Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For years I've thought that I was an INFJ. I've taken numerous online quizzes which have always confirmed this, and for the most part I've related to the cognitive functions and description of the INFJ. But recently I've been noticing more and more that there's some major parts of the INFJ that I don't relate to so I went back to the drawing board. INTJ is the other type that I've landed on as a possibility for my type.

So to wrap this up I'm mainly asking for you to compare and contrast the two types. Much Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
INTP 874 sx/sp VLEF
16,460 Posts
I go back and forth between the two in my head for myself as well. There have been other threads made for this comparison before. I think I even made one.

·
Registered
INTJ
478 Posts
Well INFJ is kind of like you have a need for other people to like and admire you, and yet you tend to be critical of yourself. While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able compensate for them. You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage. At times you are extroverted, affable, and sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, and reserved. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations

But INTJ is more like you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You also pride yourself as an independent thinker; and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. But you have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside. Some of your aspirations tend to be rather unrealistic.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Each type's auxiliary function is the other type's blindspot. Fe/Te.

I would expect the INFJ to be incredibly good at reading people, sensitive to emotional energies and moods. More affirming, great at expressing emotional states, has strong extroverted appearance in social situations.

Also expect INFJs to be uncertain in dealing with lots of factual info, statistics, etc. Probably not going to draw on facts to support their opinions. Probably not going to focus on optimizing and pushing for efficiencies.

INTJs more likely to base their arguments/opinions with facts and data. Keen eye for criticism and inefficiencies. Probably can't express themselves emotionally very well. Probably seen as more asocial or socially uncomfortable, not participating much in random jovial back and forths. Harsher in judgments and communication.

If you can back up your opinions with figures and proofs or whatever very readily, probably not INFJ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts