Personality Cafe banner

9001 - 9020 of 37076 Posts

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
War, believe me when I tell you I don't give a fuck. I'm shocked I was even in the running in the first place, considering I haven't even been here half the year and it's called Member of the Year. :laughing: Really? I'm shocked! I know how much you love popularity contests. :kitteh:
I know you don't, but thought I'd point out your fall just the same. Just cuz the whole concept amuses me. Had actually forgotten all about it... then I remembered, then I was curious. Way more names on the list than the first time I looked, lol.

I did absolutely no work this weekend. Didn't even open a book. And I must say, I'm so glad I didn't. The past week was more stressful than I would have liked. I badly needed to unwind.
Good for you! I didn't really accomplish anything myself. Other than what absolutely needed to get accomplished. The rest of it was just lying about gaming, really. Or watcing shit on Netflix. Or football. I did watch a little football. That was about it, though.

~~~

Slept well when I finally took myself to bed. Which was around 11p, I think. Finally ran outta steam. I was so tired, my eyeballs ached, but I could not sleep. Feeling a bit shitty didn't make the situation any bit better... and I had a bit of the sneezies too.

I feel even less gross now than I did yesterday afternoon. No headache, which is good. Sore throat... still hanging about, but far less horrid than it was. It's now down to annoying, but manageable. No coughing, no sneezing, no congesting, no dripping. I think... I'm doing pretty welll, actually.

I think sleeping the rest of today away will definitely help matters. Surely won't hurt, anyway.

I think I'm going to get my niece a stethoscope for Christmas. Have it engraved and what not. Since she's going into nursing after high school and stuff. Surely a nursing student will need a stethoscope... right? I asked what type of nursing she's planning on going into cuz... my understanding was she wanted to do nursing in NICU... so infant stuff. Kinda need to know that stuff so I can get the right kind... though I suppose just getting a standard stethoscope would probably due for now, eh?

We'll see what kinda answers I get, I guess. May end up doing the old standard of giving her & her brother money. *shrugs*

I love Christmas music. On my truck radio, I have a station tuned in that plays nothing but Christmas music from Thanksgiving till Christmas Day. (It's the only time I listen to Christmas music, obviously, and also the only time I use the stereo in my truck. After 1000 watts in the Mustang all summer long, the tinny sound from a regular stereo makes me sad.)

People find this weird. The Christmas music thing. I'm not sure why. Because... I'm an INTJ? Because I'm an Atheist? Because I'm an INTJ Atheist? And as such, it seems totally out of character? I'm going to go with that cuz I don't know what else it could be, to be perfectly honest.

But, yes. I love Christmas music. Not all of it. I prefer the standards, I'd guess you'd call them. I do not prefer the newer stuff, by and large, and don't prefer that stupid story telling, tear jerking nonsense.

I prefer people who can actually sing the standards and not have the whole thing sound like a hot mess. Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Dean Martin, Burl Ives, etc... and more recent folks like Mariah Carey, Josh Groban and that lot.

Of course, I also like the ones about Frosty and Rudolph and such...

I wish I had a voice like this. (Actually, I'd be happy if I were half as good, lol) Boy's got serious pipes, yo.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I think I must live amongst a herd of fluffy alpacas in order to be happy.

Alpacas.jpg

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
I asked my friends yesterday what our plan was for seeing Bill Burr tonight. They're only getting back to me hours before the gig starts. Bunch of fucking spontaneous dickheads.

·
Registered
217 Posts
- I've hardly had internet for 9 months, and now that I have it again... I've barely even been on.

- I'm still upset that I missed the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special by just a few days. (I didn't get BBC America until very recently at the new house).

- What am I going to do for Christmas gifts this year? I have no money.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Operation Unstuff Fluffy in full effect.

5 mile treadmill run last night.
5 mile outdoor run through downtown to the embarcadero this morning.
BodyAttack tonight if I can make it.
I know I shouldn't be doing this much cardio but I'm doing what I love first so the habit sticks!

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Amazing what brilliant insights you can intuit when you only get 15 minutes of sleep for the night. My Ni has been going crazy the past few days. I love it! :tongue:

Word of advice for all Ni-doms, always have a pen and paper on hand. You can scribble down your thoughts as they come to you, and record them before they're lost.

·
Registered
564 Posts
INTJ here, just saying your idealism paired with your manipulative skills are really a pain in the ass. If you ever fall in love with someone but that they ain't sure about it, by all means just stop your idealism right there ok?

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Well. No more sore throat, no more headache. Fever... but it's down to almost normal. Such a weird cold... or whatever... I've got going on. Spitting out symptoms in fits and starts. Which, I suppose, may be preferable to having them all dumped in one's lap at once? I dunno. Yesterday I was somewhat miserable... but half of that was because I couldn't sleep and I couldn't sleep because my throat was killing me. So... I dunno. Whatever it was/is, it seems to be on it's way out... so that's good.

IHOP with the boy in the morning, I suppose. That's the normal schedule, anyway. And... the boy passed his corporal's test, so it's just a matter of seeing if he's picked. I think he will be, honestly, because two of his sergeants wanted him to take the test. So, that would be a nice salary bump of + $1 hrly. $16+ hrly... not too bad, eh? Sure as hell wish I had been making that kinda $$$s (or the equivilent, at least) back when I was 20 yrs old. I wasn't lucky enough, however, to have my career picked out when I was 6 yrs old... hell, I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up, lol.

Today I did a lot of sleeping, off and on. For a long while... about 0500 or so on... I'd watch an ep or two of Fawlty Towers on Netflix... then I'd sleep for a couple hours... then I'd watch another ep or two... sleep a while longer, so forth and so on. Finally dragged ass outta bed at 2p cuz my back was starting to hurt and I was, due to the fever thing, hot. Very hot. It's much cooler in my living room than in my bedroom... so me and the dogs moved. I played AC Black Flag... until just a bit ago.

Haven't found anything else to harpoon lately, which makes me sad. I have, however, taken over several naval forts. Cuz I rock like that. Currently about to abandon a side mission cuz... I keep dying. I actually won once... but accidently sank the ship I was meant to board and had to start all over again. Since the ship is Man O' War... yeah... I've done a lot of dying. I need to upgrade some shit before I try this mission again, me thinks.

I ordered my niece a stethoscope. Infant, blue, laser engraved... with a case. One Christmas gift down, lol. Probably just give the boy money. Dunno what he needs or what he wants. He can buy what he wants now, so difficult to figure that shit out.

Two weeks till Christmas? Crazy. Looking forward to that 5 day weekend. I hope New Years is also a 5 day weekend. Cuz... why not? Imagine all the gaming and scotch drinking I can get done with 10 days off outta 14, lol.

We got about 7" of snow here. Was supposed to be 1" to 3", of course, but of course... 'twas't. I didn't do any shoveling this go 'round cuz I didn't feel well. Mom did most of it... light, fluffy snow... so she really just had to push it out of the way. Kinda sucks, cuz I don't like my mom to be doing that... but sometimes it happens.

Hope that's about it for the snow this season. Not fond of the stuff.

And... now going to try to catch 40 winks before getting ready for work. I fear I will become very sleepy during the course of the night if I don't. Hopefully, everything will be back to normal tomorrow.

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
One of my clients tried to kill me today. Had a crazy weird dream I wouldn't dare talk about! Feeling a little down. I need a hot chocolate.
A real downer - Glad you are physically unhurt.
Once a patient had a pool cue and said he was going to knock my head off. I stood still with a blank expression and downcast eyes while a lone security officer talked him down, and them he knocked a water cooler off the wall and went to sleep.
He could not remember anything about it. But I surely could.

I wonder what Hot Chocolate with a slug of Bailey's Irish Cream taste like? Bet it is good. . .

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
I've just had a horrific experience....

I made myself a large mug of tea and was drinking it while sat at my PC, and also eating a chocolate biscuit. I finished the biscuit and then had a final gulp of the tea and was aware of something unexpected in my mouth. At first I thought some of the biscuit must have fallen into the tea. I spat the object back out into the mug - and it was a small slug :shocked::crying::shocked::crying: I've gone through the steps of how I made that mug of tea and can't figure for the life of me how the slug ever got in there. Insane.

I've posted before (in venting thread I think) about the slug problem I've had in my kitchen these last 2-3 years. I've tried to peacefully co-exist with them but have always felt that if some line was crossed (think: Israel's attitude to Iran) then my policy would change. So - sadly - I may now have to start killing the buggers.
In any place where there is moisture and cracks they can come in, put table salt down. They dehydrate and expire quickly. And no more slime trails.

9001 - 9020 of 37076 Posts