Personality Cafe banner

14001 - 14020 of 37084 Posts

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Apparently, I'm on modified duty now. No idea what the doc wrote on the paper I brought to him the other day, but apparently it has resulted in me being yanked off my unit and placed into central control, which is our only modified duty post. :frustrating: I'm annoyed by this as I don't really need modified duty at the moment. It's quite likely I would end up on modified anyway at some point, but I was hoping to delay that as long as possible because I get bored as fuck in control.

So. Who the hell knows? Not I, since there was no email or anything for me. I asked Robby and he just said there was an email saying I was on modified duty. (Well. That's helpful. :rolleyes:) I'll ask Sam tonight. Maybe he knows. It'd be nice to have some idea what the hell's going on and I clearly have no idea at the moment.

So, yeah. Sat in control and did... nothing. All night long. Yay. :dry: I expect I'll be doing that for the foreseeable future. Could be... weeks. Maybe months. (Gads, I hope not...)

Tired, but have to stay up for the pharmacy. Again. When I went to get my drugs the other day, the script was expired. So they gave me a few to get by and called in for the script. So. Today I should have my drugs. I need to stop at the market as well and buy toiletries as I'm about all outta everything. (Don't wanna be without deodorant as hot as it's supposed to be!)

Have some other fun things to do this morning, so I should probably stop procrastinating here and get that business done.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Thank you Ti for let me install everything without instructions:cool:

I bought this new speakers for my computer, and when looking at the wires my mom told me "Look, you have the instruction book here". I don't think I had ever used instructions in my entire life, for anything. It's useless.

The sound is excellent, I haven't try the highest sound yet because I am afraid of breaking all the mirror/glasses.:laughing:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
First time in a while I've had to put my anxiety in check. I was panicking really bad earlier and has to ask myself "What are you worried about?". I (w)racked (?) my brain a bit and couldn't find a thing to be worried about. It snuck up on me that time. I get crazy anxious without reason and assume there must be a reason.

On a different note, I have the needy to met another INFJ in real life.
If you find a nice Latin INFJ point her my way. :wink:

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Thank you Ti for let me install everything without instructions:cool:

I bought this new speakers for my computer, and when looking at the wires my mom told me "Look, you have the instruction book here". I don't think I had ever used instructions in my entire life, for anything. It's useless.

The sound is excellent, I haven't try the highest sound yet because I am afraid of breaking all the mirror/glasses.:laughing:
I have a better sound system for my pc than most people have for their stereos/tvs, lol. I can shake the whole house with that bad boy. If I'm going to play the music loud, I have to make sure to clear things away from the sub... lest it blow things off the desk, lol.

Installing it the first time wasn't bad. Reinstalling it after I moved? Oy vey. At least I was smart enough to label all the wiring with masking tape before I started unplugging shit or I'd have had a real mess when I went to reinstall!

~~~

Convo with Marisala last night, in control just after I got on shift...

She: I'm hungry.
Me: I ate pizza on the drive to work.
She: What kind?
Me: Pepperoni.
She: Where from?
Me: Caseys.
She: Oh, yum. I should go there and have them make me a sandwich.
Me: That'd be good.
She: I wonder if I can sneak out now before Robby even notices.
Me: Used to do it all the time back in the day. But we had more staff.
She: Yeah. I better ask him.

And she does ask Robby and then she leaves to go to Caseys. Upon her return...

Me: Did you get a sandwhich made?
She: I got a burrito.
Me: Figures.
She: What?
Me: Fucking beaner.
She: Yup. Better watch your mouth... I'll cut a bitch, you know.

~~~

Mom retires on Friday. Four days. It's going to be weird having her around all day long, every day. The dogs will probably like it, though, I'm sure. More time for them to spend outside and what not.

Oddly she thinks she's going to drive me to all these places because of my knee. One of the places she was going to drive me was to the concert. I ended up driving because she's afraid to drive in certain areas of the city. It didn't turn out too bad because my knee wasn't being too grumpy. It started to get that way just as we arrived at the venue, which caused some painful limps for a little bit, but... smoothed out after that. And the drive home was fine.

Anyway, yeah. We'll see about all her driving me places when the time comes.

Well... I have an email to write. Someone I've not written in a long while. Now seems as good a time as any.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
On a different note, I have the needy to met another INFJ in real life.
Nothing special. I suspect i met one once (95% that i am correct about it). I basically met a mirror image of myself.
I like different things in life, novelty.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
The occean, but maybe I can travel with your girl to Ireland to met news places. I take the Irish guy, you take the Latin and we all live happily never after.
I'm scared of the ocean. Just bring her over here. I'll buy you a Guinness. :wink:

The irony... it burns me. :laughing:
We established a while ago that we are mind-twins therefore, siblings. We're not the Lannisters, War. :tongue:

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I'm scared of the ocean. Just bring her over here. I'll buy you a Guinness. :wink:
Why I am not surprised that you are afraid of the ocean just like me? Of course:laughing:. I will start believing that we are twins for real, our birth mother separated us and we may be adopted. It make sense.

I will wake up my mother at night and ask her "Tell me who is John!!!".

·
MOTM October 2013
6,421 Posts
So today I was sweeping my kitchen floor, and I found a beetle in one of the corners. He was on his back and flailing his legs around, having trouble righting himself. I got down and held the broom over him so he had something to grab on to. So he'd right himself that way, run for the wall, try to climb up it...flop back on his back again and the whole process repeated itself. I must've helped him turn over about three times.

Well, I had to go to class and he still couldn't stay on his feet, so I got out a wadded up plastic bag and set it down by him so he'd have something to climb onto while I was away.

I come home, and there he is lying on the floor on his back again. Only this time, he's now dead...a few inches away from where I had left the bag, so I guess he'd managed to get himself righted at least a few more times before...flipping over on his back yet again and not being able to get up.

There's an analogy for helping people who can't/won't help themselves in here somewhere, I'm just not sure where. I feel badly for the bug, but also rather annoyed...he had his chances at life and kept doing the same stupid thing that eventually got him killed.

Yeah...I've known people like that. :frustrating: Not necessarily all the way to death, but yeah...

Suppose I should have just put him outside. But who knows...maybe he was dying anyway, and all the flailing was the convulsion thing dying bugs will sometimes do. Blech.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
The irony... it burns me. :laughing:

Cool! Congrats and good luck.
Thanks. I already had anxiety attack over it lol
Thinking what the hell i gotten myself into but i will be alright on a day, surrounded by hot guys and girls :)
Someone has to carry the torch for us, introverts.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
We established a while ago that we are mind-twins therefore, siblings. We're not the Lannisters, War. :tongue:
That made me laugh out loud. Lannisters. :laughing:

Why I am not surprised that you are afraid of the ocean just like me?
You girls and your fear of water. :rolleyes: :laughing:

Of course:laughing:. I will start believing that we are twins for real, our birth mother separated us and we may be adopted. It make sense.

I will wake up my mother at night and ask her "Tell me who is John!!!".
If you do this, please record the reaction. I expect it will be priceless. :laughing:

So today I was sweeping my kitchen floor, and I found a beetle in one of the corners. He was on his back and flailing his legs around, having trouble righting himself. I got down and held the broom over him so he had something to grab on to. So he'd right himself that way, run for the wall, try to climb up it...flop back on his back again and the whole process repeated itself. I must've helped him turn over about three times.

Well, I had to go to class and he still couldn't stay on his feet, so I got out a wadded up plastic bag and set it down by him so he'd have something to climb onto while I was away.

I come home, and there he is lying on the floor on his back again. Only this time, he's now dead...a few inches away from where I had left the bag, so I guess he'd managed to get himself righted at least a few more times before...flipping over on his back yet again and not being able to get up.

There's an analogy for helping people who can't/won't help themselves in here somewhere, I'm just not sure where. I feel badly for the bug, but also rather annoyed...he had his chances at life and kept doing the same stupid thing that eventually got him killed.

Yeah...I've known people like that. :frustrating: Not necessarily all the way to death, but yeah...

Suppose I should have just put him outside. But who knows...maybe he was dying anyway, and all the flailing was the convulsion thing dying bugs will sometimes do. Blech.
Yup. Me, too.

Thanks. I already had anxiety attack over it lol
Thinking what the hell i gotten myself into but i will be alright on a day, surrounded by hot guys and girls :)
Someone has to carry the torch for us, introverts.
Yes. You must take one for Team Introvert! :laughing: I'm sure as hell not going to do it! Not because I can't, but because I'm busy with other things. Very time consuming, INTJ stuff. You know... world domination, etc. :wink:

~~~

So. Sunday night I was on modified duty. For unknown reasons. And last night I was not. Also for unknown reasons. I've long ago tried to figure out administration's logic on anything, because I've come to realize that logic plays absolutely no part in anything that they do. They, apparently, just do whatever thick skulled thing pops into their head at the moment and call it good.

I expect they do this because they are fucking idiots.

So, yeah. No idea. Nobody knows. Sam doesn't even know. I sure as hell don't know. I'm not really even sure that admin knows, to be perfectly honest. I'm sure as hell not going to ask them cuz I'm afraid the answer would be a little scary. More than a little.

I spent my time reading a book and dealing with an inmate that couldn't sleep. Young lad... this is his second visit. He's... not right. He is going to, at some point in time, become a sex offender. That writing is already on the wall. I know this because I've seen this behavior before... several times. He is, eventually, going to earn the title "MDSO". Mentally Disordered Sex Offender. He's 12... he's prepubscent... once puberty gets into full swing, he'll become a sex offender. Just that simple.

So. That's fun. He also has some behavior issues, which are always fun. I had no problems with him at all last night, which is good. He was just frustrated that he couldn't sleep. Don't blame him, I get frustrated when I can't sleep, too.

Read half a book. Young reader's book. Allegedly on the NY Times Best Seller list at some point in time. I think it's called Maze Runners? Don't remember. Part of a trilogy. It's not that great, but interesting enough to keep reading... and being a YR book, it's an easy read as well. Doesn't make my brain hurt. And... there are two more books. So... I'll have something to do.

I was looking for some Brian Jacques Redwall series books. They used to have a bunch of them... couldn't find a single one. So... they either got rid of them (nobody was reading them) or they moved them to another unit. Made me sad. I rather like those books. Lovely cast of furry characters, indeed.

I see the surgeon on this day next week. That promises to be a good time. :dry: I expect an MRI to follow shortly thereafter. Good times, yo. And probably surgery to follow along after that. Lovely, that.

Anyway... guess it's time for me to roll up and head to bed. The days grow shorter. Winter is coming, ya know. :laughing:

14001 - 14020 of 37084 Posts