Personality Cafe banner

1021 - 1040 of 37197 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Went out on a dry run to where I'm going to have my third interview tomorrow morning! Took my mom with me and went on a much needed big grocery shopping trip afterwards.

I really appreciate having a co-pilot the first time driving somewhere not along a direct path of somewhere else already known - my sense of direction can be the absolute pits if my focus is heavily divided and don't have time to mentally hammer out where I am. Wouldn't it be delightful if you could stop dead in your tracks in the middle of the road, or slow down enough to allow the computations to take place in time without being a hazard? It should be noted that after the crucial first time experience, things are golden unless unexpected construction or a bad accident is thrown into the mix. That's what traffic report websites and news radio are for, I suppose. :)

As for the whole shopping dealio...I vastly prefer doing so on a different day (and time) because it is ridiculous to consciously decide to go shopping mid-afternoon on a Sunday if other options are possible. We were in a different end of town than normal so it was decided to go to a nearer location of a particular shopping center we frequent; this one happening to be in a more affluent (my mom was quick to label as pushy and rude) area. It was interesting. Crowded parking lots, and by extension the shopping centers they are attached to, are the ultimate breeding ground to witness the amazing dissonance within human behaviours. Why do people insist so strongly on (unintentionally) bottlenecking others? Can't they see the ripple effect? Example, behind the building lays a barren and vast expanse of perfectly nice and empty parking spaces but to get to it you have to fight tooth and nail. I'm the type that would drive out of my way around bottlenecks if possible rather than be forced to contribute to them...this lot was not engineered in a way conducive to that behavior and relies on everyone driving through to achieve free flow thus fails miserably. :(

Oh, and my vehicle had been sitting in its spot at home in a convenient grocery unloading location for oh, quite a while now and the picture in my mind of another vehicle taking residency in its short 2 hour vacancy totally played out as obligated, even though the probability of such was minuscule. My mom didn't understand why I was sighing as driving past and into a rear parking area. :p

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I said to my friend,''I truly love him and he is my soulmate, I don't want to end up with anyone else''

And not a trace of doubt in my mind about what I said. Every word was spoken out of complete belief.

·
Registered
723 Posts
And here I turned down THREE invites to watch that game, I don't know how you do it! (drink on a busy night like that) ... The bars are so full it's hard to breathe! AH! Good luck! *salutes you*

Please cab it -_- I couldn't help myself. I had to say that. ". sorry. :p
As you know, the game was a bust. xD So half of the customers gave up and went shopping today. :| I don't drink out too often to be honest, it's expensive! I just have a few drinks with a couple people at my house. I don't get out of control either, I just drink until I feel buzzed. :) But thanks for the concern!!

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
Yep, I should be sleeping :dry:

Reactions: xTheCaramelQueenx

·
Registered
768 Posts
Anyone in this subforum that I've seen in various capacities (VM, PM, directed post, regular post, whatevers) saying they hope their thoughts make sense or are concerned about being misunderstood.

In other words, that's a big 10-4 good buddies. I don't care if you were checking your eyes for pinholes while writing whatever, the meaning is much less a sum of the words than the ones chosen (or perhaps more accurately not chosen) and comes across loud and perfectly clear.

That is all.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,028
I think I'm the only INFJ on here that doesn't like to read :unsure: *feels like a black sheep*
Naaaahhhh, depending on what it is I typically don't like reading either, more writing what random wisdom comes to mind.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Naaaahhhh, depending on what it is I typically don't like reading either, more writing what random wisdom comes to mind.
Oh nice, I can relate to the latter two you mentioned. The last 2 books I picked up where MBTI books, other than that, it's been years since the last time I read something on my own volition. ^^

·
Banned
1,742 Posts
...I have 4 balls (not scrotumballs)in the air right now and it's all gonna go down in the next hour....For now--all I can do is wait.

Reactions: paperthick

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
...I have 4 balls (not scrotumballs)in the air right now and it's all gonna go down in the next hour....For now--all I can do is wait.
:confused: I have no idea what this post means, sounds pretty ballsy to me though. I have a feeling you're a baddass ninja or something! Exciting! :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
:confused: I have no idea what this post means, sounds pretty ballsy to me though. I have a feeling you're a baddass ninja or something! Exciting! :D
Sounded to me like she was balls-to-the-wall (believe it or not, that figure of speech does NOT come from scrotumballs.)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I think I'm the only INFJ on here that doesn't like to read :unsure: *feels like a black sheep*
Reading is just one thing. You don't have to like it to be an INFJ. Can't tell why you feel like a black sheep. I know you mean this figuratively... but you are who you are, and that's great. Judging by your avatar, you really enjoyed either playing Final Fantasy 7, watching the movie, or maybe both. I doubt that's unique to an INFJ, but I think that makes you an awesome INFJ.

I just remembered playing FF 12... Just wish I could change their clothes and style (for variety mostly), but the game and the virtual world it created were just too amazing. I feel like a golden retriever right now... I wish I could wag my tail... if I had one... I just have that tail bone - Not good enough.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
So I was wondering..

Two INFJs (him and her). In a relationship, I guess. Well, intimate, that's what really matters. I just imagined them - how they would act, interact, behave on the micro scale.

Patterns. It's always about patterns. Streaming consciousness aside, most of the patterns that an INFJ notices remain unspoken, fleeting prominences that come and go by the second. Unshared.

What if they weren't?

I'm not talking about talking. I'm talking about communicating. Have you ever met someone with whom you felt words hinder more than they help? Imagine two people "doing it right". They can both see through each other's eyes. They know what each little action triggers. She doesn't leave the keys on the cupboard. He always turns off the bathroom light. When they're with friends he refills her glass without her asking. She knows where on his body the line between tickle territory and instant erection lies and exactly when to be where. He knows when she's had a long day of having her ear talked off and leaves a purple flower on the book she's going to read by herself later. They know the movements, they know what the dialogue would be without necessarily having it. They know that twitch the other one gets, the nervous hand touch, "anime eyes mode". They flow around each other like water. Their eyes write silent poetry on skin. They inhale deeply, breathing each other's air. When they speak, it's to say something. They just understand. Can you imagine?

DISCLAIMER: I don't know if that's what a normal, healthy relationship is supposed to look like, so please bear with me.

1021 - 1040 of 37197 Posts