Personality Cafe banner

5981 - 6000 of 37084 Posts

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
I am seriously getting ready to rock the house. I am a rock musician. Frontman.

I am finally starting to see that my life is going to be a blast. This is going to rock so much.

I'm starting a band.. we had our first practice tonight. It was so much fun, the chemistry was right. I think it's truly going to work out. I feel like my dreams are coming true. I am so incredibly glad I quit drinking. God.. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
First time leaving the house since Thursday because my shoes got soaked in the rain. I only thought to put them in the hot press yesterday. The hot press, a small room in every Irish household that is extra warm and humid thanks to the hot water tank within. Overseas friends? Do you have one of these?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Sometimes venturing into the ENTP subforum feels the way I've always imagined being on LSD feels. Or like Alice falling down the rabbit hole because, let's face it, "Alice in Wonderland" definitely has a "crazy LSD trip" vibe to it.

What a strange and fascinating place that is...

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
First time leaving the house since Thursday because my shoes got soaked in the rain. I only thought to put them in the hot press yesterday. The hot press, a small room in every Irish household that is extra warm and humid thanks to the hot water tank within. Overseas friends? Do you have one of these?
No. Maybe quite old houses may have a similar room, but no modern houses. (I suspect. I've not actually been in every house in the US, lol) My hot water heater is in the basement a couple feet from my bedroom.

~~~

Errands ran and... ugh. Saps all my energy, now I wanna take a nap. I've not much time for that cuz I got a wedding to leave for in about 2 hrs. (I am going to try to take a nap... but football is also on, sooooo...)

The damaged lense has been sent off for an estimate. It is something that can be repaired, however, cost may exceed the value of the lense, depending upon how many elements in the camera are damaged. The boy at the shop estimated $600+ minimum and perhaps as much as $1200+... the top end would exceed the cost of this particular lense, soooooo...

The great thing is the amount of time to get an estimate. Up to 5 weeks. Five weeks. :shocked: Jesus H. Christ... to repair, if that's the route that it goes? Up to 8 weeks. Fantastic. I'll not have that lense (or any other like it) for the remainder of the football photography season. That is work around-able... but... it kinda sucks. Oh well.

I got my annoying 50 lbs of black & white fur a new toy... a alligator. So he can frantically squeak it and drive me up a fucking tree. He can't say I never gave him anything and that I don't love his furry little ass.

I'm not looking forward to the wedding, really. Well. I am looking forward to eating free food & drinking free beer... and seeing my brother. But the actual wedding? Yeah. Not so much. It's one of those things that... I'm not big on attending, but it's my friend's youngest sister... and their mom is the one that hanged herself last January and... well, yeah. Kinda need to go. You know, for them that got left behind to deal with that nonsense.

(And I hope to fuck there's not a whole lot of that in this wedding, but since is the last daughter and the last child being married and the only one who doesn't have her mother present at the ceremony? I suspect there will be that nonsense. Ugh.)

Off... to watch (or listen to) a game... with (hopefully) closed eyeballs.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts

Am I seeing the suffering of others as worse than it actually is?

If someone were to look at my own past suffering and...

Am I projecting my own loneliness onto others?

Why do I worry and feel so much? Am I driving myself insane? Do I need more escapism to cut off my thoughts?

I want to be free. Free of the knowledge of the cruelties done upon humans and animals. But isn't that selfish? To disappear, find my own freedom and happiness whilst not doing anything to stop suffering?

Ha. You know what would be good? If each INFJ that wanted to care about things, was designated an area to care about. They'd care about that one small area, and wouldn't have to care about the other areas as they'd know someone else was caring for them. That way it wouldn't be so overwhelming.

Why do the cries of that puppy that isn't even being treated so badly in comparison to others, cut right into me and cause me stress because I'm not comforting it?

What is wrong with me? I need to change my thinking somehow.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Not here where I live now, that would be just outside the patio door, "...extra warm and humid...".

And I've never seen one in any of the homes I've been in through various parts of the country either. There are mud rooms in a lot of houses, kind of a place between the outside and inside where you can toss your snow boots and hang your coats and slip into other shoes so as not to muck up the floors and such though.

But it's cool that you shared that with us. I love learning about other cultures and such, so thank you :)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Not here where I live now, that would be just outside the patio door..."extra warm and humid...".

And I've never seen one in any of the homes I've been in through various parts of the country either. There are mud rooms in a lot of houses, kind of a place between the outside and inside where you can toss your snow boots and hang your coats and slip into other shoes so as not to muck up the floors and such though.

But it's cool that you shared that with us. I love learning about other cultures and such, so thank you :)
I'll post a picture tomorrow. ;)

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Okay, blame it on Se-inf, but how it could be a good thing to put wet footwear in a warm and moist room?

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Well. Home from the wedding. I may be more than a wee bit intoxercated, lol. Good times, though.

Scottish wedding, which I didn't know. Men in kilts, tartan pinning, the whole nine... but no bagpipes. I was highly disappointed by this. How do you have a Celtic wedding and no pipes?!?!? The fuck. Grrrrrrrrrr.

I did see my brother, see my brother play and hugged my brother... and a couple of other people. Which means, in simple terms, War's had enough huggin' for the rest of the year, thanks ever so much. (I only have so many, most are reserved for my family... I gave a few away to people that aren't in my family, so I'm all hugged out.)

The food was... fabu. Seriously. Especially the deserts. Holy, hell. There were like... 20-30 different kinds... I had... 4. That was about enough to make me quite vomity. (My body doesn't sweets so much, honestly.) And cake later. Yummy stuff.

I'm glad I can sleep in tomorrow. I need to sleep in tomorrow. It's just about 10p and I'm about ready to fall over... but it's way too early for me to go to bed, so... I have to kill some time. Off to do that now. :cool:

·
Registered
648 Posts
My first name is John. Happy searching! What be your last name, yo? :tongue:
Random guess: Bowers?

My great-great-great-great-great grandmother's name was Isabelle O'Connor. Family legend has it that she ran away from home (Cork), hopped a ship for the Americas, and ended up in Indiana. Supposedly she came from a very wealthy family but turned her back on all of it to become a Hoosier* farm wife.

*Hoosier: anything or anybody from Indiana. Translation provided for our Irish friend.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Did no one in the Federation ever think to combine the technology of the replicator with that of the transporter? If I was in Star Trek that would be a constant (minor) thorn in my side. Why make everyone walk over to the replicator every time, why not upgrade it to create your food/drink right in front of you? Surely that can't be too difficult since both the individual technologies have been created already...
And especially since Picard is always drinking his precious Earl Grey, if the ship ever dipped while he was carrying it back to his seat he'd be burned like hell. Can't risk harm coming to the Captain due to engineerial laziness.* What the hell, Roddenberry et al?

* = I'm aware this is a franchise that habitually sends the highest ranking officers/irreplaceables on dangerous away missions... regardless, the point stands.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Random guess: Bowers?

My great-great-great-great-great grandmother's name was Isabelle O'Connor. Family legend has it that she ran away from home (Cork), hopped a ship for the Americas, and ended up in Indiana. Supposedly she came from a very wealthy family but turned her back on all of it to become a Hoosier* farm wife.

*Hoosier: anything or anybody from Indiana. Translation provided for our Irish friend.
Is that where "hoosier daddy" comes from? ( I know, lame...giggle) One my favorite forms of furniture though are Hoosier cabinets. I've wanted one for years and years.

@warweasel Sounds like a beautiful wedding and great feast! Glad you had a good time too.

I've had a quiet day - lots of chatting on the phone, well, mostly a lot of listening really. Movie. Book. Beef. Off to see my parents and possibly le middle child tomorrow, although one of the babies is sick so I might skip that.

And I'm getting sleepies already. Yawnnnnnnnnnnnn.

·
Registered
648 Posts
At one time, yes. I never rode with a crew ever. Only took the course because I thought it'd be interesting and certainly useful information. So, I basically became certified for the sport of it. Though it has come in handy on several occasions as I have stopped many a time at some pretty nasty MVAs that I've run across while driving to & fro. (The thing about living in a small town near a city is you're always driving somewhere unpopulated and that's often where the worst MVAs are and there's nobody there to help, except passing motorists.)
That's really cool.

What's NOT cool is a Gaelic wedding without bagpipes.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Cooked up the burgers for dinner and let me tell you, those things smell like Swamp Thing's ballsack. Ate half of one and had to bin it. I think I will be poisoned in the morning. Even the smell gave me a headache.
So what exactly does Swamp Thing's ballsack smell like? And how do you know?

5981 - 6000 of 37084 Posts