Personality Cafe banner

201 - 207 of 207 Posts

·
Archer's Master
2,308 Posts
I used to believe in such concepts when I was younger ( just up until 3 years ago lol) -- that there's someone out there specially meant for me and I just have to wait for fate to arrange the meeting. But once I got into a healthy, fulfilling relationship, I realized it's not fate or whatever mystical force there is that's gonna make the connection happen and make it magically last. If I want the relationship to last,then that's gonna be up to me and my partner.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used to believe in such concepts when I was younger ( just up until 3 years ago lol) -- that there's someone out there specially meant for me and I just have to wait for fate to arrange the meeting. But once I got into a healthy, fulfilling relationship, I realized it's not fate or whatever mystical force there is that's gonna make the connection happen and make it magically last. If I want the relationship to last,then that's gonna be up to me and my partner.
Very well said, good for you

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
2,936 Posts
The one / soul mate?: I've always thought each relationship was "the one" or like my soul mate, but clearly wasn't the case, so I don't believe in that concept anymore. I might still call a partner that though because I find it to be a cute gesture that expresses deep love all the same.

Settling?: That's just desiring the relationship status more than the actual person. I don't like the sound of that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used feel that there was one special person that was put on this earth especially for me....But I was soooo wrong! Turns out that there are many people that could qualify as long as you find common ground and have a physical attraction, its not as hard to mesh with someone as I once thought or as some people may think. Also, opposites may attract or so the saying goes, and may be true...but only for a minute! After which, you just want to kill eachother so always find someone that shares much with you...Just saying!

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,107 Posts
I don't settle. I think there are several people on this planet that you could match very well with. It's about timing and compatibility. The one that sticks is someone that has gained a lot of trust and it's not about who can be there when you're an amazing shining example of the human race. It's the person that saw you at your lowest point and said not today, take my hand and hold on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I tried a few relationships where I accepted that certain things weren't exactly as they should, because I loved certain other aspects about my partner so much that I figured "what the heck".

In my experience, this always backfires in the long run. You may end up staying in a relationship for years, but your relationship will either degrade into what's little more than friendship or become so toxic it eventually explodes in a manner that's excruciatingly painful for both parties involved, especially if it took years to get there.

While there's probably not a "perfect" partner for us out there, in my experience you need to make sure to cover at least all the "basics". There as to be enough physical attraction, the emotional connection needs to be strong enough, the intellectual connection needs to be strong enough, you should have roughly the same intelligence, you need to have at least some shared interests, and your way of life needs to be similar enough to be able to enjoy the same things and adjust to each other's live organically. And there may be a few others things I can't think of right now.

The more compromises you make on these "basics", the more likely at least one of you will end up getting frustrated, and the harder it will become to avoid your relationship popping like a bubble.

201 - 207 of 207 Posts