Personality Cafe banner

18001 - 18020 of 37155 Posts

·
MOTM October 2013
6,423 Posts
no, Fk protein. Ew, the mental image, nooo :frustrating:
Nobody Likes Me (Guess I'll Go Eat Worms) :crazy:

---

In other news, has anyone (particularly you creative types) ever had the experience of where you're lying in bed, and you suddenly get a good idea for a piece of writing, word per word, but the moment you sit up, it's gone and you can't recall how it went? A lot like forgetting a dream on waking up fully, like.

It's 1 am and the party next door is still going strong. So the above is what I'm doing with my evening. It was a darn good scene, too... :unsure:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I love this article!

Don't Worry, Be Happy: It's Now Proven That Being Optimistic Makes You More Successful

I have noticed the same thing too. Successful people often radiates a positive and happy vibes about them. People often think that successful people are happy because it's success that led to their happiness, but it's not really their success that leads to their happiness, it's actually their happy and optimistic nature that eventually led them to success.

It's rare to see a pessimistic person succeeding in life, because they are afraid of seizing opportunities, they prefer to stay in their comfort zone, hence this explains why they have difficulty succeeding in life. With no risks, there will be no gain. How can one ever succeed in life if they are afraid of taking risks?

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
I love this article!

Don't Worry, Be Happy: It's Now Proven That Being Optimistic Makes You More Successful

I have noticed the same thing too. Successful people often radiates a positive and happy vibes about them. People often think that successful people are happy because it's success that led to their happiness, but it's not really their success that leads to their happiness, it's actually their happy and optimistic nature that eventually led them to success.

It's rare to see a pessimistic person succeeding in life, because they are afraid of seizing opportunities, they prefer to stay in their comfort zone, hence this explains why they have difficulty succeeding in life. With no risks, there will be no gain. How can one ever succeed in life if they are afraid of taking risks?
Well. Maybe.

I'm neither a pessimist nor an optomist, but a realist. I think there's more success in being a realist than in being either of the other two. Pessimists won't succede for the obvious reasons... (some) optomists will be pie in the sky and not succede because their expectations aren't realistic.

And the realist just keeps plugging along until they get where they want to go. Knowing that good things can happen and so can bad, but that doesn't mean you stop attempting to progress.

I know a lot of people who I would call optomistic... but they don't do anything. They're acquiescers. They optomistically accept whatever circumstances they're in and do nothing to change them. They aren't any more successful than the pessimists.

~~~

I did virtually nothing today. And it was all good. I didn't do my taxes, either. I was going to but I slept most of the afternoon/evening away. I didn't sleep very much last night, you may (or not) recall. It caught up with me in the late afternoon/early evening after chow.

Played that damn game some more. It crashed on save again. So I dunno if it saved the game or not. I'd be ok if it didn't. I'd done some things that I'd be ok with having undone. It's ok if it saved, too. I don't care one way or the other, honestly.

Beer and nachos for chow... cuz bar nachos are the best... especially with some ice cold Guinness. Yum.

But beer and a fully belly put me down for the count. Fell asleep on the couch whilst watching more UFC stuff... next time I woke up, there was a The Walking Dead marathon in full swing. (Thanks, dvr!) I had some ice cream and started watching. Probably shouldn't have done that latter cuz I never got up off the couch until just a few minutes ago... some... five hours later. :rolleyes:

Dunno why I was rewatching them... I have them dvr'd and I've seen them all, anyway. But once I started, I couldn't stop. :dry:

Oh well. There are worse ways to pass the time, I suppose. Not less productive, but any stretch, but worse in general.

You know... most of the cast (the main group) of TWD was born when I was in high school or near to... several after I was out of high school. The exceptions being Michael Cudlitz (Abraham), Melissa McBride (Carol) and Norman Reedus (Daryl)... oh and the preacher man, too... Father Gabriel. The rest of the lot be youngsters.

I'd like to say that makes me feel old, but it doesn't really. My knees, they make me feel old. :tongue:

Debating on whether to go to bed or play that game. I'm tired, but not tired tired... but I also know if I start that game, I'll be sitting here for hours. Not that I care, really, as I have to sleep all day anyway, but... yeah.

Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I should have clarified, cheapest parts. :tongue:

I'm spending between 70-100 quid on a PSU. It's cheap compared to the CPU and GPU prices. Picking a PSU is stressful when you have no idea about them haha. I get the wattage and shit but then there's all this modular and semi-modular stuff.
Just making sure. :)
Sometimes people skimp on the PSU since it's not at the foreground of system building.

You have some sites to figure out the needed wattage. I usually look at what my GPU minimally needs and go from there. :)

Modular & Semi-modular is, afaik, just a cable type system. Modular helps reducing the amount of cables in your case, thus increasing the airflow.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Just making sure. :)
Sometimes people skimp on the PSU since it's not at the foreground of system building.

You have some sites to figure out the needed wattage. I usually look at what my GPU minimally needs and go from there. :)

Modular & Semi-modular is, afaik, just a cable type system. Modular helps reducing the amount of cables in your case, thus increasing the airflow.
My estimated wattage was somewhere around 380. I think I'm going with a 600 just to be safe. And in case I decide to overclock in future. A 500 just seemed to be cutting it too close for comfort.

·
Registered
907 Posts
In other news, has anyone (particularly you creative types) ever had the experience of where you're lying in bed, and you suddenly get a good idea for a piece of writing, word per word, but the moment you sit up, it's gone and you can't recall how it went? A lot like forgetting a dream on waking up fully, like.
Yup.

I love this article!

I thought this was common knowledge..? But then again there are an endless line of other factors that have more to say in whether a person will be "successful in life". But then again maybe some people are pessimistic because they don't consider the same things successful.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Revamped the music room yesterday. Rearranged everything, put in a table/desk/thing, acoustic foam on the walls. Now we're ready to start tracking. Just have to wait until I can afford some studio monitors before we start editing said tracks. Much excitement!

GOPR2247[1].jpg

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
About 8 of us from work planning on going to a baseball game and guess who they assume is running it? Yep, me. Walking contradiction. Quasi-leadership (without the title, of course) role at work and yet 99% of the time after work, I spend it by myself.

I confuse even myself. I do like the balance though... if it was social me 100% or get away from me 100% of the time, I would go crazy.

(and this random thought will surely ruffle feathers, but.. seeing Osama Bin Laden's name in the 'famous infj thread' gets under my skin. Yeah whatever, he might be an infj, but, it's like we glorify the POS by mentioning him. I guess that's my subconscious mind telling my scientific/psychology mind to fuck off and look at the Big Picture).

·
Registered
968 Posts
Why do I spend so much time here? :rolleyes:
Welcome to the Forum California. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!

·
Registered
968 Posts
As much as I've lightened up, I feel like I'm still way too preemptively critical of people (i.e. thinking they're not going to be interested or worth my time, so shutting them out before they even have a chance to work their way in).

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
@SoulScream you got game. I always knew your still waters were deceptive. :laughing: Between your charms and my brains we will get so laid.

Wait.

Reactions: SoulScream

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I'm such an asshole. There was a post on Reddit today about a person feeling left out of their family because they were the "outsider". All their siblings were half siblings and they had a step mother. Only related to their father. I think they were asking for advice and all I kept thinking to myself was...

Take the black. :laughing:

·
MOTM October 2013
6,423 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Random song from a friend:

do I have to surrender
to this place where nothing has meaning?
only my broken mind protects me
in a life with nothing to believe
thinking of new solutions
to achieve my own absolution
can I live in my own new dreamworld?
should I self-deceive?

Reactions: rambleonrose

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Why do I spend so much time here? :rolleyes:
Because I need minions... lots and lots of minions.

Welcome to the Forum California. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!
Shh, just let it happen. It's better that way. :proud:
Step into my parlour...

Oh, and hi everyone. :unsure:
Hey you. Visiting the old stomping grounds?

I'm such an asshole. There was a post on Reddit today about a person feeling left out of their family because they were the "outsider". All their siblings were half siblings and they had a step mother. Only related to their father. I think they were asking for advice and all I kept thinking to myself was...

Take the black. :laughing:
:laughing: Awesome.

~~~

I played that game for a long while in the early morning hours. Had a nice city going. (Still figuring things out, but getting better) And, of course, a couple hours into it... the game crashed and I'd not saved a lick of it. :angry: My own fault, as I know the game is crashy... it's been noted and no the patch didn't fix it. My issue seems to be a conflict with the video card drivers. (I'm not the only one, either) I think my device drivers are up to date. I just updated them not long ago. Will have to check them, I suppose.

It's not a huge tragedy, as I can play for hours without problem. But I do have to remember to save often and I'm bad about that. (And sometimes saving also causes a crash. The game is good, but the game be a bit buggy... hopefully more patches will address the buggy bits...)

And... today I have slept. Yay. So exciting, I know. :wink:

Doing the laundry at the moment. Also extremely exciting. And work tonight. That's like the highlight of exciting right there.

These weekends don't seem to last very damn long. :dry:

I put in for a 3 day weekend for my birthday. I may change that to a 4 day weekend. I won't have many extra days off between now and going on the trip at the end of July. And that's a long time to go to work 5 days outta the week.

I used to be able to do that, you know. Go to work 5 day outta the week and it was ok. Could do it for months and months and months at a time. I can't any more. If I have to go two months wihout an "extra" day off in there somewhere? I start feeling slightly homicidal. And it's only getting worse. I just can't do it anymore... well... I probably can, actually. But I don't want to.

And people say Get a different job if it's so bad! No. That won't work. Because I don't want to. I not only don't want to get a different job (and start all over? Ew. No.), but I don't want to work. Period. I don't. I've been working 40 hrs a week since 1982... I'm quite over it.

At the moment... I'm kinda stuck doing it, though. For a bit longer, at least. Hopefully in 5-10 yrs or so (sooner rather than later, I hope) all this work nonsense will be behind me. That's a goal and not an absolute, though... so who knows.

So, yeah. Weekends could be longer. :tongue:

18001 - 18020 of 37155 Posts