Personality Cafe banner

17961 - 17980 of 37155 Posts

·
Sharp Cutting Thing
9,675 Posts
So I have an environmental-justice story I pitched to (quelle surprise) an environmental-justice rag. The publisher liked it but couldn't run it. I immediately repitched it to an urban-policy one -- like literally carbon copied the same pitch -- and the editor there likes it, too. The problem is that the story's a bit of a square peg for that round hole. I fell asleep last night thinking about how to angle it, and I'm still not particularly sure. Hm. I should ask the guy I'm interviewing whether he has any wisdom for me.

·
Master
1,886 Posts
I go there to balance things out when I've just written/read something "heavy."
They just have a way of communicating that lightens up the mood doesn't it? I always find myself smiling when I'm over there.

On a side note, ENFPs make me feel like I'm an NF more so than being around INFJ or INFP if that makes any sense.

PS: Where are all the ENFJs?

·
Registered
472 Posts
On a side note, ENFPs make me feel like I'm an NF more so than being around INFJ or INFP if that makes any sense.
Yes, I agree. Their openness and positive aura makes it so easy for me to express myself without feeling the need to limit what I say. I feel comfortable being a sensitive/gentle man around most ENFP women.

PS: Where are all the ENFJs?
Socializing!

·
Master
1,886 Posts
Yes, I agree. Their openness and positive aura makes it so easy for me to express myself without feeling the need to limit what I say. I feel comfortable being a sensitive/gentle man around most ENFP women.
Gahhh they're so awesome for that reason alone :blushed:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Saw this just now about the latest plane crash:

With 1 in 4 people in Britain suffering a mental illness in any given year, it's obvious many of them hold down jobs and responsibilities. So why are the headlines today so insensitive and unhelpful?

Because the fucking pilot took 150 people with him, that's why.

·
Huggable Meepster ^__^
5,900 Posts
Should I pursue a career in education?

I'm nearing 30 and my BA crashed and burned. I need to reorient myself ...

Also @Mr. Meepers is going to teach physics to disadvantaged New Yorkers. :kitteh:
It could not hurt to try lol
Also if you don't mind volunteering and getting some money to pay back student loans, you may want to look up Americorps (you get to defer your loans while you volunteer and you can get $5,000 that can be applied to tuition or student loans. Also many of the people in Teach for America (TFA) and The New Teacher Project (TNTP) are able to join the Americorps for their first year or two.

Also nothing is set in stone yet, I don't know if I will be accepted into the program or not. TFA denied me after the application round, but I think it was because of my essays and TNTP New Orleans said "no" after the phone interview (although that was their final interview, TNTP New York had the inperson interview where I gave a 5 minute lesson), so I don't know if I will be accepted and I probably won't know for a few weeks lol. I probably should apply to other places at some point as well (although I think TNTP only accepts 12% of applicants, so I'm trying to take making it this far as a "win"/reason to be more confident lol).

·
Registered
6,950 Posts

With 1 in 4 people in Britain suffering a mental illness in any given year, it's obvious many of them hold down jobs and responsibilities. So why are the headlines today so insensitive and unhelpful?

I was watching this today on the News and I was thinking the same. I am not going to be sensitive on someone so selfish that decided to kill himself and taking 150 lives with him because he was so depressive and wanted to die. What the actual fuck.

·
Registered
968 Posts
It's a good skill to develop.

EDIT: I like to walk around with a clip board. It makes you look busy but you aren't doing anything.
I am so glad I'm not the only one who brainstorms ways to not work.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I talked with my brother for a long time tonight, (which disturbed my type 9 father, who needed his rest and quiet, but never mind, I rarely speak for longer times with my brother). I have a feeling my brother is an ESTP 8w9, whereas I am an INFJ 9w8. We virtually go in opposite directions, which is very cool, because we can learn a lot from each other.

For instance: he dropped out of school, went into the army, bought a car as soon as he had his drivers license and then ten cars after that (very fast ones as well) his life is very fast paced and straight forward. I was always shy, never dared to say no to anyone (until I felt someone was being hurt), went to college and did everything by the book - theoretically. He now undergoes this spiritual development (setting goals, learning how to be resilient), whereas I am trying to DO more, be more of an entrepreneur and to assert myself. Very interesting stuff.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts

I was watching this today on the News and I was thinking the same. I am not going to be sensitive on someone so selfish that decided to kill himself and taking 150 lives with him because he was so depressive and wanted to die. What the actual fuck.
I have a very low opinion of people who kill themselves... when they just kill themselves. This guy? I don't even think I have words for how I feel about that. I do, actually, but none of them seem to sufficiently describe what I feel so... yeah. Fucking dickhole.

I do feel badly for his family, though, especially if they didn't know anything was amiss. Losing a child is bad enough, without having the knowledge that he killed 150 innocents, too. That knowledge would have to be overwhelming, wouldn't it?

I am so glad I'm not the only one who brainstorms ways to not work.
It's a good skill to develop.

EDIT: I like to walk around with a clip board. It makes you look busy but you aren't doing anything.
Work smart, not hard... that's my motto. Not at all would be even better. :tongue:

I don't think the clipboard thing would work for me. They'd probably all thought I'd gone mental.

Although... that might be a good thing, depending upon how mental they thought I'd gone. Might end up napping in an I love me jacket with some fuzzy brain drugs in a nice, warm padded room. Some days that sounds pretty fucking good. :laughing:

~~~

I had a lovely city going in Skylines this morning. I started a new one. With actual planning and what not. Was just getting ready to save it and go to bed and... it crashed. Fucking hell. Lost the whole thing. And no... hadn't saved anything. A mistke I make frequently with these types of games. I get so involved, I forget to save every now and then.

And the save feature on this game is a little wonky. (Before the patch, anyway. Not sure if the patch from this morning did anything about that or not.) Not sure what the issue is, but it nearly locks up my machine every time... and the save takes far longer than it should.

Other than that, I like this game. Still finding out things. Just found out this morning how to rotate the camera so I could see what the hell I was doing. Most excellent as a top down view is better for city planning and all the other views are prettier to look at.

And... weekend! Yay! It's coldish and crappyish outside, though. Supposed to be nicer tomorrow and even better by the start of next week... but right now? Coldish and wet... doing the rain/snow mix nonsense. Nothing that sticks to the ground, where snow is concerned, but yeah... still snow.

I need to do my taxes. Still haven't done that and quickly running outta time. I'm always going to do them early and I always looks track of time and end up doing them at the last minute. Which is silly, cuz I do them myself and it's not like it's hard or anything. Or even time consuming really. I'll probably do that tomorrow. I have to hunt down all the paperwork and what not.

Ok... off to start yet another new city. And save it this time... :wink:

·
MOTM October 2013
6,423 Posts
Well, didn't pass the riding test. I'm out of practice, and my trot seat was embarrassingly bad. But, she's offered lessons to build me up to the point I can start exercise riding the ponies at the place. Now just have to figure out the financial bit...

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
All city buiding out for the moment. I did get my brand new city up to around 40,000 in population. Everything has stagnated, though. Can't seem to get anything to start moving as far as industry, commerce and human beans. I'm making money hand over fist, but even if I lower taxes to the cellar... nothing happens.

Never had this problem with SimCity. :dry:

Guess I'll read around a bit and see if there's something I'm missing. I wouldn't doubt it, honestly. The game is new to me, after all, and I just figured out a bunch of stuff this morning, soooooo...

Think I'm going to go to bed. Not that tired, though so... dunno how that's going to work out. Dunno what I'm going to do tomorrow... gonna be slightly icky outside. Probably will stay in. Will do my taxes, I suppose. Other than that... I got nothing.

My toes are cold. Just thought you should know that. :wink:

And this cuz... it's amusing as hell. I will warn you, however, that there is a lot of wretching. (So much so that I joined him after a bit... :frustrating:) So, you know... if you're quite sensative to such things, you may wanna pass.

17961 - 17980 of 37155 Posts