Personality Cafe banner
37661 - 37680 of 37685 Posts

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I survived my 4 hrs of work this morning.

I was exceptionally tired because I never got a nap in before going. I tried, but just couldn't sleep. And then, of course, about the time I arrive at work, the sleepiness kicks in because of course it does. And then the struggle began.

Fortunately, the part timer holding down my fort for the first 4 hrs was Crystal and she's good. I mean, she'd have been better if she would've taken the entire 8 hr shift, of course, but... yeah... she's not one of the lazy ones. Actually, we hardly have any part timers left (they, too, are fleeing the sinking ship) so... lazy or no, we need them.

Anyway... what I'm saying is that when I got there, everything was already done. That's the kind of part timer I like. The one that doesn't sit on their ass watching tv for 4 hrs and leaves all the work for you to cram into the last 4 hrs. And yes... we do have part timers that are known to do that. Sheer laziness...

So. All my work was done. All I had to do for those four hours was rounds. And that's all that I did. Well... rounds and about... 12 crossword puzzles. (I was cranking them out pretty fast!) I probably would've gotten a couple more puzzles finished but the fatigue was getting to me in that last hour and a half or so... and the clues stopped making a whole lot of sense... I had nothing else to do, so I kept plugging away at them... but yeesh... production slowed considerably!

So. I did rounds, crosswords and then took my ass home.

It wasn't perfect, but it was the best I could get outta the deal sooooooo...

I applied for the supervisor's job in the agency that shares our facility. I'll be very surprised if I get it. Sharon, who is the 3rd shift lead for that agency told me last night that she applied for it as well. Which... not surprising. She was really wound up last night because half of the people who work there are fucking morons... not because they're generally stupid (though I suppose some probably are) but because they are, by and large, very young and poorly trained.

So... I think Sharon would have a far better chance of getting that job than I'll ever have. And, to be honest, I'd kinda feel bad if I got it and she didn't. Not that I don't think I deserve a chance at it, but because I know how hard she works on 3rd shift and she busts her ass... and it seems fair that someone who already works there and is already doing a really good job for you should get the job over someone from the outside.

I mean, I know that's not always how it works, but it should be.

I'd be happy to get it, though. If for no other reason than it would get me out of the situation I'm in now and would be comparable pay to start... day shift, weekends and holidays off... so... we'll see.

To be fair, I'd likely use it as a stepping stone to a different job under their governmental umbrella (which is not the same umbrella as I'm under now) because like a lot of entities, once you're in it's a lot easier to get other jobs doing all manner of things. I'm not sure why it's like that, but it is. So... who knows?

But... I do have to get the job before anything else happens, and I'm honestly not holding my breath, sooooooo...

Actually... I have to get an interview before anything else, eh? I mean... I think I should, as I did get one for the same position before... but last time it was the fake interview. I best not get set up like that again because I will be pissed if that happens again. I'd have been pissed then, I had known that it was fake... I didn't realize until later and then didn't realize until even later than that, how damn fake it was. (I was interviewed by new hires that had never even worked in the field... so... yeah. Awesome.)

Bezos and company made their launch and the old lady didn't explode. Nor did the rocket. So... cool.

I did watch the launch and I saw the rocket land... and the big chutes deploy for the pod or whatever... but fell asleep before the pod made landfall. I was really tired and watching it fall to the earth was not entirely exciting, sooooooo...

I will say that the rocket/pod combination looked curiously like a wand style "personal massager".

:cool::p

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Last night.

And then entering the last of my extended weekends for what will likely be a significant amount of time. Yay.

Rita said that Mary told her she was coming to 3rd shift next bid. Which fucks me, I'll lose my days off and end up with... Sun/Mon off. Oh. Yay. The only upside is that Natalie would be off the shift. So... there's that. I really do need to find a different job... soon. I'm struggling with... well, just showing up... to the one I have now. I'm so fucking over it. All of it.

Of course, Mary has said such things in the past... but rarely follows through. She has, don't get me wrong, but most of the time she says she's coming to 3rd, she doesn't. There's work involved, for one thing... and you have to do it all night long, by yourself. And 1sties do not like work... not even remotely. They're not used to it quite frankly.

And then there's Mary's wife... who does not like Mary working 3rd shift. What's that they say about Happy Wife, Happy Life? So... yeah. And the main reason the Mary wants to come to 3rd is because people give her a hard time on 1st.

Well. Duh. That's 1st shift, first of all. 2nd of all... Mary's... I don't even know what to call her, to be honestly. She has called our youthful offenders ********... and has made other inappropriate comments. Not just race, but sexual and other sorts of things. And... honestly, I don't think that Mary's a racist and I also don't think Mary's hitting on the kids or whatever. I do think that Mary thinks she's joking and that the things she says are funny and that she truly doesn't understand that the things she does are inappropriate.

And I say that because I've got any of those vibes from her... and usually those people stick out like sore thumbs. Also, Mary is not the brightest of bulbs in the box. Also... Mary is from Podunkville in this state, people from the Podunks tend to think these things are things we can joke about because they grew up saying such things and laughing. Also... Mary is older... older than me, even, which... people this era... and well, just white people in general honestly, are sometimes accidently racist and/or inappropriate because they've never... well mingled, let's say.

It's not an excuse, I know. But I know a lot of people like this who have no idea some of the things they say are racist (or just inappropriate) as fuck.

Of course, there's also the possibility that I'm wrong. Hard as it is to imagine, sometimes it happens. ;)

So. We'll see. It's just another feather in the fuck this place cap, though. I mean... how many jobs exist where, the longer you work there, the worse your days off get? I mean... seriously now. Having Sun/Mon off would be going back to having the same days off I had 23 yrs ago. Progress! :rolleyes:

This happened COVID-19: Unvaccinated New England Politician Dies From Complications Of Virus, Report Says ... shockingly. :rolleyes:

A Lord Dampnut fan, a bigot and a conspiracy theory whackadoo. There's... well, there's just so much there and it's too easy to kick... but she's dead and that's not nice and it's really pointless anyway. A friend sent me the article and then sent screen shots of the comment sections on many of her Book of Faces posts. Let's just say that... people were not kind. Not even remotely.

And whilst I don't have any sympathy whatever for willfully ignorant people like this, I also think it's really uncool to do that shit on FB as well. A death sentence for stupidity should be punishment enough.

Seriously people. Do better.

Today is the boy's 28th birthday. That's fucking crazy.

We're celebrating come the weekend, as my sis's bday is just a few days away as well. We'll have some cake and ice cream and hang out for a bit. At least I'll have the day off (most of it) and get to just hang out and not have to run off to get ready for work five minutes after eating.

It seems like we just did his high school graduation... but that's been ten years ago already. Yikes. Where does the time go? I mean, I remember how fast it went from my graduation to my 10 yr anniversary and... it was no time at all. (And now it's 39 yrs later...)

He's off with his gf to visit her family here in a couple of months. I expect by this time next year that there's a good possibility that they may be engaged... or maybe even married. I think he's found his girl, is what I'm saying. And she's cool... I enjoy her. So that's good... I'd hate for his girl to be good for him but suck for the rest of us. ;) Or worse yet, suck for us and for him. It happens, you know.

I think once he meets her family... I think it'll go fast. They're quickly approaching their 30s and that clock is tick tocking... so... yeah. I think they'll be getting hooked up sooner rather than later.

But... who the fuck knows, right? The world has a habit if pitching curves, eh?

Last night at work was Kent's last night. So... we're down another one. Doug has a second (or 3rd) interview with the school system upcoming. So there's another one that is likely to be gone before long.

We've lost Billy, Gabrielle, Billy, Autumn and the part timer who's name I've forgotten already in the past 2.5 wks. And we've hired one person to replace them all. Just Cooper. So far, they keep telling me... but I ain't seen nobody else.

They did do a smart thing, though. Cooper has been working 2nd shift... and now, they've decided to move him to 1st shift... which well help us out a lot as far as mandatory overtime goes. But good fucking grief we need to get to hiring some people... now... fast. And it doesn't seem to be happening.

I'm not confident of the agency surviving until next year, to be honest.

·
Registered
74 Posts
a disgruntled former coworker shot and killed a reporter and her camera man whilst they were doing a live spot
Having an Arabic name and being Muslim doesn't automatically move you from the disgruntled employee to terrorist category in my book.
seems it may be a disgruntled employee sort of deal
I get disgruntled employee shootings. Obviously don't condone them, but... I get it.
All warweasel wants is to hear about the gruntled for once. But the ranks of the gruntled grow more sparse by the day, and it makes warweasel disgruntled.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I'm sorry, what I meant to say was warweasel only became feckful just before the start of 2020. The whole time prior to that, he was feckless.
Disgruntled, disheveled, hapless and feckless? I suppose that about covers it. Also, bravo for the deep dive to 2015.

~~~
Waiting for the mother to return from the vet with her cat. (He's fine, regular check up) I'm hungry, damn it, and the bar awaits me. I need... well, I dunno what I need. Food, certainly. Drinks? Hmmmmm... do I need copious amounts of Guinness or do I need to drown myself in Moscow mules? I've not decided.

It's been a day of patio perching. It's getting hot, though. Well, it's been hot... I mean that the weather over all is ramping up over the next few days. My computer says it's 95F out at the moment... my phone says 93F. So... yeah. Warm. Likely to get much warmer than that over the next few days, though.

RN is leaving for a bit and I'm to look at the house and make use of the pool... so me and the big pup will run over there once a day for 30 minutes to an hour or so. He'll enjoy that... it's the only active thing the lazy bum likes to do, so... we'll make sure he gets a bit more of it in for the year. It's likely to be the last of it for the season and maybe forever.

When I was at RN's last weekend she said she was planning on selling the house and moving out of state. She was hoping to have that accomplished by the end of the year. So... if she's gone, big pup will no longer have access to a swimming pool, poor guy. I'll probably have to take him to the doggy daycare place a couple times a year, maybe... they've got a swimming pool. (Inside and out)

As for how I feel about RN leaving? Meh. A few years ago, I'd have been quite sad about that... but now? I only see her in person maybe once a year (some of that is pandemic & work's fault, but some of it ain't) and we don't really talk too very much, anymore. Just a text here and there in passing, soooooooooo...

So, it's all good. Can't miss what isn't there, eh?

I got a text from someone (a coworker, though I have no idea who) last night saying the brand new girl got mandatory overtime for 3rd shift, the entire 8 hrs. And I was like... and? (It was asking if people would come in and relieve her)

Well, that's a hard pass, thanks. I can't get three full days off in a row, despite having put in for them four months ago and have been getting stuck with mot quite a lot the past two months and I'm supposed to coming rushing, on my night off, to save the noob from mot? I don't think so, but thanks for asking.

It sucks to be a noob. It sucks to get held over for an additional 8 hrs on your very first day. But... welcome to the shit show, mate. I don't feel sorry for them... honestly, she'd best get quite used to it, cuz it's going to happen a lot.

Ahhhhh... I've heard the mother return, with the cat, I presume. Time to go finds foods.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts

An exchange between me and the ENFJ [his text is in gray] boyfriend.

Yes, boyfriend. It's been years since I've called someone that, and I didn't think I would again any time soon. But that's how he want this to be.

I feel this sort of... scary warmth? Like I can feel his affection enveloping me, and I know it's a lot for what my WASP-raised system is used to. It's nearly in shock. How did I think that could avoid this while dating an Italian ENFJ musician? Oy.

Reactions: warweasel

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I'm sorry, what I meant to say was warweasel only became feckful just before the start of 2020. The whole time prior to that, he was feckless.
I sort of wish I had the energy and fucks of myself from approximately 3 years ago so I could figure out who you are.

But I almost feel as if it would be disappointing for me to find out at this point. You're better off in my brain as some vaguely antagonistic enigma.

It's like how the Lord of the Rings universe never explains who/what Tom Bombadil is or where the Entwives went.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was hoping that after the last decade of offended-at-everything-mode, the world would have surely regained their senses by now and things would have, if not returned to normalcy, at least be going in that direction. But if my posts to were seen as even 0.1% 'antagonistic', then that hope was misplaced (sigh)

My posts were about how those words don't have the corresponding opposite. You can be disheveled, but you can't be heveled... you can be feckless, but you can't be feckful... you can be disgruntled, but you can't be gruntled...

If we were in times where the humor-radar was calibrated normally, one would look at that and think "How funny, he just said words that don't exist. Also, why can't we be heveled?" But in hypervigilant-to-find-offense times, one looks at that and thinks "Why so antagonistic to warweasel"

I truly hope the radar can get calibrated back to normalcy one day.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I was hoping that after the last decade of offended-at-everything-mode, the world would have surely regained their senses by now and things would have, if not returned to normalcy, at least be going in that direction. But if my posts to were seen as even 0.1% 'antagonistic', then that hope was misplaced (sigh)

My posts were about how those words don't have the corresponding opposite. You can be disheveled, but you can't be heveled... you can be feckless, but you can't be feckful... you can be disgruntled, but you can't be gruntled...

If we were in times where the humor-radar was calibrated normally, one would look at that and think "How funny, he just said words that don't exist. Also, why can't we be heveled?" But in hypervigilant-to-find-offense times, one looks at that and thinks "Why so antagonistic to warweasel"

I truly hope the radar can get calibrated back to normalcy one day.
To be fair, I was saying "antagonistic" with a more comedic bent. I'm referencing your "if I were to cut you, would you bleed?" remark. To be perfectly clear, I find this all very entertaining and don't feel attacked in the slightest. Didn't feel as if you were attacking Warweasel, either.

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
It's a wonderful 0100 here at the moment.

And in 15 mins, I'll head off to work... since I can't get a full day off. Yay. :rolleyes:

Hopefully, like last week, everything is done when I get there and all I'll have to do is rounds for four hours before running along back home. And... unlike last week, I have the night off tomorrow night, so they can't stick me with mot in the morning, if such a thing were to become a possibility. Last week? Last week, they could have... and there'd have been nothing I could do about it... and I've have been more than a little bit pissed off and way more than a little bit tired.

But... that didn't happen, so it's all good.

I haven't had any calls for 1st shift overtime during the time I've been gone. I think moving Cooper to 1st shift, where he was actually needed, is helping out quite a lot with that. He's a good constant because he can't call in sick... not for 6 months... well technically he could, he'd just not get paid... but most people err on the side of caution when it comes to using sick leave whilst on probation.

Of course, there are people who are pissed off that Cooper was moved to 1st shift. Not because he's on 1st shift... though I suspect some people are annoyed for that reason alone, but... because he was placed into Billy's old hours... which means this brand new dude is working 1st shift with Fri/Sat off. Many people, including Todd, pitched a fucking hissy fit about that you can be assured. (Todd pitches fits about everything, though, so... shocker.)

These cry babies thought that the hours should've been opened up for other staff to take based on seniority. And... if this were other places, with enough staffing, I would agree with them. However... vacation days and what not were approved based on the current schedule that came about after the last bid... and with the bare nubbins of people that we have... if you start moving people from shift to shift, and still grant them days off they were granted for another shift (because believe they'd bitch if you didn't do just that), well... you can see the problems that would cause.

And... it's not like Cooper's going to be there forever. Next bid is at the end of September. It's not that far away... nobody's going to die in those two months. (Well... lots of people will die, just... probably not these people and certainly not because of this issue.)

And... just as a side note... Todd could've had these hours at shift bid originally. He was more senior than Billy... if he'd have really wanted those days off, he should've taken them then. Of course, had he done that, he'd have nothing to piss and moan about now, would he?

Yesterday we were supposed to celebrate my sis & the boy's birthday with some cake and ice cream at my sis' house. She came over prior to the planned event time, however, and said the whole thing had been cancelled (for now) because the boy and his gf were barfing all about the place. So... bummer, dude.

I believe we'll be doing that this upcoming Saturday, which sucks... cuz I'll have to get up way early to attend and, of course, I have to work. So... yay. I was so happy it was on my day off, so I could enjoy the time with fam... but, as it turns out, that's not going to be happening. As usual. So... yeah.

Well... time for me to roll. Yippee skippy!

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
This is my last night of freedom for the foreseeable future. (A month? I think?)

Bah humbug.

I need a new job, at the very least. And I'd really like to just... retire. I can't. I probably won't ever be able to... well, maybe, but yeah. I dunno. My ability to retire is more than a little sketch is what I'm saying. Which sucks... but... well, that's the reality of it all, so nothing much I can do about that.

I've found a few things to apply for... I won't get them, but I will apply for them. That's really all that I can do, innit? At least I'm doing the work on my end... I can't do anything about what they do on their end. So... yeah.

I ran off to work last night for four hours. That was fun. Fucking air conditioning... or lack thereof. I think they're just trying to kill us off. Hot as fuck in the building. It's humid and hot outside... but hey, let's not fix the ac. It'll be winter soon enough... I'm starting to think that's the mentality. I'm going to send an email about that shit, though. Fuck it.

Debating also whether to file a grievance for my days off that were denied. I'm not sure if I should wait until my last one gets denied at the beginning of Sept. or not. It's probably make my case better. Thing is, I'm just not really sure what filing a grievance would accomplish. They're obviously not going to give me my days off that were denied, that's all done and gone now. So what then? Give me bonus vacation time for not letting my use my vacation time? I mean... I'm all about it... it's just that... well, what the hell am I supposed to do with it? I mean... not being able to use the vaca time is the fucking point... so what good does giving me more time I can't use do me?

And I suspect that's exactly what would happen.

I dunno, man. I feel like I have to do something because otherwise they just keep doing the shit. Not that I expect them to stop, but... well... it's the principle of the thing, right?

When I got to work last night (early this am, actually) the laundry wasn't done. Which made me sad. But... there aren't many inmates on my unit right now and half the females didn't shower, so... that helped a lot. And Crystal folded the laundry that was there... it wasn't her fault it didn't get done, it was an equipment issue, sooooooooo...

The thing about Crystal folding the laundry was that she didn't like... sort it. In sizes. She just folded them into piles... and yeah, I appreciate the effort, but not sorting them pretty much meant that I had to unfold them all (to find the sizes, cuz they're not on the waistband, but down inside in the back) and then refold them all because there was no rhyme or reason to the way they were stacked.

So. Yeah. It wasn't a big dealio, honestly, just a little frustrating.

I gained a female on my unit, but lost like three dudes. Which... I'd rather lose the females, yo. They're so... ugh. I dislike interacting with them in any way, shape or form. I have to... but I don't want to. Female inmates suck.

One of my dudes that left... likeable kid, really outgoing and gregarious. He'd been with us for almost a year, waiting for his (adult court) stuff. At the beginning of the month, he told me he was getting off with 3 yrs probation and then he'd be free and clear of his charges and stuff... which were pretty serious.

Well... he got sentenced and he did not get three years probation. He got 10-18 yrs in prison. I looked up his intake photo at the adult prison. He didn't seem to be very cheerful. I like the kid and we got on just fine, but... he deserved the 10-18... he was originally looking at up to 50 yrs in prison, so honestly, he got off pretty well, I think. He's eligible for parole in 2025... assuming he doesn't fuck shit up.

Don't be trying to shoot people up, kids.

Alrighty... going to go chow on some ribs from yesterday. I had some for breakfast and they were so good.

This... this right here!

·
Registered
INFJ - Type 5 (529) - Ravenclaw
367 Posts
I had my 30th birthday yesterday. I worked and then went out to dinner with friends and had some drinks. Afterwards, my best friend and I picked up snacks, ate an edible, and watched Iliza Schlesinger on Netflix.

I went to my first comedy show last week and we saw Iliza. She is hysterical. I was laughing so hard, my cheeks and stomach were hurting.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I had my 30th birthday yesterday. I worked and then went out to dinner with friends and had some drinks. Afterwards, my best friend and I picked up snacks, ate an edible, and watched Iliza Schlesinger on Netflix.

I went to my first comedy show last week and we saw Iliza. She is hysterical. I was laughing so hard, my cheeks and stomach were hurting.
It sounds like you've had a great birthday! Happy 30th!

~~~
My month of avoiding work via vacation time has now ended. I only have a two day work week this week (well... 2.5 since I had to work 4 hrs Sunday) and then it's my weekend again... but after that? Five days. In a row. Every week. Until... well, at least the beginning of Sept.

I might die.

Well. We all might die, obviously, but you know what I mean. I just... ugh. I don't wanna.

I found a couple of jobs to apply for... one I will definitely not get hired for (I'd fall off from a heart attack if I did) as it's a position almost wholly filled by retired law enforcement officers. It's a security job at the Hall of Justice. Basically standing at the front doors, by the metal detectors, and... well... standing at the front doors by the metal detectors.

Every time I've went there, for whatever reason, there have been four security dudes there. All standing (or sitting on their stools waiting) at the metal detectors. My guess is they do very little there... I'm sure they catch a weapon or two (probably knives people forget about... pocket knives and such) but I doubt there's much else that goes on. I mean... it's the Hall of Justice, so there's always potential... it's where the courts are, soooooooooo...

But yeah. I won't get the job because they'll hire some retired cop. I'm still going to apply, though, cuz I've got nothing to lose. Nothing to gain, either, really... but whatever.

The other job is one I've applied for repeatedly. I had an interview for it a while back, but it went nowhere. Like the state police dispatch job, this is one that comes up frequently... high turnover, for who knows what reason. I could solve that problem for t hem, if they hired me... or solve some of it... but I'm not optimistic about my chances there, either.

I was meant to stay up all night last night, but fell asleep on the couch and slept there all night. I woke up several times and thought about hauling my carcass up to game or something, but I was just so sleepy... I just slept. That's not a good thing when I have to work tonight, but... whatever.

I stopped by RN's place, went the pharmacy, had the dogs out until about noon or so. (They wanted to go in... it's hot as Hades here now, with high humidity. It's a bit ugly. It was a heat index of 99F when we went in, soooooooo...) Had some food and then napped on the couch the rest of the day. I'll probably pay for not sleeping during the day, like I should've... but when you're tired, you're tired.

RN placed a bid on the house she was looking at and they accepted the bid before she even got back home. So... I guess she'll be moving along then. She asked me if I could help her move. I would... but logistically, it just doesn't work. As a 3rd shift person, I get 1.5 days off... she's moving 2 states away... there's just no way I would be able to do anything... getting there and back takes more days off than I even have, sooooooooooo...

Sounds like a fucking nightmare to me, to be honest. To pack up your entire life and drag it two states away? Ugh. I moved my shit down the street and that was about more than I could deal with... fortunately, I was able to move stuff out at my own pace and when I was ready... and I had plenty of help since my entire family lives on the same street.

But fucking packing up your entire house and then driving... fuck all knows how many hours... unpack your shit... drive however many miles back... pack up your shit... etc and so forth? Ugh. No. Just no. Burn it all with fire and buy new. That's what would be tempted to do. I probably wouldn't... because in the grand scheme of things, I don't have that much... I think one medium sized UHaul truck would be sufficient to stuff everything I own into... and one trip.

Acutally... I think if I were making a big move like that... I'd only take my bed, furniture wise... and then just my shit. Nothing else I have is really worthy of making a multiple state move, to be honest. But... I don't suspect that's how most people would do it. But as I said... I don't really have much, sooooooooooo...

Oh... I'd take my pc chair, too. It's newish and awesome. ;)

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
We've lost another one at work.

Owen, our 3rd shift supervisor, put his two week notice in. He's going to go work in a warehouse. Going from about $30 hrly to $18 hrly... just to get out. And supervisors don't even deal with the bullshit line staff deal with... they don't have mandatory overtime, they don't get their leave requests denied... they don't actually do much work, really, to be honest.

And yet... here is Owen taking a huge pay cut just to get out. If that's not a clue the ship's sinking, I don't know what is.

I don't think any of the other supervisors will quit, though. They're either power trippin' (Marisala), trying to politic their way into being deputy director (Kelly) or they've been there so long and their age is such that starting over really isn't financially feasible for them.

Oh... I think Joe would quit. If Joe can find another job, I think he'll leave. Which is what the other supervisors want him to do, as they never wanted him hired in the first place. (To be fair, he's not really supervisor material... but he tries and he's a good guy. Far far better than the rest of them. Combined.)

And yes... Kelly has been working 1st shift for the past... well, most of this month, actually. She "fell" in the supply room (where there are no cameras) and had to have surgery on her knee. And no... I don't believe the injury happened at work... nor does anyone else. But... it's nice to have the agency pay for it, innit?

Anyway... Kelly has been on 1st shift and everyone knows what she's doing there. She's politicking. She's trying to jockey herself into a deputy director position... which, actually doesn't even exist. (It used to, years ago) She's up there in admin sucking as much ass as she can, trying to show them what a good girl she is...

We'll see how that goes for her, I guess.

I'm just hoping to get through this night without any mandatory overtime. I have a dentist appt. straight away in the morning and then the weekend... and then back to the 5 day work week grind. Ugh. I so don't wanna. When the days off get here, I'll be applying for those jobs. I don't expect to hear anything from any of them. It's kinda how things go.

I've not heard a thing about the supervisor position for the other agency in our facility. If they were fixing to give me an interview, they'd have done it already, soooooooooooooooo...

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
If you are seeing someone and the other person has regular sleepovers with other people (could be apart, cuddling, kissing - sex not out of the question), would jealousy be the right word to describe the reaction?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
If you are seeing someone and the other person has regular sleepovers with other people (could be apart, cuddling, kissing - sex not out of the question), would jealousy be the right word to describe the reaction?

This is an odd sounding scenario? I guess it depends on what you mean by “seeing someone”. I don’t think I’d put myself in the “seeing someone” category with a person that was still being intimate with others.

Jealousy is an interesting little beast. I don’t like feeling jealous. It makes me weak & vulnerable. So, if I found myself in this scenario you are describing, where someone I was seeing was still being intimate with others & I recognized myself feeling jealous, I’d exit that situation. It doesn’t make me run to a person, it makes me run away from a person. It’s an unsafe situation for me, therefore I remove myself from it. Disengage. A lot of my warmth towards the person would disappear.

All of this doesn’t really answer your question though. I guess there’s not really enough info to say whether jealousy would be the right word to describe my reaction. A moment of jealousy, maybe. After recognizing that, I’d evaluate the situation & probably be turned-off from the person. Esp if I felt they were trying to make me jealous. It’s cruel.

37661 - 37680 of 37685 Posts