Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Do you have a hard time forgiving yourself?

2. Do you find it easy to forgive others?

3. Do you tend to overanalyze things?

4. Does it make you very sad to see people close to you fail (not in the sense that you're let down by them but more that you wish there was something you could do to help them)?

5. Do you feel more pain for others than they feel themselves?

6. Does it occur to you that you have a right to stand up for your own emotions?

7. Do you let people push you around too much? Do you care when people use you?

8. Can you tell when someone is manipulating you? How do you react inwardly and outwardly?

9. Do you come up with ideas and then explore each one very thuroughly, comparing them until you've made clear distinctions and patterns?

10. Are you bubbly? Do others think of you as an extrovert?

11. Do you get stressed when you think about the corruption that many people knowingly accept and participate in?

12. Are you eccentric?

13. How well do you tolerate small talk?

14. Do you wish people would cut to the chase or draw things out?

15. Are you energized by nature, water, wind, ect?

·
Registered
334 Posts

Yes.
EDIT: Seeing what Gnothi Seauton said, he's right, too.... I think I didn't think this through enough. I have a hard time forgiving myself if I do something wrong that affects another person. If I just let myself down, then I'm like what Gnothi Seauton said: I get back on my feet quickly and see what I can do better this time.

Yes, unless they've done something terribly, terribly wrong and offensive. (If so, they promptly get blacklisted.)

Always, always.

4. Does it make you very sad to see people close to you fail (not in the sense that you're let down by them but more that you wish there was something you could do to help them)?
Yes. Sometimes I can't accept that not everyone can be great.

Often, yes.

6. Does it occur to you that you have a right to stand up for your own emotions?
What exactly do you mean? Well, if it's what I think you mean.... I don't know about other INFJs, but I do stand up for my own emotions. If I see something that's really wrong or strikes me in any way, I jump at it.

I used to let people push me around a lot, but I recognize it now and work to prevent it. I hate being taken advantage of, even though I usually understand why the person is doing it (and sometimes, this understanding makes me feel a tinge of sympathy for them). But still, there's got to be a line drawn. I'm big on morals. It definitely hurts when people use me. A lot of times I don't even take it personally; I just distance myself from that person because their manipulation probably means that they are not good, moral people in general.

8. Can you tell when someone is manipulating you? How do you react inwardly and outwardly?
Yes, I can. I read people and their actions very well. If it's something really silly, I'll let it pass, but if it's larger, I'd confront them about it (politely, of course).

9. Do you come up with ideas and then explore each one very thoroughly, comparing them until you've made clear distinctions and patterns?
Yes. I let ideas "marinate" in my head, gathering more substance as I think about them more and so on.
EDIT: Like Gnothi Seauton, I also really enjoy the greater picture. I always search to understand the greater picture; once I understand that, I can begin to delve into the details.

When people talk to me, I am usually quite bubbly and seem extroverted. But, I think people can see me as an introvert because I always keep to myself. I feel best about myself when I'm alone, I've realized, because I'm so damn sensitive to others and even the tiniest movements.

11. Do you get stressed when you think about the corruption that many people knowingly accept and participate in?
Not so much stressed as disgusted.

12. Are you eccentric?
Yes, but I don't mind one bit! I quite love it, actually.

Hardly. I hate it, and I'm terrible at it. It strikes me as so trivial and stupid. Sometimes I can't help myself, and I jump into a deeper topic at once, and I'll scare people off.

I'm restless and rather impatient, so I guess cut to the chase. I'm the type of person that likes to "get it over with." Rip the bandaid off fast.

15. Are you energized by nature, water, wind, act?
Yes, I am. It makes me feel kind of...more pure. When I feel "pure," I feel like my wholest, simplest self, like I can make all the right decisions, optimistic.... It's a great feeling, and it's not just nature that triggers it.

I know these are short answers, but I'm in a rush. I'll likely come back and pad them a bit. I hope this helps!

·
Banned
3,725 Posts

Not really. Whenever I fail, or do something that I shouldn't have done, I'm able to really quickly pick myself up, learn from my mistakes and move on. I don't really dwell in the past.

Yes. Again, I don't dwell in the past, but I also expect others to learn from their mistakes. If I don't see growth from their part, that's when the famous "doorslam" comes into play, and I just vanish from their lives.

Everyone deserves a second chance, we're not perfect after all. But I also expect the same from others as I expect from myself, which is, to grow, learn and avoid making the same mistakes twice.

Yes, I do to a large extent. I analyze every thought, action and word that I do and say. When I'm done analyzing, I analyze some more, until I am confident that what I'm about to say and do is something I would be proud of, or at least, doesn't hurt others. However, when I'm stressed and feeling down, I find that I blurt out whatever is on my mind. Sometimes I find that sort of relieving since I'm getting out all the negativeness from my unconscious and getting deeper insights into the nature of my conflicts that otherwise would pass through my over-analyzing radar and prevent from saying exactly what is in my mind.

Of course. It makes me pretty sad. On the other hand, sometimes we must let those people close to us fail, in order for them to learn and grow by themselves. There is so much we can do until our aid becomes a hindrance. We must all walk our own path, no one else can do that for us. I'm more than happy to give advice to people close to me, but I cannot force them to do what I want, it is up to them to take or leave it.

It pains me whenever other people are in denial of what they're truly feeling. I know something is wrong, but they refuse to accept that they are angry or frustrated at their current circumstances. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do to help them until they realize that themselves.

I do stand up for my own emotions. Meaning, I take control of all the emotions that arise...well, most of the times. Anger is a hard one to deal with, but I'm becoming better at understanding the root of my anger as opposed to just letting it out which is a no-no for me.

Is this what you mean by "standing up for your emotions"?

No, I don't let other people push me. Yes, I'm sometimes too nice to a fault, but I also know when to set out my boundaries. I genuinely like helping people, but I also know when to say no to them.

Most of the times I know when someone is manipulating me. I don't react, I just talk to them directly about it, and tell them that that kind of behavior is unacceptable. I don't like people who manipulate.

9. Do you come up with ideas and then explore each one very thuroughly, comparing them until you've made clear distinctions and patterns?

Yes. I'm very specific with my ideas, and specialize solely on that idea until I understand it throughly. I don't like jumping from one idea to another without really knowing the first idea first. After I'm done understanding the first idea, then I go the next one and at the same time, I begin merging the first and second idea, sort of like a puzzle. However, I start with a grand hypothesis as to where I want this pile of information to take me, the big picture sort to speak.

I can be. In large social situations, my Fe picks up the feelings and moods of other people, and annoying and tiring as this sounds, I want everyone to feel good and have a good time, which makes me adopt a more extraverted role among the group.

Not really stressed, but it does make me suspicious of other people and alert of the intentions of others.

12. Are you eccentric?

Hmm...depends on your definition of eccentric :tongue: I don't think I am, but my family sure do thing so.

I know the importance of small talk, and sometimes I do engage in such things, but I also won't stand it for much. After a while, I want to get to more deeper discussions.

I like people cutting to the chase. I hate when people have to describe detail by detail what they're trying to say. My phone conversations rarely last more than 5 minutes, mainly because I don't let people draw out the conversation any longer. I will either land them into a soft landing(what George Carlin used to say), or tell them straight out that I have other things to do.

Yes to all of them.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Unfortunately :/

Yes and No. I guess it depends on the situation. I do try to forgive people, but in certain cases it is really hard for me.

I've been told that I do. I don't consider it over-analyzing though because it doesn't take much analyzing. It's more like it just comes intuitively, and I just go with it.

Yes especially when they become apathetic about life. I try though, but sometimes people don't want someone to project their views onto them. Everyone is so wonderful… I also think this depends on your definition of fail. When people dear to me are sad because they failed, then I'll be extremely sad for them. I just want people to be happy.

Yes! I feel more pain for others than I feel for myself as well. Although, there are some people who tend to make mountains out of mole hills and stick themselves into ruts of self-pity. I don't feel bad for them when they do this, I feel annoyed. When someone genuinely has something sad happen then I will go home and cry for them as pathetic as that sounds. If their day is completely ruined, mine will be as well. I wish I could be stronger than that, but I'm not.

I'm not sure what you mean by this question. Do you mean that I have a right to stand up for the validity of what I'm feeling? If so then yeah. I don't think people should tell me what to feel and then be upset if I don't feel it. I do realize that I have a right to feel the way I feel. As far as my ideals, then definitely yes. I stand up for what I believe in.

It depends on the gravity of the situation they're pushing me into. I would like to think that I don't let people push me around, but in all honesty, I am much more likely to stand up for someone else than I am to stand up for myself. I don’t want to disappoint people, and sometimes that means they can push me around. Yes I care when people use me. Who wouldn't care?

Peoples' attempts at manipulation are so transparent. If I'm close to them, I'll call them out on it. If I'm not then I'll just roll my eyes and they'll get the idea. Sometimes I don't react physically though and I'll just keep it bottled inside. I'll no longer trust the person, and they will essentially lose my friendship or respect. If I honestly care for them, I have found it best to talk to them about it to see why they're doing it and let them know that manipulation isn't okay.

9. Do you come up with ideas and then explore each one very thoroughly, comparing them until you've made clear distinctions and patterns?
No, it's the other way around. The pattern is already evident. I don't have to analyze certain ideas to make a pattern. It's more like the pattern is obvious, and the ideas or details aren't as important. I see the big picture/pattern and then I see the details and smaller aspects. If I have to explain the pattern to someone else, then I'll explain how the little details factor into the big picture though. Most people need a detailed explanation. I’m just not that much of a detail person I guess.

Oh, most the time, I am viewed as an introvert. If I'm in my element though, I would consider myself bubbly. If I’m around extroverts, I’ll be more introverted. If I’m around more introverts or people I’m comfortable with, I can be outgoing. In those situations, people would be surprised to find out that I am an introvert. If they were to see me in another environment, I guess they would be surprised! I like when people are comfortable, and when no one else is taking that role, I will be the person to make people comfortable.

I only get stressed when I think about the corruption that people unknowingly accept and participate in. If it's intentional, at least they have some reason they're doing it other than culture and social pressure. For instance, some people might consider other religions than their own extremely corrupt. I don’t feel like it’s my right to judge. Instead, I’ll be stressed at the person who blindly follows another’s views or someone who intentionally hurts someone else.

12. Are you eccentric?
I'm...eccentric in an unassuming way. People wouldn’t know I was eccentric unless they honestly knew me. There is some subjectivity to the term eccentric though.

I don't. I'm terrible at it, and I think it’s extremely frustrating. I think real conversations are priceless though. When I'm able to have real conversations with people, I feel very fortunate. However, I have so much respect for people who have mastered the art of small talk. I wish I could be better at it.

I wish people would just cut to the chase. If I’m comfortable with the person, and they are getting distracted or “drawing things out” I’ll give them a hand signal to speed things along.

I love nature a lot. It relaxes and inspires me.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yes, when that comes up. But to be honest, I don't do a lot that I require forgiveness from myself for. I usually think myself out of things far before I ever do them.

No. In fact, I find it extremely hard. I can hold a grudge for years. I have grudges I'm still trying to let go of from over fourteen years ago.
I have to act like I forgive before I actually do.

3. Do you tend to over-analyze things?

Everything, all the time.

4. Does it make you very sad to see people close to you fail (not in the sense that you're let down by them but more that you wish there was something you could do to help them)? Definitely. I want to rescue people. And animals...and fictional characters...

I can't honestly say I do, because I don't know how they feel. But I feel like "What you feel, I feel" is an appropriate mantra for me.

I think about it, but don't always act on it. Many times I just get angry because I feel like I should have a say, but don't want to be selfish, so don't say anything about it.

I don't know about "too much." I definitely have weak spots. I have a hard time saying "no." If people need help, I don't know how to tell them I can't help them, and I feel horrible if I can't...
I think everyone cares when they are being used, if they know it. So yes. I definitely care.

Yes. Always.
I shut off emotionally, and become defensive and stone-walled. I don't let them in and I don't let them change my opinion.
Although I may still externally comply, I'm completely withdrawn emotionally.

Erm....judging from the fact that I don't understand this question, I'm going to assume the answer is "no."
Yes, I come up with ideas...and I think about them....and that's where you lost me. :)

It very much depends on the situation. If I'm intimidated, I'm perceived as antisocial, timid, shy and passive. Sometimes "rude" is lumped in there, too.
If I'm comfortable, I'm pretty warm, friendly and talkative. People who see me in these situations are usually surprised to find out I'm an introvert, because I'm very loud and vocal when I'm really in my element.

Yes. So I try not to think about it.

12. Are you eccentric?
No. I don't know. I'm weird. Does that count?

I'm pretty much the worst...Sometimes I literally run out of small talk and just sit there gaping, or picking at my nails...
Get me with my ISTJ brother, who also hates small talk, and put us in a social situation together...and watch the awkwardness EXPLODE.

If I feel like the information you're giving is useful, I don't care how long it takes you to make your point. It's when you start rambling about nothing and going on bunny trails, or taking really long pauses that I get irritated.
But I often draw things out like crazy, and people who want short-and-to-the-chase information hurt my feelings, so this expectation is highly hypocritical.

15. Are you energized by nature, water, wind, etc?
Secretly. :) I'm embarrassed by it, honestly. But yes. If I can just go sit outside and close my eyes and listen to the water, the thunder, the rain, the wind...it's wonderful. I could do that for hours. I love keeping my windows open during thunderstorms so I can hear the sounds of the storm. If I'm going to paint, I have to do it outdoors. It's so much more inspiring.
I'm also energized by animals...specifically dogs and cats. Puppies. Puppies and cats.
And penguins.
And rabbits.

·
Registered
864 Posts

It depends on the circumstance. I usually just use my failures as learning experiences. I just try harder next time. However, if a failing of mine affected another, I will beat myself into a pulp over it, and sometimes I can't even tell if it was really 'my fault,' I tend to naturally assume it was.

Again it depends. Little things, I'm over it almost as fast as it happened. But if it's a big thing, I'll never forgive or forget.

Yes.

That kind of depends. If they brought it on themselves or I perceive them as deserving it, I'm not really that sympathetic. (I'm a tough-love kind of girl.) But when it doesn't fit in the above category, it does bother me.

If they are close to me (which is a very few select people), easily. Then again, I can never really know what they feel, so who knows.

That's a tough one. I tend to stand up for what I think are my "rights." I almost always try to suppress my emotions and just think about any given situation. No, I don't have the right to demand everyone be happy around me. Yes, I have the right to walk away and be left alone if they are antagonizing me.

No, I don't let anyone push me around. And if someone is using me, I pretty much bar them from my life indefinitely. Of course, sometimes the realizations can come slowly, but once I've 'figured it out' the game is over.

Usually, yes. Of course, there have been a few in my life that it took me a while to realize what was going on. Inwardly, if I fell for any of it, I berate myself for being so stupid. Outwardly, I just tell that person never to interact with me again.

I think yes?

It depends who you talk to. People who don't know me well wouldn't describe me as that way. But if I'm with people that know me/who are close to me, then they would probably describe me that way.

It depends on your definition of "stressed." It might disgust me, but it doesn't "stress" me unless it affects me directly.

12. Are you eccentric?

Yep.

Not well at all.

Cut to the chase. (Says the hypocritical queen of "walls of text" :p) Though, really its more a question of "what information is important and what isn't." If the entire story is relevant I don't mind, but if someone is just babbling on and on and on about a subject without cutting to the chase it annoys me.

I do love nature a lot. Being out in it helps me sort my thoughts and clear my head, and usually makes me feel a lot better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes. I'm very hard on myself.
Edit: Rethinking this, I'm very hard on myself for other people so if I was late coming home then it's more how dare I cause my family that stress not I'm worried I'm going to get punished and how I should follow the rules better. I actually forgive myself very easily because I spent a lot of time figuring out if I am in the wrong or not and If I felt I am in the wrong then I correct myself until I feel I can't do anything else and move on.
Yes. Unless they do something really horrible and then they can never be forgiven.
I over analyze things all the time. Like everything. In my free time I look up essays on people's analyzations of characters and motives and I analyze that. And Im always very careful about what I say for fear of how the person could take it (unless I'm really tired or angry) and I am constantly trying to figure out why people do and say things though it's not an enigma (because I usually figure it out) it's more about getting to know them better.
It depends but usually yes.
Sometimes. I tend to go overboard but usually I'm just a lot more angry at someone for what they did to them then they are.

... yes? Should it be understood that I don't stand up for my own emotions?

People don't push more around. Nor do they use me.

I'm actually always the one in the situation who is the one doing the manipulating and it's usually by accident and more towards I know people really well I know I can hit a nerve. In the past few years I've noticed it and tried to stop it but when I'm really angry it sometimes just comes out. I've meet others who tried to do it for me and I always figure it out almost immediately and usually I play along for fun or call them out on it. That sounds like a weird way to handle it but if someone is trying to manipulate me and I was going to do it anyway, I usually still do it. Usually because it was something I was already going to do and then next time they try it they usually don't understand why it didn't work. Expectantly I usually don't value them highly after that.
Yes. I do. All the time. I always go over everything and compare everything imaginable.

I doubt, beside my very close friends, that anyone would think I'm not a extrovert. People use to call me bubbles. But I know I am not.

Yes actually. A lot of the time.
12. Are you eccentric?
Yes I am.
I hate small talk. I tolerate it poorly.
Cut to the chase, always. But isn't that the same as the question above?
I'm energized by elements in pure forms but not nature in general if that makes sense.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Yes, though I must say it is getting easier, because I recognise the behaviour now. When you think: "Oh god, this is me not forgiving myself again!" you're a lot ahead of the spiral of "Oh god, I did it all wrong again! I'm hopeless! Pathetic!". At least I'm mindful about it, thanks to typology I guess.

I never forget it if someone harmed me or harmed someone I care about. If I understand why they did it I can accept it and move on, but forgiveness is a big and difficult word.

Yes. Hmmm, I wonder why I do that...

Very much so. It breaks my heart and being unable to help them makes it so much worse.

It's hard to compare how people experience pain, but in some cases, yes, I think I have.

Yes, and then people try to deminish that right and make my emotions seem insignificant. When people hurt me and I confront them, the most offensive thing they can do is say: "Shut up, I never meant it that way, that's just your interpretation!" My parents and my brother do this all the time, making me seem irrational. I tell them they are responsible for the effect of their own words and you can't leave everything to interpretation.

I think I'm often aware of their pushing and don't mind that much. They think they're in control, but they only have the power I gave them.

Yes, but my reaction is totally dependent on how much I like the person and what I think their scheme is.

I think so, but I don't see it that way. An idea floats to the surface, arrives at the shore, and then I inspect it carefully. But I don't have, like, a lot of ideas. I don't have to sort out the sheep from the goats

Yes, that's right. I have even been the life of some parties. With close family I am more moody and quiet, dependent of which mood I actually have.

Yes, participate especially.

12. Are you eccentric?
Supposedly.

I don't like it but I do it. Whenever I have to do that, I resort to telling funny stories and asking questions (getting boring answers).

Yes. S types especially tend to add a lot of unnessecary details when are telling you about something. I have to use all my patience not to yell "for heaven's sake get on with it!!!" at them sometimes.

Always refreshing, yes.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yes as I should know better then fucking up.

Depends on what they've done.

Very much so. To a point where's it starts to make nonsense to myself anymore.

Yes, If I could take a friends pain away I would.

I couldn't know but at times it feels like it.

Ofcourse, but then I feel like people talk to me because I seem to be so steadfast.

I'm a nice guy. I'll help someone out, but I won't be a pushover. That said with friends it's give and take.

Most of the time. When I find out that someone's doing that I gently tell them to stop. Inwardly with I ask myself why they would do such a thing.

Hard question. I do this subconsciously mostly and then I get a big picture in my head. If I want someone else to feel/see/think this picture I'll have to translate it.

Depends on who you ask and how much they have been talking to me. Basically I have no problems talking to people one on one but in groups I tend to not to talk all to much.

I do get stressed by that.

12. Are you eccentric?
Well. Yeah.

I tolerate it, I can small talk as well but that's a skill I had to learn as a salesman... Nowadays I'm content with letting people talk.

Depends on the subject, who's is talking, whenever the subject is close to heart of the speaker. I can listen to a boring subject(to me) for hours if the person talking about it really loves it.

Getting out in nature acts as a soft reset button for my mind at times. I often sit by the marina just watching the water which is relaxing. Or sitting on the mountain looking out on my town just pondering life or whatever.
Or with a book in the aforementioned places.

·
Registered
710 Posts
yes
by my definition of forgiveness It is easy for me to forgive others
just because I forgive someone does not mean that my trust in them will be automatically instated....
usually if someone wrongs me it takes forever to gain the trust back...a lot of the time no one gets it back fully depending on what they did.....but

O_O....yes...to an unhealthy point

4. Does it make you very sad to see people close to you fail (not in the sense that you're let down by them but more that you wish there was something you could do to help them)? yes...to the point where I would do all that I can to prevent them from failing, even if it means I have to hold them up.

Sometimes it may appear so...but they may feel the pain just as much or more for something and just not be showing it....

depends on the circumstance....at times....my emotions are too sensitive/irrational....and so I tend to use more logical reasoning when it comes to myself...because others will use it too

I care when people use me too much...I like to be of service/helpful....but when it gets to the point where it doesn't feel right...like I'm being taken advantage of....I will usually do something to stop it

someone else....manipulate me...ha!

9. Do you come up with ideas and then explore each one very thuroughly, comparing them until you've made clear distinctions and patterns? this question and can be taken many ways as for me it depends on the circumstance which sort of ideas are we talking about...work related ideas or random thought ideas or ideas related to things you enjoy? ....i'd say in every day life when it comes to things that interest me definitely yes....

only around very close friends do I become more of an extrovert....but they know how instantly i change when new people are around so even they do not suspect me to be an introvert

I do not allow myself to dwell on such things v.v

12. Are you eccentric?

....depends....I like to blend in when in public areas....but I am far from regular

not at all....to the point where I would rather be alone/ not engage in talk at all.

it depends what they are talking about/explaining xP

This question confuses me.....how do you become energized by something that isn't tangible...
while tying to figure out which one my mind thinks this...
does being in nature give you energy? no but it relaxes me and makes me feel good
what about water? I love water...the sound of it the way it feels the way light reflects off of it...yes water is good
same appreciation for wind as well ^_^

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I made sure not to read the other responses so it wouldn't' affect my answers lol I'll read them afterwards =3

In my youth, no... too young to screwup lol As an adult, yeah, I had a harder time forgiving myself. As a more mature adult, no not really. I forgive myself more easily now because I learned that not forgiving myself doesn't make life better. I forgive myself, but I'm still hard working.

It's easier now that I'm more mature. It really depends on what the offense is. Forgiveness comes easy to me but forgetting doesn't.
"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!"

ALL THE TIME lol

It depends. It's hard for me to watch people I love fail themselves.... since I learned awhile ago that my hopes/goals for my friends are not what they have for themselves and I have to respect and support that. Though, at the slightest inkling that they want more for their life I will encourage them like crazy. Yeah it does make me sad to see my friends get upset when they fall short of their own goals and expectations, but I'm always there to cheer them up.

I witnessed one of my friends in school shed a tear because of their grades in school, they were struggling hard. I gave them 4 hours of my time to listen, support, encourage, explain, and remind them why they will do great things in their life.

Ummm... no not really.

Yes but only in the heat of the moment. Often times after an argument, I will re-think about what went down with great remorse. I second guess myself because I accommodate others too much and I'm always concerned that "maybe I'm wrong?".

No not at all. Nobody pushes me around. I absolutely can't stand being taken advantage of and will call them out on it.

Yes I can. Inwardly I just feel disgusted by them and lose any good sentiments for them. Outwardly I stop talking or hanging around them, actively ignore them whenever possible. I don't hide the fact that I dislike their behavior, but I keep the peace whenever possible.

Umm.. well when trying to come up with unique ideas, I generally will establish a purpose that needs met. I tend to work from big picture stuff to small. As far as patterns? Uhh not really. I try to come up with as many different ideas, and then find how relevant they are to achieving the intended purpose.

I can be and have learned to be more outgoing/bubbly. Others do think of me as an extrovert especially at school. Often people on campus will assume I attend parties or go out alot. Their perception of me never matches reality.

Stressed? I dunno about stressed. I become very frustrated and hopeless though. Especially with our crumbling economy and government officials.

12. Are you eccentric?
I have always thought I was eccentric but after attending an art school I'm told that I'm TOO NORMAL! LOL Imagine that! My closes friends don't describe me as normal in anyway but acquaintances say I'm normal? Apparently not partying, doing drugs, or going out... is normal these days? LOL I always thought I was eccentric for not doing so.

Pretty well because I tend to be interested in what people have to say :] It's like opening a present, you never know what small talk will eventually reveal ;D I try to play guessing games about what a person might be like based on how they engage in small talk.

I think cutting to the chase is better... but honestly I like both. Sometimes drawing things out has it's subtle beauties that can't be understood with just a factual statement. If I'm on a date and the guy just kept 'cutting to the chase' it would seem so boring! If he kept things going while we were both having a good time talking and getting to know each other, I would like that alot more. Just depends I guess.

Strangely enough, yeah sometimes I am lol I'm actually really energized by the outdoors but it has to be very scenic areas that isn't crowded by people. If I could visit the Shire in LOTR when all the hobbits in town go of on a vacation, that would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Only on a few occasions. There's an event that happened within the last year I still tear up thinking about. I felt my actions were inappropriate despite it being the best course of action.

Unless they do something absolutely abysmal, yes. There are a few people I shut out completely and they will stay shut out even long after I'm dead.

Sometimes. I look at the big picture at times and I see so many variables that could go wrong. It's held me back a little but I'm done with it for the most part. I'm rolling the dice more often.

It does. Not much else here I can say here.

I honestly don't know. My mother and I shared a rather painful experience about 20 years ago. I was able to work through my feelings on the matter myself. However, she needed more to work it out. She's fine now but I still feel awful for her at times. I don't have the gull to ask her about it.

Yes and no. If it's congruent with my principles, I will. However, if I feel it goes against what's actually best, I'll sit it out.

I did through much of grade school. I had enough at one point and started pushing back. After that day, nope. I stand up for myself and others when need be.

As far as being used, it's disgusting. I've caught on most of the time and one time I didn't, that Fe really showed itself. She used me for free room and board then tried to get in with my family. I got her fired from her job.

I can tell when I'm being used if it's someone I don't like or trust. However, I'd be oblivious if a friend or family member did so. That's something I really don't think about though.

Outwardly. Holding things in is theorized to cause a shorter life expectancy so I'm killing two birds with one stone there. I swear I'm not evil...

Sorta. I love writing and I've had multiple ideas come in at the same time. I'll sort them out then often times, use different elements from each one to form a new idea. But for the most part, I let ideas pan out in my head to see where they might be going.

I'm very friendly around people I'm comfortable with but I say very to those I'm not. To those I don't know, it's probably obvious I'm an introvert. However, often times at work I get an idea on break and I like mulling about it the rest of the day and I usually keep to myself when I do. I'm either asked what's wrong or if I'm depressed. I hate that...

Yes. I hate "The Man" and seeing so many follow knowing they're hurting themselves in the process kills me. Some people know the right way of doing so but most don't. It's painful to watch. It really is.

12. Are you eccentric?
I'm called strange and weird on almost a daily basis. I don't mind it really.

I've made and studied flow charts for possible outcomes of small talk. It sounds sad, but I have. However, I have a certain "wit" about me. I can do an amazing job "emulating" small talk rather than actively participating in it. It drains me quite rapidly though. I barely survived a 2 minute phone call with my dad about an hour ago.

Dear god, cut to the chase! It's part of the reason I don't like small talk.

Staring at the ocean or stars reminds me of how insignificant we all are. Don't get the wrong idea here. I love the feeling. It's rather humbling and can put things in perspective. There's so much in life you can worry about. What's worth the worrying though is what matters to you and nothing else.

Reactions: KokuroNya

·
Registered
27 Posts

1. Do you have a hard time forgiving yourself? Yes

2. Do you find it easy to forgive others? Yes

3. Do you tend to overanalyze things? Yes. The tiny details, not the big things.

4. Does it make you very sad to see people close to you fail (not in the sense that you're let down by them but more that you wish there was something you could do to help them)? Generally no. I think they should man up (or woman up) and make themselves suceed!

5. Do you feel more pain for others than they feel themselves? Occasionally.

6. Does it occur to you that you have a right to stand up for your own emotions? Not as often as it should

7. Do you let people push you around too much? Do you care when people use you? Yes and it annoys me. I try to deal with it.

8. Can you tell when someone is manipulating you? How do you react inwardly and outwardly? Yes of course I can tell. Sometimes I evade it, sometimes I allow it and sometimes I play them right back.

9. Do you come up with ideas and then explore each one very thuroughly, comparing them until you've made clear distinctions and patterns? I don't think like that.

10. Are you bubbly? Do others think of you as an extrovert? Sometimes bubbly. No they don't.

11. Do you get stressed when you think about the corruption that many people knowingly accept and participate in? Not stressed. Annoyed. Disappointed.

12. Are you eccentric? People say so, but I dislike the word.

13. How well do you tolerate small talk? It depends on the talk and with whom.

14. Do you wish people would cut to the chase or draw things out? Cut to the chase.

15. Are you energized by nature, water, wind, ect? its etc and yes I am

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Only if I feel like I didn't function up to my potential on purpose.

If some genuine remorse or even re-evaluation is evident on their part, I forgive very easily.

3. Do you tend to overanalyze things? YES.

4. Does it make you very sad to see people close to you fail (not in the sense that you're let down by them but more that you wish there was something you could do to help them)? It disheartens me and I would love to have been able to be of use to them but I don't know about 'sad' per se because I recognize that failure is inevitable sooner or later. Now, if we're talking about seeing one of my good friends fail at just about anything, especially if they get physically hurt in the process, it is hysterical :laughing:. And I know they'd feel the same about me failing. :kitteh:

I think I might if they're more able to let things go than I am, which is true for a good amount of people I know, and I dwell on their situation from an outside (and possibly skewed) perspective (see #3 as well).

6. Does it occur to you that you have a right to stand up for your own emotions? Yes! :D I recognize that my emotions are always going to be there, insistent as ever, and so it is for the best that I respect and indulge or explore them.

Sort of.. when it's done in a casually. But I have extraordinary resolve when it comes to not compromising my principles/boundaries. Plus, it's really fun to see some people's reaction when they're greeted with by a stout "fuck off" and smug grin lol.

I'm typically very suspicious by nature so I think I can sense manipulation, even though I'm sure I've missed some over the years. I basically react by being verbally obstinate and firm, and "glossing over" the incident in my mind.

9. Do you come up with ideas and then explore each one very thoroughly,[sp; fixed :p] comparing them until you've made clear distinctions and patterns?
Ahh this is tricky... My ideas come rapidly and convincingly, in that I don't really ditch one that makes sense to me. To be honest, I don't think I really 'explore' them to a vast extent once they seem acceptable. Or maybe I'm just being lazy right now and don't want to think deeper into this question lol; who knows.

LOL, no! I'm only ever 'bubbly' if I'm pretty drunk and I HATE acting like that when I sober up. I'm usually "deadpan" or "emotionless" around people I'm comfortable with but I try to be more open/friendly around new people. I certainly don't usually speak enough to be considered an extrovert but I've had people mistake me for a "people person." Though I guess I sort of am people-oriented in small doses.

Yes. And then completely distressed when I remember that this ideology is glorified by many people =\.

12. Are you eccentric?
I'd probably be considered as such... I think I'm rather simple though :).

Like a tarantula laying eggs in my ear. Not well. I'm STILL no good at it.

Cut to the fricken chase!!!! Argh. It drives me insane more than anything else to have gotten a read/figured out/'beaten' any situation or encounter and having what I then consider to be lesser minded fools try to pussyfoot around objectivity for whatever lame reasons.

Yes, I do believe so. I love wind! Anywhere from a nice breeze to powerful gusts is ALWAYS welcome!

·
Registered
175 Posts
1. Do you have a hard time forgiving yourself? I think so. Although I honestly haven't been in a lot of situations where I've had to.

2. Do you find it easy to forgive others? Not at all. I hold terrible grudges. Although if I can tell the person is giving a genuine apology I usually forgive easily.

3. Do you tend to overanalyze things? All the time.

4. Does it make you very sad to see people close to you fail? Yes, or sometimes angry if they've failed at something personal.

5. Do you feel more pain for others than they feel themselves? I think I do, but I'm not positive. Some people's problems just consume me, I can't stop thinking about them, while they are seemingly unaware.

6. Does it occur to you that you have a right to stand up for your own emotions? Yes, I often do.

7. Do you let people push you around too much? Do you care when people use you? I am often pushed around. I'm too patient and meek to retaliate. It bothers me, but I'm not motivated enough to stop it from happening.

8. Can you tell when someone is manipulating you? How do you react inwardly and outwardly? Yes, inwardly I'm both infuriated because i hate being manipulated, and confused because I can't understand why anyone would be so greedy. Outwardly I just drone along.

9. Do you come up with ideas and then explore each one very thuroughly, comparing them until you've made clear distinctions and patterns? It depends. In groups where we're doing something creative, I may just spurt things out, whereas if it's something more solo I tend to dwell on the idea before I do anything else.

10. Are you bubbly? Do others think of you as an extrovert? I'm bubbly when I'm in my comfort zone or with people I'm comfortable with. I doubt people think I'm extroverted, though.

11. Do you get stressed when you think about the corruption that many people knowingly accept and participate in? Sometimes.

12. Are you eccentric? Very much so. =)

13. How well do you tolerate small talk? It drives me crazy. I usually don't know what to say, really. If it's someone that bothers me and often tries to initiate small talk I may snap back or make a snarky comment because I just get sick of it.

14. Do you wish people would cut to the chase or draw things out? Both, depending whatever it is. Personal issues, draw it out, tell me as much as you can. Technical things, just tell me the issue.

15. Are you energized by nature, water, wind, ect? Yes, I love the water and fires (bonfires or performers using fire.. Probably not like a burning house or something.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
*1. Do you have a hard time forgiving yourself?
Yes.*

I used to. Something changed. I had a dream. (Srs LOL) *Now, if I've been hurt enough, I'll no longer acknowledge their existence.

All. The. Time.

4. Does it make you very sad to see people close to you fail (not in the sense that you're let down by them but more that you wish there was something you could do to help them)? Bingo.

5. Do you feel more pain for others than they feel themselves? Sometimes it feels that way. But sometimes not.

6. Does it occur to you that you have a right to stand up for your own emotions? Yes, though sometimes it's too much of a burden to speak up. (I.E. not that big of a deal if I don't.) However, if it's to protect my loved ones or ideals then yes I will make a stand.

7. Do you let people push you around too much? Do you care when people use you? It gets annoying quickly, which passive-aggressiveness takes over. Too much and I'll snap, which generally doesn't get that far since they get the picture before hand.
If you mean exploited, then of course I care. Usually doesn't happen unless it's work related, which I make a stand. (She loathes confrontation more than me)

I always know, usually beforehand. Normally I play along for teh lulz and psyching them out in the process. I'll instantly call them out if it's against my ideals. Inwardly I enjoy myself like this ^w^ outwardly I'm like :pokerface: or appear oblivious.

9. Do you come up with ideas and then explore each one very thoroughly, comparing them until you've made clear distinctions and patterns? In a sense, yes. Yes I do. The ideas come on suddenly, almost like from my subconscious I guess.

10. Are you bubbly? Do others think of you as an extrovert? If I'm used to an area I'll out talk an extrovert. One day in high school my A.T. Field eased up, seemed like an extreme extrovert till I moved.*

11. Do you get stressed when you think about the corruption that many people knowingly accept and participate in? More like sickened, distressed, etc.

12. Are you eccentric? Ineffably so. :3

13. How well do you tolerate small talk? If I'm with a friend, totally. Otherwise, it depends on my mood and stored energy. Immediately after a workout I'm a chatter bug. Later on I'm more laid-back but still open to idle chit-chat. Now if I haven't created/done anything constructive that day...I get irritable...zone out...and it sucks...):

14. Do you wish people would cut to the chase or draw things out? Depends on my mood.
If they sense I want them to cut to the chase and begin to because of me, I'd rather them draw it out cuz I'd feel bad.

I stay indoor too much to honestly answer this. It can sure be peaceful though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If nothing could have been done about what I did, then no.

The nice way to put it: there's no way in hell and beyond.
Only if the person was my immediate family or boyfriend/husband, then I would probably forgive them. It really depends how/what they did and how bad it was. Like, my family have said things to me which I'll happily forget, but I won't forgive.

Always. There's no better way of analysing.

If they couldn't do anything about it, then yes. If, however, they were being lazy and knew what they were getting themselves into then I would be incredibly pissed off at them (that is, if they cared about the failure) but I would also try to help them get past it in anyway possible.
For example, yesterday I found out that an old "acquaintance" of mine got kicked out of college (not uni college). I don't speak to her, but I did give one of my best friends who does speak to her advice which I hope to God she'll pass on. I have my reasons for not talking to her, but in that, I don't wanna see her throw her life away so I'll happily help. (=

Definitely. Well, mainly for the insensitive types who feel no pain, full stop.

Yes, and in desperate measure, I have.

If I cared then I would do something about it, but for the most part, if it helps them then I don't mind. I just want people to be happy, really.

Yes. I back away, and cease contact.

Always. There's no better way of reaching conclusions/decisions. Although, if my intuition comes into place, then the decision usually cannot be change! o.o

Only when I'm having an interesting conversation or when I'm with my best friends. I often get "I love it when you're so giddy" from them!

Yes. It hurts my mind thinking about it.

12. Are you eccentric?
If I wasn't, I wouldn't be an INFJ.

Hate it. My INTJ friend and I have decided to act upon the philosophy: "don't talk to me if you don't have anything interesting to say."
Does that sound snobbish? Sorry. I don't mean for it to! I just become incredibly awkward in every situation which requires small talk! It's one of the main factors stopping me from wanting to socialise.

Mostly when it comes to relationships. For example, I'm currently in relationship limbo with my aforementioned INTJ friend and I really wish he would say something. I'm too scared to ask him where we stand because I fear rejection and my best friends constantly tell me to say something and that if I don't say anything now, then I'll never find out. I don't mind being in relationship limbo (for now) because I'd rather have a weird relationship with him than be rejected. My bf's don't understand the mass amounts of rejection I faced in my childhood and how much this is affecting me now. My INTJ and I have clearly expressed how we feel about each other, we just haven't gotten to the stage where we're calling the other our boy/girlfriend. Funnily, we've actually already spoken about how many kids we'll have, when we're getting married, where we'll live, and all the rest. I have no idea if he's taking that as a joke, I'm just hanging around limbo and trying my best to be impartial about it all. Sorry, I completely went off topic! When I start talking about our relationship limbo, I can't stop! It confuses the hell out of me!

Nature. Water in mass amounts scares me. I start thinking of Titanic and thinking that I'm gonna drown. Scary stuff. Though I absolutely love swimming!

·
Registered
95 Posts
yes, one of my biggest confidence wreckers is my remembering every single one of my failures/downfalls.

I try, but it's hard for me to forgive. I could hold grudges forever if I let myself.

3. Do you tend to over analyze things?
yes! Absolutely. I can think myself into a black-hole.

Sometimes, it depends.

Again, it depends. For the most part no unless I really relate to their pain or have experienced it myself before.

Yes but I doubt my own reasoning sometimes, so I'm not very confident in my opinions.

Eh. Sometimes. If I ever am being used I'm well aware of it (gotta love intuition) so I'm accepting of it, otherwise I wouldn't play into it.

Absolutely, that's why I have few friends. Whenever I see someone trying to manipulate me or another I immediately knock them down a peg on my "people to befriend" list.

I try, everything in my life has been defined. Now all that's left are the big questions that I know I'll never be able to completely clear, but that doesn't stop me from driving myself insane trying lol

Depends on my mood, for the most part no, but among close friends I could be.

It doesn't stress me out, but it does make me a bit more pessimistic about humanity as a whole.

12. Are you eccentric?
I'd say yes lol

I can't stand it! I'm horrible with small talk.

Yes. Although sometimes pleasantries are...pleasant :)

yes, I love nature :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sometimes. It depends. If it something I consider to be insignificant, I can let it go. If I consider that I made a major breach of my internal values, it is very hard

Yes, if they truly mean it.
But if someone violates a pre-set boundary, I might not. It depends on the situation.

Um yes hahah

Yes, in the sense that if they want something, and fail. But if they don't care about it, then it doesn't really matter too much to me.

Well, assuming that I can guess how much pain they feel, then yes. But really, how would I know what degree of pain a person is actually feeling...?

Don't really understand the question. But assuming that I understand it, I would say yes

Who DOESN'T care that people use them? xD
Yeah, there have been times I let people push me around. And then I went to the other extreme and became the other way. (No one crossed my boundaries, nobody ought to even think of pushing me around etc.) Now I am just trying to find a stable middle hehe

Logically, that's a paradox. But anyways, yes. It depends if I like being manipulated or not ...(don't ask xD) 99% of the time I don't. It depends on the person/situation. Inwardly, I lose all my trust in them. Outwardly I become cold to them and sometimes sarcastic

Yep. In Ni Ti fashion

um. no. hahahaha

Stressed? no. Depressed? yyyyep

12. Are you eccentric?
I think so haha. My family seems to think I am too. I've always thought I'd be the epitome of an absent-minded professor too xD

Tolerate? I don't tolerate it at all. After the "hi, how are you" bit (with acquaintances), either we get to something better or just leave it at that

CUT TO THE CHASE. who wants things "drawn out"..? However, if I need specific explanations, I appreciate it

15. Are you energized by nature, water, wind, etc?
Nature, yes. I like to just enjoy it and to relax. Take walks in the deep night, that kind of thing xD
And water, sure, it energizes me
Wind drives me crazy *_*

1 - 20 of 28 Posts