Personality Cafe banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Although I wouldn't recommend anyone to decide their type purely based off of physical impressions, I do believe the INFJ and INFP are quite different in their expressions, body language and style of communication. This could be used as a good deciding reason for an INFX to finalise their type. So this thread is a collection of videos of INFJs and INFPs for you to look through and analyse to see if you can relate to one type over the other. Also in some videos you may relate to what they are actually saying too. So here they are-

INFJ

INFJ female talks about being an INFJ

INFJ male gets interviewed

INFJ female talks about INTJs

INFJ male eats chicken nuggets

INFJ male talks about how he found out he was INFJ

INFJ female talks about how she's an INFJ

INFJ female talks about stuff and candy

INFJ female gets interviewed on skype

INFJ interviews an INFJ

INFJ male interviewed (b&w)

INFP

INFP male at a park

INFP female talks about life as an INFP

INFP male talks about life as an INFP

INFP female skype interview

INFP female talks in a car in the snow

INFP male with a beard reflects

INFP male interviewed about love

INFP female in a car talks about stuff

INFP female talks about her personality

INFP male interviewed (b&w)

Comparisons

INFP male (left) and and INFJ female (right) actors have an interview

INFJ (left) and INFP (middle) interviewed by ENFJ (right) (all male)

INFP (right) and INFJ (left) interact (both female)

INFP (left) and INFJ (right) brothers discuss their types

INFJ (left) interviews INFP (right) (both female)

INFJ male (left) and INFP female (right) talk on a brown couch

And that's all I got, please give me your thoughts! :)

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
So, uhm, do you think there's a general difference in body language and how the types come across?

1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, uhm, do you think there's a general difference in body language and how the types come across?
I'm not sure how specific your question was, but if you mean all the types, then yes I definitely do.

If you meant INFP and INFJ, then yes to that also! INFJs are more deliberate with their body language, the way they talk is more structured, they seem to know exactly the point they're going to raise before they speak. INFP is clumsy and unsure with their body language, and they talk in unstructured... ways. INFJs are better at getting the stuff in their mind out basically. I heard it described as INFPs seem to describe their thoughts to themselves first to try and make sense of it, and I think that seems true.

INFJs are more directly engaging when they communicate, always looking for connection with the other person with friendly eye contact and big smiles. INFPs are more subtly friendly, they have a more inward energy with a gentle awkwardness and shy smiles.

Watch the videos (especially the comparisons) you'll get what I mean

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I'm not sure how specific your question was, but if you mean all the types, then yes I definitely do.

If you meant INFP and INFJ, then yes to that also! INFJs are more deliberate with their body language, the way they talk is more structured, they seem to know exactly the point they're going to raise before they speak. INFP is clumsy and unsure with their body language, and they talk in unstructured... ways. INFJs are better at getting the stuff in their mind out basically. I heard it described as INFPs seem to describe their thoughts to themselves first to try and make sense of it, and I think that seems true.

INFJs are more directly engaging when they communicate, always looking for connection with the other person with friendly eye contact and big smiles. INFPs are more subtly friendly, they have a more inward energy with a gentle awkwardness and shy smiles.

Watch the videos (especially the comparisons) you'll get what I mean
I haven't watched all the videos, but I do think that the INFPs tend to look away a lot more while INFJs look directly at the camera a lot. I think that's typical of IPs. On the other hand I think that most of the INFPs just haven't figured out exactly what to talk about. They sort of make it up as they go along.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts