Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i found this article on INFJ's. It's about INFJ sub-types.It was originally in the INTP forum. No, you don't have to fit into one. You can fit into all, multiple, or none.

http://personalitycafe.com/infj-articles/19817-many-faces-infj.html

Which sub-types do you think best fit you? Or do you think you aren't either of the ones that were stated?

Explain and Talk.

I am full Cobra all the way. Watch out for my cunning XD. Maybe a little bit Guru and revolutionary. Just a tiny bit.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
You can tell that the author knows his stuff by the amount of times this article pops up here. :wink:

Reactions: ertertwert

·
Registered
67 Posts
Definitely the Academic. I got mistaken for INTJ the other day, and I do find myself trying to logically justify things I'm going to say.

A lot of them fit. Not the cobra so much, though. I've done tricky things before, but it takes me a while to get to know enough about a person to pull it off.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I definitely relate to the Academic subtype. I love reason and logic. I want evidence to support my gut response. I love learning about almost anything. I think this has been heightened by being in school for so long.

I also relate to the Guru. So many of my friends come to me with their problems, and many of them ask for my input. I'm what some call a "rainy day" friend. There are people who call themselves my "friends," but I only ever see them when they need a little advice or reassurance. Strangely enough, I don't mind playing the therapist, and I find it much easier for those I'm not close to. However, it can be draining to have people I care about come to me with important, sticky, or heart-rending problems.

·
Registered
946 Posts
At various points I've been quite a few of them.

Academic I can relate to, and it can be easy to confuse me with an INTP or INTJ at times.

Cobra pops out at times, usually when under stress or I need to know something very badly. Ni just really wants to figure out what's going on, so out comes some crafty manipulation. This tends to happen a lot more when there's a lot of untrustworthy people around.

I've been in the "Destroyer of Worlds" mode for a couple short stints. Very unhealthy, but strangely compelling in a way. Trigger, again, is very bad environments.

Revolutionary... check.

SP Wannabe - go into this mode somewhat frequently.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I kinda switch off my Cobra when someone needs my help or advice, then I go into Guru mode. :proud:

Sometimes, I use my Cobra without knowing it. Which can get me into trouble, because I'm not careful.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Mixture of Academic and SP Wannabe when in more social places.

On the internet a Guru when talking to most people and as stated use my more Cobra mode when I become defensive. Some people outright attack me for no reason fall victim to it. Need to use it more as defense mechanism in the real world but I normally shy away from it when it comes down to it.

At times I feel like the Destroyer of Worlds (reminds me of Bathory) when I get extremely angry and questioning the current state of things.

·
Registered
92 Posts
hmmmm

i'd have to say i am the Gypsy King with a dash of the Method Actor.

what can i say.......i know you in an instant of meeting and can be who you will be most comfortable with :wink:

at best the Guru

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I'm not sure how accurate this thread is. The article "Many faces of the INFJ" Was not about subtypes, it was of the many persona's that an INFJ can call into being. I find that ever part of that article is within my reach, and I think that they're all within every INFJ's reach. I think this is evident by how everyone who's posted has been a mix of several.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm not sure how accurate this thread is. The article "Many faces of the INFJ" Was not about subtypes, it was of the many persona's that an INFJ can call into being. I find that ever part of that article is within my reach, and I think that they're all within every INFJ's reach. I think this is evident by how everyone who's posted has been a mix of several.
that makes sense.......cause i could be all of those in any given moment.......still maybe some of those faces are ones we wear on a more regular basis than others.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's why I was being iffy on the subtype thing. I know it wasn't saying they were "sub-types" I just couldn't think of a better name for it. As I said on the first post, you don't have to fit into any of them, or a certain one.

Or you can fit into multiple ones at any given time.

Reactions: beanz

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hmmm...I have always been the academic and the method actor (of course the people around me would never know).

Yeah, sometimes, when I'm alone I imagine myself to be intensely popular in sports, dancing, playing the piano, hence, the SP wannabe.
:happy:

·
Registered
517 Posts
guru revolutionary with an academic touch to back myself up. gota have the facts! i go into intellectual battle armed. it is all to help the people who couldn't be tought.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts