Personality Cafe banner

12181 - 12200 of 37083 Posts

·
MOTM Jan 2015
10,308 Posts
OMG, what happened to me last night. I got off late from work (it was really busy for a Tuesday), so I just went straight to bed (something I never do). I swear I lived out a lifetime in epic dreams. There was a battle in a medieval castle, possession, vampires, jewel theft, at one point I was flying a helicopter (it felt real!) and saving magical creatures from a river. I discovered that the love of my life (wearing armor - some mysterious dude) was alive (everyone thought that he was dead) and a prisoner of war, and devised an elaborate plot to free him from a secret passage with friends.

The night ended at a family reunion. NOBODY WOULD LEAVE ME BE TO MAKE THIS SANDWICH. I was in the basement of some strange house trying to happily mind my own business while everyone yelled at me upstairs (well, except for one of my baby cousins who I learned was basically Hannah Montana - she'd been fooling us all! - she was providing the soundtrack to my dilemma). When I finally felt good about my sandwich (I'm pretty sure it included chocolate, tortilla chips and hot sauce - so at least I took the time to make it right), I just marched through the house flipping everyone the bird and then I woke up.

I'm not even going to try to psychoanalyze it. I just need to sit outside with coffee for a while or something.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Almost that time to start mowing the lawn again, the weeds are sproutin!

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Got a nasty private message on here last night, from another INFJ, totally out of the blue. Never talk to the guy. lol. He was outraged I was calling myself an INFJ. I disgust him. I am a pussy. I am a retard. All this other shit. Seriously, who gets so worked up over something like this? I think the guy was in tears when writing it. I barely even knew he existed, or paid attention to him. Totally out of left field. lol. Good for a laugh.
I would totally send this video if I was the one with the nasty PM.:laughing:

What a jerk!
I probably would have just responded with a nice middle finger image and called it a day.

I never had something like that happen to me, but there's been plenty of time people will insist I'm another type of some sort. Either I'm an ISFJ, or some other Enneagram type, or whatever else. Usually the reasons given are based on stereotypes or other superficial readings of who I am as a person. On one level, it's amusing; on another level it's annoying to have yourself judged like that. One of the more asinine things about typology I find. /rant :dry:

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Just got to my moms work because I'm borrowing the car. She's all "not ready", has me do paperwork to help her finish. And I'm all lady! What the hell. Had to reschedule an appointment I could have done yesterday. Now I look like a poop. Ugh. I need to get a car!! And no one is available to take me till next week. Being stuck with the madre is torment. Her office is creepy. There's pictures of me as a little girl. Not one past puberty. Everyone else however normal ... Me, I'm framed in an angel frame at age 10 with braces. It's creepy! And there's angels everywhere! Ok. I'm exaggerating but still. All these gross nicknacks. I like clean and organized. I swear. I nearly want to clean and organize her office because it's making me all uncomfortable being here. Dear god, if ever I am left to my own vices and turn into a weird old lady. Please, someone just shoot me in the eyeball.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
So I'm totally delusion in the moments between waking up and falling back asleep again.

For a while I thought the snooze button on my iphone would randomly change to different workds, like "snooks,""schnooze", and "snoke" until I realized that made no sense, and it was brain imagining things in a between-sleep haze. '__'

Recently it's becoming a problem because turning off my alarm is becoming part of my dreams, and I'm unintentionally sleeping in.

Ugh... I need more sleep.

·
MOTM Jan 2015
10,308 Posts
@NK @Veggie

I know you guys are LMT. Do you ever massage lymph nodes? Like around the clavicle, jaw, head and throat? Does that actually work for people?
I think you have to have a few hours training in lymphatic drainage massage or something in my state as a requirement to do it specifically...not sure though.

I know that it's different than regular massage in that it's lighter. Skin brushing is a good alternative and you can do that on your own - brushes aren't expensive either (site has good info).

Skin Brushing | CLH

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
I think you have to have a few hours training in lymphatic drainage massage or something in my state as a requirement to do it specifically...not sure though.

I know that it's different than regular massage in that it's lighter. Skin brushing is a good alternative and you can do that on your own - brushes aren't expensive either (site has good info).

Skin Brushing | CLH
thanks. I didn't know if it was something all masseuse's did. There were a few videos online, but I doubt they would work as well as the real thing. I've had a problem with my Eustachian tube in one ear for a while; just an annoyance mainly, I can still hear fine, but it kind of itches, tickles, and pops. Mucinex makes it feel better, so I think it is a drainage issue, and the massage can move it along.

·
Referral Princess
1,386 Posts
You guys…..
…… I've had a weird past 24hours. I can't describe it to you. But I'm kinda have been in recluse mode in my private life, for weeks, maybe months now…. besides being social at work… and…. well… I'm really enjoying it this time. I think this is the first time not being depressed at the same time as going into recluse mode… and well… I'm alert most of the time, wake up with energy again, been reading deeper things again… now I feel like I have enough motivation to eat right again and stick to being a vegan like I was before.

….. yeah you guys….
… I'm feeling eerie about this, but in a good way.

*turns and walks away*

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Metal gear 4's plot made my head spin

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Even though I quit band at school, I still have this drive to make music. I often walk through the school hallways singing random tunes I make up. Although my parents force me to attend church hand bell practice, I find some peace while playing hand bells.

I think I like playing music, but only in small doses. My parents for years forced me to make band and music a huge part of my life, and I felt unhappy. I think I don't hate music, but it's nothing more than a small hobby.

Maybe it would've been something more than that, but my past has ruined it for me.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
@warweasel The guys who did the storytelling Walking Dead game are doing a Game of Thrones game!! It won't be the main story though. But still, I think it will be a good one.
Oh sweeeeeeet! I wouldn't mind that at all, even if it's not the main story... who cares? It worked for the WD game. And there's certainly enough world in GoT to tell more stories of more characters. They say when it might be expected?

When recent threads get closed you just know some shit went down. What a fun read.
And what thread would this be, if I am bored later?

~~~

The X-Files
and The Hobbit (#2) arrived today. Huzzah! Now my X-Files collection is 100% complete. That makes me happy. And... tonight, I guess I'll be watching The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug or whatever the hell it's called. (I think that's correct!) So... tonight should be pretty awesome. At least I won't be bored and I'll have something I actually feel like doing.

I'm going to have to rewatch all 9 seasons of X one of these days, too... and the two movies. Cuz... I have them all now, so why not?

Speaking of X-Files... I found David Duchovny is on Twitter these days. A little suprised by that... really didn't think it'd be his thing, but there he is. He doesn't appear to be particularly chatty there, but... I followed him anyway. Atdavideduchovny (replace at w/ @)) if you're interested.

I went to bed early this morning and slept very well. I think I need to go to bed early (or at least on time) more often. I think I run at a sleep deficit entirely too much. Used to be I couldn't wait till 0900, so I could go to bed... now I can't seem to get myself to bed before 1030 or 11 to save my ass. It's really not a good thing, lol.

I made it at 0830 this morning. Early, but I think it was needed.

I dreamt of Sam telling me to put my contraband (the tablet) away... and me telling him he was being ridiculous for enforcing such a stupid rule, lol. Which is a very realistic dream convo since we've had the exact same convo in reality, lol. (We both argued the other was ridiculous for like 5 mins one day, lol... it was kinda silly.)

I suspect that dream was brought on by the fact that every time someone was coming on my unit last night, I had to hide the tablet until I could confirm/deny that it was Sam or someone else. (The tablet gets tossed under the desk, atop the pc tower frequently, lol) I must've done that 25 times last night and all for naught as Sam never came onto my unit. :rolleyes:

I probably dreamt other things, but that's all I remember. Which is good, especially if I was dreaming about work, lol. Cuz 40 hrs a week of that nonsense is enough. Don't need to be dreaming about, too.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
My and a friend of mine have a way of dealing with the confusion. No matter what the question is the answer is always "because the Patriots".
That made me laugh lol. I need to beat the first two, that might help alleviate my symptoms.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I wonder if there's something off with my brain chemistry. Sometimes I'm positive not, but other times...gosh. I don't know. I never used to be this at the mercy of my moods.

12181 - 12200 of 37083 Posts