Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an INTJ male who is fascinated by INFJ females. I would appreciate any experiences INTJ males have had with INFJ females.

Reactions: chanteuse

·
Registered
265 Posts
My best life-long friend is an INFJ female (who I also dated in high school). She's currently on her second husband, so we're just friends. As for the dynamic between me and her, I've never expereinced anything like it. Of course, I can't say I've ever met/known another INFJ woman -- they're rare. She's intelligent, has great Ni, and she sticks with me for intellectual stimulation. She says I'm intelligent, but more importantly, I have unique perspectives and solid Ni. The Ni-Ni connection is gravitating, and we respect the Te/Fe diffference. That's the key -- you have to value that difference, or it might not work. Things are best between us when I remember to verbally affirm her. She really needs that stuff, and I forget to do it even though I really do admire her. They only annoyance I get from her is that she does like some cheesy things -- music, art, cliche feeler sayings, etc. I don't care for that stuff, but it seems to feed her feeler tendencies.

Otherwise, none of her romantic relationships have lasted long, and even her current marriage is on the rocks. I've never known her to remain romantically interested in a guy for more than a year or two (I've known her for 20 years). But that might be because of her problematic background/upbringing, which is specific to her and not indicative of all INFJs.

So there you go. There's my experience with ONE female INFJ. I hope it helps . . . overall, I think INFJs are great, and I wish I could meet more of them.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking for someone to bring out some of my emotions, if only slightly, while being a grounded person who understands and appreciates the introvert lifestyle. That is why I am interested in getting to know an INFJ female.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I am looking for someone to bring out some of my emotions, if only slightly, while being a grounded person who understands and appreciates the introvert lifestyle. That is why I am interested in getting to know an INFJ female.
You really want a Fe user to help you get your emotions out? Don't torture yourself.

Find yourself an ESFP / ISFP. They can help you with your weak functions.

·
Registered
217 Posts
INTJ: Ni-Te-Fi-Se
INFJ: Ni-Fe-Ti-Se

Their Fe is almost unbearable. Ti in the tertiary slot adds onto that annoyance. Ni connection is unmatched, may end making the relationship worth it (maybe.) I'd personally prefer other types as partners.

Reactions: Orgho and Aquarian

·
Registered
440 Posts
I don't know, man. INFJ tends to run kind of deep. There is a sense in which the ones I've known, because of the Ni-dom, are just as incomprehensible to me as INTJs can be to other people. Most INFJs strike me as very intriguing, but this is not the type, in my opinion, that is most likely to draw your emotions out. Instead, it's more like being presented with a semiotic puzzle game without an endgame. Which can be quite enjoyable. And the chemistry can be quite intense.

However, I've always had better luck with dating EXXP as a way of bringing emotions to the surface.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know, man. INFJ tends to run kind of deep. There is a sense in which the ones I've known, because of the Ni-dom, are just as incomprehensible to me as INTJs can be to other people. Most INFJs strike me as very intriguing, but this is not the type, in my opinion, that is most likely to draw your emotions out. Instead, it's more like being presented with a semiotic puzzle game without an endgame. Which can be quite enjoyable. And the chemistry can be quite intense.

I don't necessarily want to bring my emotions to the surface. I just want a different perspective on experiencing my emotions. What you said about an INFJ relationship is exactly what I want- an enjoyable puzzle with the possibility of intense chemistry. I cannot see my self with any type of extrovert.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cripes, man, don't do it. I've been with an INFJ on and off for almost 3 years. We have been broken up half of the time. INFJ and INTJ are Jungian Siblings which means that we both break at the same time and we don't balance each other well enough to help each other out. Too much Se when we disagree on something. She's manipulative and creates drama. I'm an insensitive jerk and supposedly narcissistic. The other half of the time, we get along totally great and it's the most intense friendship, love, and sex I've ever had. INFJs are a hard, hard road to go down and are not for a meek INTJ. Don't even think about it if you don't have a ton of relationship experience with other types.

You want your feelings to come to the surface with an INFJ, listen to some Tori Amos daily for a month to get your fix.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Oh buddy I wish you were my nieghbour. :p

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you like a challenge?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I cannot see my self with any type of extrovert.
Ah, that's the trick. You're probably confusing "extrovert" with "shallow". I did this for a long, long time until I figured out that my extreme introversion was keeping me from noticing the differences between other people. It took a long time, but then once I started comparing other people, I found the XNFP crowd. Look for the bubbly girls who are artsy, not sporty, self-aware, like to read, wear really bright colors and patterns, and who try to promote harmony in their group. Those are the deep ones. Seriously, I started wearing brighter colors and goofy hats and suddenly I had them coming out of the woodwork to complement my style of dress. If you're really hard-off for NF females, try volunteering at an animal shelter or some other charity.

For the record, the most intense and rewarding relationship I've ever had was with an INFP that I helped become even more self-aware. That was extremely awesome. But then again, I'm slightly becoming more extroverted as I get more comfortable with my skills and place in life.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have the same curiosity with INFJ males, I don't know any but I can't help but wonder what it would be like to date one. Despite the fact it may be difficult I would like to try, although I'm slightly masochistic. :tongue:
I have no personal experience with INFJ's but good luck to you, I don't however know why anyone would want to complicate romance more by making it a puzzle.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
INFJ Fe-aux won't necessarily do anything in relation to your emotions. And if it does, it might not be at all useful for you. I agree with the people in this thread who are critically questioning on this point.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the same curiosity with INFJ males, I don't know any but I can't help but wonder what it would be like to date one. Despite the fact it may be difficult, I'm slightly masochistic :tongue:
As an INTJ, I desire to put my theories about INFJs to the the test to see if they are valid and prepared for failure, just as I am when I put any other theory to the test. I would rather have a theory fail than go untested. Research and theory have to have an end point- good or bad.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts