Personality Cafe banner

5961 - 5980 of 37155 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
:shocked:

Brb. Just going to burn the south to the ground.
Dude, warn me first so I can leave, 'k?? We don't have tarantulas here, she must mean southern WESTERN states. Flying palmetto bugs, check. Wolf and Grove spiders, check. Scads of poisonous snakes, check. But no tarantulas (although Tarantula makes a kick arse citrus flavored Tequila that I've not had in some time, thanks for the reminder!)

I got dressed up and went to the theater tonight to see a play. It's been years and years since I did that. I had forgotten how much fun it can be if the cast is good, and they were! Very physical farce called "Lend Me a Tenor." My friend's recently acquired arm candy was one of the leads and he was quite good. I missed the pre-show dinner due to work, and waved off the post-show party as it's an hour away and eh, Friday night? No. I'm ready for jammy time and word games (I know, such a scintillating life, non?)
@damfino Congrats on a lenient prof! @Crossover Glad school is going well @Mschievious Also, stay away from my kitchen unless you're coming to clean, haha!

Happy weekend everyone!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Saw this on Reddit. A list of Irish soldiers who died in Mexico. I had a look through seeing if any of them had my last name. One of them has my full name!! Or should I say, I have his name! :shocked:

imgur: the simple image sharer
Dang, William Wallace lived a loooooong time. Thought he died in the 1300's or so? (grin)

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
So can you insert a 14 gauge at 90 mph with a flashlight between your teeth?

EMT IV skills are amazing.
At one time, yes. I never rode with a crew ever. Only took the course because I thought it'd be interesting and certainly useful information. So, I basically became certified for the sport of it. Though it has come in handy on several occasions as I have stopped many a time at some pretty nasty MVAs that I've run across while driving to & fro. (The thing about living in a small town near a city is you're always driving somewhere unpopulated and that's often where the worst MVAs are and there's nobody there to help, except passing motorists.)

I've never come across a fatality MVA... yet, but I've left my vehicle assuming the people involved had been killed. Actually, one many years ago where two teenage girls in a small foreign hatchback were hit head on by a full sized pickup. (It was icy, the pickup driver lost control & came into their lane. The girl driver tried to avoid him, but wasn't able to...) The entire front of the car from the windshield forward was gone. When I got out of my car (I was right behind the girls) I assumed they were both dead. They were not... thankfully. The passenger's only injury was a wicked head wound (no skull fracture, I knew, cuz I could see it.), she'd impacted the windshield and sliced her forehead open to the skull from temple to temple. (It looked like her head was smiling, the flesh just hung down.) Profuse amounts of blood, but she was orientated x4 and otherwise ok. (Couldn't see cuz she'd lost her glasses and her eyes were full of blood from the head wound.)

The driver was unresponsive, not breathing but had a pulse. Positional asphyxia had closed her airway. Fixed that problem (thankfully she started breathing own her own, the car was crushed & I couldn't remove her) and attempted to maintain her airway by holding her head in traction... but she was freaking out and kept pulling my fingers. I'd hold her head until she was about to break my fingers, then I'd let go and grab her again.

The driver of the truck was disorientated and had an obviously broken jaw (through & through hole in the cheek where bone had come through, but it had swollen past that so that it looked like he had a baseball in his cheek.) and wandering around the accident scene (which was unsafe as it was high traffic, morning rush and there was no law enforcement or EMS on the scene yet.), had to assign someone to baby sit him.

I was by myself in assessing... had to triage quickly and could only deal with the driver. Fortunately an EMT from my town who was with the volunteer squad rolled up on the scene and started helping. He had a trauma bag and what not. Bystanders were helping as best they could, but there was a lot of blood and nobody wanted to touch anybody who was bleeding, sooooo...

Everybody survived, but damn what a mess. And I was very, very late to my dentist appointment, lol.

I should've been a doctor. An ER doc... I think that would've suited my personality and my interests quite well. However, I didn't develop these interests until it was far too late to even consider doing all that schooling. Life's funny like that sometimes.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
<snip>

Poh-tay-toe-ooooh :cool:
Notice the annoying INTJ trying to fit in with the INFJ's - he doesn't even look like us! And he's got the silly toy too...probably tells bodily function jokes from time to time as well... (chuckle)

Banana slug factoids for you:

Banana slugs are hermaphrodites, and their receptor glans is on their head (brings new meaning to dick head eh?) Also, for no known scientific reason they will often chew off the other partners mating appendage and in some cases, they are known to chew their own off. I personally think it's a result of having met the other banana slug on a dating site like OkStupid or PlentyofFlesh myself.

This PSA brought to you by a science-enamored INFJ currently nursing tequila...

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Ooops, damn War, I thought you were sleeping or I'd have said nicer things...(runs and hides, using a hug as a shield)

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Ooops, damn War, I thought you were sleeping or I'd have said nicer things...(runs and hides, using a hug as a shield)
Uh huh. I see how you are. When the INTJ cat's away the mousey minions will play!

I am going to bed. Like... now. Or sometime directly related to now, at least. Feel free to carry on with your tequilla fueled nonsense! :laughing: Just don't make a mess of the place. I really don't like clutter. (That's not mine, anyway, lol.)

:cool:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Okay. What was the Battalion of St. Patrick doing in Mexico? Was Poitin involved?

One of my ancestral surnames is on the list as well.

Methinks I should learn the art of responding to several posts at once. Sorry for barraging your inboxes, peeps.
My first name is John. Happy searching! What be your last name, yo? :tongue:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Dude, warn me first so I can leave, 'k?? We don't have tarantulas here, she must mean southern WESTERN states. Flying palmetto bugs, check. Wolf and Grove spiders, check. Scads of poisonous snakes, check. But no tarantulas (although Tarantula makes a kick arse citrus flavored Tequila that I've not had in some time, thanks for the reminder!)

I got dressed up and went to the theater tonight to see a play. It's been years and years since I did that. I had forgotten how much fun it can be if the cast is good, and they were! Very physical farce called "Lend Me a Tenor." My friend's recently acquired arm candy was one of the leads and he was quite good. I missed the pre-show dinner due to work, and waved off the post-show party as it's an hour away and eh, Friday night? No. I'm ready for jammy time and word games (I know, such a scintillating life, non?)
@damfino Congrats on a lenient prof! @Crossover Glad school is going well @Mschievious Also, stay away from my kitchen unless you're coming to clean, haha!

Happy weekend everyone!
FUCK spiders, yo.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
The girl that I like answered my friend request on Facebook. We talked for one hour. What a great conversation.

What a sweet person, everything I thought she really was. She actually engaged in conversation, not only answered to what I was saying. She asked and gave her opinion on various stuff.

And suddenly, suddenly I feel I'm really INFJ. This is not infatuation, trust me, I've felt it lots of times, and this is different.

It's all about you...

·
Registered
2,086 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
And a green can at that! How can you live with yourself Jeb?
And it wasn't even St. Paddy's Day to give him an excuse, tsk, tsk.

5961 - 5980 of 37155 Posts