Personality Cafe banner

7001 - 7020 of 37077 Posts

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Ah... little Knut. Sad story, turned happy story, turned sad story.

Knut (polar bear) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just ordered a 12 yr old bottle of Macallans. When it arrives, I'm going to drink myself silly. Hopefully, with the help of the boy. We need to practice our single malt scotch drinking for our trip to Scotland/Ireland, after all. I think we'll tour the distillery, too. It's close enough to Iverness that we can trek over for a go 'round.

He's going back to 3rd shift on Monday... but his days off change to Wed/Thurs... which sucks. But that's what happens when you're the lowly doggy on the totem pole. He'll be happy to be back, I know. He didn't like 2nd shift at all. Though he did finally meet Tyler... the guy who works 2nd over there and part time for us. I like Tyler... he's a nice guy and I told the boy that.

Found out there won't be a funeral for my friend's mom. That's like... a ten ton weight lifted off me. I do not do funerals. I just... I'm done with them. I've been to too damned many and I just will not do it anymore. (Unless it's actually family and hell, I didn't really attend my stepmom's funeral. I refused to go inside.) And... it puts me into this terrible position of wanting to be supportive (as supportive as this INTJ can possibly be, which in the grand scheme of things, isn't that supportive really.) and wanting to avoid having to be anywhere near a funeral, at costs. And knowing there is only going to be a grave side thing... makes me happy. I don't really need to be there for that and I probably won't be. Maybe I'll go... but probably not. My friend will have enough going on with all the family that will be in from out of state... I don't want to be in the midst of all that nonsense, either, as I don't know any of those people.

So yeah. Knowing there's no funeral makes me quite relieved.

Text convo with my nephew right now/ongoing...

Me: I'm ordering a 12 yr old bottle of Macallans. Gonna help me drink it?
He: Hells yes.
Me: Good. Ordered. Should be here by the end of the month.
He: Wow. Goddamn. That wasn't long.
Me: Yes.
He: Cool. Link me to where you ordered it.
Me: K.
He: I don't see Macallans on that website?!
Me: Click on the Scotch button, it'll pull up all the brands.
He: Shit didn't see the scotch button.
Me: We need a bottle of Glenfiddich next. More expensive, though.
He: That's fine. We make lotsa money!
Me: Lol. Yes we do.
He: So, doesn't matter.
Me: lol. No. I suppose it don't.
He: Exactly.
Me: You got Thursdays off. You should be off for Thanksgiving. We should drink the Macallans at Thanksgiving.
He: Oh hell yes.

I didn't sleep long today, so I'm tired. I stayed up way too late and then took a long while to fall asleep. I wasn't really tired, was the issue. But... at some point, you kinda have to all it a day. And I did. Around noon. Ugh. Way too late!

Feels like it's 0100 and it's only 850p, lol. That's not a good sign. I don't think I'll be up too late tonight, unless I catch a second wind.

And... I should get along. The dog needs out. I need out, lol. And my butt's getting tired. This new chair is way better than the old one, cuz it actually had padding in the seat, but still get butt sore after a while.

So. I'm off to do a thing or two.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Knew about Knut, just didn't want to focus on it :'(
He's an INTJ, I don't think that type can help themselves.:tongue:

I love bears... particularly brown and polar varieties... and I was very sad to read about Knut.

Death is a part of life, however... even for cute little polar bears. :sad:

·
Registered
932 Posts
I'm such a debbie downer this week. I have no more energy left. I just want to crawl into a hole and just hide.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts

@warweasel ^^^^ :wink:
:laughing:
I would probably pass out if someone did that to me, lol. (For realz.)

@warweasel, you know we all luv ya!
Not all, but most. And I know... what's not to love, after all? My blinding repartee and sparkling personality... it's what endears me to the masses, you know.

Oh, and Mschievious gotcha!!!! :wink:

Caption: INFJ Mschievious hugs INTJ Warweasel!
Tiger hugs. I could so do tiger hugs.

Or lion hugs...

I like most animals better than I like most people. Animals are genuine. No bullshit.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
In 30 minutes my friend is coming over and we're going to the off licence (liquor store for you overseas folk). I am still in TATTERS from Thursday night so I think I'm going to have to call upon my powers. The blood of my heavy drinking ancestors will flow strong through me as I go mind over matter and... drink through a hangover.

Tonight I am Prometheus. And alcohol is the eagle, swooping down from the skies of Tartarus to eat my liver from my body. But have no fear, for it will grow back tomorrow!

Yes, I studied Classics...

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I would probably pass out if someone did that to me, lol. (For realz.)

Not all, but most. And I know... what's not to love, after all? My blinding repartee and sparkling personality... it's what endears me to the masses, you know.

Tiger hugs. I could so do tiger hugs.

Or lion hugs...

I like most animals better than I like most people. Animals are genuine. No bullshit.
Omg... this feeler feels is sitting here with tears running down her face.... that lion and his friends was priceless.:happy::crying::happy:

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
In 30 minutes my friend is coming over and we're going to the off licence (liquor store for you overseas folk). I am still in TATTERS from Thursday night so I think I'm going to have to call upon my powers. The blood of my heavy drinking ancestors will flow strong through me as I go mind over matter and... drink through a hangover.

Tonight I am Prometheus. And alcohol is the eagle, swooping down from the skies of Tartarus to eat my liver from my body. But have no fear, for it will grow back tomorrow!

Yes, I studied Classics...

Hey Jeb, sitting here giggling and thinking you know back in the day, I'd probably be booking a trip to cross the sea and party with y'all! hahaha But, wanted to share something I learned, and that is take something called Milk Thistle. - As long as it doesn't interfere with any meds or anything. I've drank so much tequila, rum and JD that it's a miracle my liver didn't take me out long ago. We won't even talk bout anti depressants several years back that wrecked havoc on my liver!

So start with a bloody mary, and then party on Jeb!! (Trust me, it's easier than you think to drink through a hangover... or so I've read.....:laughing: :laughing:

·
Referral Princess
1,386 Posts
C
I made myself a delicious breakfast of spinach, beans, mushrooms, and onions. Except... I forgot to wash off the spinach. There is soo much dirt in this meal. Oh well. Dirt has vitamins. I think
Eh anything to strengthen the immune system, eh? ;-P

That reminds me of this one time I was hanging out on my back patio. I had two identitcal cups sitting next to each other. One apparently had been sitting out there quite awhile and after I took a drink, I noticed there was disgusting mold in it! I nearly threw up. But I didn't die after all ;-D I'm so oblivious sometimes!!!

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
C

Eh anything to strengthen the immune system, eh? ;-P

That reminds me of this one time I was hanging out on my back patio. I had two identitcal cups sitting next to each other. One apparently had been sitting out there quite awhile and after I took a drink, I noticed there was disgusting mold in it! I nearly threw up. But I didn't die after all ;-D I'm so oblivious sometimes!!!
Lol it was so gritty.

One time at a bar back when I used to drink I put my cigarette out in some big black dude's red bull, thinking it was my empty one and he took a sip. I'm lucky he didn't kick my ass. Actually I'm not sure why he didn't..

·
Referral Princess
1,386 Posts
Lol it was so gritty.

One time at a bar back when I used to drink I put my cigarette out in some big black dude's red bull, thinking it was my empty one and he took a sip. I'm lucky he didn't kick my ass. Actually I'm not sure why he didn't..
I'm impressed you kept eating!!
Actually when I was a kid, I had PIKA and I used to eat the sand in my sand box. I used to revel in the texture of biting down on the grittiness. I also used to eat matches or this cinnamon toothpaste. Yep, I was a weirdo! X-D

7001 - 7020 of 37077 Posts