Personality Cafe banner

11981 - 12000 of 37195 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts

Mirror Mirror, I did repair your glass so the empathy and love flow again.

I will raise and smile. I will return to the court of my work.

I won’t bite the apple of the queen and fall asleep so deep and for so long anymore.

May now love and wiseness guide every step toward liberation.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Spring has sprung in earnest, and my new bicycle is in the shop after its maiden voyage due to continually throwing the chain. I could have got a junky Costco special and not have it do that, which makes me a very sad panda. Sadder still, while retrofitting my all weather commuter instead, I did a boo-boo that caused my rear brake to require a bleeding.

No big deal, right? Picked up the kit to do so this morning for cheaper than the cost of having someone else perform the work (with the added benefit of not having to wait a week for service.) Took the works outside due to not wanting to slop brake fluid around in the house, and promptly ended up dropping a very important, tiny, proprietary screw in the grass.

Now I know how Rick Moranis felt in Honey I Shrunk The Kids...and am pretty sure to the casual observer that's exactly what I looked like.

(Except I didn't end up finding the screw in amongst the cat crap and rotted grass...and lost another one while at it.)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Today i went on the scales to check on my weight loss - and realised that i am only 5lbs from loosing my second stone! Also, my fiance got a new job and our baby girl now weighs 6lbs! Today is a good day.

P.S. we are being bad and celebrating with cheese cake - except for the baby of course :p

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
I had to turn in paper work to the social security office because they are trying to take my kids money. and my number was 956. and then finally I go up when 926 was called (but 926 wasn't showing up). Turns out, 926 ran up before the lady called the number more than once and took my spot!!! .. she cut in line that jerk! who does that! she purposely ran up there before I even noticed. who does that shit ?! WTF.

Reactions: warweasel

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
You guys, I'm one of you.. kind of! Not really! I was never 100% sure of my type, but the only plausible alternative was INFJ.. which I'm not. Since I'm an Ne-dom extravert.

But I took the quiz on cognitivequiz.com and it lined up my functions as; Ne Ni Ti Fe Te Se Si Fi. First tine I took it it actually listed my Fe as higher than Ti. Both times it said I'm most likely an ENTP with INFJ in second spot.

Do I think this test is accurate? Oh hells no. So this is my really inconclusive bullshit post. But *shrugs*, if it is accurate it explains why INFJs find me so scary with how easily I figure them out.

In short. I just needed an excuse to post in the INFJ section again

·
Registered
3,409 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
*sigh*. Rough day today. I am proud to be who I am, but some days are just harder than others. Trying to balance the need to care for others and the need to be cared for has been a huge lesson that I have been trying to learn. I suck at it. I have always been a giver, but looking back I am realizing that this trait has also been the same trait that has caused so many medical issues. Is there a way to disconnect from myself? Where is the off switch? How do I ask other people for help? It is so completely foreign to me. Blah.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
*sigh*. Rough day today. I am proud to be who I am, but some days are just harder than others. Trying to balance the need to care for others and the need to be cared for has been a huge lesson that I have been trying to learn. I suck at it. I have always been a giver, but looking back I am realizing that this trait has also been the same trait that has caused so many medical issues. Is there a way to disconnect from myself? Where is the off switch? How do I ask other people for help? It is so completely foreign to me. Blah.
Don't worry my friend, you don't need to ask. I got you

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Gonna write quickly. (Probably not, lol) I wanna lie about for a bit before I shower. Terribly tired for some reason.

I did watch the S4 opener of Game of Thrones this morning. (Which is probably why I'm tired now, lol) Glad it's back. I'll probably be watching every Monday morning as I just won't have the time on Sunday evenings. But that's ok... something to look forward to, eh?

My main observation from 4x01?

Daario Naharis seems to have had an extreme makeover between seasons. When Dany asked where Daario and Grey Worm were and was told they were gambling, she went to find them... and there they are... I see Grey Worm and... who the fuck is that?!?!

That's annoying. I had not realized they'd recast that role. (I knew they'd recast the Mountain and I think Tommen as well. But I didn't hear about Daario.) Oh well. It's going to take some getting used to... especially since the original Daario played smarmy so well. I guess when you have a cast of 30,000, shit happens sometimes, lol.

Well. I spent a lot of time being interrupted by my sis... and I'm running outta lie about time. So. I must end and go lie about, lol.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Buenos Aires really rocked BIG TIME! What an crowd on both nights. It must be one of the most ecstatic audiences we have ever had the pleasure to play in front of. WOW.
HIM drummer on Argentina crowd. What did I tell you? We fucking rock.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
IHOPped alone this morning. The boy had to do range qualifying at noon, so he passed. I suspect to go home and catch 40 winks or so before he had to report back to work. Cuz... that's what I would do, if I were in his shoes.

Work was... eh. I read, I gamed, I read some more, I gamed some more. I do have extra paperwork thanks to my unit having more whackadoos than a psych ward, but other than that? Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Which is ok by me.

The nights are going by sooooooo much faster with this change in hours. 30 minutes. Who'd a thunk that 30 little minutes would make such a huge difference? It does, though. At least for now. I expect that will change as time goes on, but I'm going to enjoy the feeling whilst it's still around. Because... it's an awesome feeling, lol.

I mean... I spend the first 20-25 minutes in shift briefing. Getting briefing first, obviously, then just chillin' and chattin' until it's time to go relieve some 2nd shifter from my unit. So... that's 30 gone right there, in a snap. And that last 2 hrs after last break, buzzes by so quickly, that I've almost forgotten to get some stuff done before time to go home rolled around. (I'm going to have to watch that... I've got a little adjusting to do on the back side of things!)

Arnold showed up. I talked to Kelly before briefing and she said she had only thought his termination hearing was yesterday. Apparently it wasn't. Fair enough. Wonder when it is? I guess if he stops showing up, we'll know, eh?

Kelly came on my unit shortly after the shift began. It's her habit. She comes and talks to me for 15 mins or so before going on with her daily routine. And she said she was a little concerned because Arnold's post last night was central control. You know... the person who controls all the doors/alarms/radio transmission/switchboard for the entire facility? Yeah. That post. She wasn't comfortable with him being in there, but there was no (legit) reason for her to pull him and put someone else in there.

Arnold is a firearm nut who's not particularly all that mentally stable and who's (probably) going to be fired some time this week. (Or next. I dunno.) I can see where having him in control might be a little disconcerting. It would be no problem to smuggle a firearm into the facility as Arnold (like most people) carries a backpack and we do not use metal detectors or search staff and never have. (They can... but they never have and probably never will.)

If they guy in control has a gun... and he leaves control (all the keys, including the master keys, are in control), he can take an master key and access the entire facility... whilst everyone else in the facility is unable to leave whatever area they're locked into... which would make going on a shooting rampage a lot like shooting fishies in a barrel.

Now... I can get off my unit. By my unit is secluded from the other units. I could not see and likely could not hear, if all hell was breaking lose... so, though I could escape if I knew something was going... I probably wouldn't know and I'd be just as vulnerable as everyone else to being masacared.

Trust me. I've thought these things through. Because when I'm bored, I sometimes plot death & destruction. Not necessarily because I want to do it (though there are days...), but because someone else might like to do it. I'm an INTJ... I contingency plan the shit outta things. Every thing. Every possible scenario I can think of... I have a plan for it, lol. (This is why I'm never bored. That and because boredom is the realm of those lacking intelligence and creativity. I lack neither.)

Soooooooooo...

Me: Yeah. The control staff with a gun would be a bad thing. We'd all be seriously fucked. He can leave, take a master key...
She: He can't take a master key.
Me: What?
She: I had Sam take them all out of control before Arnold came in.
Me: Really?
She: I told Sam there was no way in hell I was going to leave Arnold in control with the master keys.
Me: Smart.
She: Yeah, well. I'm not dying here, if I can help it.
Me: Right.
She: Sam has two of the master keys, I have one. He had all of them, but I asked him what the fuck were we supposed to do if Arnold happened to take him out first? Then the rest of us would be fucked. So he gave me one of them.
Me: Good plan.
She: I can be smart sometimes, too, War.
Me: Indeed. This kinda shit is also why I will not leave my cell phone where I'm supposed to leave it. Fuck that. I know Sam thinks I just want to be on the phone all night, but how often do you even see my phone? You don't. Yeah, I hotspot for my tablet so I can do my course work and play games. But even if it weren't for that... I want to be able to reach the outside world if shit goes terribly terribly wrong.
She: Guess what?
Me: What?
She: Sam's carrying his personal cell phone on him tonight, too. Mine was too big to carry in my pocket, but Sam has his.
Me: See? He knows. He don't wanna say I'm right. But he knows I am.
She: Yeah. He does.

That's how paranoid my supervisors were last night. Breaking rules because they were paranoid. Master keys aren't to be outta control. (And our director would have a complete shit fit if she had any idea they were.) And against policy to have personal cell phones inside the secure perimeter... no matter who you are. And yet... both of those things happened last night.

But... Arnold didn't shoot anybody. Last night, at least. We'll see how the rest of the week goes, lol.

Pretty crazy when you're more afraid of your fellow staff than you are the inmates, is it not??? Jesus.

I switched all my cds out in the car last night. You have no idea how awesome that is... six new (well, different) cds! Yay! Several hours of different music! I listened to the previous six cds for about a month. (Plus prior to putting the car away in November.) It was time for a change. All mix cds, of course. I never carry original copies in the car. If someone breaks it, they steal the mixes to their hearts content. I'll just make new ones. Besides, I like variety. So... there is a lot of that.

I still need to do my taxes. I should probably get on that one of these days. Prior to April 15. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
The friends I out grew a long time ago, (but I still associate myself with them and sit with them for lunch), planned a sleep over and didn't invite me.

I never talk to these people except for the occasional superficial small talk. I don't really like these people either... they're very boring and I don't have much in common with them. So I'm not too bothered that they didn't invite me.

But it begs the question... why do I sit with them? I think it's more out of a fear of being alone than actually liking them. I remember sitting by myself at lunch during middle school and getting bullied for it. I think my fear derives from that.

I think I should move, though. There's really no point sitting with them, and I want to prove to myself I'm not afraid of being bullied anymore.

·
MOTM October 2013
6,428 Posts
Finished Chaos Rings, starting in on Chaos Rings Omega. While the combat and the maps are so much the same it's rather pathetic, the story...OMG! Very nice. Yet how is it that the couple from the first game is now FATHER AND DAUGHTER in the second? I mean, did I read the names wrong? Cuz that's just kinda creepy.

Oh well. Knowing Square Enix, there's a huge twist coming up that'll make it a whole lot less creepy. Or so I hope. Because father and daughter while the daughter is married/preggers to another man in Omega and...and...ewwwwww. There's got to be a twist!

Heroic lover boy from the first game also became stuck-up prick with hints of time traveling in the second. Eeeeenteresting...

11981 - 12000 of 37195 Posts