Personality Cafe banner

5941 - 5960 of 37155 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
I screwed up BIG TIME. The big assignment I thought was due today? Was due Tuesday. I submitted it three days late and will get a boatload of points docked, even though it is a stunning work of my usual genius BS. There goes my 4.0, maintained through undergrad and, up til now, graduate days. F*CK. Think I'll mix Everclear with Poitin and burn a hole through my innards.

Yes. Yes, it does. And no. I don't kill outdoor spiders. I don't kill the indoor ones (at work), either, which is what distresses everyone. They don't bother me, I don't bother them. (I will kill spiders under two conditions: 1) They are on me. 2) They are in my house. Elsewise? I let them be.)
We share identical spider philosophies. I happen to LIKE spiders, very much. I will even spare them in certain areas of the house, like the basement, since I don't go down there much anyway. But they are banned from the bedroom. No want spiders on me when I sleep.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
We share identical spider philosophies. I happen to LIKE spiders, very much. I will even spare them in certain areas of the house, like the basement, since I don't go down there much anyway. But they are banned from the bedroom. No want spiders on me when I sleep.
I actually like spiders as well. I find them industrious and fascinating. I really, really don't like killing them if I don't have to do so. I do kill the ones inside, but only cuz I don't want to end up sleeping with them (the part of my house I inhabit is in the basement, sooooo...) and... I end up sleeping with them, anyway, as I get bitten a few times a year. (Just recently on my heel... jeezes jones, that itched to beat all heel. Like a mosquitoe bit x1000.) Besides, my mom would freak. :cool:

Apparently, I shouldn't have taken my narcotics on an empty stomach, but not for the reason that one would expect. I took them a couple hours ago and am now up because I'm hungry, lol. Silly, silly kid. I should've just eaten and then went back to bed.

And... the insurance adjuster called about the lense again already. Persistent little soul. I'll have to make sure to get that camera business sorted out tomorrow. Guys bugging me already even though I had told him when we spoke that it'd be the end of the week before I could get it to the camera shop.

Ah well... at least he's like... doing his job, eh?

Ok. Off to bed again. Maybe get a little more sleep than an hour in this go 'round.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I emailed my professor and threw myself upon her mercy. Thank goodness, she is not penalizing me for the late posting and extended my deadline for the next two assignments. My GPA may survive after all. (And if you haven't noticed, I'm a snob about my grades. I flunked plenty of classes during my first go-round at college thanks to laziness, excessive partying, and too many INFJ grip experiences that left me nonfunctioning. My nursing educational experience is my way of making up for the mistakes of my youth.)

There are other issues, such as my advisor withdrawing me from one class and enrolling me in this one 4 days before the class started. I still haven't received one of the textbooks so I've been flying blind on some of the assignments.

I actually like spiders as well. I find them industrious and fascinating. I really, really don't like killing them if I don't have to do so. I do kill the ones inside, but only cuz I don't want to end up sleeping with them (the part of my house I inhabit is in the basement, sooooo...) and... I end up sleeping with them, anyway, as I get bitten a few times a year. (Just recently on my heel... jeezes jones, that itched to beat all heel. Like a mosquitoe bit x1000.) Besides, my mom would freak. :cool:
My daughter caught a basement spider in a jar the other day, and it died after a few days of captivity (despite her throwing moths in the jar for it to feed on.) I gave her heck for wasting that poor innocent spider's life.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
I screwed up BIG TIME. The big assignment I thought was due today? Was due Tuesday. I submitted it three days late and will get a boatload of points docked, even though it is a stunning work of my usual genius BS. There goes my 4.0, maintained through undergrad and, up til now, graduate days. F*CK. Think I'll mix Everclear with Poitin and burn a hole through my innards.
Aw sorry to hear that. *hugs*
I emailed my professor and threw myself upon her mercy. Thank goodness, she is not penalizing me for the late posting and extended my deadline for the next two assignments. My GPA may survive after all.
Yay! Glad to hear that. *still hugs* So you're a coffee snob, alcohol snob and grade snob?

And as for the whole killing bugs thing, I almost always just let them be. I don't see a point in going out of my way to kill a mostly harmless critter. However, my mom and sister (who's at college now) can't stand them. So I almost always have to kill em anyways just to shut those two up. They won't stop screaming and whining till I do.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Oh my gosh all y'all spider peeps! Makes me smile and reminds me of my dad, he used to tell me to leave spiders alone, so I do... if they leave me alone. (This whole insect thing is why I'm particular about my house being cleaned most especially my kitchen and bathroom. No sleep til kitchen is clean.... period. This way bugs/insects stay away and I don't have to decide.)

I don't suppose this is the time to tell the story of when I was driving into a southern state at night and the tarantula's were hopping across the roads and some of them committed vehicular suicide......:rolleyes:

PS I wouldn't say I have a neurosis about my house being clean, however, please don't ask either of my sons.....:tongue:

·
Registered
648 Posts
So you're a coffee snob, alcohol snob and grade snob?
Beer snob, not alcohol-in-general snob. I know nothing about wine. And I do drink Everclear, which disqualifies me as any sort of snob, really.

Thanks for the hugs! :happy: How is your academic life coming along today?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I am soooo glad @Mschievious can't see my basement... or my kitchen, for that matter.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Beer snob, not alcohol-in-general snob. I know nothing about wine. And I do drink Everclear, which disqualifies me as any sort of snob, really.
Fair enough.
Thanks for the hugs! :happy: How is your academic life coming along today?
You're very welcome. :proud: It comes along well. The weekend is almost here so I haz a hapee. (I would put a LOLcat here but I can't on my phone. It's here in spirit though.)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I don't suppose this is the time to tell the story of when I was driving into a southern state at night and the tarantula's were hopping across the roads and some of them committed vehicular suicide......:rolleyes:
:shocked:

Brb. Just going to burn the south to the ground.

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
I forgot our anniversary was today but my husband kindly reminded me. I am happy it is today. I don't really understand why some people choose to get upset over forgetting these things. It's not like anyone intentionally forgets when someone's birthday or anniversary is. Their mind is just preoccupied by other things. And you can celebrate it at any time anyway.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I am soooo glad @Mschievious can't see my basement... or my kitchen, for that matter.

I'm sitting here laughing as a tear rolls down my cheek because it occurred to me a while ago that my post might be offensive or cause someone to think I was being critical.....

(Truth is I have a slight case of arachnophobia in addition to a slight case of claustrophobia. So all these spiders y'all let loose are giving me the heebie jeebies.:tongue:)

I think it's time for me to :ninja: over to the INTP threads for a while. What they find funny, oddly enough is generally very funny to me as well.

Truly love all y'all!

:ninja:Mschievious going incognito as an INTP:ninja:

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
I forgot our anniversary was today but my husband kindly reminded me. I am happy it is today. I don't really understand why some people choose to get upset over forgetting these things. It's not like anyone intentionally forgets when someone's birthday or anniversary is. Their mind is just preoccupied by other things. And you can celebrate it at any time anyway.
Happy anniversary Vivid! And many more. :proud:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Happy anniversary! Hope your celebration is awesome, whenever you choose to do it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm sitting here laughing as a tear rolls down my cheek because it occurred to me a while ago that my post might be offensive or cause someone to think I was being critical.....

(Truth is I have a slight case of arachnophobia in addition to a slight case of claustrophobia. So all these spiders y'all let loose are giving me the heebie jeebies.:tongue:)

I think it's time for me to :ninja: over to the INTP threads for a while. What they find funny, oddly enough is generally very funny to me as well.

Truly love all y'all!

:ninja:Mschievious going incognito as an INTP:ninja:
Not offensive at all. You just have the usual endearing allotment of INFJ quirks.

I've always wanted an INFP for a pet. They seem like adorable little fuzzballs. How was your foray into their territory?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Saw this on Reddit. A list of Irish soldiers who died in Mexico. I had a look through seeing if any of them had my last name. One of them has my full name!! Or should I say, I have his name! :shocked:

imgur: the simple image sharer
Okay. What was the Battalion of St. Patrick doing in Mexico? Was Poitin involved?

One of my ancestral surnames is on the list as well.

Methinks I should learn the art of responding to several posts at once. Sorry for barraging your inboxes, peeps.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Going to be an early night tonight. I just want to sleep until I wake up and I'm not going to be able to do that if I stay up half the night messing around here and there and everywhere, since I have a wedding to attend to in the afternoon and a ton of errands to run prior to that. Errands that I should've ran this morning, but didn't have the energy for... plus it not being a great pain day, as well.

I think I'll lounge about on the sofa and watch Wilfred and Derek. Glad Derek finally made it to Netflix... I've only seen the pilot episode which made me want to check out more... not sure if I'll stick with it, but it's gotten good reviews, soooooo...

Oh. And I almost squeed earlier when I found my S2 dvds for Homeland arrived today! Huzzah! I'll have something to occupy my brain next week! (As opposed to rewatching something from my collection for the gazillionth time.)

Slow night at work, which was good. We traded 1sties. The 1stie that bumped me last bid went back to 1st and another 1stie (the one that usually relieves me on my unit in the mornings, Jill) came along and bumped me again... but Angie, the nutter, stayed on 1st shift. Which is a good place for her since she's nuttier than squirrel shit. (1st shift seems to attract that type.) Now everyone's concerned about Arnold. We just got rid of him last bid... and nobody wants him back... but it's quite likely he'll end up back on our shift. Not even the supervisors were happy about this. Openly. (Which is uncommon.) I just do my best to stay away from him.

Convo with Kelly last night when she came for my 1st break...

She: Have you ever had a concussion?
Me: Well. Maybe. I'm not 100%. I think I might've had a concussion after the accident, though they didn't screen me for one and never said I had one and didn't give anybody those normal instructions you get for someone who's had one.
She: They didn't?
Me: I think I was just so rational and orientated x4 with no complaints about head injuries, nobody even thought about it.
She: But you whacked your head?
Me: Fuck yes. Hard, too. I'm reasonably sure I was never unconscious, but I was knocked unawares. Initially, after the accident, I was only orientated x1... and I was sitting in a car which I could not see for a few minutes. So, yeah. Knocked in the head good.
She: But... you don't think you had a concussion?
Me: Not sure cuz, I did get terribly dizzy and what not, but not until they started feeding me shit loads of narcotics. And I stayed dizzy until my doc switched me from hydrocodone to oxycodone. My body & the hydro weren't playing nicely together. It may have been that I was slightly concussed and the hydro was excerabating the effects. I really don't know.
She: Right.
Me: And why all the questions about concussions?
She: I think I might have one. I really whacked my head and I've been dizzy & vomiting ever since.
Me: How on earth did you manage to knock yourself in the head that hard?
She: *giggling* Well, it almost caused a divorce...
Me: Oh please tell me this happened while you were having wild, crazy sex!!!
She: What? NO! Jesus, War. And if it had, I'd not be telling you about it!
Me: You're no fun.
She: No... I was in the garage polishing the motorcycle...
Me: And it fell on your head?
She: Nooooo... I was polishing the bike and I got really warm. Fucking hot flashes! So, I went to plug the fan in, but the only outlet is under the damned cabinet. So, I was half under the cabinet, trying to plug the fan in and my husband comes into the garage, but I don't hear him... and in his infinite wisdom, he decides this would be a great time to grab my ass...
Me: *giggling*
She: He scared the living shit outta me, I bolted up right and about knocked myself unconscious. The whole counter top lifted I hit it so hard. I could've fucking killed his stupid ass!
Me: *giggling* What did he do?
She: At first, he stood there giggling like an idiot, just like you're doing... then he realized he was probably in big fucking trouble and started acting concerned and apologetic. Asshole.
Me: Of course he did.
She: So. Since I've been vomity and dizzy, I think I gave myself a concussion. Either that or I've got the flu.
Me: Under the circumstances, the former is probably more likely.
She: That's what I was afraid of...

Oh, the people at work amuse me sometimes.

And yes. I'm like the 3rd shift doctor. Bring me your illnesses and I will diagnose you! I'm a certified EMT and general clever person, so therefore they bring me their aches and pains and ask what I think before going to the doctor. (Kelly has done this repeatedly. I'm the reason she left work to go the ER one night about 4 yrs ago... she was in terrible pain & I diagnosed acute appendicitis... she did not want to leave work & go to the hospital, but I pretty much insisted and with Sam's help convinced her to go. She went in and had emergency surgery a couple hours later.)

Alrighty then... I think I'm off to lie about the sofa like a slug for a while.

Poh-tay-toe-ooooh :cool:

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm a certified EMT and general clever person, so therefore they bring me their aches and pains and ask what I think before going to the doctor.
So can you insert a 14 gauge at 90 mph with a flashlight between your teeth?

EMT IV skills are amazing.

5941 - 5960 of 37155 Posts