Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a "carckpot theory". I did not research this. I had a "flash of insight" when I woke up.

Fe gives one the ablity to care; Ni makes it look like one doesn't. The INFJ wants his or her ideas to be useful to other people. If they think that nobody cares, then they will believe that the idea was a waste of the Ni's time. They will think that they are a useless human being, because their humanitarian views are not helpful to anybody.

I saw a thread in-which an INTJ said to an INFJ, "Perfection is just a T away." I actually think it would be better if we became less of an Ni. Helping and caring about others is good, but we want to do so with the ideas that are in our heads. We want people to think over what we say and then tell us if it was helpful. I wonder, assuming that anything I just said has merit, if we can really help people with theories- especially Se's. Maybe we need to do more "hands-on" type stuff and stop trying to get inside everyone else's mind.

Please let me know if this theory I had is in anyway useful. If I come back to this thread and see 50 views and 0 replies, I will take it out on myself for being useless.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have some questions, what would "hands on" look like? Are talking and expressing our thoughts not actions? (not to be condescending at all :p)

Anyway I think you do have some good points, some people don't like us getting into their head, and I don't think anyone likes their mind being read by a stranger so easily (which often turns into a problem for me).

·
Registered
630 Posts
I don't believe any thread from this forum is useless, especially in the NF section.

That INTJ sentence is one of the reasons why I usually find myself in conflict with NTs. Perfection is right here, not a 't' or any other step away. We do what we know best, we are not trying to get inside someone's head, we actually get in there and sometimes it is so effortless we may not even become conscious of it. Trying to push ahead other functions is like punching ourselves in the face: it is meaningless and painful. I tend to give others lots of theories but there wouldn't be any to share in case my Ni is missing.
Nowadays, communication is the problem: many people take into account the others opinions, they only lack the strength to admit it.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Yeah, I can understand from an INTJ's perspective why they would think they are perfect - they simply operate on a higher level than most people are capable of. However, I've lived with an INTJ and sometimes I would come to conclusions that would baffle him as to how I arrived there, only to be proven correct later. I think if any personality type was acting out their "best", then that would be "perfect."

·
Registered
801 Posts
T and F's have different levels of "knowing". I like the fact as an INFJ I can learn or act on a more personal level than an INTJ might. As far as being hands-on, I think we need to expand into our own sense of self. We look and study others to gain understanding but there's so much to be found and understood about ourselves. Once we find the balance between knowing ourselves and knowing others it lessens our perceived intensity. It's great when an INFJ can experiment with being more like an ENFJ, INTJ or even an ENTJ. It may be a stretch (a scary one at that) but I know I've learned so much about why people are the way they are and in the process I've learned more about me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It's great when an INFJ can experiment with being more like an ENFJ, INTJ or even an ENTJ. It may be a stretch (a scary one at that) but I know I've learned so much about why people are the way they are and in the process I've learned more about me.
^What she said. I have often made myself exercise other functions that I am not as comfortable with. Particularly Ne, Te, and Fi.

I have to utilise Ne especially when I think there is no other way to get others to accept my idea; it allows others the opportunity to share _their_ ideas, along with me sharing mine, and oftentimes they will realize after a good brainstorming session, that my idea really does have merit after all.

It is hard, though.

Reactions: Daveman

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I think it is not problem of Ni but undernourishment of Fe leading to Fe frustration. Fe makes you feel valuable when you are part of network of other people, If you are not it makes you feel worthless. When we spend a lot of time in introverted state, secluded from other people, it is our Ni and Ti that get stimulated and put into use, but Fe isn't satisfied (and neither is Se). The extraverted functions need input from outside world. But if you reduce the outside stimuli to nothing, you will naturally frustrate these functions and inside your head it will translate to feeling bad (well some shade of bad .. worthless, inefficient, shallow, stagnating, any one of those feel-bad adjectives). Best position in life for INFJ is where you can satisfy all of your main functions, but at least the top 3: Ni, Fe, Ti.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts