Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a hard time trusting my intuition at times lately, as fear and worry have my wires crossed. I am not sure if it really is my intuition in regards to the future of a friendship, or fear clouding my view. Because of it I am not sure which way to go - my intuition usually guides me but I am not sure what to do in this situation. Anyone else have this problem? What blocks your intuition? How do you get free of the blockage? Thanks for any input:confused:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Usually, I attribute this, in terms of interaction, to someone throwing up a "wall". I pride myself on my ability to read people and trust what my intuition tells me, however there are times that some people are extremely hard to read or understand. To be quite frank, I find this extremely attractive because it peeks my curiosity. Also, I would love to learn to how to block "readers", I am fairly easy to read. I don't have a problem with it, but sometimes its fun to keep people guessing.

As far as decision making goes, maybe you're just over-thinking a situation? Or perhaps there isn't enough information to make an accurate "reading" for a particular situation. Just throwing out some ideas. Good luck dude.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Whenever I feel like my intuition is being "blocked" it always seems to be whenever I let my feelings cloud the view of my intuition. If I am content and perfectly balance my feelings then my intuition is a lot more clear.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as decision making goes, maybe you're just over-thinking a situation? Or perhaps there isn't enough information to make an accurate "reading" for a particular situation.

Both of those sound right in this situation. This is uncharted territory for me, and that makes me nervous. I need to trust that the right answer will come in time, but can I be open to it? I am often afraid that the answer will be a hard pill to swallow.
:frustrating:

·
Registered
39 Posts

Both of those sound right in this situation. This is uncharted territory for me, and that makes me nervous. I need to trust that the right answer will come in time, but can I be open to it? I am often afraid that the answer will be a hard pill to swallow.
:frustrating:

I've found in the past with several people that how I wanted to feel about them took over my "gut instinct" about them. Eventually I found my instincts always prevailed (to my demise). Our instincts are uncannily accurate...trust them (even if it is a lingering one).

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Sensors, they are sumptuous to the growth of intuition. Despite being friends with them, they're rarely ever up for an in-depth discussion about something; all my sensor friends are into cars and naked women. :sad:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Mine unfortunatly boil down to drugs.

depending on what kind and how intense. I had been using them to control myself... or become someone different. finally getting to a point where I didn't want to be me anymore... so I wanted to blast out that part of myself.

I don't get to many vibes anymore though. cause if I use my N people give me the WTF look. and just don't get it...
so I use my F alot, almost primarily... but if I am around the right people I can use my N.

so people and substances... also tasks. like having to do specific things. aka... cleaning room, driving, counting anything.

when I drift off into space and daydream I can usually get a "clearer head" so to say.

·
Registered
930 Posts
too much caffeine, not enough sleep, too much sugary/low nutrition foods, too much internet, not enough time in quiet/nature/solitude,lack of exercise, forget drugs or alcohol (I don't touch those anymore..used to, though)...all of those things seem to make it worse for me

·
Registered
296 Posts
For if my feelings don't match the intuition i'm completely up in the air. :confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Interestingly, I've found that the more socially adaptable I've become, the more I'm concerned with getting along with people than quietly judging them (and thus, sussing them out more). Sometimes I think this intuition thing can be a real curse in social situations.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
too much caffeine, not enough sleep, too much sugary/low nutrition foods, too much internet, not enough time in quiet/nature/solitude,lack of exercise, forget drugs or alcohol (I don't touch those anymore..used to, though)...all of those things seem to make it worse for me

thank you for being honest and frank.

I have been slowly stepping away from drugs due to a better understanding of said below situation.

I think it has been harder for me with my Ni because my dad has always told me I was basically crazy or that my desire for a world filled with supernatural powers was a bad thing. i always have his voice haunting my Ni and telling me it isn't real. and sometimes... like a lie for thy own self, I believe him.

living with him is still difficult but i am starting to SHOW him who I am.

aka... had the weird idea i wanted to paint the entire inside of my room mood indigo. out of the thousands of colors in home depot I wanted that one and was certain of it :)

couple months pass and an art and home magazine comes out with a five page spread on mood indigo being the color of the season.

either I am leaking into the collective conscious or it into me.

or I picked it up somewhere and my subconscious remembered it. anyway.
he did think it was cool and with this test I have been able to explain myself to him better... getting on the thinkers terms...

·
Registered
235 Posts
thinking too much.
The need to get along with people, or basically concern for them
Sensory; a.k.a what's happening, being seen NOW.
Lack of basic needs, whatever that is.
Emotional imbalance,
any biases.

Reactions: Blue Heart

·
Registered
630 Posts
Being in a large area filled with people, generally dealing with lots of people at once.
Being ignored, although it affects me sometimes, it has a much powerful effect on the one who ignored me.
Being forced to do certain tasks makes me kind of deliberately ignore my intuition.
Lack of people to rely on, or at least trying to understand what I say and I do, although I may repeat myself thousand times if I see that somebody is really interested.
Emotional imbalance already is an universal issue.
The physical pain is also a problem for me: I don't drink coffee, alcohol, I don't smoke, I don't take drugs, I assume I eat mostly what I need, I don't have any disease, and still I have a general feeling of pain all over my body. Sometimes it may get worse and I am not able to focus very well on tasks when this happens, neither on intuition.

·
Banned
641 Posts
Stress and or depression.. this is a major cause..

But mostly it's the masquerade game..
If you are not being honest with yourself , you are not going to trust what your intuition is telling you..
Because that will break the masquerade..

Intution is only useful when you are healthy... Otherwise I think it just compounds the confusion.

·
Registered
930 Posts
thank you for being honest and frank.

I have been slowly stepping away from drugs due to a better understanding of said below situation.

I think it has been harder for me with my Ni because my dad has always told me I was basically crazy or that my desire for a world filled with supernatural powers was a bad thing. i always have his voice haunting my Ni and telling me it isn't real. and sometimes... like a lie for thy own self, I believe him.

living with him is still difficult but i am starting to SHOW him who I am.

aka... had the weird idea i wanted to paint the entire inside of my room mood indigo. out of the thousands of colors in home depot I wanted that one and was certain of it :)

couple months pass and an art and home magazine comes out with a five page spread on mood indigo being the color of the season.

either I am leaking into the collective conscious or it into me.

or I picked it up somewhere and my subconscious remembered it. anyway.
he did think it was cool and with this test I have been able to explain myself to him better... getting on the thinkers terms...
greencoyote- I remember years ago, when I was about 20, and tripping on acid with a friend of mine..we had this conversation. It was like, "this is all it is" being on drugs, you're not going to find god, or make any great discoveries..you're just on drugs. I've found for me that it's hard enough being in this world when I get enough sleep and exercise & eat well, etc, etc. though altering reality and having an escape would be nice, it really just scrambles things up too much. I know what you mean about the supernatural, I have a foot in that reality too & sometimes feel misunderstood by those who don't, though it's always nice to get some validation & to have someone with another perspective listen & attempt to get it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts