Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The qualities of the Royal Angelfish reminds of the qualities of an INFJ, who can be very sensitive to disturbances in its surroundings. The Wikipedia article describing the Royal Angelfish mentions how the species could starve itself to death when placed in a hostile environment with more aggressive fish, while there is no problem with feeding when in a more docile environment. Also, if the fish is not handled with care, it could also die in the aquarium. The blue-and-yellow color patterns is similar to that of Flounder, a fish character from "The Little Mermaid" who supports Ariel in her endeavors on becoming a human. This concept of a support or protector role also resonates with the INFJ.

Thank you for reading, and you are welcome to discuss the link between Royal Angelfish and INFJ personality type.

Royal Angelfish video:

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any comment or question is fine, if you are interested in this topic. You can even discuss animals and personality types.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The qualities of the Royal Angelfish reminds of the qualities of an INFJ, who can be very sensitive to disturbances in its surroundings. The Wikipedia article describing the Royal Angelfish mentions how the species could starve itself to death when placed in a hostile environment with more aggressive fish, while there is no problem with feeding when in a more docile environment. Also, if the fish is not handled with care, it could also die in the aquarium. The blue-and-yellow color patterns is similar to that of Flounder, a fish character from "The Little Mermaid" who supports Ariel in her endeavors of becoming a human. This concept of a support or protector role also resonates with the INFJ.
That is... an interesting association. It is true that INFJs are very sensitive to their environment as some INFJs report that they get physically sick during conflicts even. However, if you say that INFJs succumb to the hostile environment and just die away, I would disagree. Even with their sensitivity, INFJs are usually very strong, independent people; the ones to rise above the situation and straighten things out, all in good time and in their own pace.

p.s.: How do I put this..., when you compare people to a "lower" animal, the people usually don't like it so much. I, for one, felt weird when that fish in the video was nonchalantly feeding off of the reefs (which makes me feel like I'm the one feeding off of that damn rock, haha). I'm just sayin', dude. Overall, it was a very novel comparison.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oddly enough, I happened upon this article earlier.
What's Your Animal Personality Type?

I really don't mean to hijack the thread!
Thank you so much for sharing that article. The animal pictures, with the relationships between the animals and specific MBTI personality types, are very interesting.

That is... an interesting association. It is true that INFJs are very sensitive to their environment as some INFJs report that they get physically sick during conflicts even. However, if you say that INFJs succumb to the hostile environment and just die away, I would disagree. Even with their sensitivity, INFJs are usually very strong, independent people; the ones to rise above the situation and straighten things out, all in good time and in their own pace.

p.s.: How do I put this..., when you compare people to a "lower" animal, the people usually don't like it so much. I, for one, felt weird when that fish in the video was nonchalantly feeding off of the reefs (which makes me feel like I'm the one feeding off of that damn rock, haha). I'm just sayin', dude. Overall, it was a very novel comparison.
Thank you for the interesting input, because "sensitivity" really is a relative term, and the Royal appears to have heightened sensitivity for the environment which can also be associated with reported qualities for an INFJ.

It is humorous how you mention feeling like "feeding off of the reefs" when the fish did it in the video, which just goes to show how much people can relate to "lower animals" on a personal level. Rather than thinking a person is compared to a fish, you can realize how the fish can be so similar to a person.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts