Personality Cafe banner

10041 - 10060 of 37195 Posts

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Confirmed my dental appointment for tomorrow morning that I tried to cancel earlier, due to illness. Good thing, I guess, that their email doesn't seem to be working as neither of those things happened and they just called me a minute ago to confirm.

So. Mission accomplished, I suppose.

Hope it's not ridiculously cold and windy tomorrow morning whilst I nap in their parking lot waiting for them to open...

Should be sleeping now, but got up to sort that appointment stuff out and to have some food. I've been sticking in wee bits of food when the hunger pains hit. Thanks to this stomach flu nonsense both my eating and sleeping patterns are fucked. At least I don't feel gross any more, which is good.

I can return to work tonight. Yay. :dry:

But only for two nights, as I was off on holiday/sick most of the week. I feel like putting a smiley here for the short week, but considering why it was a short week... I'm really can't.

Apparently, my most tweeted themes during 2013 were "home", "game" and "bed", lol. :laughing: Such an exciting life I lead. But... at least all of those things are good things. I think they're good, anyway... so that's something, right?

Life must be pretty good if the things one's most concerned about are going home after work, needing to get to bed and the cool game they just got.

And... I really need to get to bed. :wink:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I responded to two threads about fingers within minutes of each other and never copped it until afterwards. :laughing:

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
People use substances because life completely sober sucks. If we are completely sober, the entire weight of the world is put on us. Makes sense right?.. "So you want to do the right thing, huh?..Here, heres more weight". Like we become Jesus or something. This is the human condition that we must use substances to boost our egos and comfort ourselves. What the hell can you do? I can deal without alcohol though.

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Update: No surgery needed at the moment. Back in six months for another check. Guess I can start jogging again!
Yay! *throws a party*

People use substances because life completely sober sucks. If we are completely sober, the entire weight of the world is put on us. Makes sense right?
The weight of the world is only placed on you when you place it on yourself.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Four little hospital bills and weeks of waiting later, the real hospital bill came today. The bill itself is just shy of what a semester of college costs me. Unfortunately, no insurance and Missouri elected not to extend their medicaid program, so we'll see what kind of charity program/help I can find to pay for this.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Four little hospital bills and weeks of waiting later, the real hospital bill came today. The bill itself is just shy of what a semester of college costs me. Unfortunately, no insurance and Missouri elected not to extend their medicaid program, so we'll see what kind of charity program/help I can find to pay for this.
Poor thing! It's really not fair that you have to get a giant bill right after you start feeling better... Good luck! <3

·
Registered
968 Posts
Poor thing! It's really not fair that you have to get a giant bill right after you start feeling better... Good luck! <3
Aw thanks. :3 And, eh, it's life. If there's one thing I've learned about life, it's that life is seldom fair.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I remember a user on Reddit posted their bill for the same surgery I had two years ago. Over $50,000. Mine cost €75 ($100). :confused:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Update: No surgery needed at the moment. Back in six months for another check. Guess I can start jogging again!
Huzzah! Party on, minion!

I responded to two threads about fingers within minutes of each other and never copped it until afterwards. :laughing:
Fingers? There's more than one thread about fingers?

The weight of the world is only placed on you when you place it on yourself.
Truth, young minion.

I remember a user on Reddit posted their bill for the same surgery I had two years ago. Over $50,000. Mine cost €75 ($100). :confused:
And people wonder why I want to retire to Ireland? Ok. People here wonder why. I don't suspect people there wonder why.

~~~

Going to work tonight. That ought to be fun. At least I feel like the Supreme Leader of the Universe again. I was barely feeling human there for a while. I'm sure work will be a delight just the same. I'll probably be tired. I plan to watch that boring series, The Killing or whatever the hell it's called... hopefully, I won't suffer much.

Only to get off work and head to the dentist office. I thought about cancelling, but... eh... might as well get it done, then I won't have to worry about again for 6 months. The fun part is going to be chillin' in the parking lot for an hour & a half before they open. It's supposed to be ridiculously cold in the morning. Guess, I'll just... crawl under my blankets and run the truck if I get cold.

I slept all night and all day today. Finally... good sleep. My sleep was all outta kilter. Sleeping at odd hours of the day and night and then not sleeping but a couple hours here and there. I went to bed around 0100 and was out cold... mom woke me at 0400 to ask me how I was feeling.

:dry:

Supreme Leader of the Universe was less than happy with that bit of silliness. But managed to mumble something and drift back to sleep. Which is good news for mom... lest she be thrown in the shark tank of death... or something.

But... sleep is what happened today. Nothing but. Oh... squaring up the dentist office appointment, that happened and some laundry. But other than that? Sleep. We did sleep. Sleep is good.

Oh. Two things amused me this evening at chow time... 1) I actually sound sick now. You know, now that I'm not. Ok, I've still got a bit of that cold going on, but that's all but gone as well. But I sound perfectly awful now and before (when I was calling off sick for work) I sounded perfectly fine. Of course. 2) I'm not eating much. I literally just at the entree portion of a tv dinner (in this case, just the turkey & mashed taters) and tossed the rest in the bin. I did however, have a single serving Jello cup as well. As did my mom. I open mine and I'm happily Jello-ing away when I look over and see my mom... with the Jello cup in her mouth, yanking and pulling at it as if she were one of those wee little ankle biter dogs... she's even shaking it back and forth a bit. I just watched... until she realized I was watching, lol.

Me: What the hell are you doing?
She: I can't open ANYTHING. They make everything so you can't get in it!!!
Me: Would you like me to open it?
She: *shoves it in my direction, I peel the top off and hand it back*
She: Stop looking at me like that!
Me: I so need to set up a camera in here...
She: Oh, shut up.
Me: Scene One... me, enjoying my cherry Jello cup...
She: You're gonna be old one day too!
Me: Pan camera... mom gnawing on a Jello cup like an angry Chihuahua.
She: *glaring*
Me: Seriously. Internet sensation, overnight.

I keep threatening... one day I'll really have to do it. She is... interesting... when around the dinner table, lol.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
And people wonder why I want to retire to Ireland? Ok. People here wonder why. I don't suspect people there wonder why.
Hospitals only charge you for your bed. At the moment it's 75 jewels a day. I worked it out and you'd have to be in hospital for two years straight to rack up an American style hospital bill here.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Hospitals only charge you for your bed. At the moment it's 75 jewels a day. I worked it out and you'd have to be in hospital for two years straight to rack up an American style hospital bill here.
Right? And that's just for standard, regular sorta stuff. Try on some cancer if you wanna see medical bills go straight through the roof. My stepmom was diagnosed with and treated for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML) for six months... (it was an unsuccessful fight, I'm afraid) The end bill for that six months was over $780,000... (Some of the injections of medication were $7,000 - $8,000 EACH.)

So. Over three quarters of a million dollars to unsuccessfully treat leukemia. Fantastic.

The upside, I suppose, is that she died. Because she died my dad (the one left with all the bills) didn't end up losing everything he had trying to pay these ridiculous bills. But... she died, ending the need for treatment (obviously) and continued racking up of bills. Also kicked in all her insurance (she was a smart one and insured the hell outta everything) so he came out of it ok. Minus the wife being dead bit, of course.

This situation also resulted in an awesome confrontation at work during shift briefing with myself & Billy several years ago. Billy is right winger, Republican, blah, blah, blah... and I don't care... except that he is one of those blow hards that cannot shut the fuck up about politics and generally has no fucking idea what he's even going on about. (One of those Faux News, Rush Limbaugh Repelicans...) And, honestly, I don't even care about that.

However...

I don't want to and shouldn't have to be subjected to that nonsense, day in and day out, in shift briefing. It's work, not a political forum. And, in my own defense, I did warn Sam... repeatedly... that if they did not tell him to stop with his nonsense, something bad was going to eventually happen...

And it did. He was going on an anti "Obama Care" rant... and, as I said, this was an every day thing... shut the fuck up already... in the midst of his rant, I made this statement regarding the need for health care reform:

A bullet and a pine box is cheaper than six moths of chemotherapy...

There was no bit of happiness after that as Billy's father had recently shot himself in the head.

I will say that there was no more discussion of politics in briefing after that, however.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
That's crazy, are you from Ireland? And you don't get a separate physician bill when the attending doctor sees you?

Reactions: Jebediah
10041 - 10060 of 37195 Posts