Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
Awww, GreenCoyote you're awesome.

Do you find, like me, that by helping others to smile, you start to smile yourself? :laughing:

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
thats basically it.

I wrote it in another post and feel it is a very accurate one liner for our type.

so I thought I would share.:crazy:
GreenCoyote - I was having my weekly sit down and chill with my INFJ girl friend with Tea last Thursday. I realize now that I have broken through some barriers with her, and I am now talking more openly about my issues, and we work together on some areas. I am slightly uncomfortable with this, because she is likely doing the INFJ thing; where she is focusing the discussion on me, she speaks less of herself - but also, I told her I want to have the chance too to help her, as she is helping me! and I realized, I needed to make her smile too, that would make me happier. She said that I am helping her in many ways also, I suppose she introspects on our discussions throughout the week, until we meet again. We do lots of challenges together, etc. and make intense discussions over Tea. I just thought to write - because this statement: 'We don't need to smile, we need YOU to smile' seems very true.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Awww, GreenCoyote you're awesome.

Do you find, like me, that by helping others to smile, you start to smile yourself? :laughing:
i smile because of that

also if someone tells me to smile for a photo is super hard to do without it looking really off. If the environment is enjoyably to me and entertaining to me my smile comes out too

·
Registered
141 Posts
i smile because of that

also if someone tells me to smile for a photo is super hard to do without it looking really off. If the environment is enjoyably to me and entertaining to me my smile comes out too
I find it really hard to smile for photos also. School photos always come out and I thought I smiled and it turns out I did not, then some years I will show a smile in the photos. I guess it all depends on the environment of the photo takeing like you said. I can not just produce a good looking smile it has to come from other people smiling and having fun.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I forget who uses this OP as their Sig here on PerC. Every time I see the quote it makes me smile.
So kudos to your Green for continuously making me SMILE and to whom ever used this as their Sig :happy:
When I remember or see it again I'll be back to give you props.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
That is really true. I was walking around yesterday and I definitely wasn't smiling but I saw a few people that were genuinely smiling and having a good time and that was enough to make me warm inside.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I suppose she introspects on our discussions throughout the week, until we meet again.

Do all INFJ's do this? I thought I was psychotic for a while because when I got into adulthood and started having longer and longer associations with a wider array of people, so many people were shocked that I would remember the entirety of our previous conversations, file them away, and use those conversations for references. They never understood that I would listen intensely in conversations to what people said and then think about those contributions and ponder the reality of my own reactions.

Do you find yourself being careful about voicing your knee-jerk opinions on anything until you've given it serious thought, as well?

Just curious.

Reactions: Female INFJ

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Yeah, me and my friend would be talking about things in person. There would be many times when she would say "What do you think about this?" And I'd reply saying that it would take me a few days to think about it. And it's true. During that time I didn't actively think about but sometime in the next few days or week the answer would just pop into my head and I'd randomly bring up the subject and answer her question.
And most of the time I record everyone's conversation in my head like how you were saying. It can be brought up later for reference, hahaha, how weird.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I have a good INFJ friend, and this is totally true for her. She's extremely accommodating and always asks if I'm alright, and she constantly wants to make sure that I'm happy. And if I'm not...she does everything she can to make it better!

Of course, as an ISFJ, I'm a good bit like that too, though maybe not as much as she is. So sometimes she gets mad at me for not telling her what I really want because I'm trying to do what she wants instead! We sometimes have tiny little disagreements about that. :)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Do all INFJ's do this? I thought I was psychotic for a while because when I got into adulthood and started having longer and longer associations with a wider array of people, so many people were shocked that I would remember the entirety of our previous conversations, file them away, and use those conversations for references. They never understood that I would listen intensely in conversations to what people said and then think about those contributions and ponder the reality of my own reactions.

Do you find yourself being careful about voicing your knee-jerk opinions on anything until you've given it serious thought, as well?

Just curious.

I do this all the time. Somebody may ask me a question or bring something up. And months later they bring the question back up and I pick it back up like it way yesterday. This also a good tool to use in debate's especially online since they get dragged out forever due to them being online. Another reason we are good at catching lie's because we remember what the people say even if they don't.
I love Ni at work especially Ni/Ti combo.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts

Just curious.

Anahata - Hello, sorry I missed this message. This Thread makes me smile a little, because it says 'smile' twice in the title, and I guess I have a natural instinct to smile. This is a good quality to have, it is good to remember all kinds of details, but I would only bring them up on odd occasions. I don't let people see that 'library' side of me, because people sometimes interpret it as 'you have been thinking of them too much' and it may cause some discomfort for some people. But that is not the case, I can remember many details, just if they are mentioned once. I remember birthdays, allergies, a person's likes and dislikes. The only thing that would distort this capability is if I am mentally distracted, or feeling blue.

Most things said are better left unsaid. It is good to 'think' before you say anything, to find the best way to contribute to a situation. Yes, I would in most cases not 'react' I would give thought as to the outcome before speaking my mind. Yet, at the same time, sometimes I do the other thing - where I try to set out some ideas, and let others respond, openly. Sometimes an idea surfaces in my mind, and I don't know why it has done that, and I need feedback from those I trust. But in most cases, it is good to be cautious with communication. Just interact in ways that benefit yourself and others around you, I find that is a good way to go about discussions.

What is psychotic about having longer associations with an array of people? I think that is a great thing, as long as you are having healthy relationships with these people, why not? I find people often come and go, and that hurts me, especially the people who have promised more in the initial stages of a friendship. If you can continue to grow healthy friendships / relationships then do it. One can never have enough good people around them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts