Personality Cafe banner

12001 - 12020 of 37189 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
We now have a black guy as one of our regulars on Factions. Dude is such a racist. He went on a rant about Mexicans tonight in the lobby and we actually had to tell him to cool it.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Ni trumps Fe in this brain. People-pleasing is painful.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Pop quiz. Building something / performing a task you've never done before / learning a new skill...

Do you:

A) Wing it, more or less disregarding any instructions and hoping everything turns out for the best.
B) Follow any provided directions to the letter and step by step, ambiguous meanings or other lack of clarity akin to the end of the world.
C) Spend a sometimes significant amount of time beforehand getting a grand overview of all the required steps (order not important, often work backwards) then merely use them as a point of reference.

Dunno if this is a cognitive preference thing or not but it was clearly brought to my attention this week after both broadening my scope of bicycle maintenance and spending the bulk of this afternoon building a nifty little shed that came with a manual that could have been mistaken for a novella. I used to work with someone that needed everything laid out in black and white and able to be followed perfectly like a checklist in order to accomplish anything outside their realm of comfort which is completely foreign to me...I'm definitely in camp C.

·
MOTM October 2013
6,427 Posts
Ha! Twist was had. Not a very surprising one, really kinda cliche in fact. But they pulled it off very well and...<sniffle> ...well, I won't spoil it if someone else decides to play the game. (Which you should! <evil eye>)

Kung fu lesson was had. I suppose I should put this out here for good measure..we're hosting a fundraiser for St. Jude's Children's Hospital on April 19th (that's the Saturday after next). St. Jude's is a non-profit hospital for children patients, typically with cancer, and runs solely on donations. They don't turn anybody away even if they can't afford the healthcare in full.

For our fundraiser, they've got a place set up where you can donate online. The direct link is here: https://waystohelp.stjude.org/sjVPortal/public/event/page/displayEventPage.do;jsessionid=G1nrTG2HWvLbXJTFSMzLMxrGXDZVZhPQJG2gnc91rvYQGtTgLzMG!-1265683272!-418498982?sectionStyle=subMenuFour&eventId=166148&programId=1402

This is of course for our particular kung fu school, but if you know a more local martial arts dojo taking donations in your area, by all means...! There's a page somewhere on that website that lets you search by state. Or you can go straight to St. Jude's main webpage and donate through there.

And if by some stroke of luck you happen to be in the Northern Colorado area (USA) on the 19th, drop on in! We'll be having a free little kung fu lesson for attendees. (I can send directions to the place through PMs should anyone be curious.)

·
MOTM Jan 2015
10,408 Posts
Call me paranoid, but sometimes I find myself stopping my thinking of fear that other people might read my thoughts. You can never be too careful, right? lol

View attachment 101498
Occlumency! :p

You can have more fun with it than that though. You just start thinking really weird things on purpose. Maybe you even brain shout them. Take that aliens!!!

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
I'm giving in tomorrow and finally getting the foot injury checked out. Eight days after I injured it.
Oooh, you're soooo gonna get the look from the doc, lol. :laughing:

Fruit punch oreo's exist. Figured I'd be a bad person not to share that discovery.
I'm not sure that "fruit punch" and "Oreo" are two things that should be together. Just... did you eat one of these monstrosities? And if so, was it delicious?

~~~

Sweet Baby Jesus, I'm tired. And I'm going to bed shortly and that's the truth. Waiting on... stuff... when stuff is ready, then we'll mosey on to bed and catch about 4,000,000 winks. I hope.

I went to work last night on a whopping total of 2.5 hrs of sleep. And though I survived, I do not recommend such nonsense as that. I truly don't. It makes for an impossibly long night.

I really and truly do have to stop this nonsense of not going to bed at a decent time. Before I kill myself off. As much as I know there are people who'd be quite pleased by that outcome, I also know that I'm not anywhere near that accomodating. :tongue: (Which I'm sure frustrates some people to the ends of the Earth. Which in turn, rather amuses me... but that's neither here nor there.)

I doubt that I'll manage to get it done. But I really need to... today, I certainly will. I'm dead tired. I was dead tired 9.5 hrs ago... and that was before going to work. So. Today, definitely. And hopefully, I sleep all day. That was the problem yesterday. I went to bed at 1030a and woke at 1p. Not. Cool.

I also really need to get in the gym and start getting after it for the next year or so. I want to get ripped up a bit more and leaned out a bit as well, especially leaned out more as the trip grows closer. I wanna be in good shape for the trip and looking fit. You never know what may happen, lol. (Though I won't be actively seeking a close encounter of the Celtic kind, as my nephew will be, if one happens to present itself, I'm most certainly not going to turn it away, lol.)

I wanna be in good shape for any walk about the boy & I may do. I don't wanna have him sitting about waiting on me cuz I'm winded or some shit. Bad enough that he'll probably have to do that because of my pain levels as it is.

The dealio is getting motivated to get back in the gym. I've been out for a long while. Getting started will be the worst of it, I suppose, once it's factored into the daily routine... it'll be all pink lemonade, bruh. :laughing:

My friend/coworker (part time) Nick is kinda wanting me to come to/photograph this boxing tourney he's having in a few months. It's for Junior Olympics and is going to be a multi state event. Unfortunately, the 2nd day of the event isn't going to work into my schedule due to prior commitments that I cannot reschedule. But... I may be able to get the first day in... We'll see. I may be busy already that day, as well. Gotta see how it all pans out, I guess.

I've been really wanting to photograph boxing though. (And Lacrosse. I see kids practicing lacrosse sometimes near the interstate in this one area, but I have no damned idea where they play or any such thing. Lacrosse isn't a very common sport around here, but I think it would be fun as hell to photograph.)

This Junior Olympics thing could be a great money making opportunity as well. Always looking for those...

Off to bed with me. Hopefully, good sleeps today... (Today is also the last day of my work week this week! Huzzah!)

·
MOTM Jan 2015
10,408 Posts
I'm not sure that "fruit punch" and "Oreo" are two things that should be together. Just... did you eat one of these monstrosities? And if so, was it delicious?
Surprisingly, yes, lol. My mom has a habit of hoarding and hiding junk food because my dad and I don't really eat it (I will however make an exception for oreo's). I was perusing through boxes of Keurig K cups this morning when I stumbled upon them wrapped tightly in a plastic bag. Of course my first reaction was "Holy wut?!" My second was to put them in my mouth. The wafers are vanilla and not chocolate so it isn't a full on flavor assault :p

I went to work last night on a whopping total of 2.5 hrs of sleep. And though I survived, I do not recommend such nonsense as that. I truly don't. It makes for an impossibly long night.
Ah, I've been there. Finally coming out of a couple years of bad insomnia. I hope you're able to rest up now :) It can become a vicious pattern. Nip it in the bud!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I wonder why I've been so angry lately
not really at anyone in particular, just incredibly pissed off at everything .-.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Totally wearing my crabby pants today. :p .. I must move out of this house!! Ahhhhh!!!!

Angry INFJs. They're angry, but still INFJs.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
I had two appointments today, one of which the client told me to dig in there (referring to her bum) and I'm thinking that although my son can't understand, he better appreciate me on some level considering I'm elbowing old lady butt for cash. Lol!! Thank God I don't take male clients on my own. Can you imagine if I had to dig my elbow in some old mans glute? Ew.

And also. I must say the evil strategy to go to where everybody is wanting what their neighbor has (keeping up with the joneses) is working out fabulously. Minus some minor nuances of the job of course. :p

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Angry INFJs. They're angry, but still INFJs.
I'm sorry. I get super crabby and demanding when I feel neglected and uncared for. :blushed: I was sorta ridiculous yesterday. I guess I get tired of being me and I haven't anywhere to lose myself. Maybe next year I won't be so crazy trying to keep myself from going crazy. :tongue:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I'm sorry. I get super crabby and demanding when I feel neglected and uncared for. :blushed: I was sorta ridiculous yesterday. I guess I get tired of being me and I haven't anywhere to lose myself. Maybe next year I won't be so crazy trying to keep myself from going crazy. :tongue:
I'm not the one you need to be apologizing to. There are some ENFPs who got their heats broken the other night!

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Surprisingly, yes, lol. My mom has a habit of hoarding and hiding junk food because my dad and I don't really eat it (I will however make an exception for oreo's). I was perusing through boxes of Keurig K cups this morning when I stumbled upon them wrapped tightly in a plastic bag. Of course my first reaction was "Holy wut?!" My second was to put them in my mouth. The wafers are vanilla and not chocolate so it isn't a full on flavor assault :p
Ah. Vanilla and not chocolate. That's... good, I think, lol. I was imagining fruit punch and chocolate and having a really hard time imagining that would be a good thing, lol.

Ah, I've been there. Finally coming out of a couple years of bad insomnia. I hope you're able to rest up now :) It can become a vicious pattern. Nip it in the bud!
A couple of years?!?!? Jesus Henry. I've had insomnia, off and on, since the beginning of time... but off and on, lol. I only have bad insomnia (Is there a good insomnia? Or insomnia lite?)... when it decides to rear it's ugly head, I'm so screwed.

I'm just not a great sleeper, by and large. I sleep quite lightly and I'm restless. (I think I work out more in my sleep than I do when I'm awake, lol.) I'm one of those who has to remake the bed nearly every day because I tear it apart in my sleep.) Glad you're on the upside of the insomnia business. Man, it sucks... grrrrrrrr.

~~~

So. I went to bed early. Had my tablet, but played a few minutes on a game. That got my eyes all sorts of weepy and sleepy... so when I shut the tablet off, I was out. Just like that. It was awesome, lol. I did wake up repeatedly today, for whatever reason, but I was always able to go back to sleep. So... there's that.

So. I wouldn't say I had an awesome sleep. But I slept reasonably well. For me. And that's a start. At least I won't be so dead tired tonight, which should help tonight get along a little more quickly than it did last night.

And... tonight's the last night of work this week! Huzzah for four day weekends!!! Which also makes next week a four day work week. That's awesome as well. (The less time I spend there, the better for all concerned, lol.)

Hell. It might be pay day, too. I always lose track of when pay day is... and then I see the formal agency envelope in my box and think I'm getting termination paper work or something, lol. And yet... it's never terminiation paper work and it's always something else... usually a pay check. And then I'm surprised that it's pay day. Again.

This is, apparently, an uncommon issue at my job. Everyone else knows exactly when they're getting paid, lol. Me? Eh. Haven't a clue. I've been told this is an awesome problem to have and that people are quite jealous. Well... no need to be jealous. All you need to be is debt free. And all you really need to do, in most circumstances, to be debt free is to live within your means. Though, in my experience, most people are not willing to do that. So... there ya go.

Most people are not willing to give up their goodies and their buying shit (that they typically don't actually need) on credit habits in order to live debt free. So. They contine to live pay check to pay check... and know exactly when they're getting paid.

But now that I think about it... it can't be pay day today, cuz it's Wednesday. I was thinking it might be pay day today because it's my last day, but my last day of the work week is usually Thursday, not Wednesday. So... yeah.

Well, now that everyone's thoroughly confused, including me... I think I shall have a lie about until it's time to get ready for work. Still feeling really sleepy even though I slept sorta ok. I didn't sleep much yesterday, after all. Still running at a deficit.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Thought this was interesting, Margaret Hamilton on Mister Rogers Neighborhood. Hamilton famously played the Wicked Witch of the West, and discusses it with Mr. Roger.

One thing that caught me was although she claims having fun playing the role, she was always upset over how frightening the character was to kids - or how kids would be scared of her IRL. Hence why she was on the show, explaining to kids it was just a role and acting; and in real life she was a really gentle caring person(she certainly gives off that impression here).

·
MOTM October 2013
6,427 Posts
Finished Chaos Rings Omega (I'd say the story's better than the first one, though less replayability), and now...not sure if I want to drop that much on Chaos Rings II yet (going for $15 in my area, for a cell phone game!). My weekend (such as it is, in the middle of the week) is over, so I'm not going to need such a heavy distraction in a while yet.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
(Is there a good insomnia? Or insomnia lite?)
I believe it's called Diet Insomnia. :laughing:

Oh, and all those times you complained about virus attacks on this site? I can't even open the subscriptions page now because my anti virus has blocked it.

My deal with sleeping is, I can sleep fine. Getting to sleep is the problem. I just can't shut down sometimes.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Oh, and all those times you complained about virus attacks on this site? I can't even open the subscriptions page now because my anti virus has blocked it.
I thought I was the only one. I can't open the main page and the forum itself it is working like shit. I didnt think it could be because of the virus in here.

12001 - 12020 of 37189 Posts