Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i personally think the world is a very chaotic place
and i really admire and want to model the qualities of people that are very specific, refined at once intense emotionally in terms of what they project out to this world but at once very intuitive and not easily have their mind disrupted by the chaos out there?

for example, the element of mine that i struggle mostly with is ZERO flexibility in terms of methodical approach towards things and this is my weakest point. i am terrible with variables, and as much as i want to be i am not fluid at all. i think it has something to do with lack of processing power/capacity in my brain

for example when i need to do things i have to make absolutely sure that i insure that there is no variables / obstacles involved to achieve a certain mission - so i check the canvas first, the foundation first

when i try to harvest ideas after them being gathered from contacting different things in the outside world
i become very rigid..
so i need to get rid of everything in my room, just keep the things to an extreme minimum to minimise obstacles
and need to be hyper-organised to be mentally free.. otherwise i am terrible at keeping my mentality, mental picture consistent, refined or pure enough.. and when i get the result this way i get the best result but it really exhausts me

and when i see people who can very easily automatically manage things.. or even manage to get a very abstract, refined, at once specific and intense ideas intuitively in the midst of chaos.. people who can almost automatically mask out the NOISES and not neccessarily have that obstruct their mental processes.. i was wondering whether that is the difference between INFP vs INFJ?

because J means judging and P seems like letting go for me
and i think my problem is that because i am more judgemental with feelings so my mental process collapses much more easily?
INFP has the same sort of introvert depth and reflection, feelings, intuition but are less susceptible to the conflicts with the outside world? they let go more? so it is somehow easier for them to maintain focus and still bringout something that is very personal, inspired, mental... and so on?

and since i am J my mental processes is very vulnerable unless i find a physical solution to manage my emotions? otherwise the whole thing (believe me no matter how hard or well somethings have been building up and others have been agreeing with that my mental process collapses very easily against my will or trying or discipline you see)

this inability to parallelise both multi-tasking and focusing and resource management!
the fragility of mental process, mental-resource-management.

is it something to do with INFJ mechanism? or just the trick of my brain that really annoys me?

i really want to be specific
and i have a goal in life that i am dying to achieve
it's been going well so far but military conscription shattered me from the roots and now that i am about to harvest my hard efforts, they are at the risk of damage.. and i am paranoid with that.. so i guess i am leaving to canada .. but it really sucks. having to leave to a brand new country when i was about to get a further grip on something.. go up a ladder of what i've been passionate about over nearly a decade..
and i don't want to be organised but if i don't i lose focus very easily
and even writing this is very difficult for me

my problem is that i know what i want, i can definately tell how to tell if it works or not, and how each bits should work.. but when bringing them together, when gluing them together, unless i completly block other resources and completely focus on that and suffer and keep doing it, they collapse and i have to start from ground zero somehow.. and this annoys me a lot!

so i was wondering.. how i could model or train or discipline myself or have a way to stay true to myself equally fierecely but put my INFJ ness to more of a natural use? it's almost as if i have an INFP goal with the eye and value of an INFJ and it is too much to handle you see.. or maybe if i wanted depth more.. maybe it is the question of pacing..

my biggest problem is that even when there is a tiniest bit of noise in my consciousness or emotion my entire mental process starts to degrade and deteriate and i lose focus, clarity, pace, calmness, process and so on and either become completely depressed suicidal or resisting it completely by becoming crazy angry explosive

i think INFPs have faster pace or stabler pace
but INFJ pace requires more stable-ness somehow?

what's your opinion on this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i can't tell you how much i feel like that.

this morning, i woke up, allotted a specific amount of time for a certain task, but became frustrated because my room was not in order. the fact that i couldn't immediately find the things i needed to complete the task turned my mind towards other tasks rather than the task at hand. it's a butterfly effect, or rather a downward spiral.

usually what ends up happening is that i also feel overwhelmed. so i go make coffee and attempt to complete a task when there is just a large list of other more important tasks i feel like i should be doing. it's so hard to prioritize. then i even feel more overwhelmed and just lay on the ground and close my eyes. then i just feel like shit. then i get up to get my coffee. go outside. smoke a cigarette. fucking coffee's cold.

i pour my coffee out. i notice more things that need to be done. get more overwhelmed. then i noticed i missed an appointment.

i really feel you on the "gluing my resources" problem. the tasks are all very simple, it's just i can't play the music as well as i can write it.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
wowee this post was long

i think it depends on the individual person. i'm very organized and disciplined , but i've also met infps that were very organized , too. though we differed in our decision making processes.

i started a thread while ago about INFJ daily routines. i think that speaks a great deal about the structure we need.:crazy:

here is what i do when i have a major goal, and i hope this can help: i jump around different locations to work on small tasks. libraries, in between classes in classrooms, on the bus, anywhere. i take care of all the small things, in different places with a time sensitivity, because i know i have like 45 minutes to finish up the tasks. then when i get home, i have unrestricted, uninterrupted time to work on the major goal for hours at a time. i block off everything and focus on that one goal, since i can have the peace of mind that all my tasks and chores are done.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
I don't think J means organization (I haven't read your entire post). I think J means closure. INFJ means that you need closure on the OUTSIDE world. We all need closure but in different areas in our life. Organization? Like literal logical organization? I'd say INFP's because our extroverted judging function is Te and it gets it's information from Si. INFJ only need to have closure with other peoples feelings. They need to know that people are Ok and that they are doing something for other people that will benefit the greater good or whatever Fe likes to have closure on.

INFJ=Ni Fe Ti Se
INFP=Fi Ne Si Te

INFJ's don't even need THAT much closure on the outside world in general because they are so busy perceiving themselves.... so busy making connections..... so busy listening to that voice inside their heads that won't shut up. I'm saying this from interviewing my best friend who is an INFJ. I don't have that voice in my head personally.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Organization? Like literal logical organization? I'd say INFP's because our extroverted judging function is Te and it gets it's information from Si. INFJ only need to have closure with other peoples feelings. They need to know that people are Ok and that they are doing something for other people that will benefit the greater good or whatever Fe likes to have closure on.
Not going off of the actual definition of judging, etc....have you read the 'Things an INFP will never hear?' thread? Probably the number one thing I read over there was 'Gosh your place is so neat and clean'. :wink: LOL

I know I cannot...absolutely cannot function without things a particular way around me, and at least for me that means pretty clean & organize. It's almost like it makes things clean and organize within my head.

When I get SUPER stressed or overwhelmed with things, even a dirty sock on the floor will beg me to walk over and put it in the dirty clothes hamper. Once during an episode of this, my mom (messy person that she can be - no judgement, just a statement) came into my apartment and said, OMG! This makes a hospital look filthy!

I've gotten better, in my quest for all the chores to be done so I can relax enough to do other things I need to do, I've had to actually set a timer. I get 1 hour to get all the chores I can get done, done. Then the annoying buzzer goes off & I have to stop. Then I tell myself I get another hour tomorrow...if I'm a good girl. :wink:

Reactions: SarahWilliams

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I get all anal if my kitchen counter is not lean when I get home at night and if my bed is not made in the morning when I leave. I find it very hard to get my job going and my job done. No matter what it is, no matter if its just cooking breakfast, I have to have a clean counter to start and I have to have my dishes rinsed and put in the dihswasher right away. I though maybe I was OCD or something, but I think its a very strong J preference.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I get all anal if my kitchen counter is not lean when I get home at night and if my bed is not made in the morning when I leave. I find it very hard to get my job going and my job done. No matter what it is, no matter if its just cooking breakfast, I have to have a clean counter to start and I have to have my dishes rinsed and put in the dihswasher right away. I though maybe I was OCD or something, but I think its a very strong J preference.
ummm we would be the best roomates ever. no joke.

im always the 'clean one' regardless of who i live with. luckily it's taught me how to deal with conflict, hahaha.

everyone always thinks my perfectionism is a good quality. i don't think anyone understands it doesn't allow you to wind down - ever. sitting still isn't an option when there are dirty dishes!! :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
everyone always thinks my perfectionism is a good quality. i don't think anyone understands it doesn't allow you to wind down - ever. sitting still isn't an option when there are dirty dishes!! :)
Oh tell me about it! Ev. er.

I came home from work early the other day, & without even thinking about it I started rinsing off dishes to put in the dishwasher before I went to lay down.

I snapped out of it when I heard from the living room, "Mom?! Seriously?! Dishes? Shouldn't you be laying down or something?"

I want to say his reason was due to concern for my health, but no. The sound was disturbing his Xbox live experience. :crazy:

Reactions: SarahWilliams
1 - 9 of 9 Posts