Personality Cafe banner

5921 - 5940 of 37155 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
View attachment 82815 View attachment 82816 I have Mt. Dew on hand... oh wait! I just picked up some fresh apple cider this evening. Everclear and apple cider, the perfect fall drink.

And for Jeb, I took a closeup of the label so you can see all the warnings.
Cider? You people are all disgusting! I get headaches LOOKING at cider.

Came home from a friend's and stopped into my grandmother's house. Glad to see she's really enforcing the stereotype.
WP_20130912_002.jpg

I'm having Chinese food for breakfast.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
And... free. For the moment. I have 2.5 hrs until I bid my shift. Yay. :dry: See if I can manage to keep my days off, or get bumped. I'm not going to be happy if I get bumped, but... nothing I can do about it, so no real reason to complain. (I probably will anyway, lol) It's all such a pain in the ass. Better than the alternative, but still a pain.

Breakfast with the boy was good, though. We have to break in new wait staff as our old regular quit last week. That's also annoying. As soon as you get them broke in, seems like they leave and you gotta start all over again. And our old wait staff is going to miss out on my Christmas tipping. The past 2 yrs, I've done $25 tips through the month of December. This year, I'm going to do $50 tips. (Big tipping during the holiday is fun to do. You should try it some time if you got the extra cash, especially if you're a regular somewhere. It's awesome.) So, yeah. We'll spend the next couple months breaking in the noob. Actually, the noob will probably change several times before we get a regular. That seems to be the way it works.

Convo with Sam in shift briefing...
(Just as I walk into briefing...)

He: No briefing for you tonight. Go straight to your unit. Nothing happened, I think your numbers are the same. There aren't enough people left on 2nd to cover, so you need to go and relieve Jackie.
Me: What else is new? *reading my paperwork quickly* My numbers have changed, I got one more...
He: Oh. And if you see any of those huge spiders like Kelly said you saw last week, kill it.
Me: That was a huge spider!
He: That's what Kelly said. Kill them, War.
Me: It was outside. You want me to just dash out the door to kill a spider? I'm not going to dash out the door to kill a spider. It's outside, so no reason to kill it.
He: If it's outside, it'll get inside eventually. Sooner or later...
Me: So? You don't live here. I never kill the spiders.
He: I know. Kill the damned spiders, War.
Me: Why? They're not bothering me.
He: Because it'll get in sooner or later and I don't want to be taking a shit and have one of those hairy legged motherfuckers crawling out from under the toilet while I'm sitting here with my pants around my ankles. Because, knowing my luck, that's exactly what will happen. I'll be taking a shit and it'll crawl out from under the toilet and... nothing good will happen.
Me: *laughing hysterically* You'll scream like a little girl and come running outta the head with your pants around your ankles!
He: I will not scream like a girl...
Me: Dude, if that happens be sure to pinch it off quick like before you bolt. You don't wanna blow an O ring or anything!
He: Ha. Ha.
Me: I can see you flying outta the head with your drawers down and shooting a shit torpedo half way across the room!
He: Got to your unit...
Me: Fine. I'm not killing any spiders, though, just so you know. You want 'em dead, you come kill 'em.

I must've giggled for 30 minutes, picturing Sam flying out of the bathroom with his drawers down, cuz a big hairy spider was sharing quarters with him. I work with such a bunch of nancys, I swear.

Well. Off to go game for a while. Maybe edit a bit, too. Or write. Or both. Not like I don't have time to kill, after all.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Does anyone else go back and re-read some of their own posts to evaluate whether or not their perspectives or insights are different now from what they were then?

If so, does anyone else ever have at least one of the two following reactions?

(1) Ah, damn it all to hell, a typo/grammatical error that I missed somehow and now it's too late to fix it. This is going to haunt me for freaking hours. Maybe days, even.

AND/OR

(2) Wow, I was waaaayyy more irritated when I wrote that than I had realized and I didn't conceal it nearly so well as I probably should have. Whoops.

Or is all of that just me?
Yes I do this all the time, and yes I often have those reactions. Yet other times I'm honestly surprised at the witty or insightful responses I make too. "Darn, I actually wrote that?"

BTW, is youtube acting funny for the rest of you. Nothing will play, I keep getting "An error occured. Please try again."

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
After getting a night or 2 of good, restful sleep, I have a wave of emotion that reveals how much of an immature baby I really have been over the years. It's time for me to grow the fuck up and be a man. Sleep is so important.
:happy:

Cider? You people are all disgusting! I get headaches LOOKING at cider.

Came home from a friend's and stopped into my grandmother's house. Glad to see she's really enforcing the stereotype.
View attachment 82827

I'm having Chinese food for breakfast.
:laughing:

And... free. For the moment. I have 2.5 hrs until I bid my shift. Yay. :dry: See if I can manage to keep my days off, or get bumped. I'm not going to be happy if I get bumped, but... nothing I can do about it, so no real reason to complain. (I probably will anyway, lol) It's all such a pain in the ass. Better than the alternative, but still a pain.

Breakfast with the boy was good, though. We have to break in new wait staff as our old regular quit last week. That's also annoying. As soon as you get them broke in, seems like they leave and you gotta start all over again. And our old wait staff is going to miss out on my Christmas tipping. The past 2 yrs, I've done $25 tips through the month of December. This year, I'm going to do $50 tips. (Big tipping during the holiday is fun to do. You should try it some time if you got the extra cash, especially if you're a regular somewhere. It's awesome.) So, yeah. We'll spend the next couple months breaking in the noob. Actually, the noob will probably change several times before we get a regular. That seems to be the way it works.

Convo with Sam in shift briefing...
(Just as I walk into briefing...)

He: No briefing for you tonight. Go straight to your unit. Nothing happened, I think your numbers are the same. There aren't enough people left on 2nd to cover, so you need to go and relieve Jackie.
Me: What else is new? *reading my paperwork quickly* My numbers have changed, I got one more...
He: Oh. And if you see any of those huge spiders like Kelly said you saw last week, kill it.
Me: That was a huge spider!
He: That's what Kelly said. Kill them, War.
Me: It was outside. You want me to just dash out the door to kill a spider? I'm not going to dash out the door to kill a spider. It's outside, so no reason to kill it.
He: If it's outside, it'll get inside eventually. Sooner or later...
Me: So? You don't live here. I never kill the spiders.
He: I know. Kill the damned spiders, War.
Me: Why? They're not bothering me.
He: Because it'll get in sooner or later and I don't want to be taking a shit and have one of those hairy legged motherfuckers crawling out from under the toilet while I'm sitting here with my pants around my ankles. Because, knowing my luck, that's exactly what will happen. I'll be taking a shit and it'll crawl out from under the toilet and... nothing good will happen.
Me: *laughing hysterically* You'll scream like a little girl and come running outta the head with your pants around your ankles!
He: I will not scream like a girl...
Me: Dude, if that happens be sure to pinch it off quick like before you bolt. You don't wanna blow an O ring or anything!
He: Ha. Ha.
Me: I can see you flying outta the head with your drawers down and shooting a shit torpedo half way across the room!
He: Got to your unit...
Me: Fine. I'm not killing any spiders, though, just so you know. You want 'em dead, you come kill 'em.

I must've giggled for 30 minutes, picturing Sam flying out of the bathroom with his drawers down, cuz a big hairy spider was sharing quarters with him. I work with such a bunch of nancys, I swear.

Well. Off to go game for a while. Maybe edit a bit, too. Or write. Or both. Not like I don't have time to kill, after all.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You paint quite a picture there War! :laughing:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Why is what I did at 3am last night with every ounce of my energy and power not really "doing" anything, while this other thing I'm fighting to force myself to start is "doing" something?

Hello Fe-aux internalized values. You need to get out of me. I don't need you anymore. You will be removed.

Easier said than done. But mark my words: it will happen, and it will happen all the way. And when it does, I'll be freer than I have been in decades.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Here for a moment. Must finish editing tonight. :dry: At least after I'm done with this batch, I have a break for a couple of weeks. I really, really, really want to sleep. For a long time, lol. I've just been so damned tired the past couple of days. Probably that end of the week, run outta steam bit. Can't even go to bed early tomorrow cuz I gotta take that lense to the camera shop to have it looked at to get documention so I can get it replaced. Yay. :rolleyes: I hate errands and I hate hoop jumping even more. Necessary evil sometimes, but... argh. No likey.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
<Snippity, snip snip> :rolleyes: I hate errands and I hate hoop jumping even more. Necessary evil sometimes, but... argh. No likey.
hoop dog.jpg

All the people in the background? Actuarians for the insurance company.

Hope you get the blue ribbon!​

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
<snip>

I see boy humor edures past age 12 or 13....:rolleyes:

P.S. Glad you don't kill the outdoor spiders.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
View attachment 82891

All the people in the background? Actuarians for the insurance company.

Hope you get the blue ribbon!​
lol. Me too. I also quite like hover dog! Not sure the lense is going in today. Tired and not having a good pain day. If I run errands, I want to do them all in one swoop... and that's looking like a bit much today, I'm afraid. Tomorrow... if not today.

I see boy humor edures past age 12 or 13....:rolleyes:

P.S. Glad you don't kill the outdoor spiders.
Yes. Yes, it does. And no. I don't kill outdoor spiders. I don't kill the indoor ones (at work), either, which is what distresses everyone. They don't bother me, I don't bother them. (I will kill spiders under two conditions: 1) They are on me. 2) They are in my house. Elsewise? I let them be.)

And now... I'm off for a bit. To write, me thinks. :cool:

5921 - 5940 of 37155 Posts