Personality Cafe banner

17821 - 17840 of 37155 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

Harry Caray: You know if you stare at it head on it'll burn your eyes out.

Dr. Ken Waller: Well it's not best to stare at the sun in an eclipse.

Harry Caray: Well it's hard not to. I once took a pair of binoculars and stared at the sun for over a hour.

Dr. Ken Waller: Why would you do that?

Harry Caray: Curiosity I guess. Heck I'm curious as a cat. I have a couple of friends that call me whiskers.

My favorite part was the greatest scientific question ever asked of mankind . . ."If the moon was made of ribs. . .would you eat it?"

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
So.. someone special celebrated their birthday at my house and whilst she was making her speech, one phrase particularly stuck to me apart from everything else. She and her husband are probably one of the most intuitive people I know. Her husband spoke about how they were only meant to stay in this country for two years but they've already been here for 10 years, and also teasing her for wanting to buy a 2.5 million dollar house...

In response, she averred, "..at least dreams are free."
and her husband acclaimed, "she's right." and then he goes on about believing..

so simple. so profound. It's the way it came out of her lips.. The way it was woven into words. veracious. steady, ready, firm.
screw the norms, screw the odds, I will not limit myself..
at least. dreams. are. free.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wouldn't eat that based on looks alone. :laughing: Not really into bizarre meat (or sorta meat) products. Hell, I don't even like meat loaf. (Bread comes in loaves... meat should not!)

I have to be careful what I stick in my mouth as anything I put in there that my taste buds decide is extremely disagreeable will immediately be propelled back out. With great force. Often unexpected and quite involuntarily.

This is how I remembered why I stopped using that throat spray stuff. Had I had any cookies to toss, they'd have been all over the floor in the medical office at work. :tongue:

~~~

Just finished devouring some lovely grilled steaks. Pretty decent outside. Mid 70s. I can deal with that. Grilling out in shorts and flip flops in Marchis pretty awesome, in my book. And... it's also the vernal equinox. Hello, spring!

Last weekend my mom had said something about going on a little trip this weekend. That would be tomorrow, if we were going. She's not said any more about it, so she's either changed her mind or has forgotten. I'm not going to remind her... I wasn't that interested in going, really, but I would (even still) if she wanted to... it's nice for her to get out of the house and go somewhere and... if nothing else, I could take photos, so it wouldn't be a complete waste of a day off.

But given my choices, I'd rather stay home and chillax. I still desperately need to vacuum. (Weren't all y'all supposed to remind me to do that last weekend?!) Some other stuff that needs to get done and what not. Need to toss the pile of empty boxes of Girl Scout cookies, too... my desk is piled high with them. (I'm horrible at taking out the trash. Vacuuming, too... apparently.)

Mostly, I'm interested in lying about, playing video games and hanging out on the patio, if the weather is good... and it just might be. Doing things I want to do since I don't get so much of that during the week.

I must sound horribly lazy. :laughing: I am, I guess... to a degree. It's just that I'm so extremely independant and introverted that I strongly desire peace, quiet, solitude and freedom to do whatever I want to do, even if whatever I want to do is nothing. Cuz nothing is a pretty good thing to do some times. More people should just try doing nothing. Really. Chill the fuck out. Life's to short to be racing here and there all the fucking time. Just take a day and do nothing.

Being at work 40 hrs a week sucks my soul out. Work is kinda like the Dementors of the real world. Sucks all the joy and happiness outta your life and just leaves you with... ickiness.

Well... that's how it is for me, anyway. Your mileage may vary.

Convo with Sam last night...

He: Didn't I talk about not doing that in briefing just yesterday?
Me: I vaguely remember you mentioning it, yeah.
He: ...
Me: What?
He: Then you're just doing this to piss me off?
Me: No. I'm doing this because your way of doing it is fucking stupid.
He: ...
Me: Pissing you off is just a bonus.
He: Next time, do it right.
Me: I didn't do it wrong, just didn't do it the way you want it done.
He: War...
Me: Sam...

And then he walked away. :laughing: I'm wondering if he'll ever just grow a pair and write me up. I'm guessing... nope. :tongue:

For the record, I'm not the only one who does it "wrong". Everyone does it wrong, because everyone (including the other two supervisors) realize that Sam's way is stupid and unnecessary. Nobody else in the free world gives a shit... except Sam. It's just everybody else is a wee bit more covert in ignoring him than I am. Me, I don't even try to pretend I'm doing it his way... I think that's what pisses him off.

He, like some other people I know, seems to think I do things just for the sole purpose of pissing him off. Honestly, that would take too much effort. I don't think about him enough to come up with new and unusual ways to piss him off. I used to find things to do... mostly as a social experiment. Testing boundaries as it were... but... he doesn't seem to have any, so that got boring. *shrugs*

So, yeah. And no... I'm still not going to do it the "right" way. Just like everyone else. :wink:

Jeezes... 8p already. Think I'm going to watch the doco Jinx on Netflix since they've only just recently arrested Robert Durst. I don't really know much about him or the case(s), other than I know he's suspected of several murders. Might be quite interesting since they only just did the doco and now he's arrested.

Seems a bit silly, doesn't it? To make a doco about your (allegedly) murderous self... I think iffin I had managed to get away, pretty much scot free, with a few murders... I think I'd take my fortune (of which is around $100 million for this guy) and go make a life somewhere outside of the US. Hanging about and making a doco just seems a horribly bad idea to me.
What is it that you do? I'm thoroughly curious now. Your weather sounds a lot like mine, too. Texas is beautiful in the Spring.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I must sound horribly lazy. :laughing: I am, I guess... to a degree. It's just that I'm so extremely independant and introverted that I strongly desire peace, quiet, solitude and freedom to do whatever I want to do, even if whatever I want to do is nothing. Cuz nothing is a pretty good thing to do some times. More people should just try doing nothing. Really. Chill the fuck out. Life's to short to be racing here and there all the fucking time. Just take a day and do nothing.
My friends still don't realise that when I say I'm "doing nothing" it means I have plans. Plans to do fucking nothing. :laughing:

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
What is it that you do? I'm thoroughly curious now. Your weather sounds a lot like mine, too. Texas is beautiful in the Spring.

I work in corrections. With juveniles. A growth industry, you know.

~~~

Watched 4 (of 6) eps of the doco The Jinx about Robert Durst. (Which is on HBO by the way, not Netflix) Interesting. He's an odd guy, really. Very... definitely not a type of guy who blends in and gets on well with others, for one thing. Doesn't seem like he's ever been the sort to fit in. He has a very subdued, flat affect. No expression at all. Of any variety. A few... nervous ticks, but that's about it.

Do I think he's guilty? Well... he's either extremely guilty or the most unlucky human being in the world. All circumstancial evidence (which is all anybody has) points right at him... and it's one hell of a coincidence if people connected to him keep being murdered... most people go through life and never have a single person close to them disappear and/or get murdered. It's happening to this dude left and right.

And at times that just make him seem even more guilty.

Do I think he's guilty? Yes. Do I think the courts can convict him? I'm not entirely sure they can. He's already wiggled his way out of one murder charge. And that was the best case anybody had against him.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out now that he has been arrested again.

I'm going to finish that doco straight off. Then get things cleaned up around here. I just woke up a bit ago and I'm not really in the mood yet to start on all the picking up business. But... as soon as that docos done, I really must. Looks like a wild beast lives in here. :tongue:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thread closed... A thread can't be closed. Nooooo! I need to reply!

Stumbled upon this and in case anyone is still reading this: Unfortunately most of what is listed applied to me right now, especially Fe and Ti. Does anyone know how to get healthy?
I think that sometimes it's good to stop for a while and ask ourselves: if I wouldn't be me, but my own friend - would I let my friend to get hurt like this, or to hurt herself/himself like this? If a friend would be in this situation and ask for my advice - what would I say? How would I react?

This is an indirect way to take care of yourself and find the courage to stand up for yourself, or to change a point of view. If we'd never let somebody else to suffer like this the same standard should apply to ourselves.

Thoughts are just thoughts - not us. They come and go. They're not real and they'll pass. Doing something is real. Getting out feels real. The smell of food is real. The feeling of water on your skin is real. The touch of an animal fur. Cold wind before the storm. This is reality. It's good to trust your senses instead. Look at the sunset and try to call it ugly. I suppose it will be hard. (Unless you're for example depressed - and they just all look boring and the same to you and you probably could use some help).

Paranoid about motives of the others? Ask about them. "Why are you doing this?" It's better to get an answer than to imagine one.

Dealing with anger is easier when we become aware of it. There are simple ways to recognize it before it will cause an outbreak - like getting in touch with reactions of our bodies. Once we see it - we have a moment to figure out what to do with it.

Disclaimer: If I just said some useless shite, didn't get something, or didn't make myself clear and something is not understandable - forgive me. I'm a bit tired but I kind of just had to try to answer :)

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Do we know why this thread was closed? I was reading it earlier today.

Just curious...

~~~

Lovely day. I am tired now, though. Got most everything done that I needed to get done. (Vacuuming... no thanks to you lot!) Sat outside and enjoyed the lovely weather. Took the dogs for a walk to/around the lake. Sat outside some more...

Went to the pub for chow. Nachos and Guinness, yo. I'm stuffed like a peach orchard boar right about now.

Saw a couple friends from high school at the bar. We don't hang out anymore and haven't for a long while. Life, you know? Didn't speak to either of them. We no longer travel in the same circles and, though we never formally stopped being friends (and I still consider us to be friends), I don't have much desire to interact with them.

Friend #1... he was a year behind me in school. Married the first person he ever dated. She's a fucking worthless bitch. They've been apart and together so many times, I stopped keeping track long ago. She never worked, never took care of the kids... he did all that. He has always worked shit, low paying jobs. They've lost two houses to foreclosure...

They rent now, apparently. According to his younger brother at least. I talk to him once in a great while. The brothers no longer speak. Younger brother said that friend #1's house is a dump. One of those were you can smell the animal urine/feces from outside. The useless bitch wife doesn't do anything but lie about the house and eat... and I think friend #1 has just... given up.

Trapped in a shit life with a worthless bitch for a wife. Can't get ahead. Not even sure he tries anymore.

Friend #2... he dropped outta high school. Worked construction... still does, when he works. He was married at one time and had a couple kids... but he lost his family due to drug use. He's a meth head. He's a couple years younger than I am and looks like he's about 65. He doesn't work much, just let's his parents support him. They've bought him a house (that they pay for) and a vehicle and various other things... and all he does is take advantage of that... continues doing what he does.

Friend #1 was at the bar with his parents, minus the worthless bitch. Friend #2 was just there by himself.

They are people that settled. They have no desire or will to do better for themselves. They just accept that their lives suck and... go about their days. I really don't get that attitude.

It would suck to be them and I'm glad I'm not. I just cannot imagine going through life like that.

Speaking of #2 looking like he's 65 (#1 looks every bit his age, but not as old as #2)... I was at the convenience store across from work earlier in the week... there's an older Viet man who works in there and he was going on and on (again) about how he was old and how his body didn't work, etc.

I told him (and have told him before) that I do understand and that I'm not as young as he thinks I am. On this particular occasion, he cocked his head, looked me up and down and said "You 38 about?"

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Nooooooooo. 38 I am not about. I told him I would be 51 next month.

You 51? You 51? No! You not 51! :laughing:

I had to show him my driver's license.

You 51. You don't look like 51. You look young. You look good!

He's not the only one that thinks I'm younger than 40. It's a common misconception among my coworkers. Most of them believe me to be under 40. (Unless I've told them otherwise. More know this now than used to...)

I personally don't think I look that young. To me, I look like a 50 yr old. To others? Apparently not so much. Perhaps it's because I know? I really don't have any idea. I find it odd and somewhat amusing that people think I'm so young.

Granted, I certainly don't act like most 50 yr olds. Because I don't have to. I'm not anybody's parent. I'm not anybody's grandparent. I don't have to be the "mature adult" if I don't want to be. I can lie about all day, drinking beer and playing video games. (And I do sometimes... just not today.)

Weird shit, dude. :tongue:

Oh @Jebediah... Looking for some extra work? 'Vikings' need 8,000 extras for filming in Ireland - Newstalk

You wanna be a Viking, mate? :tongue:

·
Referral Princess
1,386 Posts
Hell yea guys! Earlier today...I downloaded (free from gracious author) on INTPs. And then I receive from a very intuitive person, another Functions book. Which is funny because in the INTP book, cognitive functions were debated against (go figure). Yeah, so last night I clearly have seen the difference between ENTP and INTP. I'm almost ashamed of how I missed that contrast until both were smack dab in my face. Wow!

I love it when I'm more insync with my intuition and the universe. Patterns fulfill my Ni's foretelling abilities. Even when I'm not trying to look for the epiphanies, but Se always creates a "circle around" back to Ni to see the fulfillment of Se.

·
Banned
1,837 Posts

I think that sometimes it's good to stop for a while and ask ourselves: if I wouldn't be me, but my own friend - would I let my friend to get hurt like this, or to hurt herself/himself like this? If a friend would be in this situation and ask for my advice - what would I say? How would I react?

This is an indirect way to take care of yourself and find the courage to stand up for yourself, or to change a point of view. If we'd never let somebody else to suffer like this the same standard should apply to ourselves.

Thoughts are just thoughts - not us. They come and go. They're not real and they'll pass. Doing something is real. Getting out feels real. The smell of food is real. The feeling of water on your skin is real. The touch of an animal fur. Cold wind before the storm. This is reality. It's good to trust your senses instead. Look at the sunset and try to call it ugly. I suppose it will be hard. (Unless you're for example depressed - and they just all look boring and the same to you and you probably could use some help).

Paranoid about motives of the others? Ask about them. "Why are you doing this?" It's better to get an answer than to imagine one.

Dealing with anger is easier when we become aware of it. There are simple ways to recognize it before it will cause an outbreak - like getting in touch with reactions of our bodies. Once we see it - we have a moment to figure out what to do with it.

Disclaimer: If I just said some useless shite, didn't get something, or didn't make myself clear and something is not understandable - forgive me. I'm a bit tired but I kind of just had to try to answer :)
Thank you, I'll keep this in mind. I'm actually going to copy and paste this into a word document and open it when I need to remember this.

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
I'd imagine if someone becomes a Christian as an adult and proclaims it to other Christians, they'd probably have a moment of clarity where they think to themselves "That's strange.. Why the hell would you want to join this crazy shit?"

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I'd imagine if someone becomes a Christian as an adult and proclaims it to other Christians, they'd probably have a moment of clarity where they think to themselves "That's strange.. Why the hell would you want to join this crazy shit?"
Whenever I find myself drifting away, I honestly find my life a lot crazier without it, a different kind of crazy.
I don't know what to think at this point in life, actually.

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
Whenever I find myself drifting away, I honestly find my life a lot crazier without it, a different kind of crazy.
I don't know what to think at this point in life, actually.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jvGdZELqKRY

Check out this guys videos!! The link I gave you is just a random one I chose, but he has a whole bunch of videos about spirituality and existence. Watch a few of them, you might find it very interesting and maybe enlightening.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
It seems internet is catalyzing the realization that you cannot own information. I like that.

Reactions: Veggie

·
MOTM Jan 2015
10,371 Posts
Ew, why did I have to wake up? I can't go back to bed.

And why do I feel like I passed out twelve lifetimes ago when in reality it was like two hours ago?

And why is all the ginger ale gone :crying:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts

Not bothered. :laughing:

Although a few of my friends were on this show. One of them apparently had a good role. He got cast as a king's guard or something so anytime the King was on screen my friend was standing close by him. Haven't watched the show so I don't know. Think one of my other friends works on the show too. I know she did some work for Game of Thrones. Not entirely sure about this one. She designs small little useless things that they put in the background. Stuff people take for granted. Not enough to get a credit on the show. She still gets bragging rights though. :wink:

17821 - 17840 of 37155 Posts