it quite a lot. It's not like they're slow enough to be perpetually happy. They're just bright enough to know that what they have (which isn't much in either case) is the best it's going to get for them because they're not bright enough to improve their station.

I mean... Todd let his wife move 3 hrs away with their kids. She doesn't work. He supports two households and only sees his kids on his days off. So... basically he's divorced. And, because his wife wears the pants (she used to work for us too, she's... something.) he's convinced himself this is what he wants... whilst stomping around pissed off at the world all day, every day.

I have to remember to call the state police tomorrow and see about scheduling an interview. I was really hype about this job the first time around, pretty confident about it and all that. For like a week, then I came to my senses and it played out as I knew it would. So... this time, I'm not really thinking about it. I'm not particularly optimistic... I probably shouldn't have been last time, but I went and got all silly.

The upside, I suppose, is that I just interviewed with them like... 4 months ago and, obviously I didn't get the job, but... they've called me for another interview, so it doesn't seem as though they hate me. Yay? 😁

37381 - 37400 of 37431 Posts